Olympia 8

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650

She looks like Michael 7 to me. Whether it's because Olympia 8 has a masculine face or Michael 7 has a feminine face, well, that's up to interpretation ;)

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

I just picked her up pro pack. She looks great!

• The character looks like Alyssa Milano to me at least face-wise.

I can see it a bit, especially in the jaw and chin.  And there is no way Alyssa Milano looks masculine.

Personal taste, but I really like the look of the Gen8 females so far.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

I'm just going to repeat what some people already mentioned. O8 looks a little bit too much like V8. I even find O7 to look better.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    y3kman said:

I'm just going to repeat what some people already mentioned. O8 looks a little bit too much like V8. I even find O7 to look better.

If you have them side by side they don't look quite as much alike as you think. They DO look related tho, even tho Olympia is a whole half a head shorter and a whole lot darker. Got a render cooking now.

Laurie

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Well then, according to some here then, Alyssa Milano must be a trans man! *rolls eyes*

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

To be honest, does not look much different from Victoria 8. Olympia 7 looks more detailed and unique. And the eyebrows look like they are painted on instead of hair.

Exactly my reaction - just a different physique.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

I am surprised there is no additional discount offered to Victoria 8 Pro Bundle buyers.  Heck, I just bought the 2 nerd bundles yesterday + own Victoria 8 Pro bundle - you woulda thunked they'd offer me a sweeter deal for Olympia 8 - who looks so very much like Victoria 8, just better fed and more fitness conscious, I guess.

• AllenArt said:
    y3kman said:

If you have them side by side they don't look quite as much alike as you think. They DO look related tho, even tho Olympia is a whole half a head shorter and a whole lot darker. Got a render cooking now.

Laurie

With both, hopefully. smiley

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Tend to agree with Serene Night that the face doesn't seem a good match for the body.  Nicely done body. Nicely done face (looks like another character actress type to me, that much really is versitile). But they don't really fit together that well. 

Otoh, I'm sure that the morph packages can help, probably without that much tweaking. And the comment made back when the first promo escaped is right, she is noticably short-waisted. I'm not sure that is all that easy to get from morphs alone.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    ThatGuy said:

I am surprised there is no additional discount offered to Victoria 8 Pro Bundle buyers.  Heck, I just bought the 2 nerd bundles yesterday + own Victoria 8 Pro bundle - you woulda thunked they'd offer me a sweeter deal for Olympia 8 - who looks so very much like Victoria 8, just better fed and more fitness conscious, I guess.

There seems to be a discount for O7 and/or O6 owners.

AllenArt said:
    y3kman said:

Laurie

With both, hopefully. smiley

Yes. LOL

Laurie

edited July 2017
    Ati said:
    ThatGuy said:

There is?? Hmmm...must be other requirements that I haven't met I guess *shrug*

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I managed to pick up the pro plus the O7 and addon that I didn't have (as I've pretty much skipped G3 and still mostly use G2)

Didn't have enough in my bank to cover the whole cost and didn't want to put that much on my credit card, so I purchased a gift card with my bank, then paid what I could with that and put the rest on my credit card LOL

Now let me get the damn thing paid down before putting out more of these hard to pass up bundles!

AllenArt said:
    Ati said:
    ThatGuy said:

Laurie

I have a 63% discount on the pro bundle when I put it in the cart. I own both O6 and O7, that must be the trigger for the bigger discount, although I haven't seen any official word about it anywhere.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Given the flakey timing of just about everything to do with this figure so far, the orange banner will probably show up tomorrow.

Ati said:
    AllenArt said:
    Ati said:
    ThatGuy said:

Laurie

I have a 63% discount on the pro bundle when I put it in the cart. I own both O6 and O7, that must be the trigger for the bigger discount, although I haven't seen any official word about it anywhere.

Ah then, there were other requirements: I didn't buy the pro bundle. LOL. I got what I wanted separately ;).

Laurie

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited July 2017

Huh is that Oly8 ??? For the first time i think off damn ugly figure. Only 3 renders in the original product i could think, it can be something (all else damn).
    i'll pass...

Sounds like a rushed launch as i see in the product renders and content in pro bundle (nothing special).

► HD & all needed figure morphs should be in the basic main bundle as this is what makes the figure and not sold be seperatly.

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325
    jakiblue said:

I really wish DAZ would fix that stupid damn bug in the cart where if you have free items, your $6 coupon doesn't fully apply. It's ridiculous and has been going on for far too long. 

Yep, me too. I may just pass on this offer because of that issue.

• Ati said:
    AllenArt said:
    Ati said:
    ThatGuy said:

Laurie

Yse, there seems to be a discount for people who have the items being offered free - there should apparently be a message ("orange banner"), daz is looking into why we aren't seeing it.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660

I see similarities in her face both to V8 and to recent Ophelia 7 of last generation. Not identical, but definitely close relatives.

For myself, I waited on V8 because I saw Olympia 8 was not far behind and I have been a fan of the two previous Olympias more so than their corresponding Victorias. Like some others, looking forward to seeing user renders...

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660

Just adding this visual since I went back comparing promos. Olympia 8 vs Ophelia 7. 

IMG_3768.JPG
    702 x 738 - 117K
    IMG_3769.JPG
    459 x 460 - 46K
  • DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

I like the look of her and tbh, if one looks close enough, one can find similarities just about anywhere.  Its a thoroughly subjective thing.  Since I had only purchased one of  the base Olympia figures previously, today's offer was a very good one for me.

For those commenting that she does not look "different" enough from previous characters, I would say this:  Get out there and make the different character you want to see.  Add a little Olympia, a little Victoria and then go crazy with the individual shaping options. One thing that has always amazed me is the sheer amount of possibilities we have at our fingertips .

Ati said:
    AllenArt said:
    Ati said:
    ThatGuy said:

Laurie

Yse, there seems to be a discount for people who have the items being offered free - there should apparently be a message ("orange banner"), daz is looking into why we aren't seeing it.

Orange banner appeared! :)

• tkztkz Posts: 149

She looks like Michael 7 to me. Whether it's because Olympia 8 has a masculine face or Michael 7 has a feminine face, well, that's up to interpretation ;)

I concur, just like most of the gen 8.... "She look like a man!"

Here are the two figures side by side. Maybe one could construe that the faces are similar (much less so when you see them together), but their bodies are vastly different :).

O8-and-V8.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 555K
  • JasonSWrenchJasonSWrench Posts: 379

Here are side-by-side comparisons of Olympia 8 characters. The two on the left come with Olympia Pro, and the two on the left of Olympia 8 come are Add-ons. 

Jason

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Okay, wow.  I'm a little squicked by using 'looks like a man' as a criticism of the characters.  I mean there's a little bit of a 'yay?' that we're past the point of criticising with 'it looks like a CG character', but a lot of, 'ewwww' that we're to the point of critiquing a CG character by applying gender norms of appropriate femininity to her. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was on the fence last night; the Pro bundle was sitting in my cart with a nice discount (I presumed for having bought O6/7 Pro Bundles, and today's orange banner confirms), and I had the big promo page up when my wife wandered in, took one look and said, 'Oh, is that a new DAZ character? She looks awesome!'  That sealed it for me; my wife is a pretty strong critic of the quality of skin textures, often commenting that they look like zombies, so when she's strongly in favor of a character, I take note.

The Pro bundle is meh, I'll freely agree (oh loincloths, I wish DAZ could quit you...) but it was cheap-ish and I picked up a bunch of the extras at a decent discount as well, and am pretty happy with it all.  If I weren't hacking on a scene on my main DAZ box already, I'd be doing a render with her being badass.

--  Morgan

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

does she come with a separate body shape slider, no scaling applied?

Thanks. !!  

i'm waffling cause vicki8 didn't have a shape only option,

past models had a body shape - morph only, and then like a "full" slider what included shape body, shape head, and scale.

separation was nice option.

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 491
    edited July 2017

Here is my quick render.  not too bad, not too good. a bit shiny.

Olympia8_b.png
    889 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on