Olympia 8

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142
    Ildanach said:

hahah She WOULD make a nice base for Lady Death! :)  I'm still working on trying to find a couple of really good white-haired hair shaders.

She's pretty much perfect for Lady Death. I'm definitely looking forward to getting her!

What hair is used in that promo image?

Perrin Hair by AprilYSH.

• IldanachIldanach Posts: 217
    AllenArt said:
    Ildanach said:

Perrin Hair by AprilYSH.

Cheers, thanks a million!

edited July 2017

Quick comparison of Victoria 8 and Olympia 8 head shapes.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

They both look fine to me *shrug*. I guess maybe the only complaint I *might* have is that Olympia's lips are pretty large. Easily fixed ;).

Laurie

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Thanks to Novica showing her renders, I tried a different light set up here. Used "light 10r" from Colm's Pro-Studio light set, the first one. Massive difference in her skin. I think the trick to Olympia is going to be the lighting if you don't want her looking like an oompa loompa. I'm going to have redo entirely my light set up for Olympia. I still think she looks a bit plastic with her skin. 

Quick test render here. Click for larger pic. 

I forgot a light to put highlights in her eyes, and I hate her painted on eyebrows, because the mats for her eyebrow prop don't work unless you have Victoria 8, so I'm stuck with the painted ones from the makeup mats. 

OlympiaProLight10R.png
    900 x 1200 - 873K
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    y3kman said:

I like that texture on the bikini she is wearing in the sales page looked in store looks like it is an unreleased product  someone's put in a bit of effort in the design texture always like more lingerie and bathing suites  but be nice for new styles and looks/textures/patterns  for a variety same with everything really

Olympia 8 in Vendor, Daz Originals,  3D Models by Daz 3D

That's the Cruise Bikini by lilflame.

thanks looked here couldn't find it but found on her other store on that other site pity not here

edited July 2017
    Ildanach said:

hahah She WOULD make a nice base for Lady Death! :)  I'm still working on trying to find a couple of really good white-haired hair shaders.

She's pretty much perfect for Lady Death. I'm definitely looking forward to getting her!

AprilYSH Voss Hair image

https://www.daz3d.com/voss-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@ANGELREAPER1972 "AprilYSH Voss Hair "

The promo in question shows AprilYSH's Perrin hair. You will note there is a long braided tale.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited July 2017
    Ildanach said:

Quite nice

• Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
    edited July 2017
    Ildanach said:

That should put to rest the part of the discussion about them looking like sisters. May not clear up the "masculinity" claims, but like someone else said, a bunch of women I know would be horrified to find out they were male... cheeky

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Taoz said:
    Mistara said:

does she come with a separate body shape slider, no scaling applied?

Thanks. !!  

i'm waffling cause vicki8 didn't have a shape only option,

Really? That's generally considered a nono, so I can't imagine DAZ has done that on a main character. Can't you just dial the head to zero?

thanks for answering smiley

it's the scaling i'm worried about.

for Victoria 8, there is no slider for the shape without her height scaling.
    the level of effort to make a separate shape slider on my own, eeks
    no wanta to do it again  lol 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    y3kman said:

I like that texture on the bikini she is wearing in the sales page looked in store looks like it is an unreleased product  someone's put in a bit of effort in the design texture always like more lingerie and bathing suites  but be nice for new styles and looks/textures/patterns  for a variety same with everything really

thanks looked here couldn't find it but found on her other store on that other site pity not here

i'm seeing more of a 1920s flapper in this promo.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    edited July 2017
    Ildanach said:

Judging by the color and hair accessory, I think it's the Perrin Hair.

y3kman said:

I'm not sure what's the deal between Daz and the artists since I'm new here. It gets frustrating when you see these cool items used in promo images but it's not listed in the product page. I always assume they're available at the other site.

Post edited by y3kman on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited July 2017

Ah, these are the kind of renders I was hoping to see. I really like the lighting here on her features. What lighting did you use? She looks really good.

Are those the eyebrows she comes with? Because her eyebrows look pretty bad in some of the promos.  

Ildanach said:

Post edited by Llynara on
  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    edited July 2017

Here's my quick render of Sharah wearing the Lethal Rogue outfit.

Sharah.png
    667 x 1080 - 997K
    Post edited by y3kman on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    y3kman said:

Here's my quick render of Sharah wearing the Lethal Rogue outfit.

Aaand now I'm considering the pro bundle again instead of just getting Olympia and Daphne, thaaaaaaaaanks for that.  ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

She looks like Michael 7 to me. Whether it's because Olympia 8 has a masculine face or Michael 7 has a feminine face, well, that's up to interpretation ;)

Lol my personal opinion on this is that Michael 7 (and most of the male 7 line) has a feminine face.  I own very few of the G3 males.

AllenArt said:
    Ati said:
    AllenArt said:
    Ati said:
    ThatGuy said:

I am surprised there is no additional discount offered to Victoria 8 Pro Bundle buyers.  Heck, I just bought the 2 nerd bundles yesterday + own Victoria 8 Pro bundle - you woulda thunked they'd offer me a sweeter deal for Olympia 8 - who looks so very much like Victoria 8, just better fed and more fitness conscious, I guess.

There seems to be a discount for O7 and/or O6 owners.

There is?? Hmmm...must be other requirements that I haven't met I guess *shrug*

Laurie

I have a 63% discount on the pro bundle when I put it in the cart. I own both O6 and O7, that must be the trigger for the bigger discount, although I haven't seen any official word about it anywhere.

Ah then, there were other requirements: I didn't buy the pro bundle. LOL. I got what I wanted separately ;).

Laurie

Me too.  The sad thing is, I own probably 90% of both of those bundles AND the add on bundle, probably spent more money on them and I don't get a banner.

edited July 2017
    Llynara said:

Ah, these are the kind of renders I was hoping to see. I really like the lighting here on her features. What lighting did you use? She looks really good.

Are those the eyebrows she comes with? Because her eyebrows look pretty bad in some of the promos.  

Ildanach said:

Thanks. I used BOSS lighting set up with HDR dome. It's great for doing portraits etc. I should have some body comparisons soon.

Good point about the eyebrows. Olympia 8 comes with materials for eyebrows, but unfortunately there aren't any eyebrows included with her (unlike with Victoria 8). Not sure if this was an oversight or not. So I used OhMyBrows on her instead.

Post edited by Ildanach on
    Ildanach said:

That should put to rest the part of the discussion about them looking like sisters. May not clear up the "masculinity" claims, but like someone else said, a bunch of women I know would be horrified to find out they were male... cheeky

Right?  lol, honestly, I know more womwn who apparently look masculine by far than I know people who look like perfect supermodels.  Ah well, lets face it, this is not reality lol.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited July 2017

Thanks, Ildanach! I love BOSS and I really love the Oh My Brows on her. They look much better than the promos do. Your renders have convinced me to get her. laugh

Ildanach said:
    Llynara said:

Ildanach said:

Thanks. I used BOSS lighting set up with HDR dome. It's great for doing portraits etc. I should have some body comparisons soon.

Good point about the eyebrows. Olympia 8 comes with materials for eyebrows, but unfortunately there aren't any eyebrows included with her (unlike with Victoria 8). Not sure if this was an oversight or not. So I used OhMyBrows on her instead.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551
    edited July 2017
    jakiblue said:

With my PC coupon and a small amount of store credit I had, I was able to get the base Olympia 8 for only $8.80 so picked her up. I'm ...not impressed, to say the slightest. 

I did comparison renders. Same lights. Same clothing. Same hair. Same pose. Translucency Medium on both. Stopped both renders early as it was just a test, so there is a lot of grain naturally as they didn't complete. But boy. Olympia 8 looks like Victoria 3 next to Olympia 7. Plus due to the error with the eyebrows, she has two massive black slugs on her face. I'm sitting here deciding whether to return her. I'm fairly convinced I will. The difference is incredible, and not in a good way. 

Click ot see larger image. 

Hm, if nothing else, that REALLY shows me the differences between G3F and G8F. The latter is better sculpted and more realistic. All last gen has going for it is "pretty" (and that is in the eye of the b). O8 is more realistic, and thus, I much prefer her. 

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • NoswenNoswen Posts: 358
    edited July 2017

Being pretty new to rendering and Daz I don't have a library of G3 items built up, so not such a hard decision to make for me and anyone newer like me, and getting the previous gen bundles with it is nice. Put together a quick render of her face with only a few modifications to the base settings.

Olympia8-1.jpg
    494 x 800 - 94K
    Post edited by Noswen on

just a quickie test wanted to see how kitbashing the new giant spider and g8f Nanana would look as well as trying Olympia 8 (with the bow arrow) one with blue hair is Olympia 6 and one with axes is Olympia 7 HD when do properly  try make at least Olympia 8 stand out more in scene

Olympias test 208am 270717.png
    1354 x 636 - 847K
  • Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    Fixme12 said:

Huh is that Oly8 ??? For the first time i think off damn ugly figure. Only 3 renders in the original product i could think, it can be something (all else damn).
    i'll pass...

Sounds like a rushed launch as i see in the product renders and content in pro bundle (nothing special).

► HD & all needed figure morphs should be in the basic main bundle as this is what makes the figure and not sold be seperatly.

HD NOT needed here, and as stated in another thread would serve to DEVALUE the bundles, especially for people that tend towards buying most or all of them

Or they need to make the bundles more interesting to buy...

i prefer to have a more complete base figure (hd,gens & the morphs) then a pro bundle full of poses, clothes, hair you dislike and probably never going to use.

Gens are included in the pro bundles if I remember correctly

• BaronekBaronek Posts: 81
    edited July 2017

To be honest, over the last 5 years I can count on one hand the number of times I've used the base character for a render... more times than not I've used a morph to alter the head and body, or plugged in a character's head from one of the other characters released for the base character & the same with the textures. For me, the body shape is the most important element with the Olympia 8 release.

Case in point, this is one of my test renders with O8 body and a mix of character head morphs brought over from G3. (she sure doesn't look very masculine to me). Olympia 8 on the left with the striped top (using Daphne skin and Lainey eyes), and Olympia 7 (with some Ophelia thrown in) on the right with the striped bottom (using FWSA Susan texture).

(The O8 render as said is a test only... lots of tweaking needed before I'm happy to sign off on the finished image.)

Chel_O8.jpg
    1080 x 1350 - 163K
    Chel_O3.jpg
    1080 x 1350 - 188K
    Post edited by Baronek on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Reading all the comments makes me feel like I've dropped into the Twilight Zone. I think she looks stunning!! Really beautiful! 

it is amusing don't you think that usually the complaint is each figure is toooo pretty/perfect not average everday looking or is youngish looking needs to be more mature older looking or toooo skinny and then they give us that or try to and then still complaints saying she's ugly or fat or old or butch the only female figure I've seen relised that everyone raved over was Star. Oh well can't please everyone. I also look at the related  extras you can buy which gives you more an idea of the newer character/s some interesting like the add on clothing textures or poses and so on as sometimes these better display the potential of the new characters and there are a few there that show off both the tough gritty side as well as more softer side of Olympia, Victoria and Gen8 as well as some of the add on characters. Got pro yeah maybe could've just gone for the base but want a few things to get going yeah she and Vicky can use older stuff but still nice to have few of their own things too and I think the archery set is ok too has that action comic suoer hero vibe feel to it would buy some of the extras if could afford 

lol Yeah. Can't please everyone, that's for sure. One thing I think MIGHT be causing (or at least contributing to) the complain-fest is that there is a lot of really negative stuff going on in the world right now, and I think that might be affecting both people's moods as well as making them a LOT more picky about what they spend their money on. (That's just a theory though.)

I absolutely love Olympia 8 and will be getting her as soon as I'm able to get some money coming in. :)

I think you'll like her you know she may make a good starting point for a G8 version of Lady Death

yeah always negative now days in everything just look at anything on facebook even a cute and funny aniaml pic or video enrages people 

some say O looks too manly maybe some she looks like a tough lady but there are plenty in rl do but same time there are a few promo renders that make her look softer and others that make her look like an average don't wanna say plain but as someone that doesn't stand out as for some saying looking like Vicky well looking at the different shots I think even in the base promos some are featuring showing what she looks like with Vicky skin or part of her dialed in but not saying it like others promos have when they've displayed other characters shapes dialed combined or skin textures used

I've been experimenting to get white hair; trouble is, it takes on colour very easily from its environment.

There wasn't a suitable greyscale texture in the Liv hair, so I created one and lightened it. Head inset had a tiny bit of yellow in the shader; the main shot had less.

whiteHair.jpg
    1264 x 1254 - 187K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    jakiblue said:

Thanks to Novica showing her renders, I tried a different light set up here. Used "light 10r" from Colm's Pro-Studio light set, the first one. Massive difference in her skin. I think the trick to Olympia is going to be the lighting if you don't want her looking like an oompa loompa. I'm going to have redo entirely my light set up for Olympia. I still think she looks a bit plastic with her skin. 

Quick test render here. Click for larger pic. 

I forgot a light to put highlights in her eyes, and I hate her painted on eyebrows, because the mats for her eyebrow prop don't work unless you have Victoria 8, so I'm stuck with the painted ones from the makeup mats. 

Very nice render! She has such a lovely shape! The lighting makes a big difference, you're right. And I have to agree on the skin, some of the renders I've seen of her the skin looks a bit off. But then again I'm never happy with "out of the box" skin/textures and have to make adjustments to the shaders of every character I buy.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    nicstt said:

Reading all the comments makes me feel like I've dropped into the Twilight Zone. I think she looks stunning!! Really beautiful! 

it is amusing don't you think that usually the complaint is each figure is toooo pretty/perfect not average everday looking or is youngish looking needs to be more mature older looking or toooo skinny and then they give us that or try to and then still complaints saying she's ugly or fat or old or butch the only female figure I've seen relised that everyone raved over was Star. Oh well can't please everyone. I also look at the related  extras you can buy which gives you more an idea of the newer character/s some interesting like the add on clothing textures or poses and so on as sometimes these better display the potential of the new characters and there are a few there that show off both the tough gritty side as well as more softer side of Olympia, Victoria and Gen8 as well as some of the add on characters. Got pro yeah maybe could've just gone for the base but want a few things to get going yeah she and Vicky can use older stuff but still nice to have few of their own things too and I think the archery set is ok too has that action comic suoer hero vibe feel to it would buy some of the extras if could afford 

lol Yeah. Can't please everyone, that's for sure. One thing I think MIGHT be causing (or at least contributing to) the complain-fest is that there is a lot of really negative stuff going on in the world right now, and I think that might be affecting both people's moods as well as making them a LOT more picky about what they spend their money on. (That's just a theory though.)

I absolutely love Olympia 8 and will be getting her as soon as I'm able to get some money coming in. :)

I think you'll like her you know she may make a good starting point for a G8 version of Lady Death

yeah always negative now days in everything just look at anything on facebook even a cute and funny aniaml pic or video enrages people 

some say O looks too manly maybe some she looks like a tough lady but there are plenty in rl do but same time there are a few promo renders that make her look softer and others that make her look like an average don't wanna say plain but as someone that doesn't stand out as for some saying looking like Vicky well looking at the different shots I think even in the base promos some are featuring showing what she looks like with Vicky skin or part of her dialed in but not saying it like others promos have when they've displayed other characters shapes dialed combined or skin textures used

I've been experimenting to get white hair; trouble is, it takes on colour very easily from its environment.

There wasn't a suitable greyscale texture in the Liv hair, so I created one and lightened it. Head inset had a tiny bit of yellow in the shader; the main shot had less.

Not bad! It's still a bit blond. Super light colored hair can be really tricky. Getting a straight white color is crazy hard for me - at least getting it to look photo realistic.