New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Be sure to keep in mind that the genesis stuff is generally sized for V5 supermodel/V5 scaled at 100%. So your going to need to use that shape or scale the figure accordingly.

I'll see if I can get a list of what is updated and ask DAZ to add that information to the product pages.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

a list at the front of this thread would be helpful too... I cant remember all the items i bought and there's no easy way to search my itemized history, and Daz store search is broken... j ust saying!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

The Ultimate Dynamic Tee has already been updated & if you have just needs a reset.

Thanks for that! Downloading now.

Dana

edited December 1969

a list at the front of this thread would be helpful too... I cant remember all the items i bought and there's no easy way to search my itemized history, and Daz store search is broken... j ust saying!

Have you gotten Taosoft's DAZ History Manager yet? It works really well. And you can reset downloads right from there. I just did that for the Ultimate Dynamic Tee. I searched for it in there, checked the check box, logged in to the browser and then clicked Reset Checked Items button. I'm already downloading. :-)

Dana

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

He took that down when he put the coats up. :down:

Oh, that's too bad. I wonder why?

Dana

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Have you gotten Taosoft's DAZ History Manager yet? It works really well. And you can reset downloads right from there. I just did that for the Ultimate Dynamic Tee. I searched for it in there, checked the check box, logged in to the browser and then clicked Reset Checked Items button. I'm already downloading. :-)

Dana

Thanks for the link to the DazHM site. I have been doing it manually using a spread sheet and I just know I am missing stuff. This should be a big help :D

How does it deal with bundles?

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Thanks for the link to the DazHM site. I have been doing it manually using a spread sheet and I just know I am missing stuff. This should be a big help :D

How does it deal with bundles?

It doesn't right now. But I think he is trying to work that out for a future update. :-)

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The latest version does check for items in bundles.

edited December 1969

Hmmm ... then I must have downloaded the wrong file :( Just to experiment, I looked up le Church from the le Village bundle, and the search showed nothing.

But even if I need to keep track of bundles in a separate spread sheet, this tool still makes my life loads easier.

edited December 1969

Didn't work for me, either. I checked by putting Jamie Hair in the search and it didn't find it, but it did find Michael 4 Pro Bundle, in which you find Jamie Hair.

Unfortunately, it did find Beck for M4, as a stand-alone purchase. D'oh! :shut:

Dana

edited December 1969

I was so excited about the DazHM, I almost forgot why I popped into the thread, today :D

I wanted to share my latest piece using the dynamic clothes closet expanding product, an oldie but goodie, MFD to QoA (http://www.daz3d.com/mfd-to-qoa). I learned a new trick with this one, too. I used the dress in the normal way ... loaded the blank dress, used the plugin to apply a free mat I found somewhere. I didn't think the color was exactly what I needed, I I used a fabric shader then re-applied the opacity map from the previously loaded texture. Worked like a charm :D The most versatile dynamic dress I have :D

Question, Martin, does the plug-in also work with the MFD textures designed for Genesis MFD? Probably not, but doesn't hurt to ask.

If any want to hear the song that accompanies the image, visit my website: http://willowravenillustration.weebly.com/featured-image.html

Her-Name-is-Alice---layers---ff-augment-image-1----for-web.jpg
    1113 x 720 - 53K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Genesis MFD is the V4 one re-rigged to fit Genesis so any textures for the V4 version will work with the Genesis.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    The Genesis MFD is the V4 one re-rigged to fit Genesis so any textures for the V4 version will work with the Genesis.

Not what I mean. I don't use genesis. What I mean, if the genesis MFD shares the same mat formats, could I use free mats that I like, designed for the genesis MFD, in the MFD to QoA dress in DS3?

I think this will need experimenting with ... good reason to do another scene, huh ... lol.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Yes ,MFD for Genesis,uses the UV mapping as the MFD for V4 ,which means ALL of the textures are exchangeable and will work with the QoA dress via the plug-in

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Yes ,MFD for Genesis,uses the UV mapping as the MFD for V4 ,which means ALL of the textures are exchangeable and will work with the QoA dress via the plug-in

Awesome :D An even more versatile dress :D Thanks

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

When DAZ History Manager checks your Shopping Cart for duplicates, it checks bundles you've purchased against data from the Fun With Bundles catalog. I don't think you can search for an item and see bundles that contain it.

edited December 1969

When DAZ History Manager checks your Shopping Cart for duplicates, it checks bundles you've purchased against data from the Fun With Bundles catalog. I don't think you can search for an item and see bundles that contain it.

Oh, well that's interesting! Thanks.

Dana

edited December 1969

Just wanted to show off my latest Daz Dynamic projects :D

Featured products:
    Celtic Magic book cover - MFD to QOA & Controllable Dynamic Cloak for DAZ Studio
    Renaissance - ThanksGivingT-Shirt (freebie)
    Dragon's Siege - Dynamic Medieval Bundle
    Tear Stained Beaches - Flared Skirt & Circle T-Shirt V4 (freebie)

Tear-Stained-Beaches-by-Courtney-Giardina----web_777.jpg
    518 x 777 - 216K
    Iscalon-Dragons-Siege---final-cover-art-saved-for-web_at_777.jpg
    518 x 777 - 189K
    Renaissance----web_at_777.jpg
    518 x 777 - 137K
    Celtic-Magic----for-web_at_777.jpg
    513 x 777 - 173K
    edited December 1969

I am having problems with the romantic shirt ... no matter what presets I choose, it wants go spikey and crazy. I've tried both animated and static drapes. What preset do ya'll use?

edited December 1969

Maybe I need to reinstall it? It hasn't done this in the past. Anyone still use it and have any ideas?

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited March 2013

Try giving your cloth panels another values, one from the fabric presets on Martin's site. This has happened to me when some of the cloth panel values I've tweaked are too extreme.

Post edited by SimonWM on
    edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    Try giving your cloth panels another values, one from the fabric presets on Martin's site. This has happened to me when some of the cloth panel values I've tweaked are too extreme.

That's what I am saying. I've tried every single preset and it's going nuts.

• Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is it happening in zero pose (for the cloth) too, or when it's fitted to a posed M4?

Maybe your pose is too "extreme" for the shirt (i.e. stretches the mesh of the shirt) causing it to blow up.

edited December 1969

Tempest! said:
    Is it happening in zero pose (for the cloth) too, or when it's fitted to a posed M4?

Maybe your pose is too "extreme" for the shirt (i.e. stretches the mesh of the shirt) causing it to blow up.

I haven't tried draping pre-pose, but I also don't consider the pose extreme:

screenshot_romantic_shirt.jpg
    628 x 609 - 68K
  • Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Yeah, that's not exactly an extreme pose. But consider how some of Martin's freebies (like the Star Trek stuff) include a pose for M4, because the dynamic garments can blow up if you drape them when M4 is in his standard T-pose! So it's not out of the question.

Post edited by Tempest! on
    edited December 1969

Tempest! said:
    Yeah, that's not exactly an extreme pose. But consider how some of Martin's freebies (like the Star Trek stuff) include a pose for M4, because the dynamic garments can blow up if you drape them when M4 is in his standard T-pose! So it's not out of the question.

Although I use almost all of Martin's freebies, the romantic shirt is not a freebie. So I'm going to re-set it and hope it corrects the problem.

What I don't understand is I've used it many times before with no problems. I've always loved it's ease of use, in the past.

Anne_sketch_two_-_thinner.png
    466 x 700 - 373K
    Steampirate,-Doctor-Koblinski-at-300ppi---signed----for-web_at_777.jpg
    445 x 629 - 80K
    Meladrom_-_signed_at_777.jpg
    518 x 777 - 96K
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

That pose does not have any self intersection under the arm does it? Sometimes if the body parts are self intersecting then the clothing freaks out because it isn't sure where "outside" is any more.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    That pose does not have any self intersection under the arm does it? Sometimes if the body parts are self intersecting then the clothing freaks out because it isn't sure where "outside" is any more.

It does, but not until the end of the animation. It's freaking out in the third frame ... he's still in the default pose then.