I’d rather see than be one!

Also

Ah, Yes! I Wrote the 'Purple Cow' -
    I'm Sorry, now, I Wrote it!
    But I can Tell you Anyhow,
    I'll Kill you if you Quote it!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited June 2017

Arghhh... it's raining again today. frown  It's a good thing I had my little mini-adventure to the flea market yesterday.  If the people in Arizona and Nevada want some of this cool water they can come get it. enlightened

I'm getting all giddy and wiggly about my upcoming maxi-adventure to the symphony on Thursday in the completely rebuilt new Amphitheater.  I hope it doesn't rain.  The amphitheater is open but covered, but it's a long walk across the town to get to it.  I usually arrive two hours early to make sure I get a parking spot close to the gates.  Then browse the bookstore, have an ice cream sundae, sit in the park and watch the kids and people then toddle off toward the amphitheater. 

The performance:  http://chq.org/calendar/eventdetail/3291/chautauqua-symphony-orchestra-opening-night

The new Amphitheater live cameras:  http://chq.org/amp-cam

The Chautauqua Institution:  http://chq.org/

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

My new compy. So far so good.smiley

Capture.PNG
    346 x 356 - 19K
    edited June 2017

New toys!  Yea!  Happy, happy. Joy, joy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVM1nUmDHHc

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    Tjohn said:

...wow a mobile 1070.  Nice.

...yikes!  13:50 and already 101° in the 'hood with the hottest part of the day yet to come.

Even with the AC running, it's 80° inside.  Time to shut the 'puters down so they don't overheat and look for a place that serves tall cold drinks for the rest of the afternoon. Relief on the way tomorrow, back down to the upper 70s.

kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:

...wow a mobile 1070.  Nice.

Thanks. Luckily the GPU worked with Iray right out of the box. Picked up Afterburner so I could monitor the temp. So far 64 C is the hottest it has run. smiley

...that's pretty good for a notebook. Mine was always in the 70sC to near 80°C and that was with the old Intel GM45 video chipset.

Check your available VRAM to see if W10 is reserving a portion of it (you can do so simply opening the Daz programme then viewing at the logfile). 

edited June 2017

..OK 102° outside 81° inside, time to spare the hardware from overheating and head off in search of tall refreshing drinkies with umbrellas in them.

Be back later tonight.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2017

...well topped out at 104° in the hood.  Actually "officially" hit 100° at the airport (where only coyotes, raccoons and aeroplanes reside).  Yeah, spent the day enjoying many tall cool drinks.  The local pub I usually hang out at held a "patio party" with cool drinks booze slushies (frozen margaritas) and fun things ike leis squrit guns, and beach balls.  They also had one of those misting systems which felt great to sit under.   Spent way too much (well for me) but had a great time. 

The only downside was when I took the bus to get a pizza as the house was still to hot for cooking (the pizzeria down the road has a special on small 2 topping pies right now) because it took much longer than scheduled for the bus I was waiting for to get back home. When it finally arrived it was packed to the front door so I had to wait for the one behind it.   Meanwhile the tracking programme kept ignoring that and the bus behind it only listing times for the much later runs.  Based on that info, I could have almost walked home which would have been a waste of bus fare.

edited June 2017

I was never much of a drinker but now I'm almost a teatotaller (my body complains vehemently) but I do remember one very hot summer in Key West, Florida and a bar that helped patrons cool down by having a "Hurricane Party".  They strung sprinkler hoses around the inside of the eaves of the open air interior patio of the bar amongst the palm trees and hibiscus bushes, and installed strobe lights and wind machines.  Does that count?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Happy Birthday to AtticAnne! 

She doesn't seem to come around here much anymore, but just in case she's lurking!

Dana

DanaTA said:

She doesn't seem to come around here much anymore, but just in case she's lurking!

Dana

+1

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,315
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Anothe + 1

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Anothe + 1

Same from me too!

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Ooohhhhh... that's right, it was my birthday on Saturday.  i totally forgot.  I better scurry and see if there's any suprises waiting for me in my DIM... *coughBijoucough*... hahaha

Stryder87 said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Ooohhhhh... that's right, it was my birthday on Saturday.  i totally forgot.  I better scurry and see if there's any suprises waiting for me in my DIM... *coughBijoucough*... hahaha

Oh, well

Happy Birthday

to you, too!

I used to get something from CP but this year I didn't.  I guess I don't spend enough time in their shop anymore.

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688

Sunburns feels so great on a summer day like this.  Wow!!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,315
    DanaTA said:
    Stryder87 said:
    DanaTA said:

I used to get something from CP but this year I didn't.  I guess I don't spend enough time in their shop anymore.

Dana

Odd.

I only bought one item to spend last years CP coupon and a little bit of free stuff; but I still got the birthday coupon added to my account.

Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

+1

..+2

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

+1

..+2

+3

...well big differnce today, about a 20° drop from yesterday.  Still was in the low 80s but felt way more comfortable.

Really wondering of this might not be another summer like we had back in 2009 where we had more than a month of 90°+ temperatrues wich about a week of where it hit or exceeded 100° (we nearly tied the historic all time historic reading of 107° on two consecutive days).  That summer occurred after an equally cold snowy winter and unseasonably cool wet spring like we had this past year.   So far this year we've had 4 days of 90° or above, back in '09 we only had one by this date.  The hottest time of the year here usually doesn't ocur until the last week or so of July into mid August.

I know it's early but....

...It's So Hot I Could Fry Bacon On The Pavement Complaint Thread.

....wow, just thought, anyone hear anything from PS1borg lately?

DanaTA said:
    Stryder87 said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Odd.

I only bought one item to spend last years CP coupon and a little bit of free stuff; but I still got the birthday coupon added to my account.

Yeah, it seems odd things happen to me all the time.  I don't want to mention it...that feels awkward.  No big deal, I guess.  I don't have money to spend on these things anyway.

Dana

kyoto kid said:

....wow, just thought, anyone hear anything from PS1borg lately?

A few of us were wondering about him last week.  It was last week, wasn't it?  Someone slow down time, will ya?  It's racing away!

Dana

...whem you're my age, time shoots by faster than the Flash running at top speed.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

I have a motorcycle that I really want to ride.
    After a thunderstorm, it takes about four days for the lakes on my dirt road to dry out enough for me to escape the house.
    All month long we've had a thunderstorm every three days or so.
    Driving the car just isn't the same.
    So far I hate summer.
    And my birthday was also 24 June, and no coupon.

Happy Birthday,

Petercat!

Dana

edited June 2017

...wow, that's three birthdays I missed.

Happy latest trip around the central stellar primary to Attic Annie, Stryder87, and Petercat.

kyoto kid said:

...whem you're my age, time shoots by faster than the Flash running at top speed.

Well ..., if the adage "Time flies when you're having fun." is true then us old people must be having a ball. yes However, I just chalk it up to approaching senility and those afternoon naps add up to me being unconscious more. frown  I measure time in Social Security deposits.  Only 3 more checks until my next colonoscopy.indecision

This discussion has been closed.