19495969798100»

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Has big tired complaint :0

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060

Almost 3:00 am here...has big wide awake complaint!  frown

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

...tried that and the notebook wasn't recognised.  Actually want to to go back to the two system setup as I don't like using the work system for online stuff save for the DIM and updating other software. That way while I'm waiting for a render process to finish, I can do other things.

edited November 2017

...bugger, the only PC items tonight that trigger discounts are for G8. 

Got too wrapped up in being back on line with fast service that I forgot to cash out what I had in the cart.  Had a bunch in the 80% category (a number of usefl props and some cool cars) with the PC+ Building Site set and when I wnet to check out the total was 40$ instead of just under 10.  Apparently only Debut Releases and not "Still New" ones trigger the discount for the special DO item sales.  Now I either have to purchase something I can't use or something more expensive to knock the price of all the other items down again.

...The Too Much G8 stuff Complaint Thread

----------

ETA.

...oh, "Pre-Conga Rats" to whoever wins the thread as I will most likely still be asleep when it happens.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Santa says there are only 44 days till Christmas Complaint thread
    Proof

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    Chohole said:

Proof

How many weeks?

• Chohole said:

Proof

How many weeks?

Not enough

• Complaint:  Freezing temperatures expected tomorrow morning.  It's raining now.  I don't want to wake up to snow, because I've got a breakfast appointment and then a doctor appointment.   I hate driving in snow. frown

And you live in the NY State lake effect snow belt ? Time to move to warmer climes.

Arghhh..., SNOW....  I'm not ready!  about an inch of the stuff this morning and still coming.  COLD..., streets are frozen white.  And I have to go out in the stuff today.frown  It's why I try to make doctor appointments before or after snow season.  This appointment is an unscheduled one.  Now, I remember why I liked Florida. indecision

Chohole said:

Proof

How many weeks?

Not enough

True.  Is Black Friday next week or the following week?

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    kyoto kid said:
    ...well got everything installed and working...well to a point. While going through emails that backed up FF went into "not responding" mode and simply froze. When I checked Task Manager there were two instances of it running. I tried closing out the second one from the processes tab but it just stayed there. I am wondering if it was the older version that didn't fully close out as I updated it to the current one and restarted it. Another interesting thing happened as well. When I shut the system down to move it so I could plug in the cable a message appeared that some update was being configured. Odd in that this system had no Net connection for about 6 months and I disabled Windows updates in October of 2016 when MS switched to sending monthly updates in a bundle format. OK it gets worse, as to get rid of the second instance of FF, I decided to shut down the system and restart. Well it's been about 15 minutes and it is still in "shutting down" mode. Not sure what to do and am still stuck using the phone.

Geebus, no rest for the weary... :(

Complaint:  Freezing temperatures expected tomorrow morning.  It's raining now.  I don't want to wake up to snow, because I've got a breakfast appointment and then a doctor appointment.   I hate driving in snow. frown

And you live in the NY State lake effect snow belt ? Time to move to warmer climes.

Arghhh..., SNOW....  I'm not ready!  about an inch of the stuff this morning and still coming.  COLD..., streets are frozen white.  And I have to go out in the stuff today.frown  It's why I try to make doctor appointments before or after snow season.  This appointment is an unscheduled one.  Now, I remember why I liked Florida. indecision

FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!:-O

Omg my ride to work is late!

Friday morning complaints!

- Eyes are fuzzy and blurry this morning

- Neck and shoulders hurt

- Tummy not happy

- Had to reschedule doctors appointment due to critical morning meeting

- Cold outside

Non-complaints!

- Grocery delivery between noon and 2

- Since doctor appointment moved to December, can spend the $350 on warm clothes

- Can sleep late tomorrow

- All afternoon looks quiet at work

- No FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY

- Found a package of Irish Breakfast Tea I had ordered, yaay more hot tea

Where is my ride complaint?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:

weather issued gale warning.  who is gale and whats her problem?

never understood the difference between a yam and a sweet potato.

i luv sweet potato casserole but i hate peeling them.

The i hate peeling yams Complaint Thread

Basically, if you buy it in the regular market, it's probably the same thing.  Sweet potatoes have been mistakenly called yams since colonial times.  Real yams are a very different food.  I didn't know this until I just looked it up, either.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/25/difference-between-sweet-potatoes-and-yams_n_1097840.html

Dana

Thanks!

I Yam what i yam what i yam 

I am tired of waiting for my ride.  They are supposed to be here by now.

I need to make my bed soon so I can use the bed (for a place to rest when I start to snore or sleep)

Doesn't one normally make one's bed after sleeping in it?

True but I washed my sheets today as today is laundry day.  I am not really making my bed but putting the sheets back on the bed.

sheets?

sleeping in a heap of blankets is warmer this time of year.
    1 fleecy directly on sleeping surface, insert self, 2-3 more fleecies on top,
    then wriggle n roll to tuck em around sides. 2 body pillows. 
    repeat 3 more times during the night for pit stop runs.
    a snack table in reach for tissues, water, and lip smacker.

edited November 2017
    Chohole said:

Proof

44 days!!!  mostly panic

DAY DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY

TODAY

NOV 10
    Partly Cloudy/Wind

37°24°

0%

NW 22 mph 39%

eeeks  24 ° F

is windy.  pushy wind.  gale warning still warning.

complaint.  they want me to return parts that shipped from China.  i've never shipped something to China.

i was pondering monty python last night.

i know what a monty is from the movie the Full Monty.  Python is a big snake.

are they trying to say they have big male gen?

smiley The Overcompensating Inadequacy Complaint Thread

Contiguous posts merged as is the rule on Page 100

Post edited by Chohole on
    Mistara said:

I need to make my bed soon so I can use the bed (for a place to rest when I start to snore or sleep)

True but I washed my sheets today as today is laundry day.  I am not really making my bed but putting the sheets back on the bed.

sheets?

Did I say there were no blankets?  I have quite a few blankets.  My roommate thinks I have too many, but is it possible to have too many blankets?

Mistara said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:

weather issued gale warning.  who is gale and whats her problem?

never understood the difference between a yam and a sweet potato.

i luv sweet potato casserole but i hate peeling them.

The i hate peeling yams Complaint Thread

Basically, if you buy it in the regular market, it's probably the same thing.  Sweet potatoes have been mistakenly called yams since colonial times.  Real yams are a very different food.  I didn't know this until I just looked it up, either.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/25/difference-between-sweet-potatoes-and-yams_n_1097840.html

Dana

Thanks!

I Yam what i yam what i yam 

Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a yam!

edited November 2017
    Mistara said:

sheets?

This sounds remarkably like how I sleep in the Winter.

Small personal heater keeps the floor warm (I have hardwood floors brrrr)

Bed has one super soft super fuzzy warm blanket, a comforter, a memory foam pillow, a down pillow, and one of tthose chair-like read-in-bed pillows.

Bedside table has water glass, Tums, kleenex, sound generator, LED lamp and Kindle.

Bedtime drill: get fuzzy blankie crawl under comforter, roll in fuzzy blanket until burrito-ized.  Turn sound generator to chirping crickets.  Sleep.

Would only be better with a warm, soft female. :)

Mistara said:

» show previous quotes

44 days!!!  mostly panic

TODAY

NOV 10
    Partly Cloudy/Wind

37°24°

0%

NW 22 mph 39%

eeeks  24 ° F

complaint.  they want me to return parts that shipped from China.  i've never shipped something to China.

It's all about the toast, you know. :p

Miss Bad Wolf said:

» show previous quotes

Did I say there were no blankets?  I have quite a few blankets.  My roommate thinks I have too many, but is it possible to have too many blankets?

You can never be too good looking, too rich, or have too many blankets!!!!!! :-o

Once again contiguous posts merged, as is the rule for page 100

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sheets?

Bed has one super soft super fuzzy warm blanket, a comforter, a memory foam pillow, a down pillow, and one of tthose chair-like read-in-bed pillows.

Bedside table has water glass, Tums, kleenex, sound generator, LED lamp and Kindle.

Bedtime drill: get fuzzy blankie crawl under comforter, roll in fuzzy blanket until burrito-ized.  Turn sound generator to chirping crickets.  Sleep.

Mistara said:

» show previous quotes

44 days!!!  mostly panic

TODAY

NOV 10
    Partly Cloudy/Wind

37°24°

0%

NW 22 mph 39%

eeeks  24 ° F

Miss Bad Wolf said:

» show previous quotes

You can never be too good looking, too rich, or have too many blankets!!!!!! :-o

You could invite Rio for a sleepover.

atticanne said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sheets?

Mistara said:

» show previous quotes

44 days!!!  mostly panic

TODAY

NOV 10
    Partly Cloudy/Wind

37°24°

0%

NW 22 mph 39%

eeeks  24 ° F

Miss Bad Wolf said:

» show previous quotes

You could invite Rio for a sleepover.

My bad.  Warm, female, and HUMAN.

Lunch non-complaint: DEAD FISH IN A TRAY being delivered!  With a tempuura spider! Oh boy!!!!!

Can never go wrong with DEAD FISH ON A TRAY!!!

Groceries delivered, fridge full, happier now. :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Four or five hot-air balloons scudding above city towers on a warm north wind llile mobile billboards - loans, insurance, wine - rounded off by invisible sky-blue hands a little after dawn :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Got hooked up with better internet, thanks big Bro! smiley

YUM!  Lots of DEAD FISH on 2 trays...

One has tempura pieces of soft shell crab, legs sticking out all over.. nibbling the legs off and munching body parts!!! Slightly spicy.

The rest is next.. hand rolls and sashimi..

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166

I have a bag of King Crab legs in the freezer. Me and the 2 kids ate two bags of them already and they were darn good with some melted garlic butter.

• Argh... more snow!  And it's going to be even colder tonight.  Too soon, too soon.  sad

edited November 2017
    NVIATWAS said:

Lunch non-complaint: DEAD FISH IN A TRAY being delivered!  With a tempuura spider! Oh boy!!!!!

Can never go wrong with DEAD FISH ON A TRAY!!!

Groceries delivered, fridge full, happier now. :)

...wow the thread hasn't rolled over yet.

Planning Dead Fish on a plate for dinner tonight. 

Speaking of cold was only 16°F this morning in Milwaukee Wi breaking the record low for the day.  Fortunately no precipitation.

This morning's temp of 44° here in Portland would seem balmy in comparison.  Rain chance only 20% compared to the 100% that was forecast a day ago.  May do a grocery run in a bit as tomorrow and especially Sunday look much wetter.

New thread is HERE

This discussion has been closed.