I Am So Tired But There's So Much To Do Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited June 2017

...well, there was another global ransomware attack today, Called Petya/GoldenEye it is a very potent and fast spreading malware which is combines elements of the Petya, GoldenEye, and WannaCry ransomware.

From what I understand it began at 14:00 PDT and instructs you to reboot your system.  When you do so, it locks your system up.  According to researchers it is likely that phishing emails and "watering hole" attacks are being used to spread it. So far it primarily seems to be going after large industrial firms and operations like airports which must keep their systems running 24/7 and have difficulty upgrading their internal netwroks.

Some evidence has surfaced that the intent of the attack may be data/system destruction rather than for financial gain by the perpetrators.

Be very careful out there.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2017
    Mistara said:

had a lotta fail today.  lose some, lose some more 

...ugh had another lotto fail.  Yeah I know the odds are like getting caught in an avalanche of snow and ice in the middle of Death Valley during July, but really feel I am running out of time and hope with this housing situation. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Tjohn said:
    Mistara said:

tysmiley

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586

Drinking a cold beverage too fast makes me cough.  Not sure why?

edited June 2017
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

...ugh had another lotto fail.  Yeah I know the odds are like getting caught in an avalanche of snow and ice in the middle of Death Valley during July, but really feel I am running out of time and hope with this housing situation. 

lotto fail wasn't unexpected, >.<

feels the gap between DS content and Carrara compatibility izz wider

Post edited by Mistara on

Now I am unable to figure out how to get DS to work on my computer I cannot use Genesis 8 at all since that requires DS.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,123
    edited June 2017
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

When I go into the store to buy a lotto ticket I compain that the last one I bought was defective. If they're naive enough to ask me why, I simply reply  "It didn't win." indecision

Or, I if they ask me "how many?" I will reply, "Just one.  It only takes one... over and over and over and over, ..." frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited June 2017

Eating ice cream too fast makes me sneeze violently.  I think it has something to do with irritating the the sphenopalatine ganglion that also causes "brain freeze". indecision

Eating ice cream too fast makes me sneeze violently.  I think it has something to do with irritatint the the sphenopalatine ganglion that also causes "brain freeze".

gargle blaster should fix that right up smiley

negotiating with mr.pancreas for a s'mores frappuccino later. yumma

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Lung freeze.

I just earned 200 bonus stars and I currently have 58 stars showing which is 67 stars until my free reward.    Once the two hundred points show up I will have two free rewards I think.

Got the bonus stars so I have a drink for tomorrow and Saturday.

Trying to get Poser 11 install manger uninstalled and reinstalled to see if I can install Poser 11.  Right now Start menu and task manager are hiding and refusing to show themselves.  I need control pannel to access the program controls.  What are the short cut keys to get control pannel to run?

edited June 2017

Yea!  Time has arrived.  I'm off to the symphony at Chautauqua tonight.  Tchaikovsky piano concerto and Tchaikovsky 4th Symphony.  Held in the brand-new rebuilt from the ground up, amphitheater.  The old wooden amphitheater was well over a hundred years old and needed replacement instead of another refurbishment.  Tonight I will have a good restaurant meal, a walk across the Chautauqa grounds, an ice cream sundae in the park, a drink before the concert, browse the bookstore, and then about 3 hours of music. smiley Topped off by a terrifying 25 mile drive home in the dark by an ancient nightblind man. surprise

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Yea!  Time has arrived.  I'm off to the symphony at Chautauqua tonight.  Tchaikovsky piano concerto and Tchaikovsky 4th Symphony.  Held in the brand-new rebuilt from the ground up, amphitheater.  The old wooden amphitheater was well over a hundred years old and needed replacement instead of another refurbishment.  Tonight I will have a good restaurant meal, a walk across the Chautauqa grounds, an ice cream sundae in the park, a drink before the concert, browse the bookstore, and then about 3 hours of music. smiley Topped off by a terrifying 25 mile drive home in the dark by an ancient nightblind man. surprise

Maybe you should stop taking rides from that ancient nightblind...oh wait...nevermind.blush Hope you enjoy the Symphony.smileyyes

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060

Have a good time, LeatherGryphon!

Dana

What is a good way to capture a mouse but not my feet?  I thought about those clasic spring mouse traps but that will hurt my feet too much, if I step on it.   I thought of getting glue trap but they will stick to everything and still not kill the rodent.

Complaint time I hate doing laundry.  The dryer is done but not the washer.  The washer will be done soon.  Not sure when that will be.

...in a few years we are supposed to have self driving cars. 

...hmm, leave the driving to a computer that depends on wireless communication to the GPS satellite constellation in orbit as well as onboard sensors while on backroads in western New York State.

Think I'll take the night blind guy behind the wheel instead.

kyoto kid said:

...in a few years we are supposed to have self driving cars. 

...hmm, leave the driving to a computer that depends on wireless communication to the GPS satellite constellation in orbit as well as onboard sensors while on backroads in western New York State.

Think I'll take the night blind guy behind the wheel instead.

DareDevil driving will be better than AI driving.   Rather not ride with Agent Smith driving as he might try to kill me.

I need to access something on my one drive but having difficulties connecting to one drive.

What is a good way to capture a mouse but not my feet?  I thought about those clasic spring mouse traps but that will hurt my feet too much, if I step on it.   I thought of getting glue trap but they will stick to everything and still not kill the rodent.

kyoto kid said:

I sitll think I will end up hurting my foot or something important such as my 55 gallon tank instead of the offending rodent.   Still funny though.

hammer time?

doo  doo  cant touch this

Some reply notices from this forum are being marked as possible phising emails by my phone's gmail app.  Huh?

I need to finish clearing off my bed so I can get in it.   I am also wondering why I have a tube of toothpaste on my bed but not sure why it is there.

edited June 2017

Except for a few bloops, the concert was very good.  The acoustics and sound system of the new amphitheater are still being tweaked.  And somebody in the horn section was flat during the first couple of measures of the Piano Concerto. surprise  Unfortunately the piano concerto starts with loud horns and one flat loud horn isn't drowned out by three other in-tune loud horns, it just shatters your teeth and explodes your head. crying.  The new acoustics also have affected the echoes and reverberation in the theater.  Some frequencies are too brilliant and others are as muddy as if they'd been through a blender before coming off the stage.  After intermission and before the next piece began, some famous sound engineer came on stage saying that since this was the first live performance in the amphitheater he need to take some measurements with the house full of people.  He asked us all to be vewy, vewy qwiet as he popped some balloons and recorded the reverberations for several seconds at several spots around the theater so that he could feed the results into a computer to help design corrections for future concerts.  But of course some jackass wasn't paying attention and when the first balloon popped, the dunce let out a teenage whoop. frown  The engineer got back on the microphone and said "and that was an excellent example of the sound we wanted to avoid".  The people around the idiot got on his case and he kept quiet for the rest of the balloon tests.  I swear, some people need a leash and muzzle before you can take them anywhere nice.

By the end of the piano concerto the horn player had gotten in tune, and I'd gotten used to the other sound anomolies, and things went smoothly after that. 

I'd expected the piano concerto to be the high point of the evening but the horn problems and a muddy sounding piano took away from the otherwise excellent performance of the pianist and I spent the first 15 minutes listening for sound anomolies instead of the music.  To my surprise, I found that the best part of the evening was the Tchaikovsky 4th Symphony.  It's not a piece that has been on my "favorites" list but this performance was excellent and I was entranced throughout all of it, especially the grand finale (as with the ending of ALL Tchaikovsky's concertos and symphonies). smiley  What always fascinates me about live symphonies is that music, unlike painting or sculpture, is an art in time instead of space.  In my presence and in that moment of time 50+ people were coordinating their talents moment to moment creating the stream of beauty unfolding before me.

And the nightblind ancient person made it home without running off the road or into a deer or the back end of an Amish buggy. indecision

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060

Glad you got home safe, LeatherGryphon!

Dana

roll over Beetoven ... Tchaikovsky the news

hungreeee   - blaming a render in the carrara render challenge  lol

no cash on me, can't order take out, will haz to go get it where visa debit is accepted
    choices are sammich at starbucks, or Anthony's brickyard oven pizza

4 day weekend

scrubbing bubbles doing their thing  

dunno what to watch?

TGIF!!

Jackie Chan night?

This discussion has been closed.