Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Yeah, I'm really wanting these Dreamland sets now. 

Especially those bottom, smaller ones with the shaders from the bigger set. That looks like any coastal town anywhere in the US, from the Jersey Coastline to the Pacific Northwest to the homes around the Great Lakes. Those are some great neighborhood renders. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

I mean, it isn't just me, is it? Tamara and Amber aren't sisters... they're the same girl a few years apart in age? 

They're alike, but there's an age difference, so the similarity isn't nearly as obvious as Rayn and Skyler - with the clothes and hair I'm certainly not upset about getting both Amber and Tamara :-)

3du girls.png
    1860 x 1056 - 2M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I'd be more upset about getting Rayn and Skyler, those two look more alike IMO.  Thanks for showing those!

And love the renders of the homes Rich. Those bigger houses also remind me of the Southern Bed & Breakfast Victorian businesses. They are also used for non-profits for children's homes (foster) here in the Pensacola area, there's a very pretty one sitting on seven acres which is used for that. 

The stores still aren't discounting an additional 20% (well, Josh's isn't) with two new releases.

And so sad to hear of Dimension 3D's passing. (The vendor who created GenX, GenX2)  Thoughts and prayers to Ralf's family. He was very kind and always willing to answer questions. His talent will also be greatly missed.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

And so sad to hear of Dimension 3D's passing. (The vendor who created GenX, GenX2)  Thoughts and prayers to Ralf's family. He was very kind and always willing to answer questions. His talent will also be greatly missed.

What!!! Oh no that's awful

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Novica said:

What!!! Oh no that's awful

Yes, RIP

edited June 2017

Lieutenant Synergy Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s)     PD Poison for Genesis 3 Female   
    Chace Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s) and Genesis 2 Female(s)    Nox Hair  For Genesis 3 Male(s) and Female(s) 
    Leotard For Genesis 3 Female(s)  No longer available????  (Edit- see posts below. Christmas Freebie. Hope you got it!)  

I just played around with Poison and found the Synergy Outfit jacket (which has the cape attached) is interesting when paired with other items. I just kept it simple with the Leotard, then noticed in Product Library there was no link to a store page. Has it indeed been removed from the store? It wasn't just a plain leotard, it had some variations with a diagonal dual tone, etc.

Anyway, here's Poison. She has a lof of skin materials, these are just two. I went with warm/Autumn colors. the Lieutenant Synergy outfit is a light blue. Note the nice texture of it, very detailed.

Poison SynergyJacket.png
    487 x 852 - 585K
    Poison SynergyJacket2.png
    687 x 852 - 865K
    Poison SynergyJacket3.png
    587 x 852 - 716K
    Post edited by Novica on

In case you hadn't checked, there's a Flash Sale going on right now. Ironman13. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

Maybe the leotard you used was the one given away as a Christmas freebie.

edited June 2017
    barbult said:

Maybe the leotard you used was the one given away as a Christmas freebie.

I thought about that, but unfortunately this last Christmas, I didn't do a Freebie folder like I normally do. Can anyone else check it if you kept it separate?

Post edited by Novica on

My Product Library shows that I got it on December 6, 2016 and paid $0.00. That pretty much confirms it for me.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I can confirm the leotard was free during the Christmas holidays: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/130851/leotard-freebie

Thanks! I was just digging for the thread. Nothing better than getting a useful freebie. And let's definitely mention @Fisty for the freebie.

In case you hadn't noticed, Fast Grab has changed. I really like @PandyGirl outfits. The Monika Dress has morphs that match pose sets, be sure and take a peek at the thumbs which tell you which ones. It's super easy posing and outfit conformation. Click and there you go.

Has anyone tried that new Easy Teeth product? It has morphs for each individual tooth, and hopefully an easy to use interface.

Novica said:

In case you hadn't checked, there's a Flash Sale going on right now. Ironman13. 

Thanks for heads up... I think it's really sad to look at that Flash Sale and think, "Only 60%?"... DAZ has done a real good job of spoiling us over the past year!

But I grabbed a couple items from my wishlist anyway, even if it is "only" 60% off.
    laugh

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited June 2017

Thanks for showing us poison. I purchased her, but I admit I'm rather disappointed with those skins. They look rather plasticy. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited June 2017

Well, the Ironman Flash sale got me to the tune of $20...

​But the Jet bundle has never been at a better price that I've seen, and I love his sets.

​Terrible news about Dimension 3D. GenX2 is one of the most important tools in my DAZ studio library.

​I've been playing on creating custom scene sets quite a bit recently. This is a WIP... it is a primative with Dformers turned into morphs using the Carnite tutorial on YouTube, with shaders, Tofusan's scatter script from ShareCG, and the Yosemite HDR ProSets. The water is Terradome 3. There is some other content in there... but I can't recall it all right now.

​I wish I could figure out how to use Tofusan's script to scatter but maintain axis orientation. The way the grass comes out of the side of the hills doesn't work for me, and because they are instances, I can't just put a D-former on them and make them have a more natural orientation.

BeaverCreek001.jpg
    1860 x 921 - 2M
    Post edited by donovancolbert on

I can't seem to get that reflection on the bottom bar on the gate to settle down. I'm not sure why it is so high gloss and reflective. It is supposed to be dull, matted, and worn like the rest of the surfaces.

Well, at least it's a good combination. I haven't used any of that so I'm not of any help!

We literally just had thunder that rattled the windows but also sounded like ripping of the air. Can't quite explain it, it literally was like shards of sounds and it made me cringe. Something definitely got struck, and I hope it didn't start a forest fire. Fortunately with these storms coming in, we're estimated to get 3-8" of rain for prolonged hours, so that should help douse anything that gets started. Speaking of which, the barn owner learned something new last night, as she had a fire start (not at the barn, out in a burn pile that hadn't been lit in a week, but started on fire "on its own."   Did you know about spontaneous combustion- such as damp hay stacked together causing a fire?   It's interesting, read here.  It might just save you from a nasty surprise when wet things catch on fire, seemingly all on their own! 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I have heard of cloths in cupboards that are wet with a combustible liquid doing that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11859718/Fire-brigade-issues-warning-after-too-hot-laundry-spontaneously-combusts-and-bursts-into-flames.html

'A warning to people who fold and put away their laundry while it is too hot has been issued by the London Fire Brigade, who claim it could burst into flames.

Fire investigators say that washed household items could catch fire if they are put away without being left to cool down first.

The spontaneous combustion can take place when heat rises through a pile of washing and reacts with oil residue on household items such as tea towels.

The London Fire Brigade has warned people to be careful of self-combusting laundry after a fire broke out in the hallway cupboard of a flat in Hackney, east London, when the washing self-ignited.'

edited June 2017

It's 4am here and the thunder has died down (didn't bother trying to sleep) so going to get my zzzz's. But here's EJ Hiedra and Mother Earth For Genesis 3 Female with Monika Dress for Genesis 3 Female(s) from Fast Grab that I mentioned earlier. It has several really nice materials. Also Fantasy Warrior Hair For Genesis 3 Female(s) 

I grabbed quite a few of Emma and Jordi's gals, they were about $6 each. I got Hiedra before the sale. Speaking of which, the pages are acting up and really slow, showing white pages and having to refresh to see anything, generally not behaving. I don't know if it's my computer or not. Anyway, happy shopping, be sure and grab Kool items as they are Daz Originals for many, and go below $5 for the hair. (when you get 5 or more.)  Here's some prices:

These at 78% off:
    Rebecca Hair  4.84
    Bonny Hair 4.40
    Sunny Hair 4.40

The EJ gals are 69% and $5.65 to $5.97 on average.
    Other hair, etc is usually 69%

HiedraFantasyWarriorHair.png
    587 x 852 - 750K
    HiedraFantasyWarriorHair2.png
    587 x 852 - 761K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

​I wish I could figure out how to use Tofusan's script to scatter but maintain axis orientation. The way the grass comes out of the side of the hills doesn't work for me, and because they are instances, I can't just put a D-former on them and make them have a more natural orientation.

@donovancolbert I think you need to uncheck the box "Follow Surface Normal" otherwise it will orient to the slope rather than remain vertical.

@donovancolbert I think you need to uncheck the box "Follow Surface Normal" otherwise it will orient to the slope rather than remain vertical.

I may not have tried that. I'll have to give it a shot. I can't complain, because for a free script, it is very powerful and useful... but the documentation is a bit sparse. The alternative seems to be about $30 for the Scatter Essentials plugin here at DAZ, so I've got a lot of motivation to make Tofusan's script work. :D  

Just a quick note to say I added a GypsyAngel boy to my earlier post, a WIP render of Apollo close-up. If you want to take a look, here's the link.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

All of her boys are so gorgeous!  New and old.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I just realized it's gone almost a week of June already! Are we doing top lists of products used last month again? Or was the participation too low to continue?

edited June 2017

EJ Adora for Genesis 3 Females      Nomad for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Female(s)      Reyna Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)     Dance of the Butterfly Poses and Props

With Emma and Jordi being a featured store, thought I'd show you a few. These are all default loads, I would add a bit of moisture/sheen/reflectivity to the skin for my personal taste. Adora has a nice, elegant neck, and seems to be a gentle soul. Not saying she couldn't be a kick-hiney type, but serene suits her nicely.  I think Reyna Hair is very regal, and there are one click options for styling and to remove the thorns/spikes from her head. Easy to use!

Anyone with EJ gals or hair, feel free to hop in. The "Render The Vendor" is Emma and Jordi.

I am going to use the exact same lights on all mine so I can compare what they look like- apples to apples. 

NEXT UP: AGATA.

Adora.png
    482 x 700 - 621K
    Post edited by Novica on
    isidorn said:

I just realized it's gone almost a week of June already! Are we doing top lists of products used last month again? Or was the participation too low to continue?

No, I just got diverted in to working on video game projects. Let's do it! 

edited June 2017

May 2017  Top 3 - 5  Picks  (Summary Post)

I will add a link to your current month post here, so all the posts are in one place and easy to surf. Then in the first post of the thread, I'll be linking the summary posts. You'll be able to quickly surf the months. The list of all the picks since January is here.

Sorry for the slow start! Take a look back at what you rendered (not necessarily bought) in May and post your top  3-5 here. You can visit the first post of the thread to see how it's done. Remember too- only ONE product per render can be showcased. 

I'm going to give a week as usual to get these posted, so let's go through the 13th. 

Novica
    Ice Dragon Art
    RGcincy
    Isidorn

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

EJ Adora for Genesis 3 Females      Nomad for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Female(s)      Reyna Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)     Dance of the Butterfly Poses and Props

With Emma and Jordi being a featured store, thought I'd show you a few. These are all default loads, I would add a bit of moisture/sheen/reflectivity to the skin for my personal taste. Adora has a nice, elegant neck, and seems to be a gentle soul. Not saying she couldn't be a kick-hiney type, but serene suits her nicely.  I think Reyna Hair is very regal, and there are one click options for styling and to remove the thorns/spikes from her head. Easy to use!

Anyone with EJ gals or hair, feel free to hop in. The "Render The Vendor" is Emma and Jordi.

I am going to use the exact same lights on all mine so I can compare what they look like- apples to apples. 

NEXT UP: AGATA.

She's lovely!

This discussion has been closed.