Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited May 2017

I forgot about these- they're in 3Delight. I'd only been using DAZ for a couple of months when I made them. I really didn't know what the heck I was doing. Here's Ragnar for Gianni 7 as "JJ" in my Calpernica series. Eventually these characters will be on my book covers as I slowly get them done.

"Make It Stop"

And here's Roxanne for V7 as "Jenny" in the same series: Firestation Fun

Post edited by Llynara on
  • FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Thank you Llynara :) 

It's the Firebride Dress made by Arki and textured by Shox-Design. I love Arki's stuff, so many possibilities and Shox always makes top notch textures. 

*Snickers* I know how you feel about images from back then.That's how I feel when looking at older images of mine too, which is why I didn't post the other images I have made with Gypsy's characters. 

Btw I like your images. Makes you wonder what was happening that led up to the images themselves.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2017
    NalaKylanHairAdventureGirl.png
    800 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017
    NalaAjaxHairAustrani.png
    800 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

Loving the images so far. That firehouse scene made me smile. Go get 'em gal! And agree, that outfit is awesome. Good to know what it is.

So far we have Nala, Elijah, Brahm, Maret, Ragnar for Gianni 7, and Roxanne for V7. Edit: And Ronan and Sawyer.

Off to a good start! I'm looking at them to do another one in the next hour.

Post edited by Novica on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited May 2017

I did a test with Ronan a while ago (I think it was lighting) this was the best of three I did.

Click on image for full size.

ronan-001.jpg
    1440 x 960 - 468K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited May 2017

I'm looking at Sawyer for Genesis 3 Male(s) next, Knittingmommy did this one back on March 14.

Okay, here he is, and with Declan Hair for Genesis 3 Males. Fun hair, you can't even tell the other side is shaved!

Sawyer.png
    800 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262
    edited May 2017

I hope this isn't too many but I begin with an ancient render of Gypsyangel's Atlas for G2M which apeared in DSCreative magazine:

I follow with a render of Ronan and a render of Brahm and Mace:

demigod1.jpg
    1638 x 1244 - 447K
    ronan.jpeg
    1619 x 1209 - 485K
    theboys.jpeg
    1485 x 1255 - 484K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

Oh definitely not too many! I'm in the middle of doing a Mace (LOL, coincidence. He's a great dude!) and I love these- thanks for sharing! 

Reminder to everyone- keep scrolling back to see what I've added- Sawyer is a few posts above this one. 

Mace was done previously in the thread, located here and Knittingmommy did him here.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Loving these renders! Keep them coming! Does anyone have Eilish? That's one I meant to pick up but had to wishlist. She's got the incredible blue skin.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Thanks for the suggestion on "Bridge of Cheirocrates": Still working on doing something with that. I also purchased Cheirocrates. And, this is one of many images I've been working on

since buying both. So, thanks again. Great props. 
    Joseph Kravis

edited May 2017

Mace for Genesis 3 Male(s)

This is the Ghost Lights and Pro-Studio HDR lighting. Yummy! That's Eternal Desert Warrior for Genesis 3 Male(s)  (minus the shirt) and Ryo Hair for Genesis 2 & 3 Male(s)  - this renders VERY quickly, in case you're looking for hair that zips along at a good pace.

Mace.png
    622 x 700 - 650K
    Mace2.png
    622 x 700 - 485K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017
    Llynara said:

Loving these renders! Keep them coming! Does anyone have Eilish? That's one I meant to pick up but had to wishlist. She's got the incredible blue skin.

Yep, coming right up. I have her. Here's a previous one I did. I'll do another.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

Eilish for Genesis 3 Female      Wild Spirit for Genesis 3 Female(s)     Eliot Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) & Female(s) 

A few things to note- I turned down the bump on the Top Coat a tad, and increased reflectivity and glossiness a few places. Therefore, she has more sheen than the default. In postwork, I increased Saturation a few notches, not much, but she is showing with a stronger blue.  Her teeth were scaled up and widened, there were slight gaps. 

The hair is a custom color, I didn't care for any colors that I found, so I darkened it and added my own blue (it's a pink originally.)  The outfit is completely shadered with DG Iray Sequins and Scales and tiled to 7 for the top and bottoms.

Okay, that's it for me, I won't be on much tomorrow, but would love to see what you folks come up with whenever you get time. 

EilishElf2MyTeeth.png
    622 x 700 - 584K
    EilishElf2MyTeeth2.png
    622 x 700 - 520K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I was still playing catch up with this thread after taking most of the last month off to write.  Lots of great pictures.  I was going to post my Sawyer image but then Novica already linked it so here is a render using a GypsyAngel fellow that I did last year.  I like how it turned out considering it was my first render with Terradome 3.  The handsome fellow is Merrick.

This handsome fellow is Ragnar without the scar on his face.  I think he's cute.  Such an excellent morph GypsyAngel made there.  :)

I know I've rendered a few of the girls, too, but I'll be darned if I can find them.  They are probably on the old hard drive when I had the big computer crash last year.  I still haven't transferred all of my scene files and renders from that yet.  I have all but 15 GypsyAngel's products.  I really like her characters.  I haven't managed to pick up Brahm and Ronan, yet, but they are definitely going to find a home in my library as soon as possible.  Eventually, I'll get everyone.  I really like how Elish and Roxanne look, too.

I'll have to see what I can do about rendering some of the girls in my library this week.

Oh, I thought I'd tell what I'm using for my desktop backgrounds.  On my main setup in Linux, I'm using one of my latest renders.  I just like how it turned out.  You can see it in my gallery here.  And, on the little drive when I'm in Windows because I still haven't managed to get everything working in Linux quite yet, I have this one set as my desktop background.  It was a 3Delight experiment and I like how it turned out, too.  I don't get a whole lot of good renders out of 3Delight, yet, and I love it when I get a great one.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I will have one of Eilish tomorrow as well.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I just noticed that ShareCG now offers items for sale. Interesting.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I just noticed that ShareCG now offers items for sale. Interesting.

I think they started doing that a week or two ago.  Possibly a little longer.  I just started hearing about it a week or so ago, anyway.  I haven't really looked at the site since I heard that so I don't know what is for sale or who is selling.

edited May 2017

Oh, I thought I'd tell what I'm using for my desktop backgrounds.  On my main setup in Linux, I'm using one of my latest renders.  I just like how it turned out.  You can see it in my gallery here.  And, on the little drive when I'm in Windows because I still haven't managed to get everything working in Linux quite yet, I have this one set as my desktop background.  It was a 3Delight experiment and I like how it turned out, too.  I don't get a whole lot of good renders out of 3Delight, yet, and I love it when I get a great one.

I really like both of those. The dark render for the background in Desktop would show up the icons really well, and it's an interesting scene.   The other one leaves a lot of room for icons all around her, and I love the reflection in the chrome.

The camera angle with Merrick looks great! Neat approach. And I am always a fan of Ragnar  :) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

Mynx for Victoria 7       Exo Suit For Genesis 3 Female(s)     Heath Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) & Female(s)   

Chace Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s) and Genesis 2 Female(s)        Dandelion Clothes for Genesis 3 Female(s)     Dove Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)

Continuing with GypsyAngel.

Mynx can have many different looks. From space gal to Dandelion imp, she's got it covered. FYI, Dove Hair is 66% off right now, and it's a DO if you haven't used your monthly code. It would only be 98 cents! It's got nice morphs. 

Heath Hair needs work at the temples, the skull cap shows too much. Lowering the hairline just makes it worse. I did NOT do any postwork so you could take a look at it. I like it as a short hairstyle, and I did elongate the sides a bit, it goes shorter by default and looks good. Using Slosh's UHT hair shaders.

I think the wounds look good, and I like the bruising on her cheek. Also, the dirt looks good.

She has a lot of different makeups, many with white/gray faces and black warrior-type markings. I went with dainty. I love the depth/glitter of the decal- doesn't look painted on at all.

mynx.png
    622 x 700 - 638K
    mynx2.png
    622 x 700 - 601K
    mynx3.png
    622 x 700 - 600K
    mynx4.png
    622 x 700 - 680K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I've just caught up with 100+ posts in this thread and see that GypsyAngel characters are requested. I only have 4 of those and only know of one render I've done with any of them. Following Novica's post above, here's another with MynX, with some additional bruises courtesy of Wound Makeup Artist.

You should see the other guy (posted to gallery Sept 1 2016)

edited May 2017

Oh my gosh, she looks awful! (Render well done, but "in pain" awful.) Yeah, I'd hate to see the other guy! I've never used Wound Makeup Artist, it looks very realistic. Thanks for showing it! The bundle is 50% off, I'm going to get it. I didn't realize it did more than just red gashes, the mouth effects are very good. This is all your fault @isidorn!

Post edited by Novica on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I'm glad I could be of help. cheeky I think that render is the only time I've used the Wound Makup Artist, but yes, you can "beat up" your characters pretty good with it.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited May 2017

Here's another of Eilish.  I love her white make up...

Eilish.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262
    edited May 2017

another Brahm:

Stro_Brahm.jpeg
    1505 x 1255 - 447K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455
    edited May 2017

Nala in Pretty in Punk for Gothic Punk, with Just Earrings Cutey SkullsSexy Skinz Lace Body Suit, and Sexy Skinz Stockings with Painter's Lights. Edited to correct files, as Nala's mouthshape was wrong due to an expression pose. Nala by GypsyAngel... Fullbody, then headshot. Then a comparison here: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/369056/​ left - Nala loaded by herself, middle - Nala applied 100% to G2F, and right - Nala applied 100% to V7 and V7 dialed back to 40%. I was playing about with this as I'm still not clear on what difference it makes how you load a character and how to tell which method the PA intends.  Click for a larger version.

Post edited by firewarden on

Ooooh I love all these!!!! Thanks for showing us! I really like the details in Nala's skin, there's variation. Brahm has it, too. Eilish is just surreal, in a great way.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited May 2017

What room or component did I fail to purchase for the Dream Home? It is right there between the main house and the mudroom?

​There should really be a single category for this particular product *and* all of its accessories. The reason I put off buying it until now, aside from the steep price for the whole thing, was not being certain what parts I needed to buy to have the whole thing... because I was afraid of something like this.

greathouse.jpg
    1488 x 921 - 789K
    Post edited by donovancolbert on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,156

Do you have the Foyer? How about the Pantry?

The map is here.  

This discussion has been closed.