Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited February 2017

I guess I should put a warning at the beginning of these threads..."This is a Grow-Your-Wishlist-Or-Spend-It-Now thread."

I hadn't rendered that bike so here it is! (Heavy Motorcycle Road Cruiser)  It renders quickly, would be great to fill in city scenes, etc. A 900px render...two minutes eight seconds. It's by Polish so of course the details are exquisite! 

HeavyMotorcycleRoadCruiser.png
    931 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2017

Double post.  HATE the forums setup. SO many people double post! Particularly when it changes pages.

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,804
    Novica said:

I guess I should put a warning at the beginning of these threads..."This is a Grow-Your-Wishlist-Or-Spend-It-Now thread."

I hadn't rendered that bike so here it is! (Heavy Motorcycle Road Cruiser)  It renders quickly, would be great to fill in city scenes, etc.

I got the poses too. And here's the bike in River Front (the bike on the right).

edited February 2017

Ekko for Elijah 7     Heath Hair  (Gen3M/F)      Jeans and Button Up Outfit (Gen3M)     Biker Bandit Poses for Lee 7    Heavy Motorcycle Road Cruiser

I kept getting an error- to use the poses, parent the dude to the bike first. Then with him selected, pose. 

I like Ekko overall, I do not care for the elongated corners of the mouth. Reminds me of The Joker. I changed the translucency color, waaaaay too pink. Looked like he had a subdued cherry color for the lips. For the Biker Bandit poses- if you have a tall male, you might really have to tweak the poses. 

EkkoMotorcycle.png
    799 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

LOL Rich- if that's a bad guy on the H.M.R.Cruiser, that poor cop doesn't stand a chance on his rinky-dink bike!

RGcincy said:

A couple of renders of 1stBastions Mid Forest Vale.This new set reminds me a lot of 1stBastion's Wilderness: Two Creeks which I also have and use a lot. One big difference between the sets is the greater amount of foliage in Mid Forest Vale.

The set comes with 3DL and Iray materials. Below is a 3DL render using the lights and Camera 1 that come with the set. 

I have a lot of exploration left to do, but my first impression is that it's another good product from one of my favorite PA's.

My first thought was it slightly resembled  Andrey's foliage. Those two vendors would go well together I think. I like it overall, but I think I'd put a bit of bump in the road to give it some added ooomph. Or perhaps add some stones, to make it more like a path in a forest vale. But it could be the lighting direction (I don't see any stones though.)  I really like the lighting variety you showed us, and except for (perhaps)the somewhat flat path, it's a lovely set. He always does a very nice job with the foliage and rocks.

Okay, go back a few posts, I put Ekko in where all the links are.

Somehow I missed the Goblin- very nice work on that! Love the lighting, makes him choked full of personality. 

edited February 2017

January Top 3 Picks

Okay, here's what we're doing. There were 8 participants. Normally, for contests or events with Gift Cards,  I PM each person and assign a number. To make it a tad easier on me, I've given a PA the numbers and they will post the winners as soon as SereneNight draws the numbers (as usual, like in my Because I Said So! contests.)  So two of us have both the numbers and the person, and SereneNight only has the numbers.  Once she posts the numbers, the PA will announce the winners (and I'll double check.)  Quite fun!

Oh, and I've given instructions to pull THREE numbers for $5 Gift Cards for this first month, to thank you for participating and getting this kicked off. (For February, it goes back to one Gift Card.)  Appreciate you- and yes, we're doing it again for February!   yes

Post edited by Novica on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    Novica said:

January Top 3 Picks

Okay, here's what we're doing. There were 8 participants. Normally, for contests or events with Gift Cards,  I PM each person and assign a number. To make it a tad easier on me, I've given a PA the numbers and they will post the winners as soon as SereneNight draws the numbers (as usual, like in my Because I Said So! contests.)  So two of us have both the numbers and the person, and SereneNight only has the numbers.  Once she posts the numbers, the PA will announce the winners (and I'll double check.)  Quite fun!

Oh, and I've given instructions to pull THREE numbers for $5 Gift Cards for this first month, to thank you for participating and getting this kicked off. (For February, it goes back to one Gift Card.)  Appreciate you- and yes, we're doing it again for February!   yes

Awesome! Sounds good! :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    Novica said:

January Top 3 Picks

You don't need to make it so hard. We trust you to do a fair selection on your own.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    Novica said:

Diva, put the Pro Bundle in your cart. Check the price-everyone is getting different ones right now-  then put the temple in, you get an additional discount (30%) when you get the Pro Bundle. Edit- I just saw your post over in the sales thread- you're getting a different price than what I'm seeing, I don't know what they're doing. As someone said, maybe an orange banner will explain it around 9am (4 hours from now, when they normally occur.) 

Yeah, sadly I'm only getting 20% discount. So I'm going to have to pass until he's a bit less expensive. He's GORGEOUS so it makes me sad to not be able to get him, but that will just make me all the more happy when I finally am able to get him. :)

I will, of course, PM the winners with their gift card codes. So don't worry about missing it, if you're a winner. The PA and SereneNight are both in different time zones and I just sent emails asking them to assist, so give them a chance to get the information. 

Thanks barbult- I know that, appreciate it. It's just also more fun to let others participate, particularly when giving other folks good news. 

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    Novica said:

When I put a Mars item in the cart to test that (when you posted it, thanks so much for mentioning it in the other thread!) then the Elijah Pro Bundle, three things from Fisty/Darc's store in the Build Your Own Flash sale- the Monika bundle won't go down past 9.79. That's why I didn't mention the Mars item. Anyone find it works to get the Monika bundle price down to $4.19?  If so, what did you put in the cart?

Huh, it was working earlier-they must have shut that one down.

Yeah, I tested it when you first posted it earlier in the other thread, and it was already gone. It wasn't because you mentioned it, the prices were going screwy on a lot of things. Elijah kept jumping around all over the place and a few of the hair products were changing every 3-8 minutes. You never know, it may have come and gone, and come back and left again. It was a gamble to check out! I'm happy you got a great deal, I just featured Monika yesterday/day before and she is unique with the puffy under the eyes/wrinkles. Aged a bit, but not overdone.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited February 2017
    Novica said:

When I put a Mars item in the cart to test that (when you posted it, thanks so much for mentioning it in the other thread!) then the Elijah Pro Bundle, three things from Fisty/Darc's store in the Build Your Own Flash sale- the Monika bundle won't go down past 9.79. That's why I didn't mention the Mars item. Anyone find it works to get the Monika bundle price down to $4.19?  If so, what did you put in the cart?

It worked for me, I added http://www.daz3d.com/fw-hillary-hd-for-genesis-3-female and got both the Liam and Livia bundles for $4.19.  That build your own flash sale cost me a bunch with the stacking, I spent tons on the FB 80%+ stacking then more with the Elijah pro and FWSA stacking to 85%.

Post edited by greymouser69 on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited February 2017

Okay! Winning numbers are: 31 14 and 86

sorry I had a dyslexic moment there

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Aaand... 

31 (13)- RGcincy

14- Llynara

86- Isidorn

Congrats!

edited February 2017

I have to be a few places before 4pm- 4:30, so when I get back I'll get the gift cards and will PM the winners with the codes. Thanks SereneNight and DarwinsMishap for the assistance!

BTW, I made a few changes in the guidelines. Instead of not being able to win twice in a row, it's not winning "MORE THAN" twice in a row. Second change, I liked the way we posted our entries the first week of the next month, instead of the end of the month (which gives you the full month to render) so I changed it to that. 

Third, I changed it to posting the link to the product page, then we'll put either Render 1 (and Render 2 if you have another one, only one is needed) with links to your render. Or you can use the word Example.    So it like:    The Cutest Cat (link to product page)       Render 1      Render 2 or you can put Example 1.

TTY in a few. Congrats RCcincy   Llynara  and Isidorn,  and thank you to everyone for participating. Render a bunch for February so you have a touch choice to make! (I'm already going "Oh dear..." as I've been busy.

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I totally forgot their were gift cards involved lol.  Congrats guys!

I'm back. Stopped in at Fast Grab and LY Heather HD has several brow options, and a NO brow, in case you want to do your own thing. Now off to get the gift cards. But note that Fast Grab has been changing very, very quickly this past week so try to remember to check it daily.  I know when it goes for a week to 10 days without changing, I get out of the habit of looking there. LY's Meagan is also there.

While I think asymmetrical eyebrows are okay, I'm not personally liking eyebrows with sections almost missing. Heather strikes me that way. But since you can remove the brow, with other brow products that wouldn't be a problem. 

edited February 2017

Oh for pete's sake. The gift cards are screwed up. Sorry, will have to contact support, as I have doubles of all gift cards showing up in my email, and there's no way to tell without cashing them in if every other one is bogus, or if the bogus are all at the end. STUPID WEBSITE! Edit: just contacted them.

DON'T CHECK OUT RIGHT NOW!

errorGiftCards.jpg
    500 x 272 - 641K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018

That double gift card mess has been happening for a long time. I have to buy gift cards for RRRR sposorship soon, so I'll probably see the same issue.

Jamie was fast. I just checked my email and they were sent five minutes ago. Will send the codes via PM shortly.

Yeah, it happened during the Because I Said So! contests, then smoothed out by the last one, but then I had trouble when I bought some for me. It's on and off again. 

BTW, did you folks notice the PC+ dress Boho is made by Aave? That means great morphs and high quality.

edited June 2017

Because we can't list a product more than once as a favorite, I'm doing this to assist you (and me, lol.) On the first page, first post, I have the Summary post for the month, which lists all of us, and a link to our post with the products we chose. I will add a link to this post and keep a running list for you of what you've chosen. I'll add this to the first page too. So remember, you can only use a product ONE TIME as a favorite. I'll alphabetize it for each of you so you can quickly scan and see if your product you want to mention is already there.

THIS LIST NOW INCLUDES YOUR PICKS FROM May. (the *May is to help tell me I've got your most up to date choices)

Barbult:
    200 Plus Head and Face Morphs for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Darius 7
    Elijah 7
    FWSA Halina for Kalea 7
    Harpsburg for Daz Studio
    Toon Generations Toon Mega Bundle (Gen3M/F) 

Deathbycanon: 
    Diesel
    Dominator Planet
    Staff Pack

Divamakeup:
    Gwennili HD (V7) 
    Minnie Bow Hair
    SF Ball Joint Doll (Gen3F) 
    Star 2.0
    Urban Sprawl 2 The Big City

DonovanColbert:  
    Aiko 3 Pro Bundle
    Big Bill Truck
    Melody for A3
    Rundown Bedroom
    Ultragenesis Faces of G

Dreamfarmer  
    DA Blue Bell Woods
    LIE Makeup Presets (Gen3M)
    Realistic Grass Evolution

Ice Dragon Art: (*May)
    Ahmad For Genesis 3 Male
    Alien Metals-Iray Shaders
    Aran (Gen3F)
    BOSS Pro Light Set for Portraits and Promos
    Damon (Gen3M) 
    Death Stalker
    Forest Daphni (V4)
    FSL Elements of Magic
    Iray Ghost Light Kit
    Iray HDR Space
    iReal Animated Butterflies and Wisps
    Jepes Body Jewels 3 (Gen2F)
    Legends Altar  (Note the link is legends-alter. Daz screwed it up) 
    Minotaur 6
    Muelsfell Atlantis Armour
    Robbus Goblin
    Sickleyield's Dress Rig
    Skin Builder 3 For Genesis 3 Females
    Sorceress (Gen3F) 
    The Pharoahs of the Sun Dress Children of Aten 2 Texture
    V4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Water Dragon

Isidorn: (*May)
    Arkangel
    Careless Braid (Gen3F) 
    Droid
    Easy Environments: Snowy Mountains
    EJ Narumi (Gen3F)
    Fast Fog Iray
    IDG Iray FX Props and Shaders
    Impossible Objects
    Kawaii Dreams Outfit (Gen3F) 
    Kimo 7
    Kobold Woodlands Spirit
    Mullet Hair 80's Style
    Solitaire by Meipe
    SY Confetti and Nature Effects
    Tube Socks (Gen3F) 
    Z Creepy Manner-Morph Dial Expressions for Clarice 
    Zombie Walker

Jakiblue:  (*April)
    Beddy Bear
    Ceridwen and Fantasy Skins (Gen3F) 
    GDN Kelly (Gen3F) 
    Go Go Outfit (Gen3F) 
    Modern Bathroom
    Mst Mai (Gen3F) 
    Myrtle for Star 2.0
    Sand Serpent Outfit (Gen3F)
    Slide3D Goth Boots
    Star 2.0
    Super Sleeky Hair
    Tail Gunner V3
    Toon Generations 2 Essentials for Genesis 3
    Vagabond (G3F) 

Knittingmommy  (*April)
    FirstBastions Highland Lakeside Cabin and Dock
    Iray Clouds
    iReal Animated Butterflies and Wisps
    Mariposa for Genesis 3 Female and Genevieve 7
    Sketchy- Toon Edge and Art Style Shaders for Iray
    Tonal Rage- Tone Mapping Kit for Iray
    War Bird Outfit and Poses

Llynara:  (*April)
    Body of Light
    BOSS Pro Light Set for Portraits and Promos
    Centaur 7 (G3M) 
    DA Real World Lighting
    Digivault's Stardomes
    Elijah 7
    Evan (G3M) 
    First Light Skydome and HDRI
    FW Noah HD (Dante 7) 
    FWSA Taia HD for Victoria 7
    Iain (M7)
    Legends (Gen3M) 
    M3 High Fantasy Character and Clothing Bundle
    Mariposa for Genesis 3 Female and Genevieve 7
    Skadi for V4
    The Shader Plan - Iray Satined Textiles
    Toon Generations 2 Megabundle (Gen3)
    V3 High Fantasy Character and Clothing Bundle
    Vega for V3
    Wear Them All Autofit Clones Expansion (G3M/F)

Luci45:
    Fantasy Creature Creator HD Morph Pack (Gen3F)
    Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Michael 4
    Low Poly Lightning Bugs
    Wild Borders

MelanieL:  (*April)
    Brett (Dante 7)
    Country Ford
    Dale (G3M) 

Novica: (*MAY)
    Ancient Temple Courtyard
    Bella Donna Poses Chaise, & Shaders
    Clown Wigs (Gen3M/F)
    Costume Jewelry Shaders for Iray
    Desert Villa
    Dmitri
    Esprit d'Autrefois
    FW Carson HD for Michael 7 and LI Carson Whiskers
    FWSA Grace HD (V7)
    Gentle Paladin
    Greek Houses
    Hat and Hair Helper for Genesis 3
    Hidden Burial Ground
    Hinata Dress (and Textures) 
    Honey Bolt
    Iray Ghost Light Kit 2
    Iray Glassworx
    Isidora Dress
    Mace for Genesis 3 Male
    Makoa for Kimo 7
    Rundown School Classroom
    SC Alice for Genesis 3 Female
    Sexy Skinz Lace Bodysuits (Gen3F)  
    Wasteground Vignette
    YK Faith (Gen3F / Josie 7) 

RGcincy:  (*May)
    Ancient Ruins
    Animation Four Wheeler Template
    Coast Guard Cutter
    Collective3D Baseball Field
    Factory Warehouse
    FirstBastion's Mid Forest Vale
    Iray Ghost Light Kit
    Iray Ghost Light Kit 2
    Job Site Scaffolding
    Medina Cityscape Generator
    Nimos Coach
    Nimos Transit Bus
    Nyarai for Genesis 3 Female
    On The Shore
    Peaceful House
    Sawmill
    SC Alice for Genesis 3 Female
    Shaded Sanctuary
    Step Van Bundle
    The Briefing Room
    Tithe Barn

Post edited by Novica on

@IceDragonArt   is there a Forrest Daphne? Or is that Forest? I did a store and google search and it kept correcting to forest, and I can not find a forrest one with two r's.

Novica said:

TTY in a few. Congrats RCcincy   Llynara  and Isidorn,  and thank you to everyone for participating. Render a bunch for February so you have a touch choice to make! (I'm already going "Oh dear..." as I've been busy.

And thank you for your generosity! 

Novica said:

LOL Rich- if that's a bad guy on the H.M.R.Cruiser, that poor cop doesn't stand a chance on his rinky-dink bike!

Actually, it's a bad gal on the Cruiser. laugh

edited February 2017

One more view of 1stBastions Mid Forest Vale. This is from Camera 3 and is an Iray render with one ghost light.

I believe this set was created using Ultrascatter. The large trees have proxies in the viewport, so you can't tell where the vegetation is until you render. I had to move the horse and rider several times to get them clear of leaves. Anyone know if there is a way to turn vegetation on before rendering? 

Mid Forest Vale cam 3 Iray ghost.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited February 2017
    RGcincy said:
    Novica said:

Actually, it's a bad gal on the Cruiser. laugh

By golly it is!  And I had to laugh- zoomed in on the dude in the car with the hoodie. Is he the one the cop is looking for?

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.