Wear Them All

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

They are worth the full price, but they do go on sale from time to time. I use them every day. Best investment of any tool at DAZ in my opinion. Makes so much stuff useful between generations.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016
    Llynara said:

They are worth the full price, but they do go on sale from time to time. I use them every day. Best investment of any tool at DAZ in my opinion. Makes so much stuff useful between generations.

Ditto! "Wear them all" as well as "Control-fit" for G3M/F I use in every render.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I might buy this 'control-fit' because I have problems with even simple fits like the Genesis 2 Peony Kimono won't proberly fit of Genesis 3 Female Aiko 7's breasts. Why? Because I shrunk them by 100%? Makes no sense.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

did you try 'smoothing'? sometimes that can fix a lot of poke thru.  

I might buy this 'control-fit' because I have problems with even simple fits like the Genesis 2 Peony Kimono won't proberly fit of Genesis 3 Female Aiko 7's breasts. Why? Because I shrunk them by 100%? Makes no sense.

That's why I love control-fit. Whenever I use too much smoothing, the clothes take forever to load. But since Control-fit adds A LOT of morphs to the clothing, you can get some incredible results. Of course, you still need to use the sliders, but it's worth it, I think. Especially useful to avoid the shirt sticking to the breasts of a female figure like if it was made of latex :/

jakiblue said:

did you try 'smoothing'? sometimes that can fix a lot of poke thru.  

Yes, but I'd increase it and increase it and it'd never quite get there with poke through. I find FBM Expand All is what consistantly works the best.

That's why I love control-fit. Whenever I use too much smoothing, the clothes take forever to load. But since Control-fit adds A LOT of morphs to the clothing, you can get some incredible results. Of course, you still need to use the sliders, but it's worth it, I think. Especially useful to avoid the shirt sticking to the breasts of a female figure like if it was made of latex :/

I looked for it, is it the same thing as Fit Control from Zev0?

Apologies for changing the name of the product! Yes, that's the one. https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-3-male-s & https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-3-female-s

Apologies for changing the name of the product! Yes, that's the one. https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-3-male-s & https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-3-female-s

OK, thanks. I need to buy that then.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

I am thinking of getting freak's fairytale giant to use. I already have wear them all so will that work?  I assume the fairytale giant is an outfit for freak 3.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476
    edited May 2017

I brought back a very old V3 Space Babe outfit via the Wear Them All expansion and it seemed to fit great! The IRay conversion went very smooth using just the Uberbase as well.

VictoriasRoomP1.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by Greybro on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

I am thinking of getting freak's fairytale giant to use. I already have wear them all so will that work?  I assume the fairytale giant is an outfit for freak 3.

That should work since Wear Them All Expansion (https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofit-clones-expansion-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-3-female-s) includes a Freak 3 clone. I used the Fairytale Giant in this pic, although I fitted to G2M using a clone I created myself (using Gen X2 to transfer the shape).

Gaint.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 2M

Ooh, great renders! 

I have Fit Control for Genesis and Genesis 2 and haven't used them. Must've picked them up in a sale and forgotten. surprise

Will definitely wishlist the Genesis 3 version. So far, Wear Them All and a little smoothing seem to do fine on most outfits. 

edited May 2017

@nonesuch00 I have not forgotten about you, though I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to rendering the Flamenco stuff. Here's the first round. I'm finding there's some bunching in the crotch of the Matador pants as well as some in the breasts and crotch of the Flamenco top and skirt: 

I tried doing some smoothing, and some combo of what I was doing crashed my computer several times, so I had to start over. Here they are in the Passions texture, and it renders beautifully in Iray. It also hides all that bunching very well. Unfortunately, Skirt 1 distorts badly with any leg movement. There are quite a few other skirts in this set, so I'll try them too.

I do not have any smoothing on here, so there are a few poke throughs on the Matador too. Surprisingly his footwear fit very well. Hers, with heels, didn't because her feet probably need to be in a high heel position first. I'll try that in the next round and some different textures as well (I have them all.) This is Ophelia 7 and FW Malachi dancing the night away. First pose is from Zeddicuss's Rhythm of Passion (Rendo), second set is Beloved Poses (DAZ.)

Matador pants issue.JPG
    802 x 843 - 60K
    Flamenco fit.JPG
    826 x 809 - 81K
    Flamenco distortion.png
    1500 x 1433 - 2M
    Flamenco distortion2.png
    1500 x 1433 - 2M
    Post edited by Llynara on
    Llynara said:

@nonesuch00 I have not forgotten about you, though I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to rendering the Flamenco stuff. Here's the first round. I'm finding there's some bunching in the crotch of the Matador pants as well as some in the breasts and crotch of the Flamenco top and skirt: 

I tried doing some smoothing, and some combo of what I was doing crashed my computer several times, so I had to start over. Here they are in the Passions texture, and it renders beautifully in Iray. Unfortunately, Skirt 1 distorts badly with any leg movement. There are quite a few other skirts in this set, so I'll try them too.

I do not have any smoothing on here, so there are a few poke throughs on the Matador too. Surprinsly his footwear fit very well. Hers, with heels, didn't because her feet probably need to be in a high heel position first. I'll try that in the next round and some different textures as well (I have them all.) This is Ophelia 7 and FW Malachi dancing the night away.

@Llynara thanks very much! I know I will be buying all the Generation 3 Spanish & East Asian clothing now. It looks great! I do need to buy the Wear Them All Extension for Generation 3 too I found out put with the ability to use the clothing it's worth another $20.

You are very welcome. I LOVE this set! And there are a couple of Bridal Design add-ons for the dress too. It truly is beautiful. I would like to figure out how to fix the distortion, because it's such a perfect outfit for dramatic poses. I'll try some of the other pieces and textures and post soon.

edited May 2017

A few more for you. Skirt #2 also distorts a bit. I would love to figure out how to fix this, since these skirts come with tons of poses and morphs for V3. I might be able to port them over through Cross Dresser, or just parent the skirt rather than fit it. I'll have to play some more. 

Here's the Spanish Heart textures: 

And here's the Amores Gitanos textures with skirt 1 on Vega for V3. Digiport's Flamenco and Skirts Poses comes with poses for V3 as well as the different skirts too. There's some distortion in the textures, but I don't have any smoothing or Sub D on here. What's surprising is how good the Spanish Rose Chalet de Sevilla looks in Iray. This set must be ancient. The floor might need some tweaking but the rest is in pretty good shape. There's another texture for it that I'll pick up soon and render, based on these results. 

Flamenco2.png
    1500 x 1433 - 4M
    Flamenco3.png
    1500 x 1433 - 4M

@Llynara, I wonder if using SY Ultra Templates would help with the distortion. Because that's a very pretty set!

edited May 2017

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I actually have that product. I can try that next. Seems to be only the skirt that distorts. Everything else looks great with Wear Them All. 

edited May 2017

Ok, here's the Ole! texture for the clothing and the Los Azahares texture for Castel de Sevilla set. There are a bunch of accessories that come with the dress that I still need to render. A fan, a rose for her hair, and a lace mantilla. I'll do those soon.

I didn't put any hair on Malachi, so I'm wondering if this is coming from the hat. I'm not wild about the lighting, composition or camera angles here. Just wanted to show some of the clothing and scene textures. 

I used the SY Ultra Big Dress template fit to Skirt 1 only. It still distorts in the front, but doesn't seem to be as bad. It doesn't follow as well as Wear Them All. I dug into the bones of the skirt and found a bunch of bend morphs. Not sure if they were added with the SY templates or there all along.

So I adjusted a few things to get the fit better here. Some tweaks to bump maps and a higher res floor texture would make Los Azahares look better. This is just the default conversion. I'm not wild about the blue polkadots on the dress (could definitely be reshaded!) but I LOVE all the textures for the Matador. The detail on those is incredible. I've done nothing to them- these are just the default conversions. He looks great, and not any fitting issues, just a tiny bit of poke through that can be fixed with smoothing.

When I changed Ophelia's pose, the skirt was a mess, so I ended up applying smoothing instead. It didn't cover everything in the extreme pose, so I still had to use those bend morphs: 

For the final version below, I applied Sub D and smoothing to her shirt and skirt, his jacket and pants, and the floor. The textures look better, but scary things happen when you try to Sub-D the walls. They crinkle really strangely like paper.

Despite a lot of tweaking, that skirt just goes nuts in more extreme poses. I'll keep playing. VWD is a possibility, so is parenting but not autofitting. I think it's worth it to figure it out. Lots of great potential here that has not been recreated for newer generations.

Flamenco skirt issue.JPG
    730 x 696 - 93K
    Flamenco shirt bends.JPG
    1353 x 927 - 241K
    Flamenco4.png
    1500 x 1433 - 5M
    Flamenco6.png
    1500 x 1200 - 4M
    Flamenco5.png
    1500 x 1433 - 4M
    Flamenco7.png
    1500 x 1200 - 4M
    Flamenco smoothing wall.JPG
    1316 x 897 - 205K
    Llynara said:
    I used the SY Ultra Big Dress template fit to Skirt 1 only. It still distorts in the front, but doesn't seem to be as bad. It doesn't follow as well as Wear Them All. I dug into the bones of the skirt and found a bunch of bend morphs. Not sure if they were added with the SY templates or there all along.

Yeah, SY templates add a bunch of bones to the skirt which you have to move around with each new pose. Too bad about that skirt getting destroyed with extreme poses :(

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

y'know, this is something that I've been thinking more and more lately. I look back over V3's stuff, and there really was a great range of variety, compared to nowadays. I like skimpy stuff as much as the next person, I'll never give it up - but......G3 really doesn't have a massive variety in her wardrobe.  

Llynara said:

...... Lots of great potential here that has not been recreated for newer generations......

Wow! Thanks for all the renders. The Spanish clothing looks great. As as distortion in the skirt I get that even with autofiting V4 / G / G2F or even G3F on G3F sometimes.

I wonder if that could be remedied by fitting using VWFD (the Rendo dynamic clothing SW, I forget the name).

I need to stock up on the Spanish style architecture too, LOL, it makes me homesick for that Florida from part of my childhood.

You're very welcome. It's fun to explore this series. There's so much in it! I've got a few more things to try, hopefully we can get that skirt working. I'll also play with the textures a bit and mix up the pieces. Stay tuned! 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited May 2017

It's the kind of thing that a hobbyist with skill and time on their hands might want to attempt a rebuild and try to duplicate the UVMapping. It would be low res, but the stuff from that era was low-res by today's standards.

I mean, someone did remap the Optitex-compliant Queen of Ages dress to take the MFD maps.  It might not be impossible.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

Yay and stuff!

edited May 2017

FYI- Renapd has Maharajah for M3 on sale at Rendo in their Poser Flash Sale. This is a gorgeous set. I'll be rendering it asap and posting. So far, her textures look really good in Iray, and even better in Poser. That vendor has some really beautiful textures and items for sale- for Gen 3 and Gen 4.

Here are her textures for SAV's DragonLady Dress for V4 and Genesis. I didn't use Wear Them All on this, because it's on a V4, but wanted to post so you could see what the outfit and textures look like in Iray. Click and zoom in to see the details, It's an HD wallpaper I made, so it's pretty big.

edited May 2017

Wanted to share how well Fortune Hunters for Hiro 3 is tranferred to Genesis 3 male with the Wear Them All Exp. The bigger the body, the more pokethrough it gets, but that's quickly fixed by applying smoothing.Didn't even need to use Fit Control.

Original Materials converted to Iray using Pd Iray Shader Kit 1 & Pd Iray Shader Kit 2:

Re-shaded outfit (just for fun) using Pd Iray Shader Kit 2:

FortuneHunters-OriginalTextIray.png
    1250 x 1250 - 815K
    FortuneHunters-OriginalTextIray2.png
    1250 x 1250 - 814K
    FortuneHunters_Hiro3.jpg
    1250 x 1250 - 1M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
    edited May 2017

Ooh, sexy hunting attire for the guys! Nice job, Giselle!

Maharajah for M3

Here is DarwinMishap's Ahmad for G3M wearing Maharajah for M3 by Renapd (Rendo). There are many pieces to this set, including jewelry, hats, swords, the chair and ottoman, several clothing items and a really cool long coat that I'll render next. There are a ton of textures, all mix and match. You can get so many looks from this set. There's a FREE add on expansion that includes even more textures and even an M3 Majaharah character. Did I mention it's on sale till midnight for 6 bucks? Yeah!

It renders very well in Iray, and I suspect even better in Poser. (The DragonLady dress I posted above looks amazing in Poser.) There are also poses for M3 and the clothing, but I'm not sure how to even begin converting those over. I adjusted a pose here, and there's still a bit of collision because these clothes are billowy. A little texture stretching too, but not bad. Deformers, smoothers, or VWD might help, but overall I think it looks very good. 

Click and zoom in for more detail. It is a bit grainy. Hammam (background) is a memory hog and somehow my render settings got reset, so the render ended at 2 hours. 

Maharajah.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 510K
    edited May 2017

Oh, that looks awesome, @Llynara! Though by what I can see the edges of the cape(?) look a bit choppy? But for an old outfit, it looks superb!

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on