"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

For just a moment FaceGen Pro was $55 in my cart. I almost struck, and then thought adding one new item might take it even lower. 

Now it is back to $69. 

And back out of my cart. 

I shold have grabbed a screen shot. 

"You gotta be quicker than that..." 

That was the quickest hiccup I've ever seen in the store. 

And now, no discount at all. 

Getting the kinks all worked out on that Cinco De Victoria sale, eh, Daz? 

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited May 2017
    Ati said:

I never planned on doing anything with dinos, but seeing the huge amount of prehistoric items makes me reconsider. Wow.

I was thinking of swapping out a dragon for a Pterodactyl as a riding mount... or maybe a Brontosaurus instead of a horse.

When I opened that page, I was stunned at the sheer number of prehistoric 3D models available.  I had no idea that we had so many Dinos available through Daz.  Kudos to the artists involved, very nice work!

The Vic sale that's going on right now seems to have a number of related products hovering at 72-80% (and in some cases even more than that), and the 'barrier for entry' for the extra 30% (of 40%, or +12% overall if no other discounts in play)  is rather low (any new release, excluding freebies).  Not a bad way to grab some older Genesis 1 era stuff.

Although it looks like they've pared down that sale though.  It used to have 23 pages, now it's down to 15 pages.  A few items jumped in price in my cart as I was shopping, so they are now wishlist items.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on

I can't even get to it now. It returns a The Site Can't be Reached error. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

I can't even get to it now. It returns a The Site Can't be Reached error.

I get that in Internet Explorer but it works OK in Chrome - if you replace the "direct.daz3d.com" with " www.daz3d.com " in the address line it should work in IE too.

• IldanachIldanach Posts: 217
    Ati said:

Although it looks like they've pared down that sale though.  It used to have 23 pages, now it's down to 15 pages.  A few items jumped in price in my cart as I was shopping, so they are now wishlist items.

It started off with 349 pages. 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,473

Umm, there are some sweet Genesis clothing a character discounts going on if you purchase 1 new item. Like %80. Hello RawArt shapes I've been eying for a lonnnnngggg time. I'm remember that I in fact LOVE the original most versatile Genesis!

• Yep, it's the pitts.  I saw the Conco De Victoria sale and though "Oh Goody" because I needed a few things for V7. The ad said over 1400 items.  I ran by Walmart on the way home and load $100.00 on my Bluebird card (already had $50.00 on it for planned purchases this payday) to buy them and add some more items maybe and when I boot up my main bod to see what else I might like, low and behold, it says over 900 items for Genesis and all of the items I added to my cart were full price.  DAZ just lost out on a $150.00 order because they can't make their mind up on what they are putting on sale.  Oh, well off to another sight to spend my money. :-)

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,473

Yep, it's the pitts.  I saw the Conco De Victoria sale and though "Oh Goody" because I needed a few things for V7. The ad said over 1400 items.  I ran by Walmart on the way home and load $100.00 on my Bluebird card (already had $50.00 on it for planned purchases this payday) to buy them and add some more items maybe and when I boot up my main bod to see what else I might like, low and behold, it says over 900 items for Genesis and all of the items I added to my cart were full price.  DAZ just lost out on a $150.00 order because they can't make their mind up on what they are putting on sale.  Oh, well off to another sight to spend my money. :-)

Full price you say? Did you have new item in your cart? Mine we all between 50 and 80% off the normal price. I spent $111.00 and feel like I made out like a bandit on this one.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Yep, it's the pitts.  I saw the Conco De Victoria sale and though "Oh Goody" because I needed a few things for V7. The ad said over 1400 items.  I ran by Walmart on the way home and load $100.00 on my Bluebird card (already had $50.00 on it for planned purchases this payday) to buy them and add some more items maybe and when I boot up my main bod to see what else I might like, low and behold, it says over 900 items for Genesis and all of the items I added to my cart were full price.  DAZ just lost out on a $150.00 order because they can't make their mind up on what they are putting on sale.  Oh, well off to another sight to spend my money. :-)

Yep. I was so excited that so many items of my wishlist were on sale, thinking there goes the last of my store credit, but I had to run errands for Dad, get ready for family in town, came back home and sat down to shop on DAZ and all that was left were a few genesis items. Oh, well. Guess that saves my store credit...

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    Greybro said:

Full price you say? Did you have new item in your cart? Mine we all between 50 and 80% off the normal price. I spent $111.00 and feel like I made out like a bandit on this one.

I saw the same thing.  Although I missed the initial 349 page listing (it was down to 23 pages by the time I saw the sale), the number of items on sale dropped again to 15 pages while I was shopping.  I had a couple of really cool items in my cart that jumped from 72-80% or higher discounts to no discounts or mild discounts (30% or so).  In his case he saw and was in the process of grabbing a bunch of V7 items, most of those have since been removed from the sale.

Kudos to anyone that managed to take advantage of the 'earlier in the day sale items'.

This makes me think that the Daz catalog framework is rather temeramental (most of us have seen glitches here and there), so it might be time to revamp/upgrade the underlying software.  And add a 'sale good until such and such a time' as a standard feature.  In this case, whomever set up the sale may have 'checked one too many boxes' on their end (honest mistakes happen), which they subsequently caught and rectified.

Doesn't make it any less annoying though.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Haha, just yesterday I was wondering why there wasn't a Poke-Away for genesis 3. laugh

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    Llynara said:

So where did Dinoraul come from? I don't recognize that PA's name.

LOL, you need to ventre away from DAZ more often. In addition to his dinos, he does some great vegetation. His Bamboo, Queen palm and Acacia trees are gotos in most of my renders

Ha- I actually shop at most of the other sites too. Just haven't come across the dinos there, but wasn't really looking for any. 

edited May 2017

Argh, playing the shopping cart jenga. Plenty of stuff in the Cinco de Victoria sale that I want, but can't afford them all. To the wishlist some of them will go. Which ones, I'm not sure yet.

EDIT: My inner brat won and I used a coupon. Dang, DAZ really does know me well!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    Ati said:

Haha, just yesterday I was wondering why there wasn't a Poke-Away for genesis 3. laugh

I personally have not had a use for any of the pokeaway products. I rarely have an issue that smoothing can't fix and when I do, I just use the geometry editor

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Ati said:

I personally have not had a use for any of the pokeaway products. I rarely have an issue that smoothing can't fix and when I do, I just use the geometry editor

I used it for Genesis 2... I think once... :) So it's not an instant purchase, but I will pick it up eventually. (I'm usually lazy, and solve these issues in gimp. :D)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    Ati said:

I picked up Poke-Away for Genesis 1, but I prefer using Smoothing, push modifier, and/or reducing negative displacement instead, and haven't used it since I got a handle on those.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Hmm. Safa and her bundle are an interesting dilemma for me. I almost always love FWSA characters and if I had the money would probably own most of their Genesis 3 output. But I don't specifically "need" Safa, lovely as she is...except for those fibermesh eyebrows. Ditto the "Have a Heart" outfit. Revealing microdresses I don't need more of. Those clothing shaders, and the clutch purse and cute shoes though, look very handy.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Me three...I put her in the cart by herself...- minus the bundle and it took $11 off so......

I want the expressions though...stuff for the eyes would be awesome....I couldn't afford that recent lashes for genesis 3 product either...

And I really wanted those....

I'm trying to reason through WHAT WILL I USE NEXT?

This is going to be a rough week....

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Ati said:

I picked up Poke-Away for Genesis 1, but I prefer using Smoothing, push modifier, and/or reducing negative displacement instead, and haven't used it since I got a handle on those.

Seems like we all have different methods. I use smoothing too but for stubborn areas I send clothing and figure to Blender and make an adjustment morph for the garment.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I like Poke-away. It's nice to be able to make things look right without it, but it does come in real handy for stubborn areas. I don't know blender, and I've yet to figure out how to use the push modifier, (among many other features of DS.) So for me, Poke-Away is great utility. I plan on getting the G3 bundle.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Anybody have any thoughts on XprssnMagic? I'm thinking it might be useful for me but I am hesitant.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I make a morph on occasions in Blender for such issues, but mostly a quick spot render of the affected area which I merge into the full image. That is usually the fastest method for me. Not seen poke-away previously and not tempted yet.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

dinos!!

how long to the next noggins sale?

• I have a cart to 90 dollars. With stuff that are mostly letting me buy Centaur 7 Pro bundle for 71% off. It's not even "I don't really need those stuff", because now it's "I realllyyyyy want it and haven't bought anything big for a long time" since my store credit is down to 5 dollars and has been so since beginning of March Madness. 

But *sigh*, to be honest I don't really need anything anyway. I have a full library, a notepad document with all the stuff I haven't even rendered once since I bought it and I've been living off contests and store credit of 200 dollars since November. It would be such a shame to give in to the addiction... 

edited May 2017

Anybody have any thoughts on XprssnMagic? I'm thinking it might be useful for me but I am hesitant.

Yes, I have versions for older characters and it's pretty easy to use. It's a standalone program and you can import the expressions into Poser or DAZ. Very handy for making unique expressions. I'm hesitant to get the new one only because I already have Cayman's excellent expression randomizer plus many, many Zeddicuss and other G3F expression packs. I highly recommend ALL the older versions. I've used it a lot for V4 and M4. I recently picked up the V3 one on sale. There's also Aiko 3 and I just got the Genesis ones in the current Genesis sale for about $2.50 each. I think I have most of them now. 

I have a cart to 90 dollars. With stuff that are mostly letting me buy Centaur 7 Pro bundle for 71% off. It's not even "I don't really need those stuff", because now it's "I realllyyyyy want it and haven't bought anything big for a long time" since my store credit is down to 5 dollars and has been so since beginning of March Madness. 

But *sigh*, to be honest I don't really need anything anyway. I have a full library, a notepad document with all the stuff I haven't even rendered once since I bought it and I've been living off contests and store credit of 200 dollars since November. It would be such a shame to give in to the addiction... 

LOL, I've surrendered to mine, though I have to draw the purse strings in tighter these days and actually shop in my runtime and product library. But I just live with the addiction any more instead of fighting it, LOL

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I have a lot of expression packs but I still find myself spending a ton of time browsing and tweaking when I have a specific expression in mind, so I went ahead and picked this up. It's good to hear it's worth it for older models-- although one reason I picked up GenX during MM was so I could port favorite older models to Genesis3 with its expression bones.  So I should resist for now. 

edited May 2017

FYI, if you haven't picked up the IDG Iray materials for Daz Horse 2 and Centaur 7, you should (if you own either of those figures.) These materials make them much more useable in Iray. I posted a quick render on Darwin's art thread and will post more as I get them rendered. I think that sale ends tonight. I picked up the Muelsfell Atlantis Centaur Armor and the centaur poses as well.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    marble said:
    Ati said:

Seems like we all have different methods. I use smoothing too but for stubborn areas I send clothing and figure to Blender and make an adjustment morph for the garment.

Same here. Once I figured out how to do sculpting in Blender, it was actually easier to export->fix->import than to turn some dials in DS...

This discussion has been closed.