"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    L'Adair said:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the quantity of products in today's promo... I know I complained about promos where multiple products were required to trigger the best discounts, but buying the bundle left one with only 3 or so other products to choose from. And today, if you buy the bundle, you still have nine other products to choose from.

Thank you, DAZ, for listening.

Now if I could only afford to take them up on the offer! Oh, well...

Yeh a lot of products if you like the theme.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Five days since Fast Grab was updated. Must be some sort of a record.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Toonces said:

Five days since Fast Grab was updated. Must be some sort of a record.

LOL... not even close! when I first started here, Sept 2014, Fast Grab didn't change for more than a month. There were two products in there. But... it was at the end of the PA Festival, and followed immediately by the PC+ Anniversary sale, (two of the three big annual sales, March Madness being the third.) Then there was a site design change somewhere between the PC+ Anniversary sale and the holidays, not sure just when. Shortly after the site changed, I noticed Fast Grab had changed, and then it changed quite frequently. Though I don't think I've ever seen it change daily.

Based on what I've read in these forums, I understand DAZ doesn't control the items in Fast Grab, the PAs do. Once Mely3d had some items in Fast Grab at 85% off. I saw the post where Mely3d said that was intentional and not a glitch from DAZ. The higher discount lasted for one day, then went back down to 70% for another day, (maybe two... I don't really remember.)

We've even seen nothing in Fast Grab at all during site-wide sales where everything not-new was discounted.

Essentially, hold on tight, for the various ways DAZ tempts us to part with our money can make for a wild rollercoaster ride! (Metaphorically speaking.)

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549

@L'Adair, Fast Grab happpens both ways. PAs can request items be put in, and the higher percentage if desired, and marketing will also populate Fast Grab with items selected by some combination of state of the art, high tech accounting practices coupled with detailed sales reporting, and throwing darts at the wall to see what sticks.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I'm really excited to see new firefighting equipment and a fire truck today! I definitely need them for renders- I have firefighters in both of my series, especially in the next books. Thank you, @Mely3D ! They look fantastic! 

• MendomanMendoman Posts: 401
    edited May 2017

I miss fast grab update too, but today I noticed that freebies has been updated instead. I was really happy to see that there was even a full G2M ( https://www.daz3d.com/newport-outfit-for-genesis-2-male-s ) set, not just textures, in freebies.

Post edited by Mendoman on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    edited May 2017
    Mendoman said:

I miss fast grab update too, but today I noticed that freebies has been updated instead. I was really happy to see that there was even a full G2M ( https://www.daz3d.com/newport-outfit-for-genesis-2-male-s ) set, not just textures, in freebies.

That outfit has already been and still is available in a couple of free bundles:

https://www.daz3d.com/inside-the-asylum-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/get_studio

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Mendoman said:

That has been free for almost two weeks now.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Mods, the first thumbnail in this product is acting up- teeny tiny. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Novica said:

Same with the Dino Sapiens (currently sitting in my cart waiting to see if I still have $$$ in my bank account tomorrow). Looks like we've got the old store thumbnails instead of the bigger pics the thumbs were linked to.

All very nice, but they all seem to be Poser-only. Anyone willing to be the canary in the DAZmine, and see how well they convert to native D|S figure assets, and 3Delight/Iray materials?

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

I made a ticket about the thumbnails.

I'm supposed to be on a buying-everything-from-daz break, but this dino-centric-sale got me.

Those damn dead trees and I can't pass up the dino-sapiens...

I'll pause before I pull the trigger case Daz has been updating sales throughout the day.angry

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Novica said:

There are several products doing the same.  It has already been reported.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

So where did Dinoraul come from? I don't recognize that PA's name.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited May 2017
    Llynara said:

He's been active at Rendo (and possibly elsewhere) for years and years... I have a few of his dinos and critters, though not nearly enough smiley

Post edited by Nath on
    edited May 2017
    Llynara said:

Nath said:
    Llynara said:

He's been active at Rendo (and possibly elsewhere) for years and years... I have a few of his dinos and critters, though not nearly enough smiley

He also used to sell some at DAZ  years ago and there are still some DOs that were done by him.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I never planned on doing anything with dinos, but seeing the huge amount of prehistoric items makes me reconsider. Wow.

And what is " Happy Cinco de Dino " ???   A fifth of Dinos ???   LOL

Novica said:

Same with the Dino Sapiens (currently sitting in my cart waiting to see if I still have $$$ in my bank account tomorrow). Looks like we've got the old store thumbnails instead of the bigger pics the thumbs were linked to.

All very nice, but they all seem to be Poser-only. Anyone willing to be the canary in the DAZmine, and see how well they convert to native D|S figure assets, and 3Delight/Iray materials?

Here's the Deinotherium and baby from Rendo - it imported into Studio with no trouble; materials brought into Iray: I applied Uber shader and lowered reflectivity. I can't imagine the versions sold here will perform any less well.

deinotherium.png
    874 x 1056 - 815K

It's better than a sexy 'Mexican' costume for V7 and a sombrero, though the pun leaves something to be desired.

Anyway, dinos are always on topic.

edited May 2017
    Nath said:

It's better than a sexy 'Mexican' costume for V7 and a sombrero, though the pun leaves something to be desired.

No, no its not better. I could easily resist that V7 costume; but resisting Dinoraul dinosaurs is going to be a lot harder.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

I have 1 of every dino (the odler ones) from some kind of bundle.

I also have no idea what context they were purchased in....

Nope, I now remember. I wanted to have a character riding a dinosaur and grabbed a bundle....

Somewhere there's a package that has a saddle/harness to ride a dino....

So the "core" dinos, themeselve,s are redundant, but there some new, rare dinos, plus the new items...

Last time, I wanted all that fauna to make a futuristic jungle-type planet....but they were pricey -

Oh, and those aren't even part of this sale. That is strange,,,,,

And what is " Happy Cinco de Dino " ???   A fifth of Dinos ???   LOL

There are actual prehistoric jungle sets...with era-specific plants... well observed, sir. And even fitting for the size of the thumbnails.

Nath said:

No, no its not better. I could easily resist that V7 costume; but resisting Donraul dinosaurs is going to be a lot harder.

Hmm... yes. Good point...

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    Llynara said:

You haven't figured it out yet have you Lol ! ;)

• galattgalatt Posts: 219
    At last! A sale that has no effect on me. My bank account is safe... For now. They do look great, but even as a kid I was never in to dinosaurs.
  • RXRX Posts: 14
    edited May 2017

These are all items Raul already sold on Renderosity and Content Paradise, but the lack of sales of his products most of the time on those sites means I was still excited to dig into this collection and expand my list of models I have from him.

Post edited by RX on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    Llynara said:

LOL, you need to ventre away from DAZ more often. In addition to his dinos, he does some great vegetation. His Bamboo, Queen palm and Acacia trees are gotos in most of my renders

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited May 2017

If I buy a bunch of Dinosaur stuff I don't *really* want... I can get a free Tyranasaurus Rex and Terra Dome "Roads and Rails," for a great price. 

I'm trying to justify it with the vegitation... Maybe if there were 3 landscape items that were discounting to under $3 each that qualified for the free Dino and the discount on Roads and Rails... 

Why is Roads and Rails part of Cinco De DINO, anyhow? *edits*

Post edited by donovancolbert on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

If I buy a bunch of Dinosaur stuff I don't *really* want... I can get a free Tyranasaurus Rex and Terra Dome "Roads and Rails," for a great price. 

I'm trying to justify it with the vegitation... Maybe if there were 3 landscape items that were discounting to under $3 each that qualified for the free Dino and the discount on Roads and Rails... 

Why is Roads and Rails part of Cinco De Mayo, anyhow? 

Acknowledging the builders, maybe?

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

By putting a desert southwest railroad and roadway landscape in a dinosaur setting? 

Maybe Indigo Janson is a paleontologist for his day job... 

• KinichKinich Posts: 857

Dinoraul also does some rather cool fantasy creatures, some of which have made it here to Daz, hopefully some more might make it along later, here's a quick render of the CentazorgDR in Iray, my 3Delight mat conversion, converted to Iray.

CentazorgDR - PSB-2017.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.