Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

For those that are interested, VWD is on sale at Renderosity for 40% off. I wish it were sold at DAZ, but I'll probably break down and get it anyway. I've heard so many good things. 

Save 40% on VWD Cloth And Hair from VirtualWorldDynamics

With VWD Cloth And Hair you can create the very best realistic renders and fluid animations. This utility will allow you to pose and animate all the clothes and all the hair you have in your library. Although it works with Poser - you'll also achieve success when using the bridges (written by Philemot) with Carrara or Daz Studio - also both 40% off during this sale. Pose a cloth very precisely using a dynamic positionning method and use a cloth or a hair on a character different from the one on which it has been created.

For a limited time, you can save 40% on this great product and Philemot's bridge utilities! Valid thru 11:59pm (cdt) on Monday, May 15th.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499

Yeah, only catch is prime only which negates the whole sale for me pretty much.  Still, a good deal if you are alreay a prime member there.

edited May 2017

Yeah, only catch is prime only which negates the whole sale for me pretty much.  Still, a good deal if you are alreay a prime member there.

I feel foolish; I missed that just glancing at it as I was checking email between errands. Rats... I don't think I want to spring for Prime just to get that. I know if you shop at Renderosity, Prime is worth it, but I'm a Dazaholic. I would have jumped for this deal, tho, if the Prime membership was not involved.

Sigh... first the Facegen sale went off when I wasn't expecting, now this... Two things I really want, not on sale. It feels like Monday.

Post edited by firewarden on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I'm Prime over there because many of the same artists sell there, as sell here, and there's texture sets for outfits sold here which are only available there. (Which I can't explain but there must be a good reason.)  The Prime Flash is the same as Fast Grab (but cheaper- try $3.50 up)  and has a lot of goodies, even for G3F.

Outside of prime, there's some cool props, aka, remember the car I did?  Very realistic. Yesterday I bought a huge yacht and there's nothing like that here. Rich has the Dreamland thread and those buildings have a great variety (the city blocks products, which are homes and businesses) so I have to say I've become 60% Daz now, 40% Rendo on average. Daz's marketing is never in-between for me, I hate it or love it. I won't buy two or three things to get discounts on catalogs- it has to be off the new releases themselves. But everyone likes different strategies. 

Prime is $29.99/year? I don't know why I thought it was about the same cost as PC+. Now I am really waffling, especially after your post, LOL!

Novica said:

I'm Prime over there because many of the same artists sell there, as sell here, and there's texture sets for outfits sold here which are only available there. (Which I can't explain but there must be a good reason.)  The Prime Flash is the same as Fast Grab (but cheaper- try $3.50 up)  and has a lot of goodies, even for G3F.

Outside of prime, there's some cool props, aka, remember the car I did?  Very realistic. Yesterday I bought a huge yacht and there's nothing like that here. Rich has the Dreamland thread and those buildings have a great variety (the city blocks products, which are homes and businesses) so I have to say I've become 60% Daz now, 40% Rendo on average. Daz's marketing is never in-between for me, I hate it or love it. I won't buy two or three things to get discounts on catalogs- it has to be off the new releases themselves. But everyone likes different strategies. 

edited May 2017

Genesis 3 Males  H - I - J

Henryk    14.61
    Hunter     14.61

Ipo          13.80
    Isaac       13.12  

Ivan        14.21
    Jared      EDIT: Changed to lighter, 14.50

Jax         13.45
    Jorou      13.70

Henryk.png
    438 x 600 - 251K
    Hunter.png
    438 x 600 - 221K
    Ipo.png
    438 x 600 - 260K
    Isaac.png
    438 x 600 - 263K
    Ivan7.png
    438 x 600 - 292K
    Jax.png
    438 x 600 - 251K
    Jurou.png
    438 x 600 - 266K
    Jared14.50.png
    438 x 600 - 228K
    Post edited by Novica on

I love these reference photos. Really gives an awesome idea of the style of the character and skin. You've got me adding some characters to my wishlist. 

I love these reference photos. Really gives an awesome idea of the style of the character and skin. You've got me adding some characters to my wishlist. 

Good to know it's helpful. They all load at World Center and there's quite a variety of head sizes! A few, I've had to back 'em up- like George, Ivan, etc- so they are more the same size and not totally filling the viewport. Some of these skins are really orange- the lighting is fairly neutral, and if anything, a touch of whitish blue. Definitely not orange! So if they are showing orange here, you'd really get that a lot more with warmer lights. 

And yep, Prime over at Rendo pays for itself very quickly. wink

I just compared. If I buy VWD and the DAZ bridge or buy VWD and the DAZ Bridge PLUS a Prime membership, it's the same price either way. So I would kinda be getting Prime for free. Very tempting... One problem is that it would give me the temptation to shop at Rendo, and I already spend too much at DAZ. Hmmm...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited May 2017

I have lately been buying more at Rendo since they have increasingly had more men's content. I signed up for prime too.. .

One thing I wish they would improve is their coupons. I never know where they are, and frequently find something was coupon-able after I check out, which is a bummer.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oooo if it's the yacht I'm thinking of, it's absolutely amazing!! HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, with so much detail.  

Novica said:

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I think the Prime anniversary is coming up in July over there - might be interesting to see if there's a sale/discount on membership itself. 

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

A nice perk of rendo prime is the 7% back on all purchases via 'render rewards'.

Drawback is that you have to spend $100 in the month to get it, but still something to consider. It's like 7% off on all purchases in the store.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    Novica said:

I'm hoping you folks have read the sales thread to see what great deals there are today, or tested the cart. These aren't glitches, either. With four of either Aave's or Sedor's items in the cart, including any in the New Releases, the prices are absolutely ridiculous. Thank you so much Aave and Sedor! 

Factory Warehouse 24180 1 $7.48
    Basix - Poses for Genesis 3 Male(s) 23307 1 $4.49
    Iray Skies - 10 Skies for Use with Iray 42337 1 $4.47
    Sage for Genesis 3 Female 38041 1 $1.48
    MFD Matching Morphs Pixie Perfect Izabella7 34177 1 $1.20
    Spring Polo Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s) 37715 1 $1.49
    Squash Court 38043 1 $1.41
    Fashion Flare 23572 1 $5.38
    Subtotal $100.39
    Discount -$72.99
    Grand Total $27.40

@novica Thank you for pointing this out. If its ok to post I had a similar order that I might have missed out on.

this was my good find. Comic Villain Bundle –Character, Outfit, Hair, Jewellery, Poses and More    33821    1    $14.03

Toonces said:

A nice perk of rendo prime is the 7% back on all purchases via 'render rewards'.

Drawback is that you have to spend $100 in the month to get it, but still something to consider. It's like 7% off on all purchases in the store.

That applies to anyone prime or not although I'm not certain if prime get a slightly higher % or not plus as you said you do have to spend $100 first to qualify for the month.

edited May 2017

This is the Luxury Yacht (Truform is the vendor.)  Got it at half price. It's so huge inside they have a separate PDF with a floorplan! Details are really nice. There's more images over at Rendo in the store. There are 7 levels with an elevator running through all of them, ending up at the helipad. (these are just screenshots.)

Edit: 652 objects/props!

yacht.jpg
    692 x 772 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    Novica said:

This is the Luxury Yacht (Truform is the vendor.)  Got it at half price. It's so huge inside they have a separate PDF with a floorplan! Details are really nice. There's more images over at Rendo in the store. There are 7 levels with an elevator running through all of them, ending up at the helipad. (these are just screenshots.)

Edit: 652 objects/props!

WOWZERS!! Loving that boat! Might have to stop by there and make a purchase. How is the texture work? I ahve some of their cars and sometimes they need a little tweeking

WOWZERS!! Loving that boat! Might have to stop by there and make a purchase. How is the texture work? I ahve some of their cars and sometimes they need a little tweeking

I don't know- haven't played with it, to be honest. I am working on a couple other things at the moment. I've got the men to finish up and another project going, but the yacht is at the top of my list after that. You'll be seeing it, that's for sure. It's around $45 so I'd wait until it goes back on sale- well worth the $20 something I paid for it.

edited May 2017

Genesis 3 Males    K 

Kabaka 13.03
    Kahu     13.52

Kai        14.20
    Kenji 7   14.65

Keanu    14.57
    Khai       14.25

Kheiron   12.98    EXTREMELY DARK character
    Killian      14.60

Kimo 7     14.25
    Konstantin   13.90

Kyle        14.40

Kabaka.png
    438 x 600 - 253K
    Kahu.png
    438 x 600 - 238K
    Kai.png
    438 x 600 - 238K
    Kenji 7.png
    438 x 600 - 234K
    Keanu.png
    438 x 600 - 246K
    Khai.png
    438 x 600 - 241K
    Kheiron.png
    438 x 600 - 241K
    Killian.png
    438 x 600 - 238K
    Kimo 7.png
    438 x 600 - 289K
    Konstantin.png
    438 x 600 - 259K
    Kyle.png
    438 x 600 - 246K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

APRIL 2017 IceDragonArt's Top 4 - (its been a busy month, not as much time as usual to play)

Otherworldly - This is a twofer - @kindredarts Iray HDRI Space and the SkinBuilder3.

Butterflies - @PA_Philosiphers IREAL Animated Butterflies and Wisps.

Defender - @Fuseling - FSL Elements of Magic

Heartbreak - Minotaur 6 HD - his face takes expressions particularly well, and he is a very well made character.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

I'm loving your mugshots of the men, Novica - really useful quick comparison.

(I'm just trawling through my posts this month to see whether I posted enough to give a Top 3-5 for the month this time!)

It seems that VWD was changed so that the 40% off now applies to everyone not just prime members.

edited May 2017

Thanks @MelanieL   smiley

One thing for everyone to keep in mind- mix and match the faces and textures. He hasn't been shown yet, but Pavel is fun to replace thin eyebrows. Here's Henryk with Pavel materials. (and eyes. LOVE Pavel eyes!)  I know, Pavel doesn't possibly grab you with the promos, but the eyebrows and eyes (IMO, love the intensity) are really good.

That's why I really started doing this, because I've got to think about what face shapes I like, and what materials I want to put on which character.

Henryk w PavelMats.png
    438 x 600 - 249K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

Otherworldly - This is a twofer - @kindredarts Iray HDRI Space and the SkinBuilder3.

Heartbreak - Minotaur 6 HD - his face takes expressions particularly well, and he is a very well made character.

@icedragonart  I know it's hard, but you have to pick one of the products for Otherworldly- sorry! Which one do you want?

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

Luxury Yacht (Renderosity)

Hmmm. Well, an 980 x 1100 render with everything loaded- was, wait for it- a MINUTE. Yep, a minute for the fully loaded image of the exterior, and I did check and everything was indeed open in the scene. (All eyes were open, all the way down the submenus. AMAZING)

So leaving everything loaded, I added two distant lights and used the Latitude and Longitude lighting (for Central Mexico) and shot the interior/exterior scene(it's open and I shot inside the boat from the end of the open-air deck) and it was:

44%   3 minutes 813 iterations
    75%  10:25 minutes  2568 it
    86%   13 minutes    3361 it
    93%   15 minutes   3862 it
    96%   15:45  4201 it
    97%   18:30  4458 it

The interior reminds me a lot of Tesla, with the plain, square furniture and basics. There are a few exceptions. I can say for people with slower computers, don't pass this up because it's huge. Each deck has it's own preload, and this took under 19 minutes for my computer- FULLY LOADED- to do an interior. Hope this glimpse helps, back to what I need to be working on.

luxyacht.png
    980 x 1100 - 1M
    luxyacht2.png
    980 x 1100 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

Flash sales for lights and shaders going on now. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

@icedragonart  I know it's hard, but you have to pick one of the products for Otherworldly- sorry! Which one do you want?

Sorry for some reason I thought we could do two.  I fixed it, I will do the skin builder next month, I have several more characters I am working on.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919
    Novica said:

Luxury Yacht (Renderosity)

Hmmm. Well, an 980 x 1100 render with everything loaded- was, wait for it- a MINUTE

Doh! I shoulda picked it up when it went on sale.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

It seems that VWD was changed so that the 40% off now applies to everyone not just prime members.

Thanks for the tip! I 've had that on my wishlist a long time - picked it up since I didn't need to be prime.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

@Novica   Wow, you sure have a lot of male characters. It's very helpful to see them all in one place - more variety than it sometimes seems when just looking at promo pictures.

This discussion has been closed.