"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited April 2017
    Kerya said:

From the newsletter:

https://www.daz3d.com/poser-mega-sale

Featured items 70% off - 80% off with purchase of a new release

Indeed, the characters I have purchased are included in this sale. Got the 70% off without a new relased item. Was not very interessed in todays new releases anyways.

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    MN-150374 said:
    Kerya said:

From the newsletter:

Indeed, the characters I have purchased are included in this sale. Got the discount even without a new relase item.

You should have gotten the 70% off even without a new realease.  It increases to 80% off with a new release.

edited April 2017
    MN-150374 said:
    Kerya said:

From the newsletter:

Indeed, the characters I have purchased are included in this sale. Got the discount even without a new relase item.

You should have gotten the 70% off even without a new realease.  It increases to 80% off with a new release.

Yes, you are right. I was already editing my previous post you quoted. Hope it makes more sense now. :-)

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited April 2017
    L'Adair said:
    MN-150374 said:
    MN-150374 said:

Couldn´t find a promotion for this. But all the the V4 characters on my wishlist have a 70% discount.

Probably the Poser Megasale that is in the daily email

Okay, I am not subscribed to the newsletters. Looks like most of the V4/M4 characters, hair and clothing is included in this sale.

I noticed a number of V4/M4 products that do not have the 70%. I checked several of those and found that while they support generation 4, they also support one or another later generation: Genesis, Genesis 2, etc. FYI...

Do those items say Poser in the compatible software? I think that is what helps define the deep discount. Also the sale is "featured items" so there may be some such as the old Terradome, that aren't included.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    MN-150374 said:
    Kerya said:

From the newsletter:

Indeed, the characters I have purchased are included in this sale. Got the 70% off without a new relased item. Was not very interessed in todays new releases anyways.

Any 'new' release even works. It doesn't have to be one of today's releases.

MN-150374 said:
    Kerya said:

From the newsletter:

Thanks for the info! Lets see if I can find something useful as a qualifying new release. Maybe it is worth a support ticket.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    MN-150374 said:
    Kerya said:

From the newsletter:

as long as it is NOT a PC item ...

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    Kerya said:
    MN-150374 said:
    Kerya said:

From the newsletter:

True. Here's a handy link to find the new items that *do* work to trigger the 80% off in the Poser Mega Sale:

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#filter_new=1&order=price^-1&filtered=1

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Amazing. Not a single one of the thousands of items in that sale is on my wishlist. laugh

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    Ati said:

Amazing. Not a single one of the thousands of items in that sale is on my wishlist. laugh

Amazing ... three are, and when I look at them I go "Meh ... maybe I don't really need those after all."

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

LOL, I've got 10 pages from my wishlist in that sale. I do like the old stuff! 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,734

When Daz created Genesis (that sounds almost biblical LOL) I ONLY shopped for Poser compatible items because, at the time, I had no intention of learning DS and there was no DSON yet. From the introduction of Genesis to March Madness last year, I would check here occasionally for anything I didn't have that was Poser-friendly and found lots of great sales on older stuff. The result? I now own 1,412 of the products in today's sale. Not to mention all the V4/Poser stuff I purchased at Rendo or RDNA during all those years. Plus I got a lot of free products for a while when participating in a promo artist group. I have enough V4/Poser stuff alone to keep me rendering for decades!  But, will I look through the rest of the sale to see if there's anything I still want? Of course. They had me at hello...

edited April 2017

When Daz created Genesis (that sounds almost biblical LOL) 

LMAO! "In the beginning, DAZ created Genesis..."

There are some good deals on pose packs from Island Girl and Ensary, and some great items from Evil Innocence (who does Cross Dresser- universal fits are built into everything they do.) I stayed on the lower end of the price spectrum and was able to pick up quite a bit. Was also excited to see Liquid Rust in the sale. That PA has some wonderful characters for V4 and M4. 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,722
    avxp said:

Only once

I've used it once but it still works.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Yeah, I'm not afraid of the old stuff either.

Yet another insidous... I mean awesome saile from the Daz sales team!

Even at $1.50 a pop for some of the items in the Poser Mega sale, I can already see that I'm looking at another wallet buster... It's V4.2's fault.  Her mega pack was on sale a while back so I brought her home.  Now she's looking for new things for her closet...

It's the little details in the outfits that get me.  Sure I have lots of skirts, etc. but the bling, interesting additional layers/folds, embellishments, etc. on the skirts I don't have (that I can't easily replicate) is what catches my eye.

Like this gal's creative usage of 'MMA Belt-like' accessories...

You just have to appreciate good looking 3D modeling artistry when you see it!

laugh

Ah, that's Arki's Mystix set, which is very nice. I caught the bundle when RDNA came over and just picked up the textures today.

• BOOM goes the poser sale!  Went from 64 pages down to 50 and nothing I had in my cart was included anymore.  Typical, but makes pushing the clear cart button easy.

Yeah, wow! What just happened? That is so annoying. It takes a lot of time to go through things, add them to your cart, then have the price change without warning! Don't they realize they are losing money when we dump our carts and they end up frustrating customers making us not want to shop at all?

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited April 2017
    Llynara said:

Ah, that's Arki's Mystix set, which is very nice. I caught the bundle when RDNA came over and just picked up the textures today.

Yeah, Arki is definitely an exceptional artist.  I keep getting sucked in by his/her stuff.

Like this...(link to bundle that includes this)...

Stunning, just stunning.  Sure, if you aren't doing fantasy stuff you don't need this, but otherwise...

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Llynara said:

LOL, I've got 10 pages from my wishlist in that sale. I do like the old stuff! 

Ha!

Sounds like you need to clean it out, not buy everything in sight. cheeky

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Kerya said:
    MN-150374 said:
    Kerya said:

From the newsletter:

Where does it say NOT new PC+ releases?  I don't see that anywhere.  Just 'Any New Release' to trigger the 80% off on the Poser Megasale.

• duane_moodyduane_moody Posts: 130

Just filed a ticket over the phone since they no longer answer it directly but send it to an answering service: items on the Poser sale are dropping their discounts or losing them entirely including the item I put in the basket (https://www.daz3d.com/1-click-m4-face-hair-for-poser). Refreshing the cart page makes no difference but so far the other items in it haven't had the same thing happen to them.

Hopefully this is a software error and not an intentional change on the market.

DAZ_Steve said:

I just made a change to this coupon that should resolve the issue.  Please try it again.

Do you know what's happening with the items losing their discounts in this Poser sale?

edited April 2017

Just filed a ticket over the phone since they no longer answer it directly but send it to an answering service: items on the Poser sale are dropping their discounts or losing them entirely including the item I put in the basket (https://www.daz3d.com/1-click-m4-face-hair-for-poser). Refreshing the cart page makes no difference but so far the other items in it haven't had the same thing happen to them.

Hopefully this is a software error and not an intentional change on the market.

It looks like a number of items including this one https://www.daz3d.com/ebony-bundle: have been pulled from the Poser sale.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

It looks like a number of items including this one https://www.daz3d.com/ebony-bundle: have been pulled from the Poser sale.

My understanding is that flash item sales are put on a quota where after a certain number of sales occur the item leaves the sale, but this wasn't advertised as one of those. And yes, I notice that items like the Elverado Outfit and 1-Click M4 Face Hair are gone. 

So either those items weren't approved to be in the sale and the vendors complained, they're using Flash Sale mechanics on the items or something else is at work here. Either way I'd like an explanation from @DAZ_Steve or someone else. 

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 262

Mega Poser Sale? IMO, it's just another RuntimeDNA sale now. Pass indecision 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:
    MN-150374 said:
    MN-150374 said:

Couldn´t find a promotion for this. But all the the V4 characters on my wishlist have a 70% discount.

Probably the Poser Megasale that is in the daily email

Okay, I am not subscribed to the newsletters. Looks like most of the V4/M4 characters, hair and clothing is included in this sale.

I noticed a number of V4/M4 products that do not have the 70%. I checked several of those and found that while they support generation 4, they also support one or another later generation: Genesis, Genesis 2, etc. FYI...

Do those items say Poser in the compatible software? I think that is what helps define the deep discount. Also the sale is "featured items" so there may be some such as the old Terradome, that aren't included.

I just double checked and many of the multi-generational products that support V4 but aren't in the sale do include "Poser" in the list of compatible software. Looks like the criteria for being featured includes other filters besides generation 4 and Poser...

And with "featured products" changing, (again!) I'm really glad this sale did not pique my interest!

Well, although a bunch of things were removed from my cart when they went up in price, I'm still adding a lot more. I really hope they don't keep changing. I'm going to start screenshoting and hope they honor it...

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

I was giving bad information. That banner code is still active. Sorry all.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Mega Poser Sale? IMO, it's just another RuntimeDNA sale now. Pass indecision 

You're not digging far enough back...by definition, a newest to last listing of M4/V4 stuff will show the RDNA stuff first. I'm seeing lots of interesting older content but you have to keep going back, or know the names of the PAs involved and search for them specifically.

This discussion has been closed.