"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

LeanaLeana Posts: 10,933
edited April 2017 in The Commons

This discussion was created from comments split from: Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk).

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,933
    edited April 2017
    Toonces said:

Is 100 pages the limit?

Yes and no. When we fill 100 pages the mods will split it off and there will be a new continuation thread.

They started doing that years ago after we almost broke the old forum with a thread which had more than 3000 pages ;)

Post edited by Leana on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Looks like we're spilling over already. Woohoo!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Llynara said:

How about: "Keep Calm and Shop On...The Sales Adventures Continue!"

How about: "Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There're always another Sales and Glitches!" devil

Yeh.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

LOL, can't believe the mods allowed the "glitches" part. If anything my wallet would be relieved there are other sales and glitches, LOL

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I feel like they're not giving us any rest. My credit card does't go in my wallet lately, it just sits next to my monitor in wait. I thought they were supposed to take it easy on us after MM. My spending is not really slowing. 4 items just from fast grab today and out of store credit.

edited April 2017

There really have been some incredible products released lately. I don't think I could keep up even if I won the lottery!

Leana said:

Toonces said:

Is 100 pages the limit?

Yes and no. When we fill 100 pages the mods will split it off and there will be a new continuation thread.

They started doing that years ago after we almost broke the old forum with a thread which had more than 3000 pages ;)

Wow!!! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2017

Okay. I'm going to say this once, and then forever keep my mouth shut, (or fingers from typing it, to be more exact...)
    laugh

The writer in me cringes every time I read title of this new thread! Grammatically, it should read "there're always more sales and glitches." "Another" is singular, but the rest of the sentence is plural. Alternatively, it could still say, "There's always another sale," and then add something about glitches in parentheses following it, if the goal is keeping the "another sale" snippet the same from one thread to another...

Phew! got that off my chest. I shall keep mum on this title from here on out.

(And I can't believe how fast we blew through the previous iteration of the topic! I think we managed 3K+ messages in about half the time it took to revive and overwhelm the original!)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Humms...."Now the glitch is gone, I can see it in my cart, now the glitch is gone..."

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

New topic already, hehe. :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited April 2017

Is there a way to see the forum notification (like I did when I was OP on the old thread) without getting emails?  If I just bookmark the thread then I get both the notification and an unwanted email

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

How do you have your notification preferences set?

Is there a way to see the forum notification (like I did when I was OP on the old thread) without getting emails?  If I just bookmark the thread then I get both the notification and an unwanted email

• Is there a way to see the forum notification (like I did when I was OP on the old thread) without getting emails?  If I just bookmark the thread then I get both the notification and an unwanted email

Don't know, but such a thing would be marvelous.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Notification Preferences

General

Notification Email Popup
    Notify me when people write on my wall.    
    Notify me when people reply to my wall comments.    
    Notify me of private messages.    
    Notify me when people comment on my discussions.    
    Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.    
    Notify me when people mention me.    
    Notify me when a comment is flagged.    

Thanks, Chohole. It took me a bit to even find my notification preferences but when I did I changed " Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions." to popup only. So, that may fix things

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268
    Llynara said:

There really have been some incredible products released lately. I don't think I could keep up even if I won the lottery!

Leana said:

Toonces said:

Is 100 pages the limit?

Wow!!! 

I know, right?  100 pages.  Wow indeed.  And March Madness got me pretty good.  Then the MM 2016 flashback - that got me a bit too. 

And then Faveral had to go release that Medieval Construction Kit!!!  I had to buy the whole bundle.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

LOL, can't believe the mods allowed the "glitches" part.

It makes sense for them to encourage glitch talk. They read it and report back to DAZ HQ.

So with that and the atrocious grammar, I'm going to ruthlessly exploit glitches from now on - even the ones that allow me to grab most of the store for nowt. Yeah, that'll show 'em. Don't come bitchin' about the glitchin', etc. ;-)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Maybe they put the glitches comment in the ticket system, which means they'll get right on it in a year or two...

LOL, can't believe the mods allowed the "glitches" part.

It makes sense for them to encourage glitch talk. They read it and report back to DAZ HQ.

So with that and the atrocious grammar, I'm going to ruthlessly exploit glitches from now on - even the ones that allow me to grab most of the store for nowt. Yeah, that'll show 'em. Don't come bitchin' about the glitchin', etc. ;-)

Hey, what happens in the shopping cart, stays in the shopping cart! wink

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited April 2017

Don't come bitchin' about the glitchin', etc. ;-) 

Love it!!!! :D  

Edit: Hmm... that didn't come out the way I meant it. Was thinking of the griping I'd been doing about the glitching and/or change of sale.

Post edited by firewarden on
  • donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

The speed with which we blew through the last thread indicates good things for DAZ. Their Facebook and other targeted marketing campaigns have reached the intended audience, and there has been an uptick in activity in the forums - and probably in sales too. The PAs probably have a feel for this too, even if they don't have the exact metrics. 

And last year's MEGA glitches coincided with this aggressive social media advertising push - I know, because that is what got me here. They brought a lot of new people in, and then they had these unprecedented sales that were "mistakes," that encouraged people like myself who refused to buy to start buying. 

Now, I feel like the March Madness wasn't all that mad at all - but the sales AFTERWARDS seem pretty decent - if you're looking for particular items. I've bought more Fastgrab items since Feburary than I bought all through 2016. Which, if I were in DAZ marketing... rather than having eveyrone waiting for several HUGE events all year long... I'd rather have them making purchases throughout the year that made it harder to really evaluate how deep the discounts are. 

I think DAZ is probably finding a pretty good balance on generating a consistent, predictible revenue stream right about now. 

How long does the introductory 30% offer last on new products?

nicstt said:

2 weeks

nicstt said:

I've got my eye on that too. There are a few things I really want before they lose that discount.

Llynara said:
    nicstt said:

I've got my eye on that too. There are a few things I really want before they lose that discount.

Just Zev0's product.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited April 2017

Now, I feel like the March Madness wasn't all that mad at all - but the sales AFTERWARDS seem pretty decent - if you're looking for particular items. I've bought more Fastgrab items since Feburary than I bought all through 2016.

I agree, the fast grabs have been great, much more rotation, more fast grabs on the weekend, this is where my money has been going lately.

Post edited by FrankTheTank on
  • TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Wow, i'm surprised the last word in the thread title hasn't been changed to something like 'gifts' or 'gift cards' or something more politically correct than 'glitches'.

And so the debate in my head continues -- are glitches intentional or not?

It reminds me of when I watched wrestling in the 80's as a kid. We argued for hours about whether it was real or fake.

Wait...is wrestling real?

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited April 2017

uhm, there's no 'Add to Cart' button for the DarkSeal items. cheeky

[edit to add]: I mean on the individual item's page of course.

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    HorusRa said:

If you use the quick add button on the list page they add to the cart correctly

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    dragotx said:
    HorusRa said:

ok, wasn't sure about that or not. I did edit my post before to state no button on the individual items page. I was just going to see if they still worked properly with the quick add button.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
    HorusRa said:
    dragotx said:
    HorusRa said:

ok, wasn't sure about that or not. I did edit my post before to state no button on the individual items page. I was just going to see if they still worked properly with the quick add button.

I've confirmed on individual pages and reported.

This discussion has been closed.