SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited June 2012

I don't understand why that is not acceptable. You do understand DAZ is going through a difficult time right now. I myself have posted a few things I wish I could take back, things that were said in anger.

I believe we all need to take a couple of breaths before we post next time if what we are posting is negativity. To me it's the same as speaking before you actually took a couple of seconds to think about it, it can have disastrous results.

From experience DAZ has always taken care of me, so I have decided to sit back and wait in hopes that this will all come to past and everything gets worked out for all involved, DAZ, the PA's, the customers and whoever else has an investment on this site.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited June 2012

Ledhead said:

I don't understand why that is not acceptable. You do understand DAZ is going through a difficult time right now.

The difficulties are entirely self-inflicted. It is becoming very clear that there was insufficient thought and preparation put into the migration and that the site wasn't adequately tested before going live. The credit card country dropdown is a glaring example of something that would have been caught, thus preventing much annoyance to international members (who would otherwise be spending here, rather than complaining).

Being patient for a couple of days, or even a week, is acceptable.

Being patient for a month? That's asking a bit too much for most people.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited June 2012

Ledhead said:

I don't understand why that is not acceptable. You do understand DAZ is going through a difficult time right now.

Well, it's not acceptable, because Daz is a business. If someone asks for a refund, a refund should be given. That is a good business practice. That is what will make customers return. If customers prefer to purchase later, that is their choice.

If Daz is continuing to have website problems, then they should not continue to market/sell, until those problems are fixed. If they do continue to market/sell, they should honor refunds for unhappy customers due to those problems.

If they need a temporary financial assistance, they should add a "Donation" button.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited June 2012

If DAZ says they are work on it then their working on it and will get it straightened out asap. Thinks don't happen immediately and that's just life. They've got 300 other people demanding that it's to happen right this second. It takes as long as it takes. We're sorry it is taking longer than people expect, but they can only work so fast.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Ledhead said:

Well, it's not acceptable, because Daz is a business. If someone asks for a refund, a refund should be given. That is a good business practice. That is what will make customers return. If customers prefer to purchase later, that is their choice.

If Daz is continuing to have website problems, then they should not continue to market/sell, until those problems are fixed. If they do continue to market/sell, they should honor refunds for unhappy customers due to those problems.

If they need a temporary financial assistance, they should add a "Donation" button.

If you make a purchase with a debit card in any store and then return the purchase it can take 2 weeks before it shows up on your account.

edited December 1969

If you use Paypal it could take longer. We've had returns take up to a month.

edited June 2012

Frank0314 said:
    If DAZ says they are work on it then their working on it and will get it straightened out asap. Thinks don't happen immediately and that's just life. They've got 300 other people demanding that it's to happen right this second. It takes as long as it takes. We're sorry it is taking longer than people expect, but they can only work so fast.

Bad service creates unhappy customers, and that's just life, as well. I believe waiting a week or more for a response is a little more patient than "right this second".

I am not un-sympathetic to their plight, I just don't feel a response for a refund should be "No, just wait", as was described above. Imagine Wal-mart telling folks to come back in a week or more, and then if you have not changed your mind, we can talk about a refund. There would be rioting!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
    edited December 1969

I have a ticket in that's three weeks old so I understand the frustration. I do know and understand that they are handling hundreds of tickets a day, but no amount of me complaining to them is going to get it done faster. And submitting multiple tickes for the same issue is only extending the process.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I have a ticket in that's three weeks old so I understand the frustration. I do know and understand that they are handling hundreds of tickets a day, but no amount of me complaining to them is going to get it done faster. And submitting multiple tickets for the same issue is only extending the process.

Have you heard from Daz on if/when they are going to post an official update on the status/ETA of the recovery operation, or do they still not know?

edited December 1969

We've asked the same and are still waiting on an answer.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited June 2012

Two things.

(1) I'd like to know how to search for items in the main shop. As an example I wanted to see what RawArt had on sale, and mangaed to get there, though the list said only 3 things offered were on sale. Then when I wanted to go back to the main menu to try again there wasn't any button (other than the windows page back button). And searches on items seemed then permanently limited to Raw Art's store.

(2) Why is sales tax sometimes appearing and sometimes not. I grant you it has not appeared this weekend. I have not bought anything so far because of all the glitches, but I think I might like to try for two small things on sale.
    (3) Okay three things. Why does the default view go to 15 items? This was an absolute pain in the last store. I would like a permanent 60 or 120 or 240 items. And a Show all options so I can get it all in one big scrolling page if I want to.
    It seems like it takes dozens and dozens of clicks just to get anywhere now.
    Thank you.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Two things.

(1) I'd like to know how to search for items in the main shop. As an example I wanted to see what RawArt had on sale, and mangaed to get there, though the list said only 3 things offered were on sale. Then when I wanted to go back to the main menu to try again there wasn't any button (other than the windows page back button). And searches on items seemed then permanently limited to Raw Art's store.

(2) Why is sales tax sometimes appearing and sometimes not. I grant you it has not appeared this weekend. I have not bought anything so far because of all the glitches, but I think I might like to try for two small things on sale.
    (3) Okay three things. Why does the default view go to 15 items? This was an absolute pain in the last store. I would like a permanent 60 or 120 or 240 items. And a Show all options so I can get it all in one big scrolling page if I want to.
    Thank you.

1. I have trouble with this too, but I've found that searching by the vendor's name (with nothing extra) usually works pretty well.
    2. Where are you? If NY, they used to charge sales tax (which was a mistake) but they have since fixed it. Maybe this is true of other states, as well. Last I heard they were still trying to fix CA. If you were charged tax, you should request a refund.
    3. Yeah, I'd like that too...

edited June 2012

Two things.

Thank you.

1. I have trouble with this too, but I've found that searching by the vendor's name (with nothing extra) usually works pretty well.
    2. Where are you? If NY, they used to charge sales tax (which was a mistake) but they have since fixed it. Maybe this is true of other states, as well. Last I heard they were still trying to fix CA. If you were charged tax, you should request a refund.
    3. Yeah, I'd like that too...
    Thanks for the heads up on the sales Tax, Scott. And the confirmation that it's not just me fumbling with not finding things.
    Honestly, I feel there are soooo many things wrong with this switchover that I could probably give them a 2-4 page laundry list of just bullets of what I see. Or more, if they're interested. I'll just summarize my sentiment right now: Not fun shopping or Browsing anymore. Then I'll trust that these are all smart people who basically know what what they are doing and what we want and give them time to at least get to the surface and start treading water for a bit.
    As a general theme, though, I'll stick with the major complaint on massive click count insensibility because I think if they pay attention to that, as a theme, then a lot of specific problems will go away.
    These are my opinions as a customer, not intended to offend as I consider Daz one of the batter sites, still.

edited June 2012

Curiosity: 'RECENTLY VIEWED PRODUCTS' list.

For those of you reading here, do any of you ever use this? I know other websites that have them. I never use it.

Frankly, I whenever I see them I always tend to think of it as slightly creepy, as a reminder that if some one at the website company wanted to know what you were looking at they would start at the sidebar by looking over your shoulder and then could go deeper.

I mean, I know what I looked at. If I have an interest in a product I put it in my wishlist. Really what I would like to see is two wishlists, a temproary one while I'm browsing and a more permanent one that I add things to. I think that's how I might try looking at the new 'compare function.'

If anyone other than the company uses such a 'recently viewed products' sidebar productively I'd genuinely like to hear it.
    I'd like the option to turn it off so the website inherently forgets what I was looking at.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Well, I see it as possibly helpful for people who may look at an item, kind of like it but aren't sure so didn't put it into their wishlist, but then return at a later date wondering, "What was that I was looking at? I might like to buy that after all." I've only used it once at buy.com I think. I know amazon.com has it, too. With all the social things and networking and all, I think we're seeing a lot of things show up elsewhere. That's what I find spooky. And I don't even subscribe to FaceBook or any of those sites. :ohh:

Dana

• GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

gw3972 said:
    Ledhead said:

The difficulties are entirely self-inflicted. It is becoming very clear that there was insufficient thought and preparation put into the migration and that the site wasn't adequately tested before going live. The credit card country dropdown is a glaring example of something that would have been caught, thus preventing much annoyance to international members (who would otherwise be spending here, rather than complaining).

Being patient for a couple of days, or even a week, is acceptable.

Being patient for a month? That's asking a bit too much for most people.

I have to agree.

COMPLAINT
    The decision to go with the new commercial store did not take into account a ton of features that users have gotten used to and liked very much, never mind the numerous bugs and problems. DAZ needs to pay more attention to the users, especially those features which took years to fine tune based on user feedback.

You don't just throw those extremely valuable lessons out the window, but that's what happened.

One example is all of the helpful advice accumulated over years in the old forum. I had links to some advice on how to get X, or Y, or Z work.
    Now I cannot access any of that. Even after I found that the old forum is archived, I can no longer run a search in the archived file and the links I saved in my e-mail are of no help. This is ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE. It would have been very easy to leave the old forum in place perhaps locked against any new additions, but have the search function functional, and use a new address or whatever for the new one.

Those who made the decision to go ahead with this new commercial store even though it failed to allow X, and Y, and Z, really screwed up, in my opinion. Then the people who were in charge of testing the system and giving the final OK, obviously were wrong, as we now clearly see. It's too late to undo these bad decisions, but there are lessons to be learned. I hope DAZ has learned some lessons.

The reason I gave up on Poser after purchasing 2-3 different versions was because I felt that the interface was terrible and the Poser people failed to improve it from version to version. With the earliest DAZ Studio I was able to do more after 4 hours than the weeks I had spent with Poser. Ease of USE is just about everything, given that the software is reliable and stable. DAZ understands this, but still falls short sometimes.

SOME PRAISE HERE
    Virtually all of my interactions with DAZ staff has been absolutely wonderful. DAZ has always been very keen to be generous, and fair minded. So, my frustration was not caused by and complaint is not aimed at all the people at working at DAZ, only to those who rushed into using and then after inadequate testing to roll out the new commercial store.

Thanks,

Dan

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

UPDATE FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING THE "NOT XYZ" SITE LOGIN BUG:

From Blaine Furner:
    The problem our customers have been seeing in the store of “If you are not John Doe” or another customer name…has been fixed. The web team has updated the store pages so this should not be a problem any longer. In additional to the previous, please clear your cache as well just as a precaution.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not a big complainer, but are they just reading the software manul one problem at a time? Pick one Web Master, they read the FULL manual and get an Idea, then they have others learn the parts that need fixed fast and help them fix it. They stopped at 600-800 wide images, no updates. They never fixed Avatars, they fixed Post last to the top, they stopped. Move to top with post not finished. That's forum issues I know. The Store must come first but we Forumites feel left out.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just a quick question, are there any time-table of when DAZ Studio 4.5 is done? As in the date of the General Release? I just noticed the new sticky from DAZ about Release Candidate 2, and it would be nice to have some knowledge of the date (I plan to migrate when 4.5 is done, as I'm sure it's going to be a stable release with few [or no] bugs)

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

drdancm said:
    One example is all of the helpful advice accumulated over years in the old forum. I had links to some advice on how to get X, or Y, or Z work.
    Now I cannot access any of that. Even after I found that the old forum is archived, I can no longer run a search in the archived file and the links I saved in my e-mail are of no help. This is ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE. It would have been very easy to leave the old forum in place perhaps locked against any new additions, but have the search function functional, and use a new address or whatever for the new one.

You can use your old links, if you use Firefox
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1589
    If you don't use Firefox, you could run it at the same time as your default browser, by telling Firefox not to check if it's default. (Should work, anyway).

You'd have to paste the email link, instead of clicking, though (If Firefox isn't default).

And Google search works pretty well, on the archived forum, if you don't use site search.
    (Because Google's search results are in 4 different domain names: old name, forumarchive, DNS number, and a domain name I haven't seen before)..

I just google "Daz [search term] -torrent"

Gets a bunch of relevant hits, in with the inevitable trash.

Not as good as fixed, but I expect that will happen in our lifetimes. :blank:

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited June 2012

Jaderail said:
    I'm not a big complainer, but are they just reading the software manul one problem at a time? Pick one Web Master, they read the FULL manual and get an Idea, then they have others learn the parts that need fixed fast and help them fix it. They stopped at 600-800 wide images, no updates. They never fixed Avatars, they fixed Post last to the top, they stopped. Move to top with post not finished. That's forum issues I know. The Store must come first but we Forumites feel left out.

The forums are not being worked on until after the store code is all working. That being said, the things that were fixed were things that could be fixed by regular DAZ staff and so were in an effort to improve things here as best as could be while we wait for larger improvements.

On the manual thing, when the code you are using is not your own but rather a bought solution who's complex internal coding you do not have memorized and when you run a business that is unconventional to most cart systems (most deal with shippables, or downloadable PDFs etc over zips etc) you find yourself having to go WAY beyond the manual and sometimes deep into the coding to fix issues that may not be readily noticeable to the developers with normal use by their usual customer base. Add to that the fact that even with thorough testing depending on the code in this or that file etc things that did work and function can all the sudden not.

I don't know in this case the details to share them on the what's or whys (and honestly others here in the forums who do or have done web development have explained the drawbacks far more eloquently and intelligently then I could anyway), I can only speak from my own personal experiences. I have spent the last (count them) 4 months tracking down bugs and modifying code in my store to fix this or that odd issue because I do downloads or need to tweak this setting because it isn't ideal in my stores' setup though it would be in most. And when I say setting I don't mean check this box, I mean change the hard coding of 15 files just to get an A to Z sort to be default ::headdesk:: Now I work differently in that my site is in it's live and final position since very few people can find it (unless you google search then I'm in trouble LOL) so I can work on it and know that once done...I am truly DONE, but I can get away with doing so as my customer base is far smaller and the likelihood a customer of mine would happen upon it is far more limited then what it would be for DAZ3D. So working in a temporary location, thoroughly testing it there (which was done), and then moving it is the only route they can really take. Now the job is refining things that have occurred once moved which can take some time occasionally depending on the complexity of the cart system being used and Magento is QUITE complex (to its benefit though I realize you all are not seeing those benefits at the moment but you will).

We do apologize for the issues, the wait, the confusion on some days but we are working as quickly as we can to get back to what matters most here which is a strong and thriving artistic community. The forums are a very big part of that and will be getting the attention they deserve as soon as the issues within the store are resolved :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    edited June 2012

ssgbryan said:

Actually, what you do Ann is buy a support contract. DAZ was apparently too cheap to do so and are now reaping the "benefits" and cost savings.

Anything that isn't a core function of the company should be outsourced to people who have the skillsets to do the mission. Setting up a store SHOULD be a one shot deal - farm it out to people who are experts. It has been obvious that the people who handle the web development for DAZ do NOT have the skillsets to this. From what I have seen, there is a lot of that going around at DAZ.

This has cost the company a great deal of money.

"Strong & thriving?". Not when customers are at the frustration level they are at. Whatever good-will DAZ had with the customer base is rapidly swirling down the toilet. Before too long the only customers DAZ has will be the "true believers"

The continued absense of the "leadership" of the company isn't helping the situation.

Strong and thriving was speaking of the community of people here and was also speaking in the future tense as obviously things are not the same here at the moment. Things have not gone smoothly but making assessments on who is working on what, how it is being done, whether it is being done well, or who it is being done by etc are not easily called from a point of view that cannot see what is going on. Maybe the web developers are a mess but maybe they are excellent, well educated developers who have ran into some rather complex issues alternatively. Honestly, the cause matters less to me at this moment then the solution. Time cannot be turned back to correct what may have went wrong (though reviewing it to learn from the experience is an absolute necessity or else history is doomed to repeat itself). All DAZ3D can do is move forward. If you or anyone else is having an issue and wants to speak with me directly, please feel free to PM me and discuss it...my door is always open to everyone here. (Or e-mail me aanderson @ daz3d.com - be sure to remove the spaces before and after the @ before sending) and I will gladly do all I can to resolve the matter. That I can and will gladly do. What I can't sadly do is turn back time and make this be different. I am sorry I can't and I am sorry faith in this company is low at the moment. I completely understand and respect the reasons why. All of us here at DAZ3D will have to work at the restoration of that faith and that is what we are trying to do by trying to keep up with updates and by Blaine, myself, and the moderation staff answering as many questions as possible and helping resolve as many things as we can. I am sorry that the process is not going more smoothly or quickly and we are working as best and as fast as we can to correct that. You all have our most sincere apologies and respect. I do however understand if that isn't enough right now :(

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Just wondering Daz_Ann, are we ever going to get a proper response in regards to the wide and rampant anger over the changes to the PC coupons - namely the exclusion of PA artists? I did notice the recent newsletter said "**At this time, other Published Artist Products, New Releases and certain "Resell" items are also excluded."

"At this time" is a very vague statement to make about such an important issue. I'd like to know if this is a temporary or permanent change. If it's temporary how many months will we have to do with this extremely limited coupon? If it's permanent can we get a confirmation of that so those of us who no longer wish to continue our membership can get that taken care of?

Post edited by LEI1 on
    edited December 1969

LEI1 said:
    Just wondering Daz_Ann, are we ever going to get a proper response in regards to the wide and rampant anger over the changes to the PC coupons - namely the exclusion of PA artists? I did notice the recent newsletter said "**At this time, other Published Artist Products, New Releases and certain "Resell" items are also excluded."

"At this time" is a very vague statement to make about such an important issue. I'd like to know if this is a temporary or permanent change. If it's temporary how many months will we have to do with this extremely limited coupon? If it's permanent can we get a confirmation of that so those of us who no longer wish to continue our membership can get that taken care of?

From my understanding it is to a certain degree temporary as they had been looking into other options and solutions but as I am not positive on to what, how, or if it will change... I will double check and see where all that is at the moment. I know some things they were waiting to explore as possibilities once the store was settled as it would be based on what they can do with the store itself and others would need to be discussed more to be sure to not rush to a solution that could end in a disaster. They may not have an ETA or an answer quite yet but I will ask :)

edited December 1969

Just a quick question, are there any time-table of when DAZ Studio 4.5 is done? As in the date of the General Release? I just noticed the new sticky from DAZ about Release Candidate 2, and it would be nice to have some knowledge of the date (I plan to migrate when 4.5 is done, as I'm sure it's going to be a stable release with few [or no] bugs)

I am not positive on this one but Richard or one of the other staff may have a better idea. I'll point them this way for in the morning when they come on :)

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know what is the latest status regarding the use of International Credit Cards? My current card expires at the end of this month and, as the store stands at the moment, I won't be able to switch over to a new one. [And I don't want to use PayPal].

I know it's still the first half of the month but I was wondering if I should put in a ticket to Zendesk it should probably be now to give it time to work its way up to the top before the end of the month. ;-)

Does anybody know if this is an issue that they do intend to address or will the use of credit cards be limited to the USA customer base only? I would just like to know, that's all.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am not positive on this one but Richard or one of the other staff may have a better idea. I'll point them this way for in the morning when they come on :)

Thanks!!

It would make planning a heck of a lot easier.

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited June 2012

I received email newsletter the Rawart products were on Sales however when I checked the Shop --> Sales & Promotion, the Rawart products on sales did not appear. Why?

BTW to all that notice my terrible spelling. Yes I agree, stupid me :red: BUT I blame the spell checker in Firefox for not picking it up.
    I have become so reliant on it that I don't think twice about which word I am using. So There, Their...or is that They're?
    http://quicksand.hubpages.com/hub/The-Future-Of-The-English-Language

Post edited by Gigabeat on
    edited December 1969

On a positive note, my ticket for refunds was addressed in <2 days. :) Hopefully it is a sign of good things to come. All the best to Daz as they continue to get things fixed, I wish you well!</p>