Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited February 2017

I did actually break down and buy two characters, at that price it was really difficult to turn down. I felt like Nairkissa was a great deal as its really two characters and she was less than three dollars. And one other that was less than $3 as well as I felt like she had a different facial structure Halina for Kalea even though I don't have Kalea.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Novica said:

For $19.35 I got NINE G3F characters.($2.21- $2.77 apiece. Normally wouldn't buy them as I don't need them, but will showcase them if I can get them for that amount.)  So things in sales do overlap. Check the vendors and compare who is in what sale, what triggers it, and just open up those stores. You'll already see some things marked 75% off then the discount gets applied to that!

What did you get?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I was getting ready to post when the site when down for "Scheduled Maintenance." And I didn't see a thing mentioned beforehand about that. Was it? Because scheduled maintenance is announced.  From 10pm to about 3:25am or later the site was down. So at the moment, I am going to check the sales. But it was FWSA and Zeddicuss (spelling?) poses that were both in the sales. Since I have most of the poses, I can't tell you which ones were on sale, but the ones for Monique definitely were 75% off then stacked on top of that.

Oh you've got to be kidding. They certainly did a LOUSY job of "maintenance." (Which I'm not believing one minute, unless someone tells me they announced this beforehand.) All I see at 5am is spinning circles instead of images. Ridiculous! 

edited February 2017

OMGosh, all my DIM waiting to be downloaded products are GONE. I am showing zero. Check your DIM! Hope you installed your recent purchases!!!!!  It's grayed out.  

Edit: just came back up. Whew. 

Post edited by Novica on
    There was no announcement of the maintenance.
    edited February 2017

I did actually break down and buy two characters, at that price it was really difficult to turn down. I felt like Nairkissa was a great deal as its really two characters and she was less than three dollars. And one other that was less than $3 as well as I felt like she had a different facial structure Halina for Kalea even though I don't have Kalea.

I have FWSA Halina for Kalea 7. Here is a render of her face. The image links to my gallery, where I list and link the other products used in the render.

FWSA Halina for Kalea 7

Post edited by barbult on
  • I just passed up getting Kalea.  I like your picture better than the promos!  I might have considered getting her if I had seen you picture before I checked out.  What hair is that?

I just passed up getting Kalea.  I like your picture better than the promos!  I might have considered getting her if I had seen you picture before I checked out.  What hair is that?

That is Mada hair.

• barbult said:

I just passed up getting Kalea.  I like your picture better than the promos!  I might have considered getting her if I had seen you picture before I checked out.  What hair is that?

That is Mada hair.

Thanks!

edited February 2017

Halina is beautiful! 

I don't know if I'm going nuts or not, but I could have sworn there were stores in one of the sales that were removed, the two sales I was in were the Daz Massive Blowout and Let The Love Continue. As I said, these characters are eventually going to be featured here (as 98% of the things I buy are for the thread, I enjoy sharing it with you) so I bought them at these discounts to share them with you.  And you know me and liking natural, thicker eyebrows, so a few of these I wouldn't have normally bought. But that's my personal taste and others dislike those brows and love these kind, and it's nice to have variety. I was about to follow up with a post when the site went down for Maintenance, so now I can't say for sure about stores being in two different sales. See question, beginning of third paragraph.

First, the two new items to trigger: the Ravi Speedboat and First Bastion's Highland Lakeside Cabin and Dock. Love those two, and I think they go perfectly together. I mean, how else can you get to the dock from the water?  So two new releases from Let The Love Continue, doesn't have to be those two. Zeddicuss and Fred Winkler are both in that sale. Then in the Massive Blowout, with a new release (and you have two from Let the Love Continue) it was 50% off DO's, and they're already 58% off. I don't know how that was figured, but they dropped to $13.49 for me.

So here's the question- were there stores in the Massive Blowout sale that were removed during "Maintenance?"  If you want to test to see if it's still in effect though, put the two new releases I mentioned in your cart or two from the Love Continue sale, then test these. They are from FWSA and Zeddicuss. The Tween Julie, Lilith, and Monique are in the Blowout Sale for main DO figures. Let me know what you're seeing if you get a chance.

Tween Julie 7    $13.49
    Monique 7    $13.49
    Lilith 7   $13.48
    FWSA Tisha HD for Monique 7     $2.26
    FW Sushmita HD for Victoria 7 and Her Jewelry   $2.51
    FWSA Narkissa HD for Genesis 3 Female(s)   $2.51
    FWSA Lorcan HD for Genesis 3 Male(s)    $2.27
    FWSA Filia HD for Sunny 7   $2.26  
    FWSA Danny HD for The Guy 7    $2.51
    FWSA Lexi HD for Rune 7   $2.76
    Elisse HD for Victoria 7   $2.27
    FWSA Camile HD for Bethany 7   $2.26
    Z Paradise - Poses for Monique 7 & Genesis 3 Female    $1.84

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2017

FWSA Tisha HD for Monique 7             Eliot Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Female(s)

So, here's one of the gals from above, and on Monique 7 that I also got yesterday. I used ALR lights, Bright. One spotlight, the closest side, cheek. Did not move the ALR lights at all or tweak them.

1200 px, click to enlarge.

TishaEliotHairALRBrightPlus1Spot.png
    1127 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2017

FWSA Tisha HD for Monique 7            Badlands Roamer Outfit (Gen3F)        Kanzashi Hair  (Gen3F)        Amazon Queen  Poses for Olympia 7  

I picked up Badlands Roamer awhile ago for the boots, can you see why? They're really nice with the bands. You could put these with modern outfits and be right in sync with today's trends.

Be aware the top is not having poke through (the lacey part on the chest) it's supposed to be worn/torn there. So don't try to fix it!  BTW, her bust is GREATLY reduced. I also used Izabella 7 breasts at 37% to give them a less-flat-diameter-plumpy, and more rounded natural look after I had removed breasts a bit and small breasts. Otherwise, this chest would have been really plump at the sides (almost like the implants do, all over.)   The Izabella morph is really nice (and will be up at the top of your chest morphs list. Try it and see how you like it.) 

1200 pixels, click to enlarge.

TishaKanzashiHairBadlandsRoamer.png
    800 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

Here's another Tisha image from my Gallery.

edited February 2017

Very nice! Her skin looks so soft, like we can almost touch it and feel the silkiness of it. That hair looks better than the promos- it's Saucy Hair, right? In the promos it's too wild for my tastes.  Wanted to get part of the glove in the image, I like those too. Now I'm done! 

TishaKanzashiHair2.png
    800 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2017

Yes, my Tisha image used Saucy Hair. I did it back in December. I probably modified the Surface settings, or even used UHT, I can't remember now. It came in the Monique 7 bundle. I doubt I would have purchased it alone. Note that I cut off the top and sides in the render. It looks less wild that way.

Ice Dragon Art mentions that she purchased FWSA Halina HD for Kalea 7 but didn't have Kalea. Here is a mix of 50% Halina without Kalea and 50% Genevieve 7. I also modified the eye spacing a bit, because I think Genevieve's eyes look way too far apart. The list products used is in the Gallery.

Hmm, I'm trying to think of what age I'd guess her to be. I love the combination. Even without any bags or wrinkles under her eyes, she looks wise and a tad older. I don't think we've featured Heath Hair before (I could be wrong)  I like it. Thanks for sharing! (Keep 'em coming!) 

edited February 2017

Here's another image from my gallery with Heath Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) & Female(s). The list of products used is in the Gallery.

Also, the motorcycle pose images I posted a few days ago also used Heath Hair. It works on both men and women.

Heath Hair

Thank you for showing her!  I haven't had much time today and am just downloading a couple of things now.

edited February 2017

FW Sushmita HD for Victoria 7 And Her Jewelry        Katharina Hair        Precocious (Gen3F)

Another of the gals I got before the site went down this morning (wee hours.)  Katharine Hair is very sleek, nice morphs- has the click to pose section, in addition to moving sections manually. You can get wavy hair or straight hair too.

SushmitaKatharinaHair.png
    756 x 1000 - 1M
    SushmitaKatharinaHair2.png
    756 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2017

Fast Grab is doing it to me again. I've been waiting for Sleek Interior Room because I like the ultra modern furniture. At first, all I noticed was the square-ness of it, but it has nice chrome (or whatever) that "brackets" the couch and chairs, somewhat different. For  $6.89, it's a deal IMO. Also, the elephant and ?wolf or panther, which is it? wall art is good, and the small cat picture that's framed can be used elsewhere.  The windows will let you light the room easily (plus the Ghost Lights or other sets are easy to place at the end of the rooms if you want more lighting.) 

Andreys Mountain Trail, On The Shore, etc are Fast Grab too! Dang, they really are changing it daily now. 

EDIT: BTW, remember to check the dates on your "already bought" Fast Grab items. If these are cheaper than what you paid for them in the last 30 days, file a ticket. For example,  On The Shore was on sale 6th of February and I bought it (9.98) and now it's 7.49. 

Post edited by Novica on

The earrings in this image are from FW Sushmita HD for Victoria 7 And Her Jewelry, but are retextured with shaders.

edited February 2017

Does anyone have this Medieval Tavern?  I just loaded it and when I load the preset scene there are no walls, I have bar stools but no bar. etc etc.  Not sure what is going on but it says in the description that the building is textured so it sure sounds like it has walls a floor etc.  None of which are I seem to have. I can't imagine that this does not come with walls etc?  It says there are doors included as well which I also can't find.  I've put in a help ticket but this is completely useless without walls,ceilings etc.  The tankards etc are hanging in mid air.  There is no way I could match up a separate interior space with this.

Edited to add - I finally found it.  It was NOT clear at all by the thumbnails what loads the actual building.

DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro - AAA NO HEADLIGHT SCENE.duf 2182017 124801 AM.jpg
    1680 x 1018 - 358K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Novica said:

FW Sushmita HD for Victoria 7 And Her Jewelry        Katharina Hair        Precocious (Gen3F)

Another of the gals I got before the site went down this morning (wee hours.)  Katharine Hair is very sleek, nice morphs- has the click to pose section, in addition to moving sections manually. You can get wavy hair or straight hair too.

She's very pretty! I like the nose a lot - it's more natural than many noses you see on characters in the Daz store. 

edited February 2017

Does anyone have this Medieval Tavern?  I just loaded it and when I load the preset scene there are no walls, I have bar stools but no bar. etc etc.  Not sure what is going on but it says in the description that the building is textured so it sure sounds like it has walls a floor etc.  None of which are I seem to have.

Sorry, I just came back online. Yes, I do have it if you have additional questions. wink I haven't ever rendered it, so let me know what you think if you get a chance. 

Post edited by Novica on
    barbult said:

The earrings in this image are from FW Sushmita HD for Victoria 7 And Her Jewelry, but are retextured with shaders.

The earrings are very elegant, I like what you did with them.

I'm going offline for the rest of the morning (2:20am) as I'm trying to get on a better sleep schedule plus it's going to be storming here shortly and I want to get off the computer. California looked like it got pummeled today, hope everyone out there stayed safe from mudslides. Just saw this on weather.com

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    Novica said:

Fast Grab is doing it to me again.

Same here. I picked up 5 items from it today (already had 4). The price of these older products have much more apeal to me than many of the new ones coming out.

I'm rendering it now.  Once I figured out where the actual  building was its a stunning set (if course, its by Faveral).  Really gorgeous and quite large , with a bar, a kitchen and a commons room and a ton of props.  I will post what I'm rendering once its done later this afternoon.

• I love that set as well-used it in a few renders of mine.

This discussion has been closed.