Babes on a Budget

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

I feel like Harry facing the one that will not be named.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    DollyGirl said:

I feel like Harry facing the one that will not be named.

Yeah. Or David and Goliath. 

I have faith that good will triumph though. This is a wake up call for everyone to unite and fight for what is right.

Hey, that rhymed. lol :)

I have faith in the good in people - we will prevail! 

I made a new character that I'm enjoying a lot. I think she's really lovely and I'm having fun doing some pinup renders of her (just fun and light stuff to take my mind off of the crazy things happening). :) 

She's a mixture of Gwennili, Valoria, and Alieta. I kind of made her by accident. Just adding a little of this, a little of that - then I'm like, oh cool! She looks cute! lol I'm not sure what to name her though. Any suggestions? :)

My favorite character is still Athyn, but I'm definitely going to need a name for this new character. I can see that I'll be rendering her a lot as I think she's lovely! I really like ending my character names with "yn". I have Valyn and Athyn. Many of you guys are pretty creative. Any suggestions? :)

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

The 2nd one with the burlesque outfit and updo exposing her neck is my favorite. Keep rendering her, and a name will come to you . . .

- Greg

• I kind of like the sound of Melyn myself.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Probably doesn't help, but from an existentialist perspective, every day is the end of the world as we know it. 'Course the Nihilist might say "this time I'm not kidding". Both of them would probably tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, which is most likely true.

Remember the civilized world was going to end/shutdown at the turn of the millenium. That turned out to be overblown (sort of an unintentional pun on a certain new official).

It's the end of the world as we know it. And I feel ...fine?

• I agree with Greg.  Love the second render.  Great job!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2017

She's cute! I love the old fashioned pinup style.  I think I agree with @Algovinician.  I like the second one the best, but the are all good.  

edit: And, Tabasco Jack, too.  Don't know how I missed that.  :)

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I think I like the second one the best as well.  She looks like a Molly to me...

Thanks guys! I REALLY appreciate the feedback! :D 

Since you guys liked the second one, I used that outfit and hair again to test out Will's new shaders:

The entire background/environment is shaded with seven of his new shaders (except the leaves, those I didn't reshade). 

The shaders are wonderful! This is his (I think) second or third set of shaders he's released for Iray. These must have taken a LOT of work and to give them away free is incredibly generous! Go get them and give him some love for sharing them with us! :D

edited January 2017

PS - Thank you for the name suggestions! So far we have two M names suggested, and I'm liking the ideas so far. I've not decided what to name her yet, so please keep 'em coming! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on

I'm working on some rag doll textures. I'm not sure if anyone is interested in them. If so, please let me know. If there is interest in it, I might release them as a freebie.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

These rag doll textures are looking great.

Artini said:

These rag doll textures are looking great.

Thank you, Artini. :) I'm working hard on them. Hopefully they will be done by the end of the week.

My first horror render. I couldn't decide which I liked best, so I decided to post all three. :)

I'm not a horror fan but creating this scene was kind of like art therapy for me. I wanted to create an image that reflects how I'm feeling lately - uneasy ...and a little bit scared. 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I am loving the rag doll textures Diva!!!

I would for sure be interested in them for my renders and are you going to make them for both genders?

I am loving the rag doll textures Diva!!!

I would for sure be interested in them for my renders and are you going to make them for both genders?

Probably not. I've only got like two or three people so far express an interest in the textures, so making them for both genders probably isn't worth the time and work as there doesn't seem to be much interest in it -unfortunitely. 

• Those rag doll textures look interesting, Diva!  Nice! :)

edited February 2017

DarwinsMishap let me test out his new character, Diesel, (well, part of his new character - since it requires Elijah 7 to really look like Diesel). I don't have Elijah 7, so this isn't REALLY want the character should look like. But I do like him anyway - even without the Elijah 7 morph. The tattoo and makeup options are great and I REALLY like the skin texture!!

Here are a few renders of him (without the Elijah 7 morph):

I really like this character - I think he's gorgeous! And I know he'll look even better once I get Elijah 7. :)

A BIG thank you to DarwinsMishap for letting me test out this character! I'm honored and delighted that you let me test him out! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • My first horror render. I couldn't decide which I liked best, so I decided to post all three. :)

I'm not a horror fan but creating this scene was kind of like art therapy for me. I wanted to create an image that reflects how I'm feeling lately - uneasy ...and a little bit scared.

Go for broke. Dont worry about TOS. You may not be able to display your work here, but if therapy is your goal then you cant place restraints on your creations.

I love the horror genre. Ultimately its just fantasy just like anything else. Horror can be very graceful and refined. Horror can be... messy... if you so choose. Dont look to splatter as the defining characteristc of horror. In my opinion the two are not neccessarily the same. Experiment.

Now im inspired. Thanks Diva. Ive had no inspiration for months. Ideas, but nothing solid. Now I think I can render...

Bwah, hah, hah!

edited February 2017

My first horror render. I couldn't decide which I liked best, so I decided to post all three. :)

Go for broke. Dont worry about TOS. You may not be able to display your work here, but if therapy is your goal then you cant place restraints on your creations.

I love the horror genre. Ultimately its just fantasy just like anything else. Horror can be very graceful and refined. Horror can be... messy... if you so choose. Dont look to splatter as the defining characteristc of horror. In my opinion the two are not neccessarily the same. Experiment.

Now im inspired. Thanks Diva. Ive had no inspiration for months. Ideas, but nothing solid. Now I think I can render...

Bwah, hah, hah!

hahah Awesome! Thanks for the critique and suggestions. I appreciate it. :)

I'm really happy to hear that something I've posted inspired you! Yay! 

Post edited by 3Diva on

I'm adoring Will's WTP3 shaders! I'm having a lot of fun with them as well as his previous shader sets. They are awesome! :D 

Here are a couple of renders, these are just me playing around with them to see what they do. 

This one is the Cracked Glass:

This one is the Soap Bubble:

And this one is WTP Base Refraction:

Will's shaders are wonderful, I highly recommend them! :)

I'm working on a new comic book character -

Bumble Bee Babe! :)

A couple arty type renders.

edited February 2017

I finally got around to watching Suicide Squad. Wow ...so disappointed. I've been wanting a movie with Harley Quinn in it for ages ...this is not the movie I was wanting. Not even close. 

They were trying to focus on WAY too many characters and it just ended up being like a big ol' incoherent mess. I wish they would have just focused on Harley Quinn, The Joker, Headshot, Katana, and Enchantress/June Moone. SO MANY other characters just made it so that none of the characters actually got the amount of time that would have made for a better movie. 

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a terrible movie. But it could have been SO MUCH BETTER if they hadn't tried to cram in a gazillion friggin characters. 

And don't even get me started on what they did to Amanda Waller. Heaven forbid they let a fat actor play the part of a fat character. Noooo We have to make the fat character thin ...just like every other character in the damned movie. There are SO FEW fat characters in comics, tv, movies, etc that when there is an ACTUAL FAT CHARACTER like Amanda Waller and you replace her with a thin person it's just disgusting and stupid. Let's just ignore the fact that human beings come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and deny larger people ANY representation in the media unless they're a villain or a "sight gag". 

...Yeah. Great job, DC. Way to wreck an otherwise good movie with a crap ton of characters with too little focus on any of them because there are SO MANY, no real coherent storytelling, and robbing non-thin people of one of the few characters that represent them in the media. Excellent work all around, DC, and way to go for ruining the first and maybe only real Harley Quinn movie. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Unfortunately, that seems to be pretty typical of Hollywood.  And, it's not like there aren't any talented actresses that could have filled that role.  There are some amazingly talented actresses who meet the physical descriptions of that character.

Unfortunately, that seems to be pretty typical of Hollywood.  And, it's not like there aren't any talented actresses that could have filled that role.  There are some amazingly talented actresses who meet the physical descriptions of that character.

Exactly. Not only do they deny larger people representation in the media but they also deny larger actors the jobs in playing the roles they SHOULD be playing - instead paying THIN actors to play the roles of FAT characters. It's a double kick in the head to larger people - "no representation for you" and "no jobs for you". It's disgusting. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I have to agree with you on this one, I get so tired of seeing perfect people all of the time.  And then they wonder why our young people have body image issues and anorexia etc. 

I have to agree with you on this one, I get so tired of seeing perfect people all of the time.  And then they wonder why our young people have body image issues and anorexia etc. 

I definitely think that there is a lot of damage done to girls and boys self-esteem due to not having representation in the media. Or when they are represented they are represented in a negative way. 

I've been playing with FaceGen Artist free demo to make some new face textures. It's a lot of fun. :)

The full version (in the Daz Store) is a bit pricey. Hopefully it will get a DEEP discount so that I can eventually afford it. Because the price of $139 ($97.30 intro price) is just WAY out of my budget. It would be nice to have though, as the demo version only works for Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 (and puts on a big watermark) and doesn't work for Genesis 3. Being able to do face textures and shapes for Genesis 3 would be awesome. At that price though, I might be waiting a long time before I will see a price on it that I can work into my budget.