Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Yeh I bought it anyway too. Figured the author could use the 'surplus' for a cup of coffee and a healthy donut.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    havsm said:

Yeh I bought it anyway too. Figured the author could use the 'surplus' for a cup of coffee and a healthy donut.

Since it is a PC+ product DAZ owns it and gets all the profits. You could always file a help ticket and request the $2 difference.

Chohole said:

Can someone please check.   This should  be fixed now. 

The RDNA stuff seems to be fixed but some of the PC+ Jack Tomlin stuff still is not stacking.

Tomlin PC sale.jpg
    1626 x 692 - 94K
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2017

I'm dying of the cuteness today! Love the new toon stuff! Especially the nursery and those adorable baby poses. The dining room and toon food are great too. What great new ways to tell family stories. My little guys love the toons almost as much as I do. (I never grew up.)

Post edited by Llynara on
  • So why has almost all sales lately been buy multiple new releases and save extra on each, yet today when I want several of the toon releases they are just the normal 30%? I had made it over a week without a purchase too. Looks like today may be an expensive one though.

No idea. But the debut prices are pretty good. I'm guessing they'd just be higher if there was an additional discount.

FYI- some featured vendors are in the RDNA stacking sale and the discounts are very good on their toony items. Not sure if that will last long.

ROFLMAO: Check out the description under details for this fast grab item: http://www.daz3d.com/70-s-gym-uniform-for-genesis-3-female-s laughlaughlaugh

Looks like they never bothered to update it.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

ROFLMAO: Check out the description under details for this fast grab item: http://www.daz3d.com/70-s-gym-uniform-for-genesis-3-female-s laughlaughlaugh

Looks like they never bothered to update it.

This is from 2011. laugh http://www.daz3d.com/hospital-bed

• Llynara said:

No idea. But the debut prices are pretty good. I'm guessing they'd just be higher if there was an additional discount.

FYI- some featured vendors are in the RDNA stacking sale and the discounts are very good on their toony items. Not sure if that will last long.

Yep. I noticed that. Got some Unicorn items and Cookie stuff in my cart too. Those items are coming out at about 1.08 each with the stacking.

I picked up some nice hairs and clothes for Cookie and Chip (got the figures as well as the unicorns last week in Southern Charm sale.) I don't have Peaches or Pickles yet, but it looks like the Cookie and Chip products will fit them too. Never thought I'd get this into toons, but I really do love them. There are some nice sets for them in the RDNA stackup sale too. NGartplay has a cute Daisy Stage and Disturbia Hill, which would work well for some fun seasonal and/or whimsical renders.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    sueya said:

Yes it would be useful to have a script that placed a figure in a chosen position or place it near a selected prop so that you could instantly sit a figure on a chair or lean them against a pillar for example.

Another useful script:

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjcome

• Thanks for that link Kerya. I think that will help solve another one of my lingering complaints about DAZ content.  

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
    edited January 2017

Well, there IS another sale ... DAZ Originals together with a new release. But shouldn't this still be true For PC-members:

"Save an extra 30% on ALL Daz Original products - including new releases."

Several of DAZ Originals don't show this discount at the moment.

Edit: Seems it was just s short hiccup in the shop software. It's applied again now.

Post edited by cherpenbeck on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Well, there IS another sale ... DAZ Originals together with a new release. But shouldn't this still be true For PC-members:

"Save an extra 30% on ALL Daz Original products - including new releases."

Several of DAZ Originals don't show this discount at the moment.

Edit: Seems it was just s short hiccup in the shop software. It's applied again now.

Which ones are those,  as I have just gone back through several pages of DOs and they are all sowing discount for me.    Are you sure that you are fully logged in?

As I already stated, everything is back to normal, thanks.

Yes, must have happened while I was over in the store, going throught pages, and I just came back here and made my post without realising that it had just fixed itself for you.   Oh well,  I tried  

Chohole, I definitely appreciate that you always try to help.

• Where is this extra 30% sale? I've got an offer (on the normal sliding banner) of $12 off DAZ originals if I buy a new item for $10+ (got an email, too). That offer isn't very enticing, but might be with the extra 30%.

It's not a 30% off sale,  it's just remarking on the fact that PC members automagically get 30% off DOs.

• Oh, I see. Well DAZ should take another 30% off now, to save me from my embarrassment. It's only fair.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

That was odd, don't recall ever getting a sales email in the middle of the day that wasn't a daily promotion thing (just got one for $12 $10 DO free whatever.)

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500

Strangely enough, there's a bunch of DO Darius 7 items that are on discount right now...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    mtl1 said:

Strangely enough, there's a bunch of DO Darius 7 items that are on discount right now...

Example?

• The $12 off DO with $10 purchase doesn't seem to be playing nice with other discounts, like the 95% off Teen Josie 7 deal. It's discounting TJ7 to $0 from $2.25 (instead of ignoring it) and then not discounting other DO items properly so you aren't getting your full $12 credit.

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373

Tried to use the PC coupon with the Daz sale, but forgot they're averaged over all eligable items--including freebies. frown Ended up only getting the "freebie" with the coupon and paying the difference. Forgot it was one of those encrypted items. Only miffed that I'd blew my coupon on that. Oh well...

edited January 2017

The $12 off DO with $10 purchase doesn't seem to be playing nice with other discounts, like the 95% off Teen Josie 7 deal. It's discounting TJ7 to $0 from $2.25 (instead of ignoring it) and then not discounting other DO items properly so you aren't getting your full $12 credit.

Yeah, the way the site handles discounts is a little screwy. Think of it this way: there's the "list" price and "sale" price on the item page, then there's the "discount" price that's only calulated in the cart. It usually uses the "sale" price when checking coupon values and credits first, then applies the discount. Sometimes that works in your favor. Sometimes it doesn't. I got bit by that this time as well. The item page "sale" price for Josie 7 was over $12, so the cart thinks the entire credit was applied to it. Then, the combo 95% and $12 discount got applied.

Post edited by Semicharm on
  • Are there 95% off discounts active for base characters? I don't see anything about that in the promos on the shop's title page.

Are there 95% off discounts active for base characters? I don't see anything about that in the promos on the shop's title page.

http://www.daz3d.com/01-23-day-in-the-life

• Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any deep character discounts. 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Semicharm said:

Tried to use the PC coupon with the Daz sale, but forgot they're averaged over all eligable items--including freebies. frown Ended up only getting the "freebie" with the coupon and paying the difference. Forgot it was one of those encrypted items. Only miffed that I'd blew my coupon on that. Oh well...

Daz3d is making true on releasing the Encrypted only items after one year for DIM and Product library:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/89246/get-your-encrypted-daz-connect-content-here-thread/p1

I don't know which one you got, but the first list is alphabetical, the second by release date. If you are lucky, your product is going to be downloadable via DIM in the near future ...

This discussion has been closed.