Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• And it happened again!!!! My cart just doubled! Luckily I have screenshots of most of it. But EVERY time this happens, it's a huge hassle and I have to send a million screenshots to customer service who is wonderful, but still, what a pain!!! Not calm...

If the prices were an error you can't expect Daz to give you the difference between the error and the correct price.

This happens all too often  We should be able to expect them to honor their sales offerings.It was not a random glitch but the normal result of the Southern Charm RDNA Top Sellers and today's RDNA and PC+ sale stacking. Then all of a sudden after we posted about it DAZ decided to pull the RDNA Top Sellers from today's RDNA sale. If they choose to not honor the original listing then I chose to not purchase and we both loose.

I agree. Wasn't planning to buy anything, then said wow awesome deals. Half hour later with 60 plus items in my cart when they decided to change the sale. My Cart went from $40 to $80 then to an astronomical amount. I guess I'll keep my money and they'll keep the product for now. Went back to an empty cart with way too much time wasted.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,683
    edited January 2017

Ugh... It's just very time consuming...

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I think the term "stack up" was especially misleading this time around. Figured it was too good to be true (or get excited about) but almost pulled the trigger anyhow. What's that line from the Godfather III? "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"

And yeah, I had $30 worth of stuff turn into $100 and it was dumping time!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    edited January 2017

Yep, I dumped mine too. I got a reply from CS that this was glitch and the new prices were correct. No offer to honor the old prices. It definitely was not a glitch. It was what was advertised and should have been honored. Although it may have been a  mistake it should have been easily forseen with two sales both for RDNA. Overall I'm not happy angry

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500
    edited January 2017

The PC+ items are discounting at very odd rates. I popped a bunch of items in my cart: with 3 items, a Daz Original PC+ 4.99 item went to 2.69, while a 1.99 item went to 1.79?

???

edit: Also, most RuntimeDNA PC+ items are more expensive now, but I believe that was stated earlier in the thread.

Post edited by mtl1 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

If the prices were an error you can't expect Daz to give you the difference between the error and the correct price.

Can't reasonably expect, maybe. But quite often I've seen (on the forums, at least) DAZ respond to cries of "it's not fair" by honouring the error or making a glitch available officially.

Bitching and moaning seems to be taken as a negotiating position.

LOL

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited January 2017
    Novica said:

deleted double post

Post edited by firewarden on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited January 2017

And it happened again!!!! My cart just doubled! Luckily I have screenshots of most of it. But EVERY time this happens, it's a huge hassle and I have to send a million screenshots to customer service who is wonderful, but still, what a pain!!! Not calm...

Then all of a sudden after we posted about it DAZ decided to pull the RDNA Top Sellers from today's RDNA sale.

What do you expect if you post about it?  They do owe it to DAZ to report serious glitches. (Edit-Not trying to be snarky- you just need to consider they are looking out for the company's best interests) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

How on earth does i13 churn out so much content

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    lx said:

Take a close look at what you're buying. Barely change a pose and I mean barely, and it's a new pose. 

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    Novica said:
    lx said:

Take a close look at what you're buying. Barely change a pose and I mean barely, and it's a new pose. 

The poses sure but there's also a complete environment / room + a matching outfit coming out what seems like every week or two.

• Novica said:
    lx said:

There is so much overlap in pose sets that I have to look for something new or useful.  Sure, I can get something called "Cheeky Fashion" or "Society Girl" poses.  But, normally about 80% of the poses will overlap.  I really appreciate when I see a pose set  with useful looks that haven't already been replicated dozens of times.  I can't tell you how many times I've looked at collections labeled "Sexy, Alluring...etc." that seem to be only minimal variations of each other.  I sometimes wonder if it's just the same poses with different models and backgrounds.

A couple of notable and well done collections:  DM's Sensual Aiko 6, China Doll, Vogue Poses, Elven Archer 2, Manga Style for Aiko 6, and Pristine for G3.

Here's an idea for Daz:  Instead of selling pose sets of 25 or more for $12 (or possibly in addition to), set up a Pose Store with individual poses for $.50 - 1.00.  I know this goes against the bulk bargain idea.  But, it would mean that when I'm looking for a very specific pose, I could go to the Pose store and look at all the offerings in say, "standing female" and find exactly what I need for my collection.  It's true that my overall collection would be a lot smaller.  But, I would have that needed pose that would be worth the price to me.  Hopefully, this would prevent my filling up directories with lists of poses that I never use.

In truth, there are probably only 6 - 10 go to poses that I use 90% of the time to display my characters.  When I actually need a specific, story telling pose, I hunt through the hundreds that I have on my drive and usually end up with only a reasonable approximation that requires me to do half of the posing anyway.  I think I'd be okay with spending up to a dollar to be able to look at an online bank of thousands of poses and select the individual poses as I need them.

As to bargains:  In general, I like to buy G2 poses because they are easily converted to G3.  This is much more difficult to do in reverse.  I use Zev0 Pose Convertor...works perfectly.  So, I end up with poses for both G2 and G3.  For G3 poses, I usually buy heavily discounted items because of both the overlap in content and the difficulty in using with G2.

My wishlist for a really great posing and placement tool - a script or whatever plugin that allows you to mark a point in your scene with your mouse as a figure's stage mark and instantly places your figure's feet on that spot at the correct surface, so there are no hassles with the figure being buried below the buildings or landscape, furniture...etc.  I simply mark the point on my scene where the specific node (foot, hand, butt...etc.) needs to be and the script instantly puts it there.  This would work with other props as well and mean you wouldn't have to hunt for your figure in a complicated scene.  I think probably a variation on UltraScatter could make this work.  That would save me a huge amount of time over dragging the figure and guessing where she is located in 3D space, or trying to drag the dials.  Also, a good posing button to have would be a "rotate 90 degrees" single click command.  This would allow you to quickly rotate a figure when the selected pose puts it facing the wrong direction.  Or, how about a shortcut "Point At" button that doesn't require me to open all the sub nodes down to the eyes.  I could just type in "Point eyes at Camera 1."  Or it could be a one click, "Point Eyes at ( ).  As a character creator, I'd really like to be able to specify a materials directory...meaning instead of browsing for each individual part texture, I could specify where I want Daz to find all of the diffuse textures for a specific model BEFORE I start assigning individual surfaces.  It would auto look in my specified directory and make those textures available in the quick list when I push the "Materials Location" button.  But, I'm getting off the original topic.

Another great script would be one that lets you describe what pose you need.  "G3F(2) is pulling laundry out of the washing maching."  Then, the script attempts to match or create the proper pose according to which nodes have been selected.  Even if it only got 90% of the pose correct, it would speed up the process.  Just a few thoughts...

• sueyasueya Posts: 824
    edited January 2017
    Novica said:
    lx said:

My wishlist for a really great posing and placement tool - a script or whatever plugin that allows you to mark a point in your scene with your mouse as a figure's stage mark and instantly places your figure's feet on that spot at the correct surface, so there are no hassles with the figure being buried below the buildings or landscape, furniture...etc.  I simply mark the point on my scene where the specific node (foot, hand, butt...etc.) needs to be and the script instantly puts it there.  This would work with other props as well and mean you wouldn't have to hunt for your figure in a complicated scene.  I think probably a variation on UltraScatter could make this work.  That would save me a huge amount of time over dragging the figure and guessing where she is located in 3D space, or trying to drag the dials.  

Yes it would be useful to have a script that placed a figure in a chosen position or place it near a selected prop so that you could instantly sit a figure on a chair or lean them against a pillar for example.

The most annoying poses are the one that change the position of the figure. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Post edited by sueya on

Very excited to see that DarwinsMishap's Iain for Michael 7 is out today! That's a fantastic figure that I can highly recommend because I helped test Iain and have been playing with him for weeks. I'll be using Iain on my next Midwest book cover and for two of my superheroes. Very versatile guy! You can see a lot of him in my render thread in the art studio and also in my gallery.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,292
    sueya said:
    Novica said:
    lx said:

My wishlist for a really great posing and placement tool - a script or whatever plugin that allows you to mark a point in your scene with your mouse as a figure's stage mark and instantly places your figure's feet on that spot at the correct surface, so there are no hassles with the figure being buried below the buildings or landscape, furniture...etc.  I simply mark the point on my scene where the specific node (foot, hand, butt...etc.) needs to be and the script instantly puts it there.  This would work with other props as well and mean you wouldn't have to hunt for your figure in a complicated scene.  I think probably a variation on UltraScatter could make this work.  That would save me a huge amount of time over dragging the figure and guessing where she is located in 3D space, or trying to drag the dials.  

Yes it would be useful to have a script that placed a figure in a chosen position or place it near a selected prop so that you could instantly sit a figure on a chair or lean them against a pillar for example.

The most annoying poses are the one that change the position of the figure. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Yes, hold down the control key when you double click to apply the pose, and a pop-up box appears. Deselect the three translation options (ie X,Y and Z) in the box and then press Accept.

• mtl1 said:

The PC+ items are discounting at very odd rates. I popped a bunch of items in my cart: with 3 items, a Daz Original PC+ 4.99 item went to 2.69, while a 1.99 item went to 1.79?

You were getting the lower of the PC price (in your case with the 10% discount for a new item) and the stack-up price (with a 10% discount for a new item).

• Looks like I missed all the fun, and DAZ irritated a bunch of shoppers. 

Again. 

• Havos said:
    sueya said:
    Novica said:
    lx said:

Yes, hold down the control key when you double click to apply the pose, and a pop-up box appears. Deselect the three translation options (ie X,Y and Z) in the box and then press Accept.

Man, thank you for that!...I didn't know that option was available.  I guess that you'd have to know which poses do that...or, just hold down Control for all of them.

• Not to hijack this thread.  But, I did start a discussion about favorite pose packs if anyone has interest.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/142436/what-are-your-favorite-pose-packs

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373

I noticed that some of the items on my wishlist that are in the RDNA sale lost their PC+ discount. Went from 2.99 to up 4.99. :/

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 725
    edited January 2017
    lx said:

Extremis, obviously. 

(Okay, I'll show myself the door for that reference)

Novica said:
    lx said:

Or variations on a very similar theme (i.e. office buildings and San Francisco/New York white collar salary-level apartments). I'll only buy i13 content if there's new poses for Genesis 3 Male, simply because it's something different than sexy model poses where the women's spines obviously look horribly, horribly broken. Sometimes, i13 packs are the only way to get some of those types of non-model (male or female) poses. But yeah, it's pretty much why I don't really bother with most i13 or Zediccuss pose sets, tbh, but I digress.

(In fairness to i13, at least, they have put out some good 'every day' practical pose sets, so that's a plus. More every day stuff, please)

Anyhow, to get back on topic, I was tempted to get some stuff in the RDNA/PC+ sale last night, but after the EF-Acoustic Guitar jumped from $4.99 to $14.99, I decided eh, wasn't worth it right now and I'll just wait for the next Big RDNA Sale in a month or two. Plus I already spent my Save6 coupon earlier in the month, lmao. I'm getting to a point where, unless it's some kind of prop (with smart props), environment that I absolutely need for something, or a new product by SickleYield, I'm trying to cut back on my overall spending here this year... seeing how much I've spent total since 2011 was a very sobering and much-needed wake-up call. 

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    Finlaena said:
    lx said:

Anyhow, to get back on topic, I was tempted to get some stuff in the RDNA/PC+ sale last night, but after the EF-Acoustic Guitar jumped from $4.99 to $14.99, I decided eh, wasn't worth it right now and I'll just wait for the next Big RDNA Sale in a month or two. Plus I already spent my Save6 coupon earlier in the month, lmao. I'm getting to a point where, unless it's some kind of prop (with smart props), environment that I absolutely need for something, or a new product by SickleYield, I'm trying to cut back on my overall spending here this year... seeing how much I've spent total since 2011 was a very sobering and much-needed wake-up call. 

Yep it was probably good for me also. With DAZ changing the sale items midstream combined with the terms advertised in Saturday's email not being honored I'm not happy and not buying much anymore. If DAZ had honored their original sale or even posted an apology I might feel differently but as it is I'll save a lot of money.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited January 2017

Edited: nvm, DAZ just emailed me why my post was deleted.

I wish DAZ were somehow able to mark when stacking sales are intended and okay and when they're not meant, especially when prices are similar on many items to that in recent sales.

And I love the idea of buying single specific poses. Would also love sets of poses where you could choose to have women's chests NOT thrusting themselves skyward making every poses sexy and therefore useless for common day purposes.

Post edited by firewarden on
  • Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 725
    edited January 2017
    Finlaena said:
    lx said:

Yep it was probably good for me also. With DAZ changing the sale items midstream combined with the terms advertised in Saturday's email not being honored I'm not happy and not buying much anymore. If DAZ had honored their original sale or even posted an apology I might feel differently but as it is I'll save a lot of money.

At the very least, I wish they'd put more of an effort into putting the date/time the sale begins and ends on either the sale page or the rotating banner. Practically any business, online or brick-n-mortar, have the fine print that says that information or else you'd get loads of crabby customers (I worked in both retail and e-commerce, trust me, people get tetchy if they don't know the specifics of how long a sale lasts). Even Rendo has a calendar that shows how long a specific sale lasts for, and while I have plenty of grievances with them, I at least give them props for that. It just baffles me that Daz doesn't have something similar.

But yeah, it's a little disconcerting to see how things have been handled as of late. I even held off on RawArt's sale because there were so many other sales going on at the exact same time (especially ones that stacked on top of each other, incl. an additional discount off your entire order, IIRC), and I didn't want him to get the short end of the stick. I felt like maybe his sale should've been excluded from the additional discounts going on at the time, but that's just me. 

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
    edited January 2017

Wow, the discounts are really screwy on the RDNA stack up sale. We're supposed to get 3 or more for 2.99 each, plus extra 10% off with new release (2.69). Many are still showing up as 4.49. Makes it really easy to decide what not to get.

011917.JPG
    932 x 543 - 41K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500
    mtl1 said:

You were getting the lower of the PC price (in your case with the 10% discount for a new item) and the stack-up price (with a 10% discount for a new item).

That's what I meant: Why did the 4.99 items get the stack-up discount but the 1.99 didn't? Unless the 1.99 items don't qualify for the stack-up?

If that is indeed the case, then shouldn't that be explicitly stated somewhere?

• mtl1 said:
    mtl1 said:

That's what I meant: Why did the 4.99 items get the stack-up discount but the 1.99 didn't? Unless the 1.99 items don't qualify for the stack-up?

If that is indeed the case, then shouldn't that be explicitly stated somewhere?

There wasn't any stack-up discount for the $1.99 item - it's already under the lowest stack-up price. Or is there a not missing from your summary of what you got?

edited January 2017

What I don't understand is why the 1.99 items are even in the sale, when the offer is for 4.99 items that get cheaper when you buy more of them. Confusing!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,798
    Llynara said:

What I don't understand is why the 1.99 items are even in the sale, when the offer is for 4.99 items that get cheaper when you buy more of them. Confusing!

As I remember it, the sale requires you to buy 3 items to get everything at $2.99. So depending on what you wanted, buying a $1.99 item might be a good way to reach the 3 item threshold.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Llynara said:

This got me confused, too. Then I was reminded that not everyone is a PC member, and for them these items cost $10 normally. (How come not everyone is a PC member? :))

This discussion has been closed.