Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2017

Both good points. I forget there are non PC+ people in the universe. How is that possible? LOL

Post edited by Llynara on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,798
    Llynara said:

Both good points. I forget there are non PC+ people in the universe. How is that possible? LOL

It always comes as a shock to remember that there are still people in the world who haven't yet pledged to give ALL their money to DAZ. Just weird, really.

edited January 2017

surprise Say it isn't so! 

LOL it sounds like we belong to some strange cult!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    Llynara said:

It always comes as a shock to remember that there are still people in the world who haven't yet pledged to give ALL their money to DAZ. Just weird, really.

Can I rescind my pledge?

edited January 2017

Sorry, Charlie. It's like the Hotel Calfornia here:

"You can check in at time you like, but you just can't ever leave..."

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Llynara said:

Sorry, Charlie. It's like the Hotel Calfornia here:

"You can check in at time you like, but you just can't ever leave..."

We can't accept this answer without at least a render of Hotel California! :D

Ooh, a challenge! With or without Elvis???

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    edited January 2017
    Llynara said:

Ooh, a challenge! With or without Elvis???

Well we need the Eagles; but since there is a new Elvis outfit maybe you can work him in too.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited January 2017

Toony or non toony? That's the real question. And should there be aliens?

Llynara said:

And should there be aliens?

I'm surprised you even need to ask.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500
    mtl1 said:
    mtl1 said:

The PC+ items are discounting at very odd rates. I popped a bunch of items in my cart: with 3 items, a Daz Original PC+ 4.99 item went to 2.69, while a 1.99 item went to 1.79?

You were getting the lower of the PC price (in your case with the 10% discount for a new item) and the stack-up price (with a 10% discount for a new item).

That's what I meant: Why did the 4.99 items get the stack-up discount but the 1.99 didn't? Unless the 1.99 items don't qualify for the stack-up?

If that is indeed the case, then shouldn't that be explicitly stated somewhere?

There wasn't any stack-up discount for the $1.99 item - it's already under the lowest stack-up price. Or is there a not missing from your summary of what you got?

Basically what Llynara said:

Llynara said:

What I don't understand is why the 1.99 items are even in the sale, when the offer is for 4.99 items that get cheaper when you buy more of them. Confusing!

The $1.99 items are showing up in the current sale, which made it super confusing.

Llynara said:

And should there be aliens?

I'm surprised you even need to ask.

Shame on me! LOL

• After all that talk, I went and bought $20 worth of content today - so I could use my $6 coupon - and I didn't check the price history so one of the things was actually cranked up to double the price today after months at the lower price. 

Still, after all was said and done, it was $13 for $100 worth of content. But I regret that one purchase. I could have bought it yesterday for half the price, and added something else today to get me up over $18 so I could use the coupon. 

Gotta watch every angle in this store. 

• It was an RDNA item that didn't discount, too. *sigh*

If it makes you feel better, I spent more than $20 and ran out of coupons *ahem* a while ago! I almost bought the Little Ones Megapack. I really want that, but decided to wait since I don't need it immediately and I have plenty of toons to play with.

The things I do need are kind of weird. Like dance poses and anything Spanish/gypsy-looking for the next Midwest cover, Wilde in the Heart. I think I've got everything I need for my next superhero book. But who knows what they'll come out with tomorrow that I'll just have to have! (Elvis suits come to mind!)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Ati said:
    Llynara said:

What I don't understand is why the 1.99 items are even in the sale, when the offer is for 4.99 items that get cheaper when you buy more of them. Confusing!

This got me confused, too. Then I was reminded that not everyone is a PC member, and for them these items cost $10 normally. (How come not everyone is a PC member? :))

Items cost more, so one thinks longer and harder about purchasing, thus: saving money.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Ah I hate you I can't get Hotel California out of my head now.

Sorry, I'm ebul like that cheeky

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512
    Llynara said:

surprise Say it isn't so! 

LOL it sounds like we belong to some strange cult!

We are, try explaining what we do to none artsy people, they look at you like you are in a cult, LOL.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512
    lx said:

Ah I hate you I can't get Hotel California out of my head now.

Try stabbing it with your steely knife and see if you can kill the beast, LOL

• One smell of colitas, rising up in the air... 

;) 

Which would be a cheaper habit than being a DAZ addict, at this point. 

One smell of colitas, rising up in the air... 

Which would be a cheaper habit than being a DAZ addict, at this point. 

I correctly remembered that it's actually a "warm smell of colitas", rather than "one smell". But it had never occurred to me to wonder what 'colitas' is/are. A shocking lack of intellectual curiosity on my part, but now, thanks to the miracle of Google (and @donovancolbert) I know. We learn something every day.

I once heard a busker in Italy perform a version of "Hotel California" which sounded exactly like "Hotel California" but almost every word that he sang was wrong, apparently because his grasp of English was shaky and he'd learned it by ear without ever seeing the actual lyrics: near 100% phonetic match, close to 0% lexicographic match. 

• So, true story, more than a decade ago I was driving in Northern California with my wife, and a couple we were friends with. This guy happens to be a Mexican, and that is important to this story. We were listening to this song, and we wondered out loud, "What does he say there? One smell of collie dust?"

​And this guy goes, I don't think it is "collie dust. I think it is a Spanish word. It sounds like "colitas".

​And we go, "what is colitas?"

​And he thinks about it, and works out the root, and says, "Well, it is colas... which is tail..." so, this would be a diminutive (I didn't know what he was talking about, because I didn't know Spanish yet.)

So, it is "one smell of little tail rising up in the air..."

And we laughed, and laughed, and laughed... and said, "that can't be right..."

​Later on, I found out "little tails," is a spanish colloquialism for "fox tails," and that "fox tails," is Spanish slang for marijuana flowers.

​So, he was right all along, after a fashion. :) Muy mi divertido con este colita...

LMAO! I love all my DAZ shopping friends. We talk about the craziest stuff here!

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited January 2017

After being way, too busy the last few days I had to get caught up. You guys are way too funny. LOL

Post edited by Liana on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    sueya said:

Yes it would be useful to have a script that placed a figure in a chosen position or place it near a selected prop so that you could instantly sit a figure on a chair or lean them against a pillar for example.

I think mCasual has a script like that ... maybe this one:

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcj

You could ask him here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12108/script-mcjdroptotop-in-a-few-clicks-move-an-object-to-the-top-of-another

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

So now there's a fantasy creator creator pack to go with the undead creature creator pack which gives you detailed things like

• Fantasy Body01
    • Fantasy Skin01

Am I misremembering or was it all a lot simpler and more complete in the past? I don't really understand what I'm meant to do with a scaled body shape when basically all the textures are pretty girls and the occasional vampire. Where are the non hag fantasy creatures? Are tails going to be sold separately?

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Not enough versatility. This new creature creator does nothing my older creature creators can't do. I'll stay with Genesis / Genesis 2 for the moment.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

So, true story, more than a decade ago I was driving in Northern California with my wife, and a couple we were friends with. This guy happens to be a Mexican, and that is important to this story. We were listening to this song, and we wondered out loud, "What does he say there? One smell of collie dust?"

​And this guy goes, I don't think it is "collie dust. I think it is a Spanish word. It sounds like "colitas".

​And we go, "what is colitas?"

​And he thinks about it, and works out the root, and says, "Well, it is colas... which is tail..." so, this would be a diminutive (I didn't know what he was talking about, because I didn't know Spanish yet.)

So, it is "one smell of little tail rising up in the air..."

And we laughed, and laughed, and laughed... and said, "that can't be right..."

​Later on, I found out "little tails," is a spanish colloquialism for "fox tails," and that "fox tails," is Spanish slang for marijuana flowers.

​So, he was right all along, after a fashion. :) Muy mi divertido con este colita...

According to the wiki:

The term "colitas" in the first stanza ("warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air") has been interpreted as a sexual slang or a reference to marijuana. "Colitas" means "little tails" in Spanish; in Mexican slang it refers to buds of the cannabis (marijuana) plant.

So that sounds about right. I learned something new today. lol

That's such a haunting song, really kind of creepy if you listen to the lyrics closely enough. 

• The Eagles were kind of the Nickleback of their time. Everyone claimed they hated them, but they sure kept selling an awful lot of records. :) 

This discussion has been closed.