Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Thank you!

• Did a "just for fun" one...

• Wonderful promo render. She's beautiful.

Great attitude and poses in the fun render. Better not get in their way.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Love it! Don't mess with the lady of the house!

• lol, or the men.  

They're just there to look pretty. cheeky

• No problem- I haven't done 3DL in a long time, but I can help with at least creating the maps.  ;)

Thanks that is going to be a great help to me!!!laugh

Let me know what you want to start with... I have some V4 textures I can work with that are unfortunately not available anymore, but the process is the same.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

No problem- I haven't done 3DL in a long time, but I can help with at least creating the maps.  ;)

Let me know what you want to start with... I have some V4 textures I can work with that are unfortunately not available anymore, but the process is the same.

I would love to start with the basics of skin texturing!!

I just want to learn all I can about how to get started with some good skin maybe even learn how to do tan skins with some tan lines giggles!!

• No problem- I haven't done 3DL in a long time, but I can help with at least creating the maps.  ;)

I would love to start with the basics of skin texturing!!

I just want to learn all I can about how to get started with some good skin maybe even learn how to do tan skins with some tan lines giggles!!

If you guys get into a bind trying to figure out how to transfer what DM is doing in PS to Gimp, let me know.  I might be able to help out with that.

• Thank you, KM! I appreciate it. I need to figure out how to get something started- I may work on a new G3- the process is the same whether it is V4 or G3M or F.

Yay! It was very exciting to wake up and see him in the banner! Congratulations. He's a wonderful character and I hope he sells really well! Thanks for letting me test him. That was so much fun. laugh

• Thank you for doing it!  I enjoyed the results. XD

LOL. I think I tortured that poor guy but it was a lot of fun! 

• So, taking a quick break from making things- I'm experimenting.  Using Oubre for G2M in my store (which I haven't rended with in awhile! bad creator) I'm testing out the new way I'm doing character sets on him.  So, here's the pre-tweaking. Out of the box with bloodied face with make up option and the dirtied, bloody body option in the Yakuza pants and the Viking hair on him.  Simple light set-up and a low lit HDRI.

When I get home, I'll post the tweaked version- I'm rendering a mid-version atm with just the base changes.  That will get posted as the mid-point tweak.

• Okay- that rendered quicker than I thought it would.

So-mid-point tweaking changes.........everything.  Lots to work on!

• Heck, I'll test out Talon for G2M, too.  What the hey.  Rendering the Drow version atm.

• Talon-drow, out of box with tats.

edited January 2017

Ewww, Oubre really needs a bath. The blood is a bit much for me, but I'm sure he'll look great updated (for G3M, I'm guessing?)

Where is Talon? I don't see him in your store here. Is he over at Rendo? How did I miss that you have a Drow guy???

Duh, nevermind. Forgot to look over at Rendo. Have you thought of updating Macabre for G3F? She looks very cool!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

On my way over to Rendo now.  Wow Talon looks amazing!

And, I actually like all the blood (I know, sounds awful doesn't it lol) because lets face it, if you are in a real battle and killing things, there's gonna be blood.  Now, I wouldn't want to use it for everything but there are times when its nice to have the option without having to paint it in.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071
    edited January 2017

Thank you both!

Well, I was going to test out the old skins with the new way I do them now and see how they'd work.  I hadn't thought about upgrading to G3.  Talon's skins are strictly for G2, but I may have a G3 skin that might work.  As for Macabre, I may just shift her make up options to Sol instead of upgrading her completely?  Dunno.

So, Talon's Drow and Normal skins just tossed into the base shader system I use for the new guys (and gals).  

The drow skin went way, way dark.  Out of the two, I think if I were to upgrade, I'd probably work on Talon for G3 rather than Oubre.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

That drow skin is harder to tell the difference, just because of how it absorbs the light, but you can tell a huge difference on his normal skin. The new shaders look great! I really like how the skin on your last few characters have looked. Seems to translater well to Talon too.

I picked up Talon yesterday.  Even though I am not supposed to be buying anything, I couldn't resist.  The darkers skins are gorgeous and I have a real soft spot for the drow anyway.  The new skin looks really good as well.

• Thank you!  It was interesting seeing the difference between the two- unfortunately, Talon's skin base cannot be transferred to G3M, but I might have a skin set I can work with to transfer over to G3, just have to work the morphs.  Eh, it was a good break from trying to continue on with the other two for now.  Need to get back to Sol and the other projects.

Sometimes a short break to do something else helps to focus when we go back to it.

• Very true!

So- for our texture idea; Rory for G3M.  Just got the facial morphs (may need a bit of tweaking) and he's wearing Iain's skin atm.  I'll post Evan's head when he's "fleshed out" as it were.  We can choose between A or B to do the basic workflow for your V4.

• I'll post Evan tomorrow when I get his morphs finaled- I'm beat.  Have the base, but it's no good if it's not complete. :)

• Evan's full morphs (with ears) and wearing my William's skin set:

• I love the ears!  Nice touch! :)

This discussion has been closed.