Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2017

That's probably a good idea. I don't know about you, but I find I spend way too much time on backgrounds and tweaking sets when I start getting creative. That's why I keep sticking people in the Alchemy Chasm. It's a good background that works well with DOF and doesn't take much memory. Some day I'll add Iray shaders to it. Right now I'm lazy and DOF hides many of the imperfections. Working on lights instead!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited January 2017

As for types of skins- I'll look through what I have, and what I've used for V4 and get back to you with some tips as well. What programs do you have to make them in?  Gimp, Photoshop, Blacksmith3D?

I have GIMP to make them in. 

EDITED TO ASK: Do you start with templates and if you do where do you get them?

Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

As for types of skins- I'll look through what I have, and what I've used for V4 and get back to you with some tips as well. What programs do you have to make them in?  Gimp, Photoshop, Blacksmith3D?

If you're going to start teaching classes, sign me up.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I have the old world chamber its beautiful!

I don't know she kind of looks like she is looking up through her eyelashes.  Maybe not good for a promo render but rather interesting.  Love the tats.  Of course lol.

I would sign up for that class too.  I don't have any real interest in becoming a vendor and I have a fair idea of how its done I think. I mostly just like to know so I can do it myself if I want to lol.  I've already started to play around with make up textures on the actual texture file (saving the originals first of course) and I have some merchant resources for make up as well that I want to play with.

• As for types of skins- I'll look through what I have, and what I've used for V4 and get back to you with some tips as well. What programs do you have to make them in?  Gimp, Photoshop, Blacksmith3D?

I don't use Gimp, but hopefully the processes aren't too different from Photoshop.

Daz used to host the templates on site; http://snowsultan.com/seam-guides/ is another place to go for not just V4 templates, but other figures as well.  You can DL V4 templates from Snow Sultan's site.  Save the zip somewhere!  Just in case.  I have all of them on an external.  I have them somewhere on the runtime from DS3A; though the search came up with nothing.  I know they should be hosted somewhere in the runtime.

You can start on texture creating without them- it's just easiser at times to work with make up and know how your maps meet, even though you can get a decent idea by using another texture as an idea.

You can search here or the other site for Merchant Resources and go from there, but most of the V4's have disappeared by this point.  I would suggest Sarsa from here to start with, since Sarsa's are fairly decent.  Look for eyes as well, since most of the MR's with base skins come with reflections baked into the maps, or you can diligently paint them out with the copy or heal brush and other parts of the iris.  Thing to remember as well-most do not come with bump, spec, normals, etc.  Those willl have to be done on your own.

Will this be for 3Delight or Iray?

• Oh- I did look through the few V4 sets I have and unfortunately none of them are available anymore, here or on the other site.  Which is sad, because they were nice.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

So I stopped this at 67% converged.   Didn't realize the bikini actually had emitter settings on the materials until after- hence the glow at her neck.  Lips are better, still need to work on them a bit, but they have the same gloss as the skin now to give the no make up look.  Added a beauty mark and some freckles just 'cuz. Now, onto a fun render.  Dunno what it'll be, but darn it, I'mma gonna make one.

I have to say I really LOVE those freckles.  Those and the imperfections in her skin make her look very real.  Excellent. 

• Sol is really coming along nice. Really love her skin.

Wauw and you had time to make a character for Genevieve :O Don't you ever sleep ? 

Really like her ,great skin and tats...Do we get to see her dialed in on the Base female only : Pretty please ? 

Not really in my budget atm to get Genevieve.

• Thank you very much!

and........somedays I sleep.  I'll do a close up of her face without Gen, and then a 3/4 so you can see the base body morphs as well.  As usual, the morph packs will have the base morphs (Head is custom, body is from G3F Body Morph Packs) separate from the morphs with Genevieve's

• Here is the custom head morph only-no Genevieve in her.

I think she looks great even without the Genevieve morphs, almost like a different person. Another versatile character, Darwin! You're on a roll! 

I don't use Gimp, but hopefully the processes aren't too different from Photoshop.

Daz used to host the templates on site; http://snowsultan.com/seam-guides/ is another place to go for not just V4 templates, but other figures as well.  You can DL V4 templates from Snow Sultan's site.  Save the zip somewhere!  Just in case.  I have all of them on an external.  I have them somewhere on the runtime from DS3A; though the search came up with nothing.  I know they should be hosted somewhere in the runtime.

You can start on texture creating without them- it's just easiser at times to work with make up and know how your maps meet, even though you can get a decent idea by using another texture as an idea.

You can search here or the other site for Merchant Resources and go from there, but most of the V4's have disappeared by this point.  I would suggest Sarsa from here to start with, since Sarsa's are fairly decent.  Look for eyes as well, since most of the MR's with base skins come with reflections baked into the maps, or you can diligently paint them out with the copy or heal brush and other parts of the iris.  Thing to remember as well-most do not come with bump, spec, normals, etc.  Those willl have to be done on your own.

Will this be for 3Delight or Iray?

Thanks for the heads up I do have a couple of templates of skins I could tinker with till I can afford to get some MRs skins. I will check out Snowsultans site and go from there.

I am going to start with 3Delight then tackle IRay later on when my IRay wisdom gets much better.

• No problem- I haven't done 3DL in a long time, but I can help with at least creating the maps.  ;)

No problem- I haven't done 3DL in a long time, but I can help with at least creating the maps.  ;)

Thanks that is going to be a great help to me!!!laugh

• Wauw she looks great without Genevieve. Thank you ! 

Another stunning and versatile character.

• Thank you!  I'll post another soon- just updated things.

• A little 'tude:

OMG, gorgeous! I think she looks better than Genevieve! And there's definitely a little bit of a Catherine Zeta-Jones thing going on there.

• She is really beautiful  and great bodymorphs too 

• Thank you!  I'll post the main promo idea, but then it'll have to do until I get them done.   The less time I'm here means the more I get done. lol- that and it leaves the pc for rendering only instead of using it for added windows, etc.  I do appreciate it a great deal!

• A teaser- this'll take an hour or so, if not more, to render so I'm gonna head off and get other stuff done around here. :) Mainly, spend time with my s/o.

Aww, beautiful!

• Thank you!  For some reason, however, the portion of the scalp is casting shadows on her face.  I've had to stop the render 3 times now to see if I can fix it without taking it out completely.  That'd suck.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Just stopping in for a quick peak.  Important to spend time with our loved ones.  On an all day date with hubby and just stopped by to pick up our dinner gift cards.  Looks wonderful!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Here is the custom head morph only-no Genevieve in her.

Looks great! I'm such a sucker for freckles and skin "imperfections". Just gives such a great level of realism. Really lovely! :D

• Gee, I stay off the forums for the day and it gets crazy busy in here.  I like the new girl.  Very pretty.  I like both with and without Genevieve so I guess that makes her extra versatile. :)

• Thank you!  Putting up more promo renders for the night.  Ended up having to paint over the hair a bit and switch up the lighting in that promo, but in the end I think I got it.

• Promised I'd show it- Promo!

• That is a gorgeous promo!  I love it. :)

Absolutely stunning! 

This discussion has been closed.