The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Hungover. That is my complaint nao :)

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024
    MistyMist said:

is why i wont touch the 'diabetic' farmasooticals.  in my mind is linked to pancreatic cancer.

Well.. I have to admit, I'd probably not be here if it wasn;t for insulin.... 3 shots a day is a small price to pay....

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited January 2017

...for me, one of the upsides of being broke and not being able to afford celebrating last night.  Had a couple glasses of wine with crackers and brie. while working on things and turned in before 01:00.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

is why i wont touch the 'diabetic' farmasooticals.  in my mind is linked to pancreatic cancer.

Well.. I have to admit, I'd probably not be here if it wasn;t for insulin.... 3 shots a day is a small price to pay....

...while I cringe at the thought having to take several shots every day, the oral medications tend to really mess me up.  Fortunately I am very borderline. 

Having to feel sick to my gut everyday to the point I don't want to do anything is not living.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

...while I cringe at the thought having to take several shots every day, the oral medications tend to really mess me up.  Fortunately I am very borderline. 

Having to feel sick to my gut everyday to the point I don't want to do anything is not living.

Having almost lost a very good friend to a diabetic coma I do agree that it is far better to take advice from the Doctors and then abide by it and foloow the guidelines, diet regimes and medical advice given.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

To be perfectly honest, the newer pen needles are pretty thin at 32 guage and are so sharp, they really don't hurt at all.  .. The older syringes could be a bit, well, hurty...  so, Type 1, 67 and still here, not complaining at all..

kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thinkin bout getting a goza / tatami mat to sit on floor for xbox play time.

reviewers sayin straw smell strong,  would imagin would smell nice?

tee hee

toilet paper holder

edited January 2017

well, is 2-Jan-2017

my favorite date notation, i use at work, may catch on

Post edited by Mistara on

seeing bamboo floor mats, can that be comfy?

you'll hafta take off your shoes iffn yoo come over to visit smiley

tuckered out cleaning, crap all over the floor.  stuff to carry out to trash bins.
    my feet swollen cant get my sneakers on, ouchie >.<

getting rid of my hodge-podge, gonna replace with a few pieces that work together in a theme motif, like bamboo.

euro kitchen sounds kewl, dunno what it is exactly.

no beer tnite, plain seltzer water.

need a couple end tables for my new ikea lamps. is floor lamps, but needs to be higher and more watts lightbulbs

edited January 2017

..well, Green Bay came through tonight to win the Division after looking like they'd never make it this far.

Yeah I know, "sports". When you feel you have little going right with the world in your life, sometimes a win by your favourite team can keep you hoping there good things that can happen.  OK, I know, schmaltzy as all get out, but that is the era I come from and for me, it still works.

Bugger I miss Ed.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    Tjohn said:

And that's a surprise?  He is preserved...pickled...hel'll keep kicking!   laugh 

Dana

MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:

...not going anywhere tonight being I am totally broke as it is the end of the month.  Had to ride the bus more than usual because of all the cold icy weather and even needed to take a cab on one occasion.  Probably for the better, as I don't have to deal with a lot of drunk people, especially those who get behind the wheel.  I have a bottle of ,wine brie, crackers, and some of my special "rheumatis medicine". Don't need much more.

does it rhyme with luksusowa?

i did one guiness, now i'm on yo hot tea with hazelnut creamer.

mebbe a nip of the eggnog angel

...not exactly.  Let's just say three letters C...B...D.

Charlie Band Daniels?

...umm not exactly.  Lets just say I live in one of the few states where I can get it...legally.

dohhhh  i is soo moving to Oregon

bone gnomes never stop ouching me

Massachusetts is much closer to you!

Dana

Happy New Year, everyone!  Been kind of busy with family and such.  Not online much lately.

Dana

MistyMist said:

thinkin bout getting a goza / tatami mat to sit on floor for xbox play time.

reviewers sayin straw smell strong,  would imagin would smell nice?

I'm sitting on a big Tatami mat right now, it did have a kinda outdoorsy smell for a week or so while it was new but must be eight or nine years old now & there's nothing weird about it at all, except it isn't showing any signs of wear at all :)

MistyMist said:

well, is 2-Jan-2017

That;s kinda European and good for ordered lists, can't get by without good lists :)

edited January 2017
    DanaTA said:

Happy New Year, everyone!  Been kind of busy with family and such.  Not online much lately.

Dana

No place like home....

HNY.jpg
    650 x 366 - 44K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    kyoto kid said:

..well, Green Bay came through tonight to win the Division after looking like they'd never make it this far.

Yeah I know, "sports". When you feel you have little going right with the world in your life, sometimes a win by your favourite team can keep you hoping there good things that can happen.  OK, I know, schmaltzy as all get out, but that is the era I come from and for me, it still works.

Bugger I miss Ed.

+1

edited January 2017
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

Having almost lost a very good friend to a diabetic coma I do agree that it is far better to take advice from the Doctors and then abide by it and foloow the guidelines, diet regimes and medical advice given.

Used to share a house with a diabetic type 1 prone to getting wobbly, was a bit scary from time to time cos the symptoms come on so fast

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2017
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

Used to share a house with a diabetic type 1 prone to getting wobbly, was a bit scary from time to time cos the symptoms come on so fast

Yeah   diabetes is not something to play around with.  I also remember when another friend was allowed (by his wife) to come on a group camp with us when we were Re-enacting.  I had a whole list of things I could or could not give him from normal camp fire cooking  and I think if she had had a chance she would have checked my car boot to make sure that the right things were included. She wasn't going to fully trust either him or I to be sensible with her nagging.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

Yeah   diabetes is not something to play around with.  I also remember when another friend was allowed (by his wife) to come on a group camp with us when we were Re-enacting.  I had a whole list of things I could or could not give him from normal camp fire cooking  and I think if she had had a chance she would have checked my car boot to make sure that the right things were included. She wasn't going to fully trust either him or I to be sensible with her nagging.

I try to follow Dr.'s orders but for an old southern boy like me, I have to have the occasional biscuit "n" sausage gravy breakfast™ or life just doesn't seem worth living.smiley

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,123
    edited January 2017
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

well, is 2-Jan-2017

That;s kinda European and good for ordered lists, can't get by without good lists :)

Yes, I adopted YearMonthDay (eg: 20161225) as my computer date scheme as soon as I had a need to sort a computer list by date (a half century ago).  However, when manually writing on paper I still use Mo/Da/Yr  (12/25/16)  it's built into my genes.

But when using YearMonthDay you have to remember to use leading zeros so that all dates are 8 characters and will sort properly without complex sorting rules.enlightened(eg: today is 20170102)

I'd use "Star Dates" from Star Trek but I haven't figured them out yet and I think they're linked to the time/space thing.surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,123
    edited January 2017
    Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

I try to follow Dr.'s orders but for an old southern boy like me, I have to have the occasional biscuit "n" sausage gravy breakfast™ or life just doesn't seem worth living.smiley

Yeah, my father was hooked on "Biscuit 'n' Sausage Gravy" breakfasts right up to the day he died at 84 when he died leaving the restaurant and tipping over his powered wheelchair after having a breakfast of biscuit and sausage gravy. surprise

I don't like the biscuits (American biscuits) but still enjoy the sausage gravy on fried potatoes.  My cardiologist admonishes me for it but then I tell him about the "Liver & Onions" binges (cholesterol heaven) I go on.  devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586

I found my glass cleaner and cleaned my glasses.   Now to see if I can find my QTips.

• Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

Yeah, my father was hooked on "Biscuit 'n' Sausage Gravy" breakfasts right up to the day he died at 84 when he died leaving the restaurant and tipping over his powered wheelchair after having a breakfast of biscuit and sausage gravy. surprise

I don't like the biscuits (American biscuits) but still enjoy the sausage gravy on fried potatoes.  My cardiologist admonishes me for it but then I tell him about the "Liver & Onions" binges (cholesterol heaven) I go on.  devil

In the explanation I saw once, Stardate was actually tied to the episode's series/season.

biscuits and gravy!!!heartheartheart

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

Sausage gravy is also good ladled over scrambled eggs. Almost anything really except dessert. devil

MistyMist said:

biscuits and gravy!!!heartheartheart

...and you can now enjoy that great flavour wherever you go. 

Tjohn said:
    Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

Sausage gravy is also good ladled over scrambled eggs. Almost anything really except dessert. devil

...had a friend make a Biscuits and Gravy pizza, and it was surprisingly very good (the gravy took the place of the traditional red sauce). 

Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    hacsart said:
    MistyMist said:

...for me it's hotcakes smothered in real butter and drowned with real maple syrup with a "healthy" side of saussages.

This discussion has been closed.