Post Your Toon Generations 2 renders

nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
edited December 2016 in The Commons

The new Toon Generations 2 figures, based on Genesis 3, are great.

Here is the female toon wearing the real-world Urban Angel for Genesis 3 Female(s) outfit.

Post edited by nDelphi on

Comments

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 2016

I love toons and my monthly is gonna go towards this stuff for a while in 2017. Can't wait to see those expressions on g3f and g3m, much less the cool options- two sets of toon folk!

Post edited by Ikyoto on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016

Ooh, just dropped some dough on toons. Won't be able to play with them for a little while but will certainly post when I do. There are some incredible deals today on the toons, especially if you do the extra 10% off with two new items from the Bring Out the Beast sale.

And the backwards compatibility with the original set is great too: 

• Toon Generations (original) Clone shape for Genesis 3 Male enables original Toon Generations content to be loaded and automatically converted to fit the new Genesis 3 Male figure
    • Toon Generations (original) Clone shape for Genesis 3 Female enables original Toon Generations content to be loaded and automatically converted to fit the new Genesis 3 Female figure
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

I have waited and saved alll month for these !!!I and OMG!!! they are here and I can play!!!

• Grabbed them as soon as I saw them.  :)  Saved up for the full bundle and the morphs.  Other addons that come out for it will have to wait.  Darn it!  lol

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845

Llynara, I just used auto-fit from Generation 1 clothing and it works OK. I like how it retains the morphs and doesn't automatically adds smoothing.

I grabbed them all, as well.

• thenotoriousjedthenotoriousjed Posts: 397
    edited December 2016

A quick test of my new favorite toon product.

I dialed in the toon gen male and female at 50% and set the aging dial at 50%. The male has 25% George added. The female has Aiko added at 50%. No other tweaks. I used the 3delight skin that came with each and the render was done in 3delight. I think these guys are great and will be very versatile. The guy is wearing a toon gen 1 outfit. It fit well, just had to dial up the expand all morph to cut doen on poke through.

toon gen 2.png
    1000 x 1000 - 499K
    Post edited by thenotoriousjed on
  • @nDelphi  Too cute!  I got the base morphs for now.  I won't get a chance to play with them until later this evening.  But, they look just as good as I had hoped they would.  I'm looking forward to having my crack at them later.  That outfit looks pretty good!

@thenotoriousjed  Good to know the Gen 1 toon stuff will work as I have some of that.

So far, they look just as good as expected.  :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I just bought the entire mega bundle & morph shapes extension too although since I am a 1 and 1/2 into a CPU render I can't try them out. This bundle is to perfect base product to start with, if like me, you own FaceGen Pro and want to turn pictures into unique caricatures. It's great.

@nonesuch00 I remember you saying you'd been waiting for these! Finally the day is here! I expect to see lots of awesome renders from you!

@nDelphi - that's great to know the older stuff works! I picked up Star 2.0 and a bunch of her older stuff when she came out for the same reason. And I LOVE that you can mix these with the other G3s!

... if like me, you own FaceGen Pro and want to turn pictures into unique caricatures. It's great.

Caricatures, hmmm....

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Any thoughts on the environment, one can put them in? I've also waited long for the release of them. So glad, they are finally appeared in the store.

• JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144
    edited December 2016
    Post edited by JackReason on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I didn't realize at first the one product included the morphs for both the male and female or that it was for  genesis 3, so just figured to get the mega bundle like I did with the original toon generations, so I'm curious since I can't really afford the bundle if I just cave in and get the morphs or the morphs and hair or just go for the bundle if it will give the most out of the product,  I'm assuming the normal clothes and hair will look out of place on the toon characters at least without shaders 

Llynara said:

@nonesuch00 I remember you saying you'd been waiting for these! Finally the day is here! I expect to see lots of awesome renders from you!

@nDelphi - that's great to know the older stuff works! I picked up Star 2.0 and a bunch of her older stuff when she came out for the same reason. And I LOVE that you can mix these with the other G3s!

I intend to do old time famous people but you could do modern famous folk too; I'm just not that familiar with modern famous people. I will try to make caricatures from Star Wars '77 if I can as that's the only Star Wars I've seen and it's a show I think most people now what the main characters look like.

edited December 2016

Aww, that's adorable! 

Artini said:

Any thoughts on the environment, one can put them in? I've also waited long for the release of them. So glad, they are finally appeared in the store.

I would think many here would work. There are a few on sale in 3D Universe's store, including Skull Cove and Sandy Bay Seaside Village. Ranch Pavilion is free this week (new PC+ item.) Looks like it would make a good place for a cookout or camping trip. There's that Toon-2-Real Comfy Family Room that came out a couple of weeks ago with Patty. Some of the older PC+ sets would probably work very well. Any of the outdoor sets would look good, like the one above. Jack Tomlin's sets come to mind, along with those "Curious" sets which are slightly askew and very whimsical.

edited December 2016

Llynara said:

I intend to do old time famous people but you could do modern famous folk too; I'm just not that familiar with modern famous people. I will try to make caricatures from Star Wars '77 if I can as that's the only Star Wars I've seen and it's a show I think most people now what the main characters look like.

Ooh, can't wait to see what you come up with! 

• I am wondering how they genX as I use Genesis 2 and below mostly as I use Carrara.

I got the littleones heavily discounted and know they do not transfer only the heads which are huge.

I believe its a scaling issue.

Like the scene here. It's a bit like yards and gardens in these parts.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 2016

Only had  a few minutes to play with them so far, but it looks like they're going to be one of my main toon sets for the next little while.

Here's the male and female, 25% Toon Gen2 each, Age set to 16, and the male has 50% Guy and the female 50% Girl7. The female's suit is from 3djoji's Toon Generations Little Heroes collection (awesome bodysuits, boots, belts and gloves that autofit very well from the first generation to this).

First thoughts: I'd like thinner eyebrows on the male, and I'll probably wind up PhotoShopping out the Tumbler Nose on all of texture maps.

Very, very happy with this pack. I'd snap up another dozen male Toon hair styles as well, if they existed. 

-- Walt Sterdan

Gen-3-GenToons-(girl-and-guy)-00.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 31K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2016

Meet Pinky, my first toon render ever. And look! LIE makeup works great on the toons! Will do some wilder stuff next, she's just got lipstick, eyeliner and some glitter options on. She's wearing the On the Fringe outfit and I used a dance pose set I had for G3F. Everything seems to fit and work very well. Changed the diffuse color of the gray eyebrows to match her hair. Having fun! The shaders, especially for the hair, are fantastic.

Pinky.png
    1500 x 1332 - 992K
  • CrescentCrescent Posts: 319
    edited December 2016

Thanks for the idea of mixing The Girl / The Guy in.  The facial style matches well and the resulting body shapes are a little less stylized but still toony.  Here's a quick render where I was playing with postwork styles.

Toon1b-test.jpg
    644 x 600 - 82K
    Post edited by Crescent on
    edited December 2016

One more for tonight, will play more this weekend. Here's "Adventure Pinky". Just a test render. Lighting needs tweaking. Stopped around 80% rendered, so it's a little grainy. She's got the Adventure Girl outfit on, plus a LIE lace face mask and lipstick (had to turn off the eyebrows, they poke through the mask.) The eyes are Paris' Macro Eyes. I increased the iris size by 10%. She's in a Mei Lin fight pose and has a Victoria 7 Attitude expression. Because why not mix it up? 

Pinky2.png
    1500 x 1332 - 792K
  • it comes to $48 in my cart with the extra discount so tempting except the Aussie dollar is abysmal but unless I can use it with GenX on Genesis 2 and genesis I best leave it alone, nobody has tried it and I cannot afford to risk it as hate returning stuff especially on sale. sad

I can try it tomorrow if you like. I have GenX but I'm not that great with it. 

Love the results! 

Crescent said:

Thanks for the idea of mixing The Girl / The Guy in.  The facial style matches well and the resulting body shapes are a little less stylized but still toony.  Here's a quick render where I was playing with postwork styles.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

How well do they transfer to G2 with GenX2?

I don't do G3, so I look for that compatibility. And while the normal obstacle is HD morphs, well... this doesn't seem to be the kind of stuff where HD is going to be a problem.

• Llynara said:

I can try it tomorrow if you like. I have GenX but I'm not that great with it. 

yes

yeah sadly as a Carrara user its my only way to use Genesis 3 content, the morphs and clothes etc at least not skins.

Nice renders. I like the post work style, Crescent.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    nDelphi said:

Nice renders. I like the post work style, Crescent.

I agree, it's a very nice effect Crescent, I'd love to see more.

@Llynara: Pinky looks great, very lively! Her debut pict especially is so dynamic!

@nDelphi: love her expression... and the cat! Very cute!

@thenotoriousjed: Mixing George in is great, I may have to pick him up; the characters look interesting without the eyebrows. I especially love how the clone gives us access to so much clothes for Genesis3, it feels like an extra Christmas present.

@JackReason: Love the garden and especially the bird, very nicely done. The expression matches perfectly!

-- Walt Sterdan

• Crescent said:

Hi Crescent,

I am still sitting on the fence regarding purchasing these toon characters, but really impressed with the postwork you did in these examples to give a shaded drawn character look. I particularly like the first lighter shaded picture couple. I would be very interested to know what postwork you did and with what software to achieve this effect.

Many thanks.

smiley