Post Your Toon Generations 2 renders

Comments

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited December 2016
    MJ007 said:

Im actually surprised TG2 is being received so well given it doesnt have the same style as TG.

-MJ

These figures have been previewed for months. Their new look isn't a surprise for 3D Universe fans. 

Post edited by 3D Universe on
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 2016

Hi,

I really like this product from 3D Universe and created a quick Iray test render. I did it a little backwards...instead of dialing in Kimo, I dialed in the toon morphs, tweaked the head size and eye size to stylize the character. When I have more time, I will use Genesis 3, toon morphs with a little bit of Kimo dialed in and use Kimo's skin and see what happens smiley Thank you 3D Universe for another fun product!

Kimo

kimo toon 1.png
    800 x 1200 - 500K
    Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I love the new look, I'm still deciding on what to get, question on the decal tool, are the decals included in the clothing packages and does it just apply to the shirts in the package or any of the toon generation 2 clothes?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    dkgoose said:

I love the new look, I'm still deciding on what to get, question on the decal tool, are the decals included in the clothing packages and does it just apply to the shirts in the package or any of the toon generation 2 clothes?

Only on the t-shirts...unless I did something wrong trying to apply on the the dress.

• dkgoose said:

The decals can be added to any clothing item that has the same chest bone rigging as Genesis 3. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Did a quick one last night.  :)  Scary Movie Night...

Damn, this is good.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited December 2016
    Taozen said:

Trying the 3DL version of Toon Eren. Plants are Iray only so I applied the SimpleSurface Base shaders too se how they would look.

I was on the fence about buying Toon Generations 2 Eren but I think I will now.

The lights in the first 3DL render above (show previous quotes) are the ones that come with the Mud Desert pack, I've been trying to find some standalone lights that work, wasn't easy but Lantios Lights 2 and Lantios Daylight Pack seems to work well though the Daylights are a bit grainy:

Eren_3DL_lantios2_02.jpg
    800 x 1059 - 204K
    Eren_3DL_lantios_studio06.jpg
    800 x 1059 - 295K
    Eren_3DL_lantios_daylight07.jpg
    800 x 1059 - 296K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • MJ007 said:

Im actually surprised TG2 is being received so well given it doesnt have the same style as TG.

-MJ

These figures have been previewed for months. Their new look isn't a surprise for 3D Universe fans. 

I have eagerly been waiting for these and held off from some other purchases trying to get money just for these...still gathering. ;)
  • Had to play a little today. Mixture of Blake, Ivan, Guy, Kimo, and Kenji. LOL I've named him Uncle Vinny. :D 

UncleVinny.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 847K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,897
    MJ007 said:

-MJ

Toon Generations 2 Mega bundle just jumped in to the cart, as soon as I have spotted it in the store. Well done, 3D Universe.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016

Had to play a little today. Mixture of Blake, Ivan, Guy, Kimo, and Kenji. LOL I've named him Uncle Vinny. :D 

Love it!!!

@Taozen - those lights look great with her!

@3D Universe - didn't know about the new stuff till someone mentioned it here a few weeks ago. I went to check out your FB page and was floored by the promo pics. I've been waiting and watching, and was happy to pick them up. They are so much fun, not just for me, but also for my little guy who seems to love playing in DAZ as much as I do. We're going to enjoy New Year's with some tooney fun!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • the male head morphs do not have the word toon to filter in parameters

Capture.JPG
    444 x 894 - 100K
  • Crescent said:

I used customized settings with Akvis Sketch for the first one and Akvis plus DAP (Dynamic Auto-Painter Pro) for the second.

Left side

Akvis settings:  

I then duplicated the layer and set the upper one to Screen.

Right side

Akvis: as above.

DAP:

Re-Acrylic preset with everything set to precision over speed, et. al.

DAP as the base layer and the Akvis layer on top set to Overlay.

I highly recommend Akvis (especially Sketch), DAP, Topaz Labs (especially Adjust and Clean) and FotoSketcher (Free!) for non-photoreal postwork.

Cheers!

Crescent said:

Thanks for the idea of mixing The Girl / The Guy in.  The facial style matches well and the resulting body shapes are a little less stylized but still toony.  Here's a quick render where I was playing with postwork styles.

Hi Crescent,

I am still sitting on the fence regarding purchasing these toon characters, but really impressed with the postwork you did in these examples to give a shaded drawn character look. I particularly like the first lighter shaded picture couple. I would be very interested to know what postwork you did and with what software to achieve this effect.

Many thanks.

smiley

Thank you so much Crescent for your prompt reply. I snapped up the mega bundle and a couple of items that were not included in the bundle. Looks like these will be very popular Toon figures to play with, and the fact they are based on G3f and G3m, so all things related like clothing and morphs will work on them, was always going to be a winner. No surprise these have been riding in the Daz store number 1 'What's Hot' spot.

Kind regards, and wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year 2017.

smiley

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952
    edited December 2016

New one TG2 and I don't remember what along with 3DU's Bacon ....who has nice posing dials but I think I need to create some more poses for Bacon

GT2Bacon.png
    1137 x 875 - 305K
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    Crescent said:

Thanks for the idea of mixing The Girl / The Guy in.  The facial style matches well and the resulting body shapes are a little less stylized but still toony.  Here's a quick render where I was playing with postwork styles.

Love this! How did you do the postwork styles? In the render itself or Photoshop?

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319

Both are postwork.  One used Akvis Sketch and the other is Akvis Sketch plus Dynamic Auto-Painter Pro.  Topaz Labs and FotoSketcher (Free!) are also excellent plugins for this type of effect.  

• Crescent said:

Love this! How did you do the postwork styles? In the render itself or Photoshop?

Hi Wonderland,

I also wanted to know this and Crescent has kindly replied to my request and explained in a previous post in this thread.

Hope this helps.

kind regards.

smiley

• MJ007 said:

-MJ

Yep, I saw them on 3D Universe's Facebook page.  Lots of pictures over there.  I was totally stoked to see them in them finally in the store.  Instant buy.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Yes, thanks. I should read the whole thread before posting LOL. AKVIS seems a bit pricey but I usually can do something similar in Photoshop but with more hand painting. Looking forward to playing with the toons after I finally check out with my ever changing cart LOL..

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108

I can see myself enjoying the Toons immensely, bought the big bundle and while I haven't taken a lot of time to play what I did do was fun!  I just used a cartoon filter in GIMP for this after doing an iray render to 50% completion.  

toons 01a.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • I love the new Toon Generations2, I've been waiting for them since I saw them on Facebook. Here's a quick render.

why.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 692K
  • and another, I'm going to play with this all weekend.

toon girl 26.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 462K
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 2016

Cupcake!

Cup Cake.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 251K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

laugh

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    Lindsey said:

Cupcake!

LOL cheeky

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,849
    Lindsey said:

Cupcake!

Awesome! LOL!

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 2016

Thanks for the comments!

Here comes Trouble....

Here comes Trouble.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 293K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 2016

Hey....Stay off my cabbage patch.

Hey....Stay off my Cabbage Patch.jpg
    800 x 546 - 618K
    Post edited by Musicplayer on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488

Pardon the slightly off topic query, but it is Toon related. Where does one find the cartoon arm chair which the toon 2 promos feature?

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 2016
    Greybro said:

Pardon the slightly off topic query, but it is Toon related. Where does one find the cartoon arm chair which the toon 2 promos feature?

It is a product in 3dUniverse's store.

http://www.daz3d.com/staci-couch-potato

Hope this helps.

smiley

Post edited by Musicplayer on