Post Your Toon Generations 2 renders

191011121315»

Comments

• My guy! Morpheus strongman body and Leo 7 clothing/items.

spacebarbarian.png
    1280 x 720 - 406K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited July 2017

I have a question about these models. As they seem rather deformed, I was wondering how well they might work with aniblock animations (walking animations, etc.) and more in general with poses where two characters are touching each other (like the "lovers' poses" set in the shop for example) - would they still align? 

Deformed isn't the word you are looking for the word you need is caricatured or exaggerated. Anyway, you'll find you'll have to adjust any retargeted animations because the huge head and often huge hands and huge feet of such cartoons tends to cause body parts to intersect where they wouldn't with normal proportioned characters.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • pepeschliemannpepeschliemann Posts: 41
    edited August 2017

obiwan_post.png
    1280 x 720 - 642K
    Post edited by pepeschliemann on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Looks really good.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

I agree, good combination!

• Thanks! I'm quite happy with it.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

50% toon mixed with a whole bunch of other stuff. All of the "aging" was done with other morphs (the age setting for toon generations was 30, actually).

Vey nice mix, great character.

-- Walt Sterdan

• I'm having problems with weird grey artifacts on the toon eyes - see attachments, both out of the box toon no morphs applied only camera headlight (but also tried turning it off using a single spotlight as light but the result was the same). Has anybody else experienced this? And what do I need to fix it?

weird eyes1.png
    1280 x 720 - 890K
    weird eyes2.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • >no morphs applied

(except toon set at age 30)

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited August 2017

Are you using an HDRI to render the scene? If so, that could be reflection of the HDRI.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • pepeschliemannpepeschliemann Posts: 41
    edited August 2017

It's a fresh document, if there's a default HDRI I guess that might be loaded? But I haven't added anything.

I solved it by adding an image (cornea eg white with 2 black dots) to the eyeMoisture "cutout opacity" in the surfaces tab but I have no idea why that fixed it... but hey, if it works.

Post edited by pepeschliemann on
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

50% toon mixed with a whole bunch of other stuff. All of the "aging" was done with other morphs (the age setting for toon generations was 30, actually).

Very nice!

-MJ

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Can someone please confirm whether it is possible to mix head morphs without adjusting the whole body sliders? I'd like to be able to apply different percentages of head morph to those of the body morph. Looking at the renders in this thread that does seem to be possible but I can't find where I can dial back the head morph and mix in another character.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

marble there is only a full body morph dial for Toon Generation2 and an age dial ,what I usually do is create a character from the regular morphs and characters  then I add a percentage of the TG2 till I get the look I want .

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    carrie58 said:

marble there is only a full body morph dial for Toon Generation2 and an age dial ,what I usually do is create a character from the regular morphs and characters  then I add a percentage of the TG2 till I get the look I want .

Ah, then I was mistaken when I thought that some images showed a mix of head morphs. So I'll just have to go with a percentage of full body morph. Pity.

Thanks for the reply.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2017

There are extra Toon morphs that come with the toons and you can change the bodies with morphs so you get areally good varity

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826

This was my entry for LLola Lane's challenge last month