Daz Studio 4.9.2 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• I downloaded this yesterday and within minutes of me starting it and doing almost anything, it crashes. I just loaded a figure and clinked in the parametrs and bam, there it went again. Is there a more stable version I can download? 

This not the typical behaviour - what are your system specifications? Do you get the Daz crash report dialogue?

• Anyone figure out how to render only specific angles on the spherical camera? I only want the forward 180 degrees horizontally. I could cut out the regions I want afterwards, but with stereo rendering, that becomes a pain. Speaking of which, can we get a camera that can do stereo rendering as supported by the new iRay SDK?

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited November 2016

Can you make a specific "Report Bugs and Glitches" section. I post where I think they should be, but end-up getting odd replies from people attempting to offer work-arounds, which is nice, but not the point of the posts. I have nothing to indicate that it has been seen by someone of authority, or that it was even seen by anyone at all. Even if to just have it flagged as "Seen - Added to investigation list", "Resolved, closed", "Not an issue", or "More details required".

Since this "Now" seems like the potentially most logical place to drop them... Here is my tiny list. Reserving it to ones that I believe are easy to fix, or critical.

1: [Tool Settings] window... With the {Joint Editor} as the tool selected, in the (General) tab, in the "Node Attributes" section. There are multiple "Check-box properties", all stacked on top of one another. It is impossible to read, see what is actually selected, or change selections. Attached image #1.

2: Docking "AniMate 2" under the viewport is buggy. Not docking it to the bottom of the program, just under the viewport itself. First; the "drop indicator" (yellow line that shows where you are dropping it), displays ABOVE the viewport, when it drops it below. It does drop it below, which oddly consumes about 90% of the viewport window on the initial drop. You can resize it smaller, but closing Daz and opening it again, restores the 90% occupancy, which also kills the resize handle. Thus, it is stuck at 90% until you "Undock it", and "Dock it" again. Resulting in the same issue when reloading daz. Hiding the window and then showing it again, undocks it, instead of returning it to where you set it to show-up. Undocked, the "Animate Menu Selection", pops-up behind the window, making it impossible to select items. Attached images #2 (Incorrect "Drop indicator"), #3 (The handle that is not there after closing, then opening Daz, with the window docked), #4 (pop-up menu behind the window, instead of being in front. It disapears if you move the window and the mouse tries to move to the selection pop-up.)

3: Panes (Tabs) are not "Highlighted", when they are open, in the drop-down list, from the menu. Some are, some are not. Selecting one that is NOT highlighted, but IS open, will highlight it and jump to that pane... However, selecting it again, will close the pane, naturally. Though, it will "Forget" where you originally set it to show, and show-up back at the bottom. No pictures here. Expected operation... Be highlighted when the window/tab exists open. If closed, and later opened, return to the "between" location we took the time to move it to, the first time. (Between location, being between X and Y tab, on the same side. If X isn't there, then it should still know that X came after A, and drop the window/tab after A.)

4: This one is kind-of an oversight... You can "Make Pane Undockable", which turns it into a floating OS window... However, you can not "Make Pane Dockable", once it is a floating OS window. It still says, "Make Pane Undockable", though it is already undockable. Image #1 (The Daz window), #2 (The OS Window that can not be set to be "docked", once undocked.) Um, make "Make Pane Dockable" a selection, or grey it out, once it is undocked. I would prefer the prior solution. We have to close the window and open it again, in order to make it dockable.

5: This is an odd one, related to converting an object to a "Rigged Figure". Using a "Primitive Cube" as an example, convert it to a "Rigged Figure", just the default settings are fine. The issue, initially is this... The bone is not oriented to the object orientation. There are also some odd, and seemingly broken, values that import the bone in the wrong orientation and with values that are essentially invalid. Manually typing 50 and 0 will clearly indicate they are not the same as the 50 and 0 which were in the values. Tested by typing 0 in the other values, they remain black, as those are actually 0 there. However, "Restore" will return the bones settings with these original odd-ball invalid values. (Shows as 50 for the "end Point : X position", and the "End Point: Y Position" as 0.0000, instead of 0.00 default. A sign that there is some other non-zero value that is almost sort-of zero-ish and almost sort-of 50-ish.) Manually setting the bone to 50, 0.0, 0.0 for X Y Z, fixes the issue.)

6: Staying in this setup... Select the actual "hip" bone, it is not oriented correctly. Lets quickly fix it... Make it match the above orientation. Set the end-point values to 50, 0, 0 and now we have to rotate the Z orientation to -90, since it is pointing the wrong way... Ready? Grab the "Y" axis and slide it negative, like -0.1 (Notice anything?) The bone flips backwards, yet the end-point has barely moved, and certainly has not moved over to the other side. (It did not do this on the prior orientation. Set it to defaults, and slide the end-point into -0.1... it doesn't twitch 180-deg, it just does as expected, sort-of, and changes the bone shape, though, it changes the bone-shape in the incorrect direction. It shrinks the bone, when it should remain at the default 100 units height, since you are not altering the height. Only one picture #7 (Showing the negative value that flips the bone 180-deg, but the end-point is the same location)

Those were the ones which I have sort-of been fighting for a while now. Though, I have a feeling that 5 is real easy to fix. Someone forgot a decimal or something, or used an incorrect hard-coded value, or an incorrect variable-type. Number 6, I am sure, is due to the code that is making our models go nuts in animations, and when attempting to alter bones, or scale things. Again, those old fixes for 0 to 360 and -180 to +180 rollovers, and counter-rotation matrix formulas are off by a negative value somewhere, or mismatched XYZ grids, to PYR. (These should be drawing and rotating the bones so the bone is drawn from point-A to point-B, not expecting us to locate the angles ourselves, in a 3D XYZ orientation. Still don't understand the point of that, when not aligned, it is just invalid.)

1.jpg
    563 x 800 - 92K
    2.jpg
    854 x 1018 - 153K
    3.jpg
    941 x 299 - 45K
    4.jpg
    535 x 492 - 39K
    5.jpg
    639 x 319 - 34K
    6.jpg
    652 x 326 - 38K
    7.jpg
    1116 x 647 - 98K
    Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    edited November 2016
    JD_Mortal said:

Can you make a specific "Report Bugs and Glitches" section. I post where I think they should be, but end-up getting odd replies from people attempting to offer work-arounds, which is nice, but not the point of the posts. I have nothing to indicate that it has been seen by someone of authority, or that it was even seen by anyone at all. Even if to just have it flagged as "Seen - Added to investigation list", "Resolved, closed", "Not an issue", or "More details required".

Since this "Now" seems like the potentially most logical place to drop them... Here is my tiny list. Reserving it to ones that I believe are easy to fix, or critical.

1: [Tool Settings] window... With the {Joint Editor} as the tool selected, in the (General) tab, in the "Node Attributes" section. There are multiple "Check-box properties", all stacked on top of one another. It is impossible to read, see what is actually selected, or change selections. Attached image #1.

2: Docking "AniMate 2" under the viewport is buggy. Not docking it to the bottom of the program, just under the viewport itself. First; the "drop indicator" (yellow line that shows where you are dropping it), displays ABOVE the viewport, when it drops it below. It does drop it below, which oddly consumes about 90% of the viewport window on the initial drop. You can resize it smaller, but closing Daz and opening it again, restores the 90% occupancy, which also kills the resize handle. Thus, it is stuck at 90% until you "Undock it", and "Dock it" again. Resulting in the same issue when reloading daz. Hiding the window and then showing it again, undocks it, instead of returning it to where you set it to show-up. Undocked, the "Animate Menu Selection", pops-up behind the window, making it impossible to select items. Attached images #2 (Incorrect "Drop indicator"), #3 (The handle that is not there after closing, then opening Daz, with the window docked), #4 (pop-up menu behind the window, instead of being in front. It disapears if you move the window and the mouse tries to move to the selection pop-up.)

3: Panes (Tabs) are not "Highlighted", when they are open, in the drop-down list, from the menu. Some are, some are not. Selecting one that is NOT highlighted, but IS open, will highlight it and jump to that pane... However, selecting it again, will close the pane, naturally. Though, it will "Forget" where you originally set it to show, and show-up back at the bottom. No pictures here. Expected operation... Be highlighted when the window/tab exists open. If closed, and later opened, return to the "between" location we took the time to move it to, the first time. (Between location, being between X and Y tab, on the same side. If X isn't there, then it should still know that X came after A, and drop the window/tab after A.)

4: This one is kind-of an oversight... You can "Make Pane Undockable", which turns it into a floating OS window... However, you can not "Make Pane Dockable", once it is a floating OS window. It still says, "Make Pane Undockable", though it is already undockable. Image #1 (The Daz window), #2 (The OS Window that can not be set to be "docked", once undocked.) Um, make "Make Pane Dockable" a selection, or grey it out, once it is undocked. I would prefer the prior solution. We have to close the window and open it again, in order to make it dockable.

5: This is an odd one, related to converting an object to a "Rigged Figure". Using a "Primitive Cube" as an example, convert it to a "Rigged Figure", just the default settings are fine. The issue, initially is this... The bone is not oriented to the object orientation. There are also some odd, and seemingly broken, values that import the bone in the wrong orientation and with values that are essentially invalid. Manually typing 50 and 0 will clearly indicate they are not the same as the 50 and 0 which were in the values. Tested by typing 0 in the other values, they remain black, as those are actually 0 there. However, "Restore" will return the bones settings with these original odd-ball invalid values. (Shows as 50 for the "end Point : X position", and the "End Point: Y Position" as 0.0000, instead of 0.00 default. A sign that there is some other non-zero value that is almost sort-of zero-ish and almost sort-of 50-ish.) Manually setting the bone to 50, 0.0, 0.0 for X Y Z, fixes the issue.)

6: Staying in this setup... Select the actual "hip" bone, it is not oriented correctly. Lets quickly fix it... Make it match the above orientation. Set the end-point values to 50, 0, 0 and now we have to rotate the Z orientation to -90, since it is pointing the wrong way... Ready? Grab the "Y" axis and slide it negative, like -0.1 (Notice anything?) The bone flips backwards, yet the end-point has barely moved, and certainly has not moved over to the other side. (It did not do this on the prior orientation. Set it to defaults, and slide the end-point into -0.1... it doesn't twitch 180-deg, it just does as expected, sort-of, and changes the bone shape, though, it changes the bone-shape in the incorrect direction. It shrinks the bone, when it should remain at the default 100 units height, since you are not altering the height. Only one picture #7 (Showing the negative value that flips the bone 180-deg, but the end-point is the same location)

Those were the ones which I have sort-of been fighting for a while now. Though, I have a feeling that 5 is real easy to fix. Someone forgot a decimal or something, or used an incorrect hard-coded value, or an incorrect variable-type. Number 6, I am sure, is due to the code that is making our models go nuts in animations, and when attempting to alter bones, or scale things. Again, those old fixes for 0 to 360 and -180 to +180 rollovers, and counter-rotation matrix formulas are off by a negative value somewhere, or mismatched XYZ grids, to PYR. (These should be drawing and rotating the bones so the bone is drawn from point-A to point-B, not expecting us to locate the angles ourselves, in a 3D XYZ orientation. Still don't understand the point of that, when not aligned, it is just invalid.)

The forums are not where you report bugs.  You need to go to the main site, click on "Help" at the top, then "Contact Us".  Then click on "Submit a report", and report it to DAZ Customer Service.

Edit:  Here's a link to the actual page to report issues:  https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Post edited by hphoenix on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes, it even states on the forum index, against the Daz Studio forum

"Please note, bugs are reported by opening a Technical Support ticket http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us."

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Eh pardon,

didn't you see, that PD_Mortal reported the bug at the technical support?
    But he received the usual replies which are really frustrating.
    So now he is complaining over here, hoping that folks over here who had the same experience, would have some advise for helpful solutions.

But looks as if this would be useless over here. no

• JD_Mortal said:

I'm not seeing this.

JD_Mortal said:

I do see the highlight location and sizing issues, the hide/show behaviour is expected.

JD_Mortal said:

This is expected - only panes that are at the front of their group should be highlighted, to indicate that theya re active. Panes that are not active should be brought to the front of their group (if theya re in a group) or opened. Clicking on an active pane name will close it. Adding a closed pane back to a group will place it at the end of the group, you get the same if you drag out and then back in.

JD_Mortal said:

I see this too.

JD_Mortal said:

Turning a cube into a figure puts the bone in the right place for me.

As noted, bugs need to be reproted as Technical Support tickets http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited November 2016

1. joint editor was corrupted about Node attribute option. then it was reported as ticket  May 12 2016 (general and betas) about beta, and product version daz studio.

Request #218971  Joint editor >node Attribute options corrupted. it was sent to bug tracker, May 18, but after that I have no reply ,

when DAZ will correct it or keep this bug about general release.    but finally this problem was removed  DAZ Studio : Incremented build number to 4.9.3.113

• Fixed an issue in Tool Settings for the Joint Editor Tool that caused the “Inherit Parent Scale” and “Promote Selection” options to occupy the same space; and thus behave as if they were a single option when clicked

then without  DAZ up-date general release. the problem still remain about General releaes.

and there is no way, User can see other bug report,  which was already reported or not.  and it is treated as actual bug or not.

Without DAZ offer bug tracker, User must report here too.  then it is actually need to know current DAZ studio problems.

and Each beta remove the problem or not. The DAZ  document only report which DAZ team have done.

it never show current problem whch was reported about each DAZ studio release version.

To report bug or problem in forum and get another user test, in forum is useful for other User too. not for DAZ but for other User

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I recommend putting "Bug report" in the title of your ticket so that the person triaging the ticket knows it's intended as a bug report.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited November 2016

I usually clear discribe,  it as "Bug report", but I feel,,

Techinical staff not like it to call as  bug, untill they test and conrirm it.  then I hope  at first, my ticket assistant recognize it by test.

then if tag as "Bug report", other user can see or track it?   if so clear show the way please.

I often hope to know, which problem is actually reported already..  then decide up-date or not about each version.

many User need to send bug report again and again,  which have laready reported without known there is already other report.  

But  there is no way to know how  the ticket is treated.    DAZ just hope User send ticket without open them for another User view, why?  

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • It says you should back up your user data first. So will this be a backup of the entire library or will it be a small file. Just want to know how much space is needed, (I already have daily backups of my pc.

And does it matter if you have a Content Library and a Connect library? Do you have to do anything special for the user data backup?

My libraries are the default ones that DS created and I haven't really customized anything.

Thanks.

• KevinH said:

It says you should back up your user data first. So will this be a backup of the entire library or will it be a small file. Just want to know how much space is needed, (I already have daily backups of my pc.

And does it matter if you have a Content Library and a Connect library? Do you have to do anything special for the user data backup?

My libraries are the default ones that DS created and I haven't really customized anything.

Thanks.

Just a small file - it's your categories and so on, not the actual content files categorised.

• Thanks, Richard!

• I went into DIM because I figured that is how I would have to download and install it...unless I did a manul install. But DS 4.9 didn't show in DIM. And then I noticed that my icon already says 4.9, so does the software automatically get upgraded if you are using Connect. It's OK, if it did. I just didn't know that happened, if it does. Otherwise, I don't know how I got it since I didn't even know about it until late last night and I had already shut down my pc.

• No, DS can't update itself (or plug-ins) via Connect. If you already have 4.9 maybe you checked all in DIM at some stage. You can check which version you have in Help>About Daz Studio.

• I'm thinking maybe I am just confused. I saw a couple of recent posts about 4.9 and questioning whether 4.8 was still available. And then somebody commented that they still wouldn't upgrade because of the copy protection. I guess I just assumed that there was a new version and I needed to install it. But now I think they were just taking about a version that was already out and they just haven't upgraded yet.

• I bet this question has been asked already, but I looked and did not see it. I apologize if it has already been covered.

Does the current new pro release offer iRay support for nVidia GTX 1070 cards?

Many thanks. smiley

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Nanstein said:

I bet this question has been asked already, but I looked and did not see it. I apologize if it has already been covered.

Does the current new pro release offer iRay support for nVidia GTX 1070 cards?

Many thanks. smiley

No.  4.9.2.70 does not have support for any 10x0 Pascal cards.   The currently available beta does, but there are issues with older CPUs and OSX that are not resolved in the available beta release, but have been marked as addressed in the changelog, for a future release.

• mjc1016 said:

No.  4.9.2.70 does not have support for any 10x0 Pascal cards.   The currently available beta does, but there are issues with older CPUs and OSX that are not resolved in the available beta release, but have been marked as addressed in the changelog, for a future release.

Thank you so much for the quick response, mjc1016. It's something nice to look forward to, for sure.

• zaintczaintc Posts: 282

Why can we no longer download studio 4.8 or 4.7?surprise

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Is there a 64 Bit DIM installer?  I have a setup a new OS Sierra system and can't get DIM installed.  The installer just errors out.  I noticed that it is only for Mac 32.  Do I need DIM to install Daz 4.9?  Or can I just download 4.9 and use Connect to install all of my original content?

Thanks!

• zaintc said:

Why can we no longer download studio 4.8 or 4.7?surprise

Like many other applications, previous versions are not left available due to improvements, bug fixes, etc, in new versions.

• Geminii23 said:

Is there a 64 Bit DIM installer?  I have a setup a new OS Sierra system and can't get DIM installed.  The installer just errors out.  I noticed that it is only for Mac 32.  Do I need DIM to install Daz 4.9?  Or can I just download 4.9 and use Connect to install all of my original content?

Thanks!

No, 32 Bit only. You can use Connect to install your original content. As for the application itself, you should be able to download the installer from the Product Library in your store account.

• After reading just this page, I am seeing so many things that seem to have been broken. This Make Pane Undockable problem is in my version also, which is the first version of 4.9. I can make the Pane undockable, but when I want to dock it to the shelf I prefer I cannot do so because it won't give the option to Make Pane Dockable once it is Undockable. So the pane remains as a floater until I decide to delete it. Then when I go to the Windows>Panes menu and call that pane up again it still is a floater and will not give me the Make Pane Dockable. So I cannot customize my interface to my preferences.

If what I have read is correct, then after two new builds being released, why has this not been fixed? This is the reason I am keeping 4.8 on my old computer. I could not get it for this one, as I bought it a few days after the release of 4.9. So I had to settle for 4.9, which I have to say is the most buggy build I have seen to date. And from what I am reading here, the bugs just keep multiplying, and few if any are being adressed satisfactorily.

As for the Iray renderer, neither of my computers are running NVidea GC's of any kind. When I tried using IRay, it caused DAZ Studio to crash, and I decided then to wait for a more capable machine that can handle it. Thing is, I can get really nice results using 3Delight, and in some cases I have seen that my results turn out better looking than those of people doing similar pictures using Iray. I have noted that not very many people are understanding how to get great results out of Iray. So for now sticking with 3Delight is what I am doing. Iray wants to overclock my system, because I don't have any Nvidea GC. 

• You can drag the pane back to dock it. You can also save the layout(s).

• Just got an expensive new computer (5000.00). I at first got 2 nVidia 1080's with an SLI connection which did not work with DAZ 4.9. Nvidia informed me that none of the new GTX (Pascal) cards work with Iray, that only their Quatro cards work with Iray, so I bit the bullit and spent even more money and got Quatro P5000, only to find out that did not work. Put in ticket and was told I had to instal 4.9 Beta which I did. It did put a load on the card but the render speed did not increase at all it appeared. Quality render took 11.5 hours. I have a 6 core i7 3.3 GHZ on the machine and it appeared that render was only really using the CPU. Back to touble ticket with DAZ. I was then informed that DAZ does not even have a nVidia Pascal chip card to test. Since this is the Nvidia current chip set that has been available to public since July of last year, and one would expect a commercial producer to get the chip even earlier, can I infer that since the lower cost GTX cards will not support Iray that you will no longer be supprting Iray in you DAZ Studio any longer?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

I hope you have what Nvidia told you in writing because they lied, the new Pascal gaming level cards do work with Iray.  The Quatro cards may be worse at handling Studios general display needs.  The scene you are testing with may be exceeding the card's memory thus drop back to CPU mode.

• The Pascal cards do work, but it needs CUDA 8 which is in drivers 372.x onwards.

• New version of DAZ that came out today works with the Pascal cards :)

• FossilFossil Posts: 166

I generally wait a few months before installing any updates (except Blender, who's updates are always brilliant) so that bugs can be worked, out but I think I'll skip this one entirely.  The only two items I was interested in (Iray and font scaling) don't seem to work at all.