Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Not liking the other arm ... at all.  Time to re-do.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016

I think that's the best way to create interesting characters- a mix of dark and light. I try to do that too in my stories. 

EDIT: Yeah, that other arm doesn't go right here, seems to clash. Interesting tattoo, love the colors- but maybe for a different character? Looks almost like war paint, which would be really cool on the right guy (or gal.) That said, with Iain's skin, you might be able to get away with woad if you wanted to go in that direction, like Braveheart, Picts, etc. That image of Iain with the long dark hair would look great with woad.

Llynara said:

Ooh, that looks good. Having the lighter colors in there really helps. Of course, my eyes were still watering earlier from stepping on an #@$!ing Lego that my cute but evil toddler left on the floor. (Should've named him Stewie!) Nearly broke my foot. I think people could hear me screaming in the next state.

Oh, been there and done that one!  Has he swallowed one of those yet?  That's always fun!  :)

Not yet but every day is a new heart attack. Haven't been able to write or render much lately because he's climbing bookcases, stripping off his clothes, or finding some new, dangerous thing to get into. Not sure I'm going to survive this one (he is boy #5!)

Oh, and my foot still hurts. Never had a Lego-related injury this bad, LOL.

rare-image-of-a-shark-stepping-on-a-lego-me-4152948.png
    500 x 559 - 121K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • LOL- Yeah, stepped on more than a few with my siblings, I know what that feels like.  I took off that arm version; it wasn't working and I really didn't like it. I don't know about woad, I'll have to look that up. ;)  Just started another idea, so I'll probably post that test render as well..HIDE THE LEGOS.

• Started on this idea...still piddling with it.

• and starting out an idea on the sleeve- may loose that skull circular thing and re-think the style...but I like the engraving details (SEAMS) at the hand and shoulder area.  What to do with the rest....hard to say.

edited December 2016

It's interesting, and different. Keep playing, you might find your groove with it. My favorite part of that picture are the tightie whities, LOL

LOL- Yeah, stepped on more than a few with my siblings, I know what that feels like.  I took off that arm version; it wasn't working and I really didn't like it. I don't know about woad, I'll have to look that up. ;)  Just started another idea, so I'll probably post that test render as well..HIDE THE LEGOS.

If I could only stop Santa and the grandparents! This is what my main floor looks like right now: 

lego hell.jpg
    668 x 758 - 114K
  • LOL- bum shot, shoulda guessed?  Hopefully, or I'll play with it until I kill it and start over.

LOL on the comic, too

• Went a different way- going to try to do something like a starscape scene on the color, and made the sleeve a half-sleeve.  

Ooh, that looks cool! 

• Thank you! Yeah, I like it. I'll keep that one. lol Doing a close up of his face atm just because I like that mischevious expression. 

edited December 2016

Love the expression! Is that morph dialed, from a pack, or a DarwinsMishap special?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I really really love the watercolor tattoos.  My daughter has a watercolor tatoo of a ballerina on her left shoulder.  She has a full back tattoo that is just stunning, although just the ballerina is watercolor.

5 boys?  You are definitely brave!

• Llynara said:

I think that's the best way to create interesting characters- a mix of dark and light. I try to do that too in my stories. 

EDIT: Yeah, that other arm doesn't go right here, seems to clash. Interesting tattoo, love the colors- but maybe for a different character? Looks almost like war paint, which would be really cool on the right guy (or gal.) That said, with Iain's skin, you might be able to get away with woad if you wanted to go in that direction, like Braveheart, Picts, etc. That image of Iain with the long dark hair would look great with woad.

Llynara said:

Ooh, that looks good. Having the lighter colors in there really helps. Of course, my eyes were still watering earlier from stepping on an #@$!ing Lego that my cute but evil toddler left on the floor. (Should've named him Stewie!) Nearly broke my foot. I think people could hear me screaming in the next state.

Oh, been there and done that one!  Has he swallowed one of those yet?  That's always fun!  :)

Not yet but every day is a new heart attack. Haven't been able to write or render much lately because he's climbing bookcases, stripping off his clothes, or finding some new, dangerous thing to get into. Not sure I'm going to survive this one (he is boy #5!)

Ack!  Five boys!?!  This is precisely why I stopped after 3 boys.  I just knew I would end up with all boys if I kept going.  And, the three I've got definitely keep me on my toes, especially now that they are in their teens! :)  Thankfully, they finally learned how to keep the lego pieces picked up.  Although, I did find one in the dryer this morning.  I'm assuming it was in a pocket I managed not to check.

@DarwinsMishap  Yeah, I can't really say I like that watercolor arm either.  At least, not with this one.  I've never really understood the whole tattoo sleeve thing, but I have to say those are kind of cool looking.  I especially like the full sleeve with the circular skull thing.

edited December 2016

I'm not sure. Maybe crazy. Or just fertile! Definitely tired. The boys range in age from 3 to 26. So I'm 46 and still buying diapers. Pretty soon, I might even start buying my own! laugh

@knittingmommy - I thought I had stopped after 3. Apparently NOT. The last two were a shock to say the least! Aside from the Lego issues, they are pretty cute. I should probably keep them but some days I wonder!

• Llynara said:

I'm not sure. Maybe crazy. Or just fertile! Definitely tired. The boys range in age from 3 to 26. So I'm 46 and still buying diapers. Pretty soon, I might even start buying my own! laugh

@knittingmommy - I thought I had stopped after 3. Apparently NOT. The last two were a shock to say the least! Aside from the Lego issues, they are pretty cute. I should probably keep them but some days I wonder!

I think we all think that some days.  I know I have.  The problem with really cute boys is that they always manage to do something to tug on your heart strings and you'll forgive anything.  :)  My last one was a little bit of a shocker, too, so I know how that goes.  I did manage to stop just before my 40th birthday, though, for which I'm grateful.  I can't even imagine having another one after 40.  But, then, I felt like I had been pregnant or breast feeding for 5 years straight so I was due for a rest.  :)  I was so happy to finally get out of diaper duty and hand all of the bathroom responsibilities over to my husband.  After a certain age, boys just refuse to go to the restrooms with mom.  :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I have one of each (coincidentally, my oldest is 26 as well), although my daughter (the younger child) counts as at least 3 boys when she was between the ages of 12 & 20.  I might have had only one if she would have been born first lol.  She is a wonderful young lady now though and I am grateful we both survived.

It's a job, isn't it? Mine are finally in bed and I just want to pass out. Maybe I can squeeze in a render, who knows, LOL. Maybe of something warm! Wind chills are -30 here!

• Hmm, just saw this in the Raining Men thread.  Love the look with the glasses.  :)

Thanks for posting the hottie, Darwin. Now I'm warmer! LOL

• LOL- glad you liked.

Sorry I missed the question about the expression from earlier; his expression comes from a blend of the base expression morphs and a M7 set.   All dialed.

• Light blue eye materials-wearing George Hair. 

Though I'm taking the hair off for the rest of the eye materials- holy crow.

He looks annoyed with that hair, LOL

• Doesn't he, though? lol

edited December 2016

He's saying, "Darwin, change my hair. NOW." 

It's okay. My illusionist is super annoyed with me lately. I keep making him try on different super suits. He doesn't like tights. At all!

• Lord..just saved all of the tattoo options.........there's quite a few mixes. lol  I'll post one mix and then I'll be offline.  My s/o is coming home soon and I need to let this thing crank out renders for icons tonight.

• Llynara said:

He's saying, "Darwin, change my hair. NOW." 

It's okay. My illusionist is super annoyed with me lately. I keep making him try on different super suits. He doesn't like tights. At all!

LOL- Oh, I did.  Trust me... and tights?  Who would???

• tester for the icons is done- time to go, have a great night!

Iain is looking fabulous! Have fun, talk to you later!

• I love that expression he has with the George hair!  Everything is looking so good!  :)

@Llynara, tights?  Seriously?  I don't blame your illusionist one bit!

This discussion has been closed.