Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

At least he didn't have to endure the orange treatment! 

• Nope!  I have Iain's new tester cooking while I'm at work, too.

Sneaky! Just beware of those darned Windows automatic updates. I had something rendering overnight and lost the whole thing because the computer restarted. I thought I had them turned off, but seems like they turned themselves back on again. Sneaky computer!

• Yep, I used to have problems with that.  I lost quite a number of renders because of Windows updates.  Even in a woman's hoodie, Parker looks might good.  :)  I must have missed an update to his skin.  That looks really nice! 

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072
    edited December 2016

Yeah- I have had it shut down, but if I render overnight (especially if I know it's only going to be an hour or three to finish) I'll have it save to the render library-so if Studio shuts down for whatever reason, and it's finished, it will still be there when I re-open it.  My updates are set for 3 am, so USUALLY....I can avoid the issue.

Oh- update on Iain.  New skin.  Brows.  Veins.  Freckles.  Moles.  Gonna start re-working a few things on his shaders and maps here and there as well as start on the scruff option.  He's wearing Dmitri's eye materials atm as well.

HDRI environment Map .exr file for Iray, a dim rim light, a dimmer fill light, and a medium intensity side light added to the scene.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2016

Love the freckles! He's adorable! The moles add nice realism too. You really are amazingly talented. The characters you create are beautiful.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Thank you, really. I'm honored that people enjoy using my creations, honestly.

On the note of Iain- I just finished his head/body morphs (saving dials, etc) and am testing out a pose and expression on him.  I think the brows are going to have to go a smidge closer together-in my opinion, they are too far apart.

• ....and a second or third option on those brows as well...wow, in the next tester he could pass as female. lol

edited December 2016

So-on the hunt for different brows on this man...

edited December 2016

20 minutes at 80% teaser:  (He needs more oomph in his specs, though.  Note- Dark blue eyes!)

/> />
    edited December 2016

The full version.   Time to oomph his skin a bit more and let it cook while I sleep. lol TIRED.

• Looking good.  I can't wait to see him finished.  I love those dark blue eyes.

• Ohh he looks great . And I agree with Knittingmommy , I love the dark blue eyes too .

edited December 2016

Thanks to you both!

.........and I realized I had forgotten to put M7's facial morphs back into him.........lol  Whoops.

Anyway- here is the base face with the M7 body morphs at 60% and added Gen3Male body morphs with added emitter panels and different hair.  His skin's a bit more oomphed, too, in the material shaders.

He looks great! I bet he'd go well with Aibell. They both have those wonderful moles and freckles. The new eyebrows really suit him. So do the dark blue eyes.

• Thank you!  I do like the blues as well, and will be making those his base eyes. Aibell? Whodat?

• Ooo.  Yes, she is a lovely one.  Wish I purchased her, that would be a great pairing.

edited December 2016

Shanghai lights this time with a different .exr file for the HDRI map for Iray.  WITH M7's head morphs dialed back in at 60%.  Gonna re-save that asap so I don't forget again.  Close up of those blues, too.  The render is 5 minutes, completed up to 1%. lol- just a test.  Gonna have to work the bump at his hairline- seems I blended too much of it away and it just went bye-bye.  He has normals now, as well in this one- so those will have to be fixed, too.

edited December 2016

You know, he looks very good both ways- with and without the M7 morphs. He might blend very well with some of the other G3Ms like Parker does.

Iain's skin is just outstanding. The lights just seem to caress it.

Thanks for the lighting notes. They are really helpful. I'm still trying to improve my skills in that area (and in everything else, it seems!)

• Thank you, and no problem!  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

• So-after wrapping gifts and errands, I managed to re-save his morphs (they were borked up for some odd reason and not saved correctly...four times) and thickened the original brows I tested him with, got them a bit closer together and re-did the bump and normal maps for that face.  Added a no brow option as well as 6 complete eye colors, separate options for each iris and four scleras.  Testing a render with a different eye color and the fixed brows and will post it up in the am.  Time to crash.

edited December 2016

You've been busy! Iain just gets better and better. The brows look great, and that skin, wowzas. I bet red hair would look great with those freckles and the brown eyes.

Ooo.  Yes, she is a lovely one.  Wish I purchased her, that would be a great pairing.

Aibell is on sale today- 70% off with new release + any holiday banner discounts you might have. Got her for under $2. She's waiting for Iain whenever he hits the store. Still need to finish some renders of Damon and Lilith 7. They look amazing together in the test renders I did. 

• Thank you!  Yup, busy or in trouble. ;)

SO.  Redhead/blonde, I have a brow that could be either, or.  Just updated the bump/normal maps for a bit more detail on his face, so I'll show that next.  Oh- and green eyes.

Ooh, wow. The green eyes really compliments his skin tone. So does the hair he's wearing there. What hair is that? Looks very good.

• Thank you. :)  The fine details for the next render may have to be done in different lighting...lol  I added fine lines around his eyes and a bit more oomph to his bump map, but I think it needs a rim light or something else to show it better.  I'll still post the test, but I'll do another with different lighting to see if I can actually SEE the details I tried out.

The hair is https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_35343 with one of the hair color materials that come with it.  I had to dial down the hairline and go into the parameters into one of the hairline dials to make it  -100 to get it down far enough that he didn't look like his hairline was receeding as bad.

• Here's the render with the new bumps- which aren't showing up much.  Next one will have different lighting and eye materials. :)

• They show up a bit better here, which is what I was mostly after.  Fine details, not details to make him aged.  And.  Demon eyes.  Because I could.

Doing one more with firbre mesh brows and his no brow option, another pair of fantasy eyes and fibre mesh hair.  Just because.  Different lighting and angle as well.  Then it's off to bed.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Those blue eyes are stunning!  He's looking really good.  I like the reddish brown eyes quite a bit as well.

This discussion has been closed.