Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072
    edited December 2016

and this is him with G7 at 60%. I think I prefer the M7 idea better.  Now, to his skin and body moprhs. ;)

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2016

Had an hour before we had to go out today- so I started on his skin.  Showing off the frontal facial morph as well with this one.  He's wearing Dmitri's Green Eye Materials atm as well as the Growing Up eyebrow LIE set since I hadn't finished the base skin just yet..  SO much to do.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

He's looking really good, Darwin! I like the M7 better too. Can't wait to see how he evolves! You're off to an awesome start, as usual. 

• Thanks!  I'll actually show one of my arch nemesis-seams-for the next one.  Then, the after. :)

edited December 2016

Seams.

So, the next step is to correct the tonal differances between the head and torso, and the legs and torso, before moving on with anything.  If things dont' match, things don't work.  This is how my guys usually start out-I tend to frankenstein so many resources, it's inevitable. 

edited December 2016

Another quick render to show the major differences between the head and torso...and the tonal effects in PS are set exactly the same.  So, time for extra frankensteining of stuff!

edited December 2016

It's alive...alive!!! 

Actually, it's very interesting. Never knew what went into character creation. It's fascinating to watch the process (while keeping one eyeball on the store for Parker to show up! HA)

Do you work on the skins and seams in Photoshop or something else?

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Thanks!

I start in photoshop with the skin; using merchant resources, photo resources, photoshop resources and once I get the tonal range I want in the skin itself I move to blacksmith to phase out the seam issues.  I'm doing one more render of his face after tweaking in PS and will post before he gets slapped into blacksmith for his head/torso seams.  Then it'll be those blasted legs.  The arms...oddly enough...had no issues at all. 

Poor Iain, slapping him around like that! 

Which areas usually give you the most trouble? Or does it just vary from character to character?

edited December 2016

So-here he is after the photoshop work. Using masks on various layers, it was relatively easy to mask out the differences between the torso and the head coloring.  Since I wasn't working on the actual skin layers, just the effects layers, it's easier to do it that way.  For me, anyway.

There is a minor difference between the ear and the cheek and a bit at the neck area, but it's close enough to easily work in blacksmith to fix.  Time to shove him in there.

Poor guy. I hope he survives it!

• lol- he did.  Time to render the test. ;)

• Llynara said:

Poor Iain, slapping him around like that! 

Which areas usually give you the most trouble? Or does it just vary from character to character?

It is dependant on the character, but generally the neck and top of the head and gens that give me the most issues due to the resolution size difference between the material zones.

Sounds like a lot of work fixing things uptown and...."downtown" LOL

• lol-always.  Soon as this render is done, I am probably done for the day- we have things to do with company coming tomorrow. 

edited December 2016

Ok- last one.

So, still work to be done, of course.  Some minor, some major, but I'd say about 80% of the main diffuse seams are fixed for the most part.  Will have to check toes, fingers and work on the leg seams, as well as color corrections on his face, chest, shoulders and arms to remove some redness and add it elsewhere (going for a tanned look this time, so I have to mimic how the skin tans and where it doesn't).

• He's coming along nicely.

Thanks for letting us follow your workflow and the issues that can show up. It's really interesting to see how much work goes in to creating a character.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited December 2016

I am finding inspiration and interest in watching how it all unfolds and all the work that goes into creating charactors.

EDITED TO FIX SPELLING

Post edited by Saphirewild on

Oh, his skin is looking very good! Can't wait to see the finished version. He's lovely.

• Thank you!

However- I did have to start over.  I didn't realize that the PS tonal effects turned his knees massively sunburnt orange and his feet just........orange.  So, I went to square one and will start that process again. *Grin* Picky I be.

edited December 2016

LOL- you mean you accidentally turned him into an Oompah Loompah? cheeky

• laugh...... those things... loathe.

but ... yes.  Yes, I did.  

I'm sure he'll forgive you...eventually! LOL

• he might, he might not. lol  

Ooh the suspense is killing meh! cheeky

• I am finding the process fascinating, too.  It will be a long time before I'm ready to tackle something like this, but I love seeing the process.  :)

• I had fixes to do on Parker last night- so no new update on Iain yet.  Sorry!  ;) 

I used to really enjoy seeing how people did things myself, but back then there weren't that many that wanted to show their processes, so it was few and far between. That, or I just had no idea where to find those posts- That was probably back in '08 when I started getting interested in how this was done.  I always wonder if people would actually wanna know, and I'm glad people that stop in this thread do enjoy seeing the processes, back and forth, and even my mistakes.  Just glad people can't hear me swearing. lol

edited December 2016

Well- we'll see how things go!  Until then...

I need to find a better hoodie for him to wear. 

edited December 2016

LOL on the swearing! Parker looked like he's got a few choice words. He seems kind of cranky, like he hasn't had his coffee this morning. Or maybe he just doesn't like that hoodie!

• lol- "Why the hell am I in a woman's hoodie, bub?"

This discussion has been closed.