Babes on a Budget

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Found this thread again!!!! *pokes head in, scrawls comment on wall* cheeky

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited October 2016

A classic pinup with a modern latex twist. lol :)

I'm testing out a new rim lighting rig that I made! I love it! 

It's pretty easy to do. Create a fairly large torus primitive then add 6-8 spotlights and move them around to the edges of the torus and placing them as evenly apart as you can - then parent them to the torus. I then used a glass shader on the torus (just to make sure that it doesn't block any light) and then "hid" the torus. Saving that as a Scene Subset gives you a nice rim lighting rig that you can then bring into any scene.

For nice rim lighting, move the rig/torus behind the figure and have each spotlight "point at" the figure. 

Though it's easy to do, it takes a bit of time to create the rig, but you only need to do it once. Once you do it and save it as a scene subset you can use it in any scene for fast and easy rim lights. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited October 2016

A like button would be nice- but I always lurk. ;)  You've got some nice works going on here.

Thank you! That means a lot to me! :) I admire your work a lot - you create such great characters, so it's really a treat to have you coming to visit my little space! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on

I really like what you've done with Athyn.  Great character!

Athyn is definitely my favorite of my characters! :D She became my muse as soon as I was done making her and she is still going strong! heheh :)

Thank you for the lovely comment, Jack! :)

SimonJM said:

Found this thread again!!!! *pokes head in, scrawls comment on wall* cheeky

Yay! Thank you for poking your head in, Simon! It means a lot to me! heart

You can scrawl your comments on my wall anytime. :)  I always appreciate feedback!

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562
    edited October 2016

Absolutely awesome, Diva! The strands of hair draping are a really nice touch.

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
    edited October 2016

Absolutely awesome, Diva! The strands of hair draping are a really nice touch.

- Greg

Thank you, Greg! :D

That's one of my favorite hair - Char hair. It comes with some pretty nice morphs. The hair and the outfit came with the Lilith 6 pro bundle that I managed to score for $17 a few months ago. :) It's my only pro bundle but it's pretty sweet and comes with a lot of great stuff that I use quite a bit. In fact the second image I posted has the couch from "Leisure Time" in it from that bundle. 

Thank you for the great comment! :) I always appreciate your support and feedback! 

Post edited by 3Diva on

I've been on a pinup girl kick lately. I make no apologies. lol :P I've created a couple of new characters but my favorite of my new characters is this cutie toon (toon-ish?) girl. :)

I don't know what to name her yet. But I'm having fun doing some renders of her. :)

edited November 2016

I'm really loving the new character Narkissa! She's really cool. I've not had a character before that is kind of a creature type character, but I've been wanting a cat girl character for quite a while. So when I saw her I was like - 'OHHHH SWEET! She might make a good cat girl!'. And sure enough, with a few morphs, a few tweaks, and a tail, she makes a cute cat girl, imo. LOL Leave it to me to see a creepy bat-creature type character and think "Oh oh! Let's make her a pin-up cat girl!". lol

Post edited by 3Diva on

I'm really loving the new character Narkissa! She's really cool. I've not had a character before that is kind of a creature type character, but I've been wanting a cat girl character for quite a while. So when I saw her I was like - 'OHHHH SWEET! She might make a good cat girl!'. And sure enough, with a few morphs, a few tweaks, and a tail, she makes a cute cat girl, imo. LOL Leave it to me to see a creepy bat-creature type character and think "Oh oh! Let's make her a pin-up cat girl!". lol

That shadow is awesome in the first render! You know I like the beasties. Question about the character - are the ears a morph, or geograft? If a morph, I would love to get that morph transferred into the Genesis gene pool.

- Greg

• I love your 'cutie toon'. :)  Those glasses really sell her look and I'm happy to see you did that in all of her pictures.  As for you cat ears, did you do those yourself or is that a product somewhere?  Those are awesome ears!

• I'm really loving the new character Narkissa! She's really cool. I've not had a character before that is kind of a creature type character, but I've been wanting a cat girl character for quite a while. So when I saw her I was like - 'OHHHH SWEET! She might make a good cat girl!'. And sure enough, with a few morphs, a few tweaks, and a tail, she makes a cute cat girl, imo. LOL Leave it to me to see a creepy bat-creature type character and think "Oh oh! Let's make her a pin-up cat girl!". lol

Shes an excellent character isnt she? Ive always enjoyed FW's vampire characters. I wouldnt have thought of making her a cat girl though! Nice work. :))

• That shadow is awesome in the first render! You know I like the beasties. Question about the character - are the ears a morph, or geograft? If a morph, I would love to get that morph transferred into the Genesis gene pool.

- Greg

The ears are part of the Narkissa Vampire Head morph. Unfortunately, there is no way to dial the ears seperate from the complete vampire head morph that I am aware of. But as diva certainly demonstrated, you could definetely mix up some face morphs to un-vamp the character.

I love your 'cutie toon'. :)  Those glasses really sell her look and I'm happy to see you did that in all of her pictures.  As for you cat ears, did you do those yourself or is that a product somewhere?  Those are awesome ears!

http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-narkissa-hd-for-genesis-3-female-s . :)

• That shadow is awesome in the first render! You know I like the beasties. Question about the character - are the ears a morph, or geograft? If a morph, I would love to get that morph transferred into the Genesis gene pool.

- Greg

The ears are part of the Narkissa Vampire Head morph. Unfortunately, there is no way to dial the ears seperate from the complete vampire head morph that I am aware of. But as diva certainly demonstrated, you could definetely mix up some face morphs to un-vamp the character.

I love your 'cutie toon'. :)  Those glasses really sell her look and I'm happy to see you did that in all of her pictures.  As for you cat ears, did you do those yourself or is that a product somewhere?  Those are awesome ears!

http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-narkissa-hd-for-genesis-3-female-s ;

Thanks.  I should have gotten the reference to start with, but I wasn't quite awake yet.  I'm awake now!  I don't know how I missed this character, but she's on the wishlist now.  :)

• Nice images, @divamakeup.

I've never understood backlighting. Or never got it to really show up on the figure. I've tried that three point light system that I've read about, but never was really satified with my efforts. For one thing, I'm not really sure where you put the back light. I'm thinking it goes behind the figure, otherwise it would be shining into the camera. Or maybe you put it behind the figure but above the figure so it is out of camera site. Maybe I don't make the light bright enough. Or maybe I don't use enough of them.

One of the videos I watched on this was the one by DreamLight, but his results were better than mine. Guess I'll try making a rig like yours!

That shadow is awesome in the first render! You know I like the beasties. Question about the character - are the ears a morph, or geograft? If a morph, I would love to get that morph transferred into the Genesis gene pool.

- Greg

Thanks, AUN. I wrote some rough geometry manipulation scripts a while ago that'll do partial morphs based on a soft selection. Maybe I'll dig those up and try transferring the whole morph to G1, and then creating a partial for those ears.

- Greg

edited November 2016

- Greg

Thank you, Greg! :D As for the ears - it's a full head morph. The Narkissa character has a regular head and the Vampire head with the ears. You can dial the head with the ear morphs in by either dialing in the full Narkissa Vampire body morph or just dial in the head which has a separate head morph option.

I did some quick renders to show Narkissa Vampire (the full body morph, not just the head morph) dialed into Victoria 7 in increments of 25%:

And, of course, the head can be dialed in separately from the body. :) She's really an awesome character. I'm usually not a fan of creature characters but I absolutely love her! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited November 2016

Thank you, KM!! :D Yeah, I decided to make a near-sighted character. She also doesn't like to wear contacts so she has to wear the glasses or she's blind as a bat. lol 

The ears are a great head morph that comes with the Narkissa character. It's a wonderful character that I definitely recommend for anyone wanting a creature type character in their G3F character gene pool. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on

Shes an excellent character isnt she? Ive always enjoyed FW's vampire characters. I wouldnt have thought of making her a cat girl though! Nice work. :))

Thank you, AUN! :D FW and FWSA make awesome characters, I agree! And so affordable! Really top notch characters and at such an amazing price. I think I paid $7 for Narkissa, which is a total steal considering how detailed and great of a character she is! :) FWSA really out did themselves with her, IMO. 

edited November 2016
    KevinH said:

Nice images, @divamakeup.

I've never understood backlighting. Or never got it to really show up on the figure. I've tried that three point light system that I've read about, but never was really satified with my efforts. For one thing, I'm not really sure where you put the back light. I'm thinking it goes behind the figure, otherwise it would be shining into the camera. Or maybe you put it behind the figure but above the figure so it is out of camera site. Maybe I don't make the light bright enough. Or maybe I don't use enough of them.

One of the videos I watched on this was the one by DreamLight, but his results were better than mine. Guess I'll try making a rig like yours!

Back lighting or rim lighting goes behind the character (sometimes a bit behind and off to the side). Then you're going to want the light to "point at" the character. You do that by clicking on the light and then in the "parameters tab" where it says "point at" - have it point at the character. 

You'll probably want at least 3 spot lights and you're also going to want the lights to be pretty bright. I have seven spot lights parented to a torus primitive and then saved as a scene subset. That way I can drag that thing into any scene and move it anywhere I want to. It makes a big difference in my scene lighting, imo. Just have to remember to make the torus invisible before I render. :)

If you are still having trouble with it let me know and I'll see if there is a way I can share the light rigging that I made. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Thanks, for the explanation, divamakeup. I'll see what I can do!

edited November 2016

Due to what's going on in my country I'm suffering from some deep depression. I'm not sure how much I'll be around for a while. I just wanted to let you guys know on the off chance that anyone notices me not being around as much or at all. I doubt anyone would notice anyway, but just in case. I'm hoping that I'll pull out of this shock and depression soon - I am hoping it won't last long at all. In case it does though, know that I've appreciated you guys and your lovely comments and your wonderful support of me and my art and my journey. You guys are awesome and supportive people and I hope that everyone is doing well.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Of course we would notice!  I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. 

• I hope you feel better soon, Diva. You're one of the happier personalities on the forums, so it's sad that you're feeling depressed. You'll be missed while you're gone.

• Due to what's going on in my country I'm suffering from some deep depression. I'm not sure how much I'll be around for a while. I just wanted to let you guys know on the off chance that anyone notices me not being around as much or at all. I doubt anyone would notice anyway, but just in case. I'm hoping that I'll pull out of this shock and depression soon - I am hoping it won't last long at all. In case it does though, know that I've appreciated you guys and your lovely comments and your wonderful support of me and my art and my journey. You guys are awesome and supportive people and I hope that everyone is doing well.

Hold your chin up. Have strength.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,024

You are appreciated here.  Please participate when you can, and be with blessings when you can't.

Of course we would notice!  I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. 

Thank you, Sonja. :) I'm a little better now, hopefully I'll be back to myself soon. 

I hope you feel better soon, Diva. You're one of the happier personalities on the forums, so it's sad that you're feeling depressed. You'll be missed while you're gone.

Awww Thank you! :) That's really kind of you to say, MM! 

Due to what's going on in my country I'm suffering from some deep depression. I'm not sure how much I'll be around for a while. I just wanted to let you guys know on the off chance that anyone notices me not being around as much or at all. I doubt anyone would notice anyway, but just in case. I'm hoping that I'll pull out of this shock and depression soon - I am hoping it won't last long at all. In case it does though, know that I've appreciated you guys and your lovely comments and your wonderful support of me and my art and my journey. You guys are awesome and supportive people and I hope that everyone is doing well.

Hold your chin up. Have strength.

Thanks, AUN. I'm feeling a little better. I appreciate the support! :)

diomede said:

You are appreciated here.  Please participate when you can, and be with blessings when you can't.

I am? Awww Thank you, diomede! :D That's really nice to hear!

I'm trying my best to "come back" and get back to myself. :) I'm going to try and participate in the forum more, as I hope that will help me feel better. I've been trying to over the past few days, but couldn't bring myself to comment or get involved in the forum. I'm feeling a little better today so I'm trying harder.

Thanks again for you guys' kind words! You all are great! 

Welcome back, Diva! Maybe focusing on creating and rendering something will help?

- Greg

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Nil illegitimatari carborundum!

• Well howdy do there neighbor?