Babes on a Budget

Comments

• Oh my gosh you have not seen Flash Gordon?!?!  Total cult classic B movie.  I don't even know how to describe it. Its like a space opera on steroid with great music by Queen.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Oh my gosh you have not seen Flash Gordon?!?!  Total cult classic B movie.  I don't even know how to describe it. Its like a space opera on steroid with great music by Queen.

Music by Queen!? Then I DEFINITELY have to see it! :D

I finally cracked and spent some money on the PA sale. And since you guys didn't totally hate the last one (thank you for all the great feedback, btw), here's another quick "New Acquisition" render. 

This one actually kills two birds with one stone - a render with two new acquisitions. The girl is actually G2F, but with G3F textures thanks to the product that finally made me spend money on the PA sale: Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis 2 Females. I was able to score it pretty cheap with the PA sale discount coupled with the addition of PC+ coupon. I really like this product. My G2F girls look pretty good imo, with G3F textures! :) 

The second product is the Pool Deck Exterior, which is this past week's PC+ freebie. Free is good! We like free around here! heheh :) And the pool is cool. I really like the tiling and the wooden fence. 

But that girl ...that girl might just be my new muse. lol :) I worked pretty hard on her and I think she turned out pretty good, imo. :) The skin is a customized mix of V7 texture and G3F base texture, and the body and face was a lot of tweaking and working to get it just how I wanted it. I purposefully gave her some slight asymmetry for some added realism. All in all it was worth the effort though as I really like how she came out. Now I just need to come up with a name for her. :)

• Ha I went looking for that product and found I had already purchased it when it was on sale lol.  I should go try it out.  She looks really good!  Haven't tried the pool yet either but its a nice looking set!

Ha I went looking for that product and found I had already purchased it when it was on sale lol.  I should go try it out.  She looks really good!  Haven't tried the pool yet either but its a nice looking set!

The first time you use it it's a bit confusing - but if you follow the direction the Read Me or user guide, it's pretty easy after that. :) 

The only issue I'm having is saving it as a character. It doesn't seam to save the geographs correctly or something. I found a work around though - if you save it as a Scene Subset instead of a Character Preset then it works perfectly. 

edited November 2016

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited September 2016

Here's my new muse (G2F using G3F mats thanks to Cayman Studio's new product) - she's using the new shader settings (from the post above):

I think I'll name her Athyn. My second favorite character is Valyn so I'm trying to stick with the "___yn" theme. lol

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Here's my new muse (G2F using G3F mats thanks to Cayman Studio's new product) - she's using the new shader settings (from the post above):

I think I'll name her Athyn. My second favorite character is Valyn so I'm trying to stick with the "___yn" theme. lol

Beautiful!  You really did an outstanding job with Athyn!

Here's my new muse (G2F using G3F mats thanks to Cayman Studio's new product) - she's using the new shader settings (from the post above):

Beautiful!  You really did an outstanding job with Athyn!

Thank you, TabascoJack! :D That's nice of you to say! 

It's funny, I fooled my husband. He thought it was a photo of a real woman. lol I'm like 'Yes! Success!" - as I've been trying to get as close to photo real as I can. I think she's still not quite "there" but getting closer, imo. I think the slight asymmetry and the displacement maps are helping. :)

Thank you for the great comment! :D

• It's funny, I fooled my husband. He thought it was a photo of a real woman. lol I'm like 'Yes! Success!" - as I've been trying to get as close to photo real as I can. I think she's still not quite "there" but getting closer, imo. I think the slight asymmetry and the displacement maps are helping. :)

There was some other thread a few days ago where you posted about working on skin settings. At the time, I couldn't comment because there were other people in the office and I couldn't leave the hips/midrift up on the 40" monitor (lol). I can't remember which thread it was, but I remember thinking the skin looked very photo-realistic! These all look great, Diva!

- Greg

• Looks awesome Diva!

• Ha I went looking for that product and found I had already purchased it when it was on sale lol.  I should go try it out.  She looks really good!  Haven't tried the pool yet either but its a nice looking set!

The first time you use it it's a bit confusing - but if you follow the direction the Read Me or user guide, it's pretty easy after that. :) 

The only issue I'm having is saving it as a character. It doesn't seam to save the geographs correctly or something. I found a work around though - if you save it as a Scene Subset instead of a Character Preset then it works perfectly. 

I use scene subset a lot lol.  I did give it a try and it was a bit confusing to figure out at first although being able to put the two tabs on the tool bar was a big help.  Its definitely going to be fun to play with!

It's funny, I fooled my husband. He thought it was a photo of a real woman. lol I'm like 'Yes! Success!" - as I've been trying to get as close to photo real as I can. I think she's still not quite "there" but getting closer, imo. I think the slight asymmetry and the displacement maps are helping. :)

There was some other thread a few days ago where you posted about working on skin settings. At the time, I couldn't comment because there were other people in the office and I couldn't leave the hips/midrift up on the 40" monitor (lol). I can't remember which thread it was, but I remember thinking the skin looked very photo-realistic! These all look great, Diva!

- Greg

Did you mean this one? 

I hope I didn't get you in trouble at work! lol

That texture is one I've been working on that's a mix of G3F base texture and the V7 texture - along with the shader/settings I shared the link to above. :) I'm really glad you like the results! The artists who did the textures for V7 and base G3F did an INCREDIBLE job with photo real textures. I'm really impressed with the detail they included - it just needs some settings tweaking to bring out those great details! :)

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I'm very glad to know that it's looking more realistic! :) That really makes me happy as I've put quite a bit of effort into trying to get her textures and settings to look more real. :D

Looks awesome Diva!

Thank you, Sonja! :)

edited September 2016

Ha I went looking for that product and found I had already purchased it when it was on sale lol.  I should go try it out.  She looks really good!  Haven't tried the pool yet either but its a nice looking set!

I use scene subset a lot lol.  I did give it a try and it was a bit confusing to figure out at first although being able to put the two tabs on the tool bar was a big help.  Its definitely going to be fun to play with!

I've only just recently discovered Scene Subset. lol I usually just save all my changes and tweaks and figure experiments as a "Character Preset" - which is why I have a ton of "characters" named stuff like "elf girl WIP 1", "elf girl WIP 2", etc. lol I should probably start using Scene Subsets instead. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • It's funny, I fooled my husband. He thought it was a photo of a real woman. lol I'm like 'Yes! Success!" - as I've been trying to get as close to photo real as I can. I think she's still not quite "there" but getting closer, imo. I think the slight asymmetry and the displacement maps are helping. :)

- Greg

Did you mean this one? 

That texture is one I've been working on that's a mix of G3F base texture and the V7 texture - along with the shader/settings I shared the link to above. :) I'm really glad you like the results! The artists who did the textures for V7 and base G3F did an INCREDIBLE job with photo real textures. I'm really impressed with the detail they included - it just needs some settings tweaking to bring out those great details! :)

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I'm very glad to know that it's looking more realistic! :) That really makes me happy as I've put quite a bit of effort into trying to get her textures and settings to look more real. :D

Those are the hips! I do think the displacement makes a huge difference. They really look excellent, Diva, and I'm not just sayin that because I love me some hips ;)

- Greg

- Greg

Did you mean this one? 

Those are the hips! I do think the displacement makes a huge difference. They really look excellent, Diva, and I'm not just sayin that because I love me some hips ;)

- Greg

Thank you, Greg! :D And yeah, the displacement maps make a difference for sure. :)

edited September 2016

Another couple of "Acquisition" renders. This time they aren't quite as quick as my other acquisition renders, because for some reason this set seams to be pretty hard on the computer (either that or it's just my computer acting up, which is possible). They took ages to render for some reason.

The set is Old Industrial Interior which is free this week for PC+. I kind of like how these came out. The grace and elegance of my girl Athyn created kind of a neat juxtaposition against the rough and run-down environment, imo.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

that is incredible!!!!! *boggles*  

Did you mean this one? 

@jakiblue lol Thank you! That's a sweet comment! :)

edited September 2016

A quick "Acquisition" render.

The outfit is "SciFi Bunny for Genesis" which I got for free in the Genesis SciFi Starter Bundle. The background is free from DS Creative magazine. I'm not sure which issue it's in - but it's worth looking through them all, imo, as there are quite a few good freebies in them. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

That's fantastic skin. Nice one :)

Jimbow said:

That's fantastic skin. Nice one :)

Thank you, Jimbow! :)

edited September 2016

New Acquisition render. This one is the Restricted Zone set which is this week's PC+ freebie. I coupled it with the Urban Street set that was also a PC+ freebie a couple months ago.

The boots are from the "SciFi Bunny for Genesis" outfit which is a freebie right now with the Genesis Scifi Starter Bundle. The outfit is the Victoria 4.2 Body suit which I picked up for super cheap with a $4 Victoria 4 bundle. The sunglasses are a freebie from ShareCG.com. The hair is Desideria Hair which came with the Lilith 6 Pro Bungle that I managed to score for $17. I also layered on Aldora Hair which came free with Genesis Starter Essentials. The gun is from the XO SWAT Weapons Unit set which I picked up for about $1 during a "stacking" sale. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited September 2016

I love these dolls! Sickleyield and Fuseling did an awesome job creating them! :D 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited September 2016

V4 Future Cop on G3F. The background is Collective3d Portrait Vignettes Sci-Fi 3 which was a PC+ freebie a couple months ago. 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Portrait of Athyn. 

• Portrait of Athyn. 

Great expression, good use of lighting.  

Very nice work!

• Portrait of Athyn. 

My favorite out of the recent batch of posts!  Really good!  That isn't to say the others are bad cause they aren't, but I love this one.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Portrait of Athyn. 

I agree, I like them all but this one is stunning.