Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited October 2016

Portrait of Athyn. 

Great expression, good use of lighting.  

Very nice work!

Thank you, @TabascoJack! :) 

Portrait of Athyn. 

My favorite out of the recent batch of posts!  Really good!  That isn't to say the others are bad cause they aren't, but I love this one.

Thanks, @Knittingmommy :) I was hesitant to post it as it's pretty small, but I'm glad you guys like it! :)

Portrait of Athyn. 

I agree, I like them all but this one is stunning.

@Ice Dragon Art Thanks so much, Sonja! Athyn is definitely my favorite of my characters! :) I definitely owe it to Cayman Studios' Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis 2 Female(s). It helped bring my G2F characters to a new level, imo. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • I like what you did with your avatar!  Great image!  :)

I like what you did with your avatar!  Great image!  :)

Thank you! That's my muse Athyn. :)

edited October 2016

Patrolwoman Athyn, reporting for duty, ma'am. 

Stopped at 50% because it was taking ages. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Nice!   How are you liking your first PC+ sale?

Nice!   How are you liking your first PC+ sale?

Thank you! I REALLY like it! I managed to get a LOT of awesome items - I'm sure they are going to take work to convert to Iray, but to me that's part of the fun. :)

I'd probably like this sale more if I could actually download what I bought though. lol There are still issues with the downloads and I can't get what I bought downloaded. I managed to finally download ONE of the items after over three hours. o.O

I'm sure they'll eventually fix it though. I just hope they do it soon. These issues have been bad and have been going on for over a week now. 

Ya I finally got mine loaded a couple minutes ago.  Need to put everything in the right categories then I will be ready to go lol. This is one of my favorite sales lol.

Ya I finally got mine loaded a couple minutes ago.  Need to put everything in the right categories then I will be ready to go lol. This is one of my favorite sales lol.

You and I both! :D If the rest of the sale is going to be as awesome as the first day has been (as far as the great deals) then this is definitely going to be my favorite sale since I started here about six months ago. And that's saying a lot, because we've had some pretty awesome stacking sales when I first started. heheh :D 

All in all I've spent $7 this first day and got nearly $300 worth of content! 

I can't wait until they fix the downloads so I can get these in my runtime and start doing some renders with them! :D

Ya that mega pack is awesome isn't it?  Last year there were at least two of those that I remember.  I grabbed it because it actually didn't have anything in it I already own lol.  I also picked up Absolution and the Study items as well as a couple others

edited October 2016

Ya that mega pack is awesome isn't it?  Last year there were at least two of those that I remember.  I grabbed it because it actually didn't have anything in it I already own lol.  I also picked up Absolution and the Study items as well as a couple others

Absolution is absolutely incredible! (see what I did there? :P lol)

I love this set! It's MASSIVE and gorgeous! 

See that figure in the middle there, holding the fire? That's a full size G2F. This thing is so big! I love it!! 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Wow I had no idea it was that big!  Oh that's going to be perfect for dragons!

edited October 2016

This PC+ sale has been INSANE! I hope you guys are ready for a big influx of "new acquisition" renders! :D

Here's the first one from the PC+ sale. 3 Raven Court and the 3 Raven Court Expansion. Both for about .60 cents each. Along with some freebie trees (likely from sharecg) and a free HDR. 

I think this might be my first render without a figure in it. I probably should have added one, at least for scale purposes. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on

I don't think it needs a figure.  I like it as is.  I think I got these at the last pc+ sale.  Really detailed set with lots and lots of bits and pieces.

• That looks great.  You should enter a render in the PC Anniversary contest with some of your new acquisitions.  :)

I don't think it needs a figure.  I like it as is.  I think I got these at the last pc+ sale.  Really detailed set with lots and lots of bits and pieces.

Thank you, Sonja! It's a fun set! :D It's quarky and unique. I like it! 

That looks great.  You should enter a render in the PC Anniversary contest with some of your new acquisitions.  :)

Thank you, Knittingmommy! They are doing a PC Anniversary contest? Cool! I'll have to see if I can find it! :)

New aquisition render. Haunted Mansion and Haunted Mansion Expansion 1 - both for less than .40 cents each (part of the 8 for $2.99 BYOB).

Athyn and I say hi! :) I hope you all are having a great weekend! I'm busy with working on some commissions but as soon as I find some time I'll render some more of my PC+ sale acquisitions.

I hope you guys are enjoying your Sunday and enjoying the PC+ sale! :)

Environment - Mini Haven (PC+ freebie a few months ago) 

Beautiful Clothes - by Wilmap (free, because she's AWESOME!)

Hair - Long Hair Evo V3 (free)

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575

Athyn and I say hi! :) I hope you all are having a great weekend! I'm busy with working on some commissions but as soon as I find some time I'll render some more of my PC+ sale acquisitions.

Love the shadow on this one, Diva! And thanks for the link to the Evo V3 hair - there's a bunch of other hair there, too. The older stuff renders just fine for my NPR purposes and is much lighter weight straight out of the box (resources wise) than newer, current hair.

- Greg

Love the shadow on this one, Diva! And thanks for the link to the Evo V3 hair - there's a bunch of other hair there, too. The older stuff renders just fine for my NPR purposes and is much lighter weight straight out of the box (resources wise) than newer, current hair.

- Greg

Thank you for the feedback! :D 

And yeah, the older hair is pretty awesome. I have to say, I like a LOT of the older hair much better than many of the newer hair. The evo hair and the wavy hair are both old - one is V3 and the other is V4 and they both, to me, look good - even in Iray. :) 

One more with Mini Haven. :)

Ok, now it's time to watch an episode of Stargate and then get some sleep. 

I hope you guys have a great Sunday! :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited October 2016

No feedback does not mean hate!  Some of us are just lurkers.  Remember the punch line from that very, very old joke.  "Up until now, the soup has been satisfactory."

Divamakeup said

"I have this thing where as soon as I get something new I do a render or two with it right away (in the hopes that I won't ever forget what all I have). These renders just sit on my hard drive (as they probably should, as they are just quick renders that aren't anything really special). However, I rarely do what I should - so I think I'll start posting these ugly ducklings. Just so at least I can have a place where I can go back and be like - oh yeah, I have that. lol

Anyway, if you guys really hate them or I get like no feedback (which means you guys hate them lol) then I'll stop posting them and just leave them on my hard drive. :) 

So, hesitantly, here's the first quick "new acquisition" render."

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited October 2016
    diomede said:

No feedback does not mean hate!  Some of us are just lurkers.  Remember the punch line from that very, very old joke.  "Up until now, the soup has been satisfactory."

Oh good! I've often wondered, when occasionally I'll make several posts in a row and no one says anything, if anyone has even seen them. :) I'm glad there are lurkers at least. heheh Though I'd probably still keep posting, as this is still a nice place for me to go back and see what all I've done and see what all I have to work with (perhaps years later when I've likely forgotten lol). I'm trying to treat this place as like an archive of my journey into 3D art. lol It might only be interesting to me, but I'm still having fun doing it! 

Thank you for leaving a comment! :) I'm glad to know that there are people who see the work, even if there are not comments! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • I don't always post, but you can be sure I'm still watching the thread even if I haven't posted in awhile.  :)  I like the lighting and posing on that last one.

I feel the same way sometimes lol.  I don't always comment either but it generally means that I don't have anything intelligent to say lol.

I don't always post, but you can be sure I'm still watching the thread even if I haven't posted in awhile.  :)  I like the lighting and posing on that last one.

Thank you, Knittingmommy! :)

And yeah, I'm definitely a "lurker" too. I love seeing what you guys are up to but often don't have anything to say, except maybe "cool!" which I'm sure isn't that helpful. lol

I definitely appreciate you guys coming in and taking a look, even if you don't comment. I don't comment often either - but I am watching. Particularly you, Novica, the NPR thread, Sonja, Tabasco Jack, and a couple others who's work I like and love to check out (even if I don't comment).

I feel the same way sometimes lol.  I don't always comment either but it generally means that I don't have anything intelligent to say lol.

Thank you, Sonja! :) And yeah, I totally get the non-commenting thing. I watch several of you guys but don't often comment. I wish there was a "like" button though. That way the artists know that others have seen the post. lol Because often I don't have anything helpful to say, and I'm sure just saying "nice!" or "cool!" is a bit lame, so I often will just not comment. A like button would be pretty sweet though - showing my support without feeling silly since I don't have anything helpful or particularly intelligent to say. lol

I appreciate you guys' support though!  I'm glad to know you guys are poking your head in, even if you don't comment. heart *hugs*

• A like button would be nice- but I always lurk. ;)  You've got some nice works going on here.

• I really like what you've done with Athyn.  Great character!