The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    Tjohn said:
    Rezca said:

The full hatching sequence from that static pic. Well most of it anyway.  That eggshell still on his head ;v;

I hatched an egg in Pokemon Go today. It was a Zubat.laugh

Did it love you and consider you its parent? :D

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    Rezca said:
    Tjohn said:
    Rezca said:

The full hatching sequence from that static pic. Well most of it anyway.  That eggshell still on his head ;v;

I hatched an egg in Pokemon Go today. It was a Zubat.laugh

Did it love you and consider you its parent? :D

Not so much. smiley

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

brush teeth time, early sleepy

shivrr me bones

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited September 2016

Complaint:  I finally found something that is wrong with Windows10.   The Windows10 Mail app is a completely full bucket of crap. sad That also seems to be a popular opinion on the Internet.

At the time I upgraded to Windows10 on three of my machines I took a quick look at the native Mail app and wasn't happy so I downloaded and installed the old WindowsLive Mail 2012 which works fine on Win10.  But today after all three of my machines have finally upgraded to the Anniversary  version I figured they might have improved the Mail app, so just out of curiosity I tried to use the native Win10 Mail app again.  I haven't been able to send or receive one message yet, ever, using Win10 Mail.  So I thought, "OK, let's just delete these mail accounts and start over".  I can't get the mail config panel to come up and have found no way to modify or delete the accounts.   My Win10 installations all use local login accounts.  Do you have to be logged into a Microsoft account to get their mail program to work even if the Mail app is configured to get POP/SNMP mail from 3rd party servers.? 

Until otherwise proven I consider Windows10 Mail to be a piece of junk! frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Rezca said:

Is that your work?

Dana

Complaint:  I finally found something that is wrong with Windows10.   The Windows10 Mail app is a completely full bucket of crap. sad That also seems to be a popular opinion on the Internet.

At the time I upgraded to Windows10 on three of my machines I took a quick look at the native Mail app and wasn't happy so I downloaded and installed the old WindowsLive Mail 2012 which works fine on Win10.  But today after all three of my machines have finally upgraded to the Anniversary  version I figured they might have improved the Mail app, so just out of curiosity I tried to use the native Win10 Mail app again.  I haven't been able to send or receive one message yet, ever, using Win10 Mail.  So I thought, "OK, let's just delete these mail accounts and start over".  I can't get the mail config panel to come up and have found no way to modify or delete the accounts.   My Win10 installations all use local login accounts.  Do you have to be logged into a Microsoft account to get their mail program to work even if the Mail app is configured to get POP/SNMP mail from 3rd party servers.? 

Until otherwise proven I consider Windows10 Mail to be a piece of junk! frown

I've never tried it.  I still use Outlook 2007 for my email.  Well, for my comcast account.  I use webmail on my domain for my website email accounts.  I had a problem a couple of years back...well, I guess it was more than a couple.  I was getting bounced every time I tried to send an email.  I couldn't understand it.  My friend, who has since passed crying , was a network administrator and he told me that because I was sending from Outlook, it was going through my comcast account, yet it was from my dana-anderson.com account.  He said it looked like...I forget the word...a hacked, fake address, so it was being bounced.  When I sent to the exact same email address but used the webmail on my domain to send it, it wasn't bounced and the recipient got it.  So now I always use the webmail for business.

I suspect you might need to be logged into your Microsoft account in order to use the mail app.

Dana

• My friend Henry is one sick goldfish.  He is bloated and having difficulty swimming.  There may be hope for him as he is still swimming even though it is a tad difficult for him. 

I hope your fish feels better soon.

• Tjohn said:

Ow.

Ha Ha!

You probably deserved it.laugh

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited September 2016
    DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:

Is that your work?

Dana

I wish xD

It's a cutscene from an upcoming game releasing in Japan on October 8th.  I played the Demo and it's a lot of fun.

The full scene happens right about here (About 15mins in if the video doesn't auto-jump there) and lasts for about a minute and a half. It hatches, the dragon lunges at you and your two friends are concerned, oh it was just nuzzling and loving you not attacking, the three talk a bit then head home and get chewed out by the village elder for sneaking out, they talk a bit more, and then a really pretty CGI scene plays (20mins into it) and their village gets attacked and the little dragon comes to save the day!  ....But it doesn't exactly go as planned :<

Snapshot - 49.png
    1280 x 720 - 933K
    Snapshot - 50.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Snapshot - 51.png
    1280 x 720 - 473K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684

My friend Henry is one sick goldfish.  He is bloated and having difficulty swimming.  There may be hope for him as he is still swimming even though it is a tad difficult for him. 

Thanks!  so far he is doing better but not 100% yet.  He is still swimming and pooping (which means eatting hopefully).  I did some water changes and got some water prepared for tonight.

When I woke up I thought that Edward (my Betta) died but it turned out that he was asleep.  He is doing fine now. Probably needs some food but other than that he is okay.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

My friend Henry is one sick goldfish.  He is bloated and having difficulty swimming.  There may be hope for him as he is still swimming even though it is a tad difficult for him. 

Thanks!  so far he is doing better but not 100% yet.  He is still swimming and pooping (which means eatting hopefully).  I did some water changes and got some water prepared for tonight.

When I woke up I thought that Edward (my Betta) died but it turned out that he was asleep.  He is doing fine now. Probably needs some food but other than that he is okay.

I've been told that thawing frozen peas and feeding them to Goldfish is a good way of helping them out if they are suffering from gastric problems...

It's worked for my daughters goldfish when they get sick, but mostly they get a couple of different non-goldfish specific foods... Mostly sinking pellets, which tend to be easier for the fish to locate and eat as well as cleaner, with less waste.

Goldfish are essentially Carp, and carp are mostly bottom feeders, not wholly scavengers, but close to it... They spend much of their time sucking up crud from the bottom of wherever they live and aside from the occasional drowned bug or dead thing settled to the bottom, it's mostly vegetable matter... Carp can pretty much eat anything, but goldfish, especially fancy goldfish tend to get gastric problems if fed only goldfish flakes... Goldfish if well cared for can live twenty years or more (I've heard up to 40), but most don't make it past two or three, mostly either because of water conditions (they are very "dirty" fish and produce a lot of ammonia which requires monitoring or more frequent water changes, depending on fish/tank size), or because of diet... Most people just give them standard goldfish flakes (which are pretty much garbage, made from cheap materials that only come close to what goldfish actually need for a healthy existence), but varying their diet with an occasional thawed frozen pea or two (you should take off the skin and crush it slightly so they can munch/suck it to bits easier... Or even cut it to smaller bits depending on the size of the fish), as well as occasionally giving them (sinking) shrimp pellets, or the sinking pellets meant for algae eating catfish.

I'd definitely recommend getting a simple ammonia test kit from the pet store and testing the water... If it's very ammonia rich, there are several solutions, they can range from special filter pads for the filter, AmmoCarb granules (added to filter, usually in a bag), ammonia reducing chemical (very costly in long term), or more frequently changing the water. 

Good luck and I hope your fishy feels better soon.

edited September 2016

Random observation #25,984.0064B

What the hell ever happened to ceilings in restaurants?

I was thinking of making a model of an old Art Deco style restaurant so I was looking at some pix online and it occurred to me how cool the high ceilings were... But a lot of restaurants today also have high ceilings... Especially some of the nicer chains... But why don't they have that same impact... Then it occurred to me it's the stupid black ceilings with elaborate Brazil-like ductwork (the movie Brazil... "I love your ducts!"...? Did anyone ever see that movie?)...(Megh)... Even many of the small private restaurants tend to have blacked out ductwork ceilings... If not that then they have the exposed beams... 

What the hell happened to having an actual ceiling?... Even just a drop ceiling made out of tasteful ceiling tiles (not the cheesy industrial/office type)... 

God knows what's living up there amongst those dark beams, rafters and spindly trusses... Bats I'd reckon, or at least small goblins... Definitely a lot of dust... Probably in establishments that have been around for years, you'd find sophisticated societies of evolved sentient dust mites... 

I don't see them sending people up there to dust often... 

Just keep that in mind the next time you are eating at The Texas Cheesecake Depository™, DJ Wang's™ or Semi-legal Seafood™... 

The Phantom of the Opera™ could be living up there and you'd never know... Unless like his shoe fell off or he slipped or something...  but it's just disturbing that nobody cares about real ceilings anymore... And yeah, drop ceilings are not real ceilings, and loads of things could be frolicking up in those, but at least if they dropped their shoes, it wouldn't land on my skirt steak...

I propose we organize a coalition... "Citizens for Ceilings"... Or something like that... You don't even have to live in the U.S. or be a person (kangaroos, penguins and disenchanted grizzly bears are welcome to join)... Just write to important people you feel might be able to change things... They won't actually read your letters, but you'll feel good about writing and joining something stupid that's not really going to change anything, but is politically neutral and non-threatening and it will give the important people the impression they are actually important because they get mail that's not just credit card offers and cable TV deals... Which itself is important somehow... I'm not sure how, but that's not important... What is important is we get ceilings back up in restaurants before some old lady drinking soup is bitten on the face by a giant rabid bat or they are crushed by some clumsy crazy organ playing lunatic in a mask.

These are the unimportant issues that matter and I say we unite and solve them in random and confusing manners before history can judge us as the idiots who did nothing for for anyone but ourselves and assorted housecats.

History will judge us for what we do today... Because history is a judgmental jerk and constantly needs to impressed by stuff we do for it.

So is geography and algebra too... but I'm not gonna mention that now.

Maybe later though... Depends on how I feel.

Anyway... Consider this mostly random string of thoughts and their implications and how they may effect the future... Especially if you are a kangaroo, because I know how hard you kangaroos try to be taken seriously...

Later Peeps...

Mmmmm... Marshmallow peeps...

Post edited by McGyver on
    McGyver said:

Random observation #25,984.0064B

What the hell ever happened to ceilings in restaurants?

I was thinking of making a model of an old Art Deco style restaurant so I was looking at some pix online and it occurred to me how cool the high ceilings were... But a lot of restaurants today also have high ceilings... Especially some of the nicer chains... But why don't they have that same impact... Then it occurred to me it's the stupid black ceilings with elaborate Brazil-like ductwork (the movie Brazil... "I love your ducts!"...? Did anyone ever see that movie?)...(Megh)... Even many of the small private restaurants tend to have blacked out ductwork ceilings... If not that then they have the exposed beams... 

What the hell happened to having an actual ceiling?... Even just a drop ceiling made out of tasteful ceiling tiles (not the cheesy industrial/office type)... 

God knows what's living up there amongst those dark beams, rafters and spindly trusses... Bats I'd reckon, or at least small goblins... Definitely a lot of dust... Probably in establishments that have been around for years, you'd find sophisticated societies of evolved sentient dust mites... 

I don't see them sending people up there to dust often... 

Just keep that in mind the next time you are eating at The Texas Cheesecake Depository™, DJ Wang's™ or Semi-legal Seafood™... 

The Phantom of the Opera™ could be living up there and you'd never know... Unless like his shoe fell off or he slipped or something...  but it's just disturbing that nobody cares about real ceilings anymore... And yeah, drop ceilings are not real ceilings, and loads of things could be frolicking up in those, but at least if they dropped their shoes, it wouldn't land on my skirt steak...

I propose we organize a coalition... "Citizens for Ceilings"... Or something like that... You don't even have to live in the U.S. or be a person (kangaroos, penguins and disenchanted grizzly bears are welcome to join)... Just write to important people you feel might be able to change things... They won't actually read your letters, but you'll feel good about writing and joining something stupid that's not really going to change anything, but is politically neutral and non-threatening and it will give the important people the impression they are actually important because they get mail that's not just credit card offers and cable TV deals... Which itself is important somehow... I'm not sure how, but that's not important... What is important is we get ceilings back up in restaurants before some old lady drinking soup is bitten on the face by a giant rabid bat or they are crushed by some clumsy crazy organ playing lunatic in a mask.

These are the unimportant issues that matter and I say we unite and solve them in random and confusing manners before history can judge us as the idiots who did nothing for for anyone but ourselves and assorted housecats.

History will judge us for what we do today... Because history is a judgmental jerk and constantly needs to impressed by stuff we do for it.

So is geography and algebra too... but I'm not gonna mention that now.

Maybe later though... Depends on how I feel.

Anyway... Consider this mostly random string of thoughts and their implications and how they may effect the future... Especially if you are a kangaroo, because I know how hard you kangaroos try to be taken seriously...

Later Peeps...

Mmmmm... Marshmallow peeps...

was some fancy ceilings in the pubs around Bleeker and MacDougal.  havent been in like 15 years, dunno if still there

I never thought about the ceilings, but you are correct...lots of beams and ducts and black paint.  I wonder if it's because it's just easier or if there is some logic to it.

Dana

i been sick all night.  unhappy tummy.

sitting next to a box of mallomars, cant even consider eating one, bless their lil marshmallow hearts

was on sale at stop & shop yesterday

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited September 2016

Ah yes,  "Brazil"!  Great Terry Gilliam movie.  Pythonish dystopia meets steampunk. smiley

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited September 2016
    DanaTA said:

I never thought about the ceilings, but you are correct...lots of beams and ducts and black paint.  I wonder if it's because it's just easier or if there is some logic to it.

Dana

Sure it's easier... But so is not putting on pants in the morning... Should I just start doing that more often than usual, just because it's easier?

Flooring is probably way harder too... Should we do away with floors? I admit it would be kinda fun swinging to my seat via a complicated series of ropes, but eventually the novelty of that would wear off or I'd fall into the basement... And I suppose that unless I landed on a pile of ham or prosciutto... Mmmm... Prosciutto... Uh... But unless I land in a pile of delicious aged prosciutto, I might not enjoy that and the lack of flooring.... Mmmm... prosciutto...

If you've never had prosciutto you should try it...

I'm very disappointed you feel it's okay to not have ceilings... No... Actual I'm very surprised anyone read that post... I'm mostly confused that anyone actually thought about any of that for more then a second or too... What I am disappointed about is that I'm out of tasty prosciutto... Just one thin slice was left and I was forced to eat the wax paper that it was on... Mainly because it was easier than trying to peel it off... That and it tasted like prosciutto... I also bit my finger because it too tasted of that delicious dry-aged pork snack.

I hope you'll reconsider the importance of ceilings and floors and wearing pants in public areas... Wait, that was me without pants... Whatever... Just reconsider something... We all have regrets in life... Like not complementing a freind who has rabies or not buying a two pound sack of prosciutto from that guy in the alley...

That was a dumb call... like who is not gonna eat two pounds of prosciutto?

But I respect your right to encourage restaurants to provide rafter sanctuaries for displaced opera phantoms and enjoy free range pantslessness... Is that a word?

I'm not looking that up, and autocorrect is useless...

By the way, Apple... It's "Phantom of the Opera"... Not "Phantom of the Oprah"... Unless she is infested with phantom... Type "Oprah" once into this smoking piece of poop, and it's memorized, but type "cannibalism" ten bloody thousand times and it can't get it (clearly I have some issues with certain cuisine choices)...

Anyway, I've forgotten what I was responding to... But thank you for taking the time to respond to my thought provoking post.... Maybe it's just brain provoking... Maybe not the brain... I know stuff I write provokes certain organs... Maybe it was colon...? It could be "thought revoking" because I've been told stuff I've written hurts people's brain and makes them sleepy... 

Before you nap, you should try some prosciutto... That stuff is really good... Even the wax paper is awesome.

Ah yes,  "Brazil"!  Great Terry Gilliam movie.  Pythonish dystopia meets steampunk. smiley

Yay! Someone else besides me and the cast has seen that movie... Nobody ever understands my duct based compliments or critiques... I'll go somewhere and someone will ask, "How was it?" And I'll say, "The food was terrible but they had fantastic duct-work" or "The lines were tremendous, the staff belligerent and their duct work was uninspired"... And maybe once every ten years someone will ask if that was a Brazil reference.

edited September 2016

I was wondering... 

Should I use emojis more?

Okay... I never use them... 

Should I use them at all?

Do you people generally get what I'm going on about usually?

That was a trick question... I have no idea what I'm onto... Better question- Do you generally get that more often than not I'm either kidding, making a joke, being satirical, or using a metaphorical subterfuge to provoke an alternate way of thinking about stuff... Like just now... I'm not really sure what I meant by that last one.

Or do I?

kiss

Rats... That's not the emoji I meant... There is no emoji for licking a small bit of prosciutto off of your screen... It's close I suppose... I did use my lower lip and my lower front teeth... It was more of a nibbling, like when a dog is trying to scrape a scab off their tail...

blush

Is that embarrassment or does that indicate mumps or something?

I'm very bad at this.

crying

Thats the emoji for small blue beetles crawling on your face... Right?... Because that's what is going on now... That was an oddly fortuitous emoji.

angry

Bad reaction to the beetle bites... I thin dees emojis I use do no mean what I thin they mean...

It's hard being stupid all day... But someone has to do it.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2016

The same game crashed.  The error dialog box mentioned something about a Visual C++ runtime error.  This error reminds me of the times Daz Studio or Vue Pioneer crashed on my 32 bit Windows XP computer with Visual C++ runtime errors too.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684

I am getting a lot of scam spam phone calls.  They are threatening me.

From the headquarters which will get expired in the next twenty four working hours and once again expired after that you will be taking under custody by the local          for serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment  we would request you to get back to us so we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you the number to reach us is xxxxxxxxxxxc I repeat xxxxxxxxxx thank you 

That is the transcript my phone did for me on latest call.  It is pretty much what they say verbatim except for giving real numbers instead of xxxxxs  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    McGyver said:

I was wondering... 

Should I use emojis more?

Okay... I never use them... 

Should I use them at all?

Do you people generally get what I'm going on about usually?

That was a trick question... I have no idea what I'm onto... Better question- Do you generally get that more often than not I'm either kidding, making a joke, being satirical, or using a metaphorical subterfuge to provoke an alternate way of thinking about stuff... Like just now... I'm not really sure what I meant by that last one.

Or do I?

kiss

Rats... That's not the emoji I meant... There is no emoji for licking a small bit of prosciutto off of your screen... It's close I suppose... I did use my lower lip and my lower front teeth... It was more of a nibbling, like when a dog is trying to scrape a scab off their tail...

blush

Is that embarrassment or does that indicate mumps or something?

I'm very bad at this.

crying

Thats the emoji for small blue beetles crawling on your face... Right?... Because that's what is going on now... That was an oddly fortuitous emoji.

angry

Bad reaction to the beetle bites... I thin dees emojis I use do no mean what I thin they mean...

They can be fun,  if you find the right ones 

Electroshock Therapy is not as fun as it sounds.

• McGyver said:

Yay! Someone else besides me and the cast has seen that movie... Nobody ever understands my duct based compliments or critiques... I'll go somewhere and someone will ask, "How was it?" And I'll say, "The food was terrible but they had fantastic duct-work" or "The lines were tremendous, the staff belligerent and their duct work was uninspired"... And maybe once every ten years someone will ask if that was a Brazil reference.

Lol. My wife and I own it along with several other Gilliam/Python movies. laugh

nodevilyesangel

• I am getting a lot of scam spam phone calls.  They are threatening me.

From the headquarters which will get expired in the next twenty four working hours and once again expired after that you will be taking under custody by the local          for serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment  we would request you to get back to us so we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you the number to reach us is xxxxxxxxxxxc I repeat xxxxxxxxxx thank you 

That is the transcript my phone did for me on latest call.  It is pretty much what they say verbatim except for giving real numbers instead of xxxxxs  

Change your phone number and make sure that it is un-listed. Not sure what the rates are in your area, but it only cost $10 to have my phone unlisted.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    McGyver said:

This is undoubtedly the best political soundbite ever, or at least this week.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    McGyver said:

It's hard being stupid all day... But someone has to do it.

The strange thing is, there are so many people who seem to be able to do it effortlessly, and you can't seem to get away from them.  Good stupidity is an Art, and requires effort to do well.

And please apologize to Art if you see him, I didn't mean to cast aspersions.

McGyver said:

This is undoubtedly the best political soundbite ever, or at least this week.

Thank you... I used to be a political speech writer for assorted house cats.

This discussion has been closed.