Daz Studio 4.9.2 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,124

OMG! Thank you! ,Thank you! ,Thank you! ,Thank you! ,Thank you! . I can't thank you enough. I never knew you could do that.  that awful color has been one of the main reasons I shun 4.9.

Thank you very much Richard

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Who needs Wiki when we have Richard right ?  LOL 

Ivy said:

OMG! Thank you! ,Thank you! ,Thank you! ,Thank you! ,Thank you! . I can't thank you enough. I never knew you could do that.  that awful color has been one of the main reasons I shun 4.9.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

the problem with animate2 aniblock menue its not working if the tab isnt on the main window

and on the main window it appears behind the tab

but as this is a gofigure problem i think it will never be repaired

• MEC4D said:

Who needs Wiki when we have Richard right ?  LOL 

Ivy said:

In this case thank Rob.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,750
    MEC4D said:

I had the same issue before , I had to reinstall the DS essentials and everything was working fine again after restart .

Is it just me? everytime I try to load a DAZ Uber shader from the IRAY shader presets, it trys to load a new scene instead. That's weird. (Just telling)

O.k. thank you. :-) I will try that.

ooops, sorry tried that. Didn't work.

• Thanks, manual install, this sofware is good

• Shader DAZ Uber Iray shader problem not solved yet. Any ideas? Reinstall didn't work. DS4.9 on Win10Pro.

DSProblem_01.jpg
    590 x 1140 - 116K
    DSProblem_02.jpg
    476 x 1154 - 109K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited September 2016

The problem is on your end , I had this exactly , my My Library is not on the standard location as DS install it , I had to install the DS essentials and Genesis figures again via Connect to get this problem off 

so definitely problem with installation on your side as it did the same thing as in your screen shots  , so no bug in the Beta what is separate from the main release and need to have all own files installed as well 

Shader DAZ Uber Iray shader problem not solved yet. Any ideas? Reinstall didn't work. DS4.9 on Win10Pro.

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited September 2016

I don't get it. Where has My Library has to be installed in order to work correctley? My path is: DAZ/DAZStudio 4.9/MyLibrary. I use the same path as I used with previous version of DS. It used to work fine. Does it has to be installed via DAZ Connect? I don't use connect.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • Where is the DAZ folder?

• Where is the DAZ folder?

E:\ drive 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563

Internal, External, Network?

edited September 2016

As a HDD partition.

during install of DS, I get asked, where to install the DS application and where to. Install My Library. I've chosen E:\DAZ\DAZStudio4.9 as the app path and E:\DAZ:DAZStudio4.9\My Library as my  paths.

Post edited by Masterstroke on

As a HDD partition.

during install of DS, I get asked, where to install the DS application and where to. Install My Library. I've chosen E:\DAZ\DAZStudio4.9 as the app path and E:\DAZ:DAZStudio4.9\My Library as my  paths.

I wouldn't think that would be a problem.  Are you using 4.8 and 4.9 or just 4.9?  Did you install the updated "Default Resources for Daz Studio 4.9+"?

• Internal, External, Network?

As a HDD partition.

I wouldn't think that would be a problem.  Are you using 4.8 and 4.9 or just 4.9?  Did you install the updated "Default Resources for Daz Studio 4.9+"?

I only use 4.9 and I have the latest 4.92whatever Default Resources for DS.

• What kind of date is this: 2016-42-03 ? Has something changed in writing down the date in the US? Or is it something only in DAZ-land? My computer gives me the proper date 3-9-2016 (In the Netherlands) so September 3, 2016. but the log file gives me 2016-42-03. Why?

I took the plunge and downloaded and installed 4.9 yesterday so I assume it's the latest version. So far so good. I didn't have much time yet to play with it but at first sight I like it. :)
    Now I want the log file give me the correct date, how do I do that?

Thanks for answering,
    Love, Jeanne

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    Jeanne M said:

What kind of date is this: 2016-42-03 ? Has something changed in writing down the date in the US? Or is it something only in DAZ-land? My computer gives me the proper date 3-9-2016 (In the Netherlands) so September 3, 2016. but the log file gives me 2016-42-03. Why?

I took the plunge and downloaded and installed 4.9 yesterday so I assume it's the latest version. So far so good. I didn't have much time yet to play with it but at first sight I like it. :)
    Now I want the log file give me the correct date, how do I do that?

Thanks for answering,
    Love, Jeanne

It is fixed in the beta version of DS. Daz used minutes in the months field in the version you have.

• Thank you Barbult! So I only have to wait till the next update. Is it already known when this will be?

Love, Jeanne smiley

• From when i have installed this last version i had many crashes of the software..it's happen only to me?

• From when i have installed this last version i had many crashes of the software..it's happen only to me?

Crashes like how?

Crashes like how?

When i work, when i move the mouse into the scene, when i move the characters, when i set pose and shaping parameters, in many many circumstances

Crashes like how?

When i work, when i move the mouse into the scene, when i move the characters, when i set pose and shaping parameters, in many many circumstances

Please attach the log.txt file, which is usually located in:

%appdata%\DAZ 3D\Studio4

Enter the above in the URL bar of Windows Explorer to see the file.

Or start DAZ Studio, click Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File. It should open in your default text editor. Save it somewhere, browse to where it is saved in Windows Explorer and attach it.

• Reading the comments in this thread tells me I need to stick with the vesion I currently have installed rather than upgrade to the most recent build. It seems many people are having issues with crashes, the interface, content, and so on. So I will wait until these issues have been addressed. It is a good thing I read these threads before doing anything, since they serve as a review of any current build. I'm glad that I can come to this forum and do that. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Reading the comments in this thread tells me I need to stick with the vesion I currently have installed rather than upgrade to the most recent build. It seems many people are having issues with crashes, the interface, content, and so on. So I will wait until these issues have been addressed. It is a good thing I read these threads before doing anything, since they serve as a review of any current build. I'm glad that I can come to this forum and do that. 

None of these problems will be fixed in this build.  It's released and done with.

The next build will be 4.9.something else and will have a whole list of its own potential problems that haven't been found in the beta.  The problems being posted/tracked here will, mostly, be fixed in the next release.  The beta release and accompanying thread is where to find the issues that can be changed before it is released and what one have been fixed and which ones haven't been fixed, yet.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

Reading the comments in this thread tells me I need to stick with the vesion I currently have installed rather than upgrade to the most recent build. It seems many people are having issues with crashes, the interface, content, and so on. So I will wait until these issues have been addressed. It is a good thing I read these threads before doing anything, since they serve as a review of any current build. I'm glad that I can come to this forum and do that. 

Yep, and the next time you download a newer version do NOT download via DIM unless you have a backup first, as it will overwrite your previous build, they made it so it's impossible to roll back to a previous version! Which is beyond useless considering the many bugs and glitches introduced in the new versions!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031

Yep, and the next time you download a newer version do NOT download via DIM unless you have a backup first, as it will overwrite your previous build, they made it so it's impossible to roll back to a previous version! Which is beyond useless considering the many bugs and glitches introduced in the new versions!

I always download the complete set of off-line installers about a week after a build goes live -- it is too late to do it when the next build is released. (Latest possible moment is when the public beta goes live).

namffuak said:

I always download the complete set of off-line installers about a week after a build goes live -- it is too late to do it when the next build is released. (Latest possible moment is when the public beta goes live).

Or move the DIM zips for DS and any plugins out of the DIM download folder.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    namffuak said:

Or move the DIM zips for DS and any plugins out of the DIM download folder.

I am copying them to a safe location ... before I download a new version.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Or download to another folder; I keep lots of spares; I also have a number of backups, and older downloads I saved manually. I could probably get rid of some of the shown backups now, but keeping them isn't a problem until I need the space.

If you download em to another folder, will need to hide the files as when you change back to your default download folder, they will still show in the download section, so hide as I said.

DIM.jpg
    781 x 868 - 304K
  • I downloaded this yesterday and within minutes of me starting it and doing almost anything, it crashes. I just loaded a figure and clinked in the parametrs and bam, there it went again. Is there a more stable version I can download?