DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.13 is now available!

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Well, Andolaurina sounded like her Poser slows down with just one Genesis ...
    that's why I gave those tips.

Yeah, I use the morph brush all the time. But for some reason, Genesis slows down Poser to a crawl for me. (am I the only one?) So, it can take a long time to use the morph brush to fix it. I was hoping there was some easier way. (i.e. some smoothing modifier script for DSON I didn't know about!) :)
  • wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Yeah, I use the morph brush all the time. But for some reason, Genesis slows down Poser to a crawl for me. (am I the only one?) So, it can take a long time to use the morph brush to fix it. I was hoping there was some easier way. (i.e. some smoothing modifier script for DSON I didn't know about!) :)

Your tips are certainly helpful, but overall, the loading process is slow and gets a lot slower when you add more DSON items

edited December 1969

Did you report that to the Mantis Bugtracker?
    There is a subdirectory for the DSON importer ...
    https://bugs.daz3d.com
    Maybe it helps.

edited December 1969

No, I haven't filed the problem with DSON getting slower to load since I thought it came with the territory of using an Addon.
    I did file however two other far more serious problems which are real bugs and should be fixed (DSON item crashing Poser and some morphs not being transferred)
    Let's see if these bugs are being acknowledged before going into the performance issues

edited November 2012

That's understandable. Curiosity killed the cat: which item crashes Poser?
    Edited to add: Forget that question please - I found your bug report.

Post edited by Kerya on
  • andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited November 2012

Kerya said:

Yep, that's true. It slows down with just one.

Thanks for the tips, Kerya! I don't have multi-threaded bending on but I had not turned subD off and on. I'll give that a try.

Is it also ridiculously slow loading items? Even if I've loaded something several times before, it can take over a minute to load a DSON dress for example.

Post edited by andolaurina on
    edited December 1969

It probably is dependant on your computer specs too.

Up to now I only loaded one Genesis and the Ranger outfit and a background prop - that worked quite well.
    (Windows7 64bit, DazStudio 4.5.1.6, PoserPro2012
    Intel Core i7-2700K , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448, 32 GB DDR3-1333 RAM)

edited December 1969

I have Windows 7, 64-bit, DazStudio 4.5.16, Poser Pro 2012 SR3, Intel Core I-7, NVIDIA GEORCE GTS360M CUDA 1GB, 8 GB RAM). It's a laptop not a desktop, for whatever that matters. :)

It's not like it's not loading. It's just painfully slow as compared to regular Poser content.

edited December 1969

Is it slow when posing?
    Because I don't have a problem with that *knocks three times on wood*

edited December 1969

Just a little bit slow on posing as compared to other Poser figures.
    Much slower with morph brush tool.
    Painfully slow on loading and conforming a DSON item.
    Crashes if you do much with it in the setup room.
    Haven't had the guts to try it in the cloth or hair room.
    Slightly slower applying Poser materials.
    Much slower applying DSON materials.
    Cameras more sluggish, especially face cam.
    No difference in using lights.
    No difference in render times.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I have Windows 7, 64-bit, DazStudio 4.5.16, Poser Pro 2012 SR3, Intel Core I-7, NVIDIA GEORCE GTS360M CUDA 1GB, 8 GB RAM). It's a laptop not a desktop, for whatever that matters. :)

It's not like it's not loading. It's just painfully slow as compared to regular Poser content.

My specs on my 4-year old pc are less, but I haven't experienced that problem yet.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

I'm having loads of issues using DSON in Poser 9. Genesis is pretty much unusable at this point

edited December 1969

Genesis with Sample Jeremy texture applied, rendered in Poser 9 SR3 with the updated DSON importer, Windows 7 Machine

Genesis-Jeremy.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 103K
    edited December 1969

If I try to load the Genesis Troll figure Poser crashes, if I try to dial up the troll morph in the normal Genesis figure it just makes him taller, If I try ti dial up the troll head morph it just shrinks his head

edited December 1969

Genesis with Sample Jeremy texture applied, rendered in Poser 9 SR3 with the updated DSON importer, Windows 7 Machine

This issue is caused by having the wrong UV Map applied. Change the UV Map and it will be ok

edited December 1969

how do i change UV maps in Poser? It used to work just fine in the first version of DSON, since the update was released this is what i get. Every time I apply a mat to Genesis I get a Python script error and the results I showed above. It used to work just fine before the DSON update

edited December 1969

Here is a render with the Genesis Troll mat applied

Genesis-Troll.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 68K
    edited December 1969

how do i change UV maps in Poser? It used to work just fine in the first version of DSON, since the update was released this is what i get. Every time I apply a mat to Genesis I get a Python script error and the results I showed above. It used to work just fine before the DSON update

Mec3D has a tool to do that. Or you could apply first a Basic (fe)male mat to genesis to make it gen4 or a v5//m5 mat to make it V5/M5
    It is in her store for free

edited December 1969

the thing is, with the first version of DSON you used the Sample Jeremy, Sample Lana and Sample Child Mats to automatically swap to the Gen 4 UVs, Since they updated DSON that no longer works, you get a python script error and the bad texture fits like i have shown.

Also applying certain MATs causes Poser 9 to crash all together. So far the only fix I have found is to go back to the original DSON instead of the updated version

edited December 1969

the thing is, with the first version of DSON you used the Sample Jeremy, Sample Lana and Sample Child Mats to automatically swap to the Gen 4 UVs, Since they updated DSON that no longer works, you get a python script error and the bad texture fits like i have shown.

Also applying certain MATs causes Poser 9 to crash all together. So far the only fix I have found is to go back to the original DSON instead of the updated version

I am not sure what is going on with your version. I have the latest DSON importer installed and the Troll loads fine. Also loading default genesis, apply MC4 files for the troll and then dialing the troll in works fine as well
    But I have PP2012 SR3.1, maybe that makes the difference

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,835
    edited December 1969

It's apparently trying to set the gamma value, but Poser 9 doesn't support that and as a result the script is terminating - apparently without getting to the UVs. DAZ is aware of the issue.

edited December 1969

yeah Poser Pro 2012 does not have many of the issues that Poser 9 does.

edited December 1969

According to the buglisting it has been fixed. So hopefully the next update will be better in this respect
    I hope they fix the other content crashing poser bug as well

edited December 1969

I just reset my downloads for DSON and reinstalled, still the same results

edited December 1969

I just reset my downloads for DSON and reinstalled, still the same results

The bug listing did not specify a build number, so it is possible that it is not fixed in 1.0.13 but later

But here is the troll as I get it

troll.png
    566 x 889 - 331K
  • edited December 1969

Question: where do you install the DSON product files for Poser?
    I'm talking about if I buy a RAW product, where do the files get installed. The user guide isn't specific enough.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,835
    edited December 1969

Both the Core and the Companion files need to be installed to a Poser content library (that is, a folder you have selected in Poser, that contains a Runtime folder).

• edited December 1969

Both the Core and the Companion files need to be installed to a Poser content library (that is, a folder you have selected in Poser, that contains a Runtime folder).

Ok. I didn't know if they were supposed to go in the DAZ Studio folders or not. I guess I'll set up a Genesis Runtime folder and try it that way then. Thank you!

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Ok. I didn't know if they were supposed to go in the DAZ Studio folders or not. I guess I'll set up a Genesis Runtime folder and try it that way then. Thank you!

I installed the Core fils in a DS directory, and since I already divide my Poser content into different runtimes based on category, I made a Genesis runtime specifically for the Poser Companion Files. Both DS directory and Poser runtime are added to Poser's library. This et seems to work perfectly so far.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I'm waiting for when Stephanie 5 is DSON compatable.