Carrara Challenge #27: “Carrara 9, Give us a Sign” WIP Thread: Voting has started.

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

I just realized I never uploaded a screen grab of the scene in Carrara.

Man... I just checked out your entry... that render really turned out Great!!! Fantastic!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Man... I just checked out your entry... that render really turned out Great!!! Fantastic!

Thanks Dartanbeck! Your entries look like posters for blockbuster movies. Everyone did a stellar job!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

WGD yes we appoint you head Carrara Person!

DesertDude yes everybody did a stellare job!

Still a little time!

Here's some screen grabs

Untitled-1.jpg
    2000 x 1075 - 629K
    Untitled-2.jpg
    2000 x 1089 - 453K
    edited September 2016

WGD yes we appoint you head Carrara Person!

DesertDude yes everybody did a stellar job!

Still a little time!

Here's some screen grabs

Untitled-2.jpg
    2000 x 1089 - 453K
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

My first action as head Carrara Person will be to appoint an Executive Head Carrara Person then a list of Assistant Executive Head Carrara Folks... then... perhaps I'll get a tiny mention in the Final Credits. :)

Thanks Dartanbeck! Your entries look like posters for blockbuster movies. Everyone did a stellar job!

Mine? Yours!!!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234
    edited September 2016

Thanks Dartanbeck...looking back at the original call for entries...

"1) Make a render where not only the words 'Carrara' and '9' (or 'Nine') appear, but a  render that advertises how fantastic Carrara is as software."

I feel like I failed to use a few...really powerful features like sculpting and 3Dpaint and a full on tree/plant editor...and so much more...

Post edited by DesertDude on

Oh no!!!

How come Johnny Gibson didn't enter his killer works? WTF???

I think there's more cool worx in here that didn't make it... bummer!

I'm looking over this art gallery of an entry thread and all I can say is: Wow! Bravo to all of you! Such a great showing of wonderful talents!

Some of you pushing your own skills trying out concepts of using Carrara to degrees they've never tried before - and tweaking the heck out of them - fighting to get them just right... very freaking cool!

It's so rare that I actually enter these as a contestant and I must say... what a ride it is! So Fun!

As I look through the entries, stories of the efforts in their creation fill my mind and I'm just so proud of the final submissions... it reminds me of the art shows we used to do in High School and prior grades! My brother and I were just reminiscing our old art show submissions - how much fun we had making art - all of us together. I was always mostly into the 3d aspects of clay and stone sculpture, enhance with copper etching, enameling and painting of oil, acrylic, watercolor, ink, colored pencils and raised relief type of stuff. My brother was always a master of pencils, enhance with paintings. 

I've entered a couple of these earlier on - and they were so much fun! Head Wax has really done a great thing starting these things, and he's already so aggressive at promoting art in his own community and... well... the world! It's just fantastic. He's actually always inspiring us in ways that remind me of art school. Art technique, history, observation... we're really very lucky to have Andrew Finney in our wonderful family of Carrara Forum members - as we are to have all of each other. I just love this place... this Carrara Discussion Forum at Daz3d. I suppose that's why I live here.

Thanks all... I totally love ya!!!

Dartanbeck

P.S.

It's really tough trying to vote. WTF? Couldn't some of you just decided to suck for a change?

thanks Dart, that's very kind.

And thank you for being one  of our most ardent supporters!

My pleasure. And as I said, I love it here. Makes it fun to be an active participant!

If anyone votes as I do... here is a list of all the entries.

Now to weed through all the amazing creations and slowly weed out a few. How I'm going to eliminate anyone will be extremely hard. Don't eve bother to wish me luck... I'll need more than that.

zip
    zip
    CC27_ArtistList.zip
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Very useful - thank you!

edited September 2016

Wonder when this contest will be posted to the Commons?

Imagine if...

• Folks voted who don't use and possibly not yet considered using Carrara!  More who use DS, Bryce etc, than who enter the Carrara Challenges.
    • Folks from far and wide logged onto DAZ3D to vote... Poser only Artist and users... those who get content from Renerosity... those from CarraraCafe and Carrators... folks from any forum for 3D or 2D as well... PhotoShop and other software artists... the list goes on and on and ....

Would'nt that be cool!

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

It would indeed and the Entries thread is a great showcase for all that can be done in Carrara!

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

well none of mine made it as I was busy washing 40 Birds of different kinds for the fair this weekend. We washed chicken, Ducks and Geese. Then had to drop them off along with my wife and daughters artwork, and photography. Went to the Fair yesterday and was burned out last night so did not get anything posted. Tonight we had to go back and pick everything up again makes for a long evening powering all the birds that come home to ensure they did not bring unwanted visitors.

The wife and Daughter got numerous 1st, 2nd and third ribbons for thier effort and the same for the birds so it was worth the effort.

Now I see all the entries an indeed voting will be difficult.

That is why I have a dog if he likes it by barking then it gets a vote if not so sad out of luck.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Voting was very painful.  Maybe we could get the Daz programmers who work on Carrara to choose.  surprise

wgdjohn said:

Imagine if...

• Folks voted who don't use and possibly not yet considered using Carrara!  More who use DS, Bryce etc, than who enter the Carrara Challenges.
    • Folks from far and wide logged onto DAZ3D to vote... Poser only Artist and users... those who get content from Renerosity... those from CarraraCafe and Carrators... folks from any forum for 3D or 2D as well... PhotoShop and other software artists... the list goes on and on and ....

Would'nt that be cool!

hi it's been there for several weeks http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/108776/carrara-challenge-27-carrara-9-give-us-a-sign-all-carrara-users-welcome-big-prizes

it's pretty useless though as so much stuff is in the commons it last at the top about as long as a short sneeze :)

diomede said:

Voting was very painful.  Maybe we could get the Daz programmers who work on Carrara to choose.  surprise

heh, that might take a while

wgdjohn said:

Imagine if...

Would'nt that be cool!

I've seen names that I didn't recognize from here vote in other months - a few even.

yes sometimes we do a callout to the Bryce Forum - they are our brothers in alms :)

head wax said:
    wgdjohn said:

Imagine if...

Would'nt that be cool!

hi it's been there for several weeks http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/108776/carrara-challenge-27-carrara-9-give-us-a-sign-all-carrara-users-welcome-big-prizes

it's pretty useless though as so much stuff is in the commons it last at the top about as long as a short sneeze :)

I just bumped it with an urge to come check out the final entries. ;)

thanks I saw :)

edited September 2016

head wax, Who is #44 that you voted for? I can't find it. :)

Dart, Great... I was going to add to it to bump it up... so many posts there in just 1 day or even 1 hour. I'll try to not get busy and bump it again before turning in.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Ok... I posted about 2hrs ago and it has moved about halfway down page 1.

wgdjohn said:

head wax, Who is #44 that you voted for? I can't find it. :)

It was a typo! ;)

yep

I dropped in an ad to come and have a look at our challenge with my PA colleagues. ;)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078
    edited September 2016

Really great to see some published artists / content creators voting. Thanks for posting the ad, Dart. 

(EDIT: I mean in addition to PhilW, TangoApha, Philemo,... who regularly participate in the Carrara forum).

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited September 2016
    diomede said:

Really great to see some published artists / content creators voting. Thanks for posting the ad, Dart. 

(EDIT: I mean in addition to PhilW, TangoApha, Philemo,... who regularly participate in the Carrara forum).

But... I'm a PA too... :(

LOL!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

I dropped in an ad to come and have a look at our challenge with my PA colleagues. ;)

thanks, you done good!