Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited August 2016

Just a quick test on Dawn with one of the Beautiful Faces for Dawn and Colms monochrome black and white light set up.  I will say that the beautiful faces help me like Dawn a lot more than I did although fitting hair onto her is a bit of a pain.

Edited to add that apparently, I am NOT going to be uploading this particular render right this second as nothing is happening.  Will have to try again later this evening as we are headed out to celebrate birthdays in just a bit.  3 birthdays in less than 8 days so we just do them together.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited August 2016

Picked up Essence over there I have had her wishlisted forever- Prime she was $3.50 today I couldn't resist at that price.  Beautiful darker skin and make up. This one is 3delight with the Dragon Braid hair (complicated and for some reason the shaders on the headpieces don't want to work.  Will have to try with some that didn't come with). Millenium environment winter 2006 I believe lol.  Just wanted to try out a couple things on a v4 base with v4 hair and clothes.  15 minutes is about all I spent since I do have to go to bed so I can go to work tomorrow.

Shhhhh.png
    676 x 1094 - 1M
    edited August 2016

Terra Dome 3. Highly highly recommend.

Dragon Valley.png
    1363 x 1090 - 3M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I saw that you entered that first image you did to the NU Contest thread.  I still think that is a stunning image.  You did really good with that one!  Good luck!

Thank you! Honestly I loved the way it turned it out, its very close to what I had pictured in my head.  I actually have the other one with the minotaur cooking now in an attempt to get it done on time.  I won't have time to do the post work but I can do that later.

This is the new Mynx and the terra dome paired with the wasteland prop.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Cool render yes Wonder what shes's thinking ?

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Picked up Essence over there I have had her wishlisted forever- Prime she was $3.50 today I couldn't resist at that price.  Beautiful darker skin and make up. This one is 3delight with the Dragon Braid hair (complicated and for some reason the shaders on the headpieces don't want to work.  Will have to try with some that didn't come with). Millenium environment winter 2006 I believe lol.  Just wanted to try out a couple things on a v4 base with v4 hair and clothes.  15 minutes is about all I spent since I do have to go to bed so I can go to work tomorrow.

That's interesting - when I tried the shawl from Dragonkeeper, it wigged out.  How did you get it to work? 

Any hair by Arki is complicated and gorgeous! 

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

I've got my eye on it, but I am a 3Delight fan.  I'm waiting to see the results of timmins.william's 3Delight experiments before I buy.

dracorn said:

I've got my eye on it, but I am a 3Delight fan.  I'm waiting to see the results of timmins.william's 3Delight experiments before I buy.

From what I can see it seems to transfer over very well to 3delight.  He's added some comments and examples I believe.

dracorn said:

That's interesting - when I tried the shawl from Dragonkeeper, it wigged out.  How did you get it to work? 

Any hair by Arki is complicated and gorgeous! 

I have no idea.  It was definitely more of a working the figure around the shawl than working the shawl around the figure.  It was....interesting and frustrating lol.  And yes, her hair is gorgeous and complicated!  Once I figure how all the bits and bobs work together I am sure it will be much better.

awesomefb said:

Cool render yes Wonder what shes's thinking ?

Thank you!  Not sure, she is a quiet one and keeps mostly to herself....

edited September 2016

This is the new Scion by Darwins Mishaps.  Great looking male character with some gorgeous paint and tatoo options. Also using the new Fantasy Gaurd Tower and the TerraDome3.

Mages on Gaurd Duty .png
    1186 x 948 - 2M
  • Looks good!  I haven't rendered him yet.  That tower thing looks very cool inside TD3.  I'll have to see what I can do with that one.  I have a couple of ideas that came to mind when I saw it in the store this morning.

• Looks good!  I haven't rendered him yet.  That tower thing looks very cool inside TD3.  I'll have to see what I can do with that one.  I have a couple of ideas that came to mind when I saw it in the store this morning.

Its a pretty simple prop but I think its going to be very very versatile, I immediately thought of at least 5 or 6 things I can use the gaurd towers for. 4 towers connected by bridges = lots of different uses!

• Yeah, I had quite a few things pop into my head, too.  One of which involved plushies!  ;)  

• Yeah, I had quite a few things pop into my head, too.  One of which involved plushies!  ;)  

Treehouses!

Treehouses!

Oh, I like that!

• Oh that would work really well!

• I'm picking up my laptop tomorrow.  Can't wait!

• Woohoo!

• Oh, good news!!! You know what that means, don't you?  You have to model something!!!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I'm picking up my laptop tomorrow.  Can't wait!

Have fun!  Getting new technology of anything is always like Christmas!

I like the woman's blowing hair and the posing. 

• Oh, good news!!! You know what that means, don't you?  You have to model something!!!!

I know right?!  Now I have to put up lol.I will post my screen shots of my content library when I get back from the concert tonight.

• Thanks Novica!  I do love that 0 Gravity hair.

The laptop isn't new its coming home from the shop.  But it was not a cheap laptop and it was far less to put a new motherboard and screen into it than replace it lol.

edited September 2016

Okay here is a bit of an overview of my custom categories.  I did screenshots for People/Genesis 2 Female/Clothes/Boots & Shoes/Boots/all the mats for the different boots.

As you can see you can set this up any way you want to.  All of the boots and shoes are also under the dress or outfit it came with.

Other stuff like hair, I have a main category that has all of my hair in it no matter what generation and I also have hair assigned to the people category under each figure it belongs to.

Same with stuff like jewelry and accessories. One main category for kit bashing across generations and also with the outfit it came with or assigned under jewelry under the appropriate figure.

Content Library 1.jpg
    468 x 844 - 47K
    ContentLibrary 2.jpg
    468 x 844 - 61K
    ContentLibrary 3.jpg
    468 x 844 - 82K
    ContentLibrary 4.jpg
    468 x 844 - 68K
    ContentLibrary 5.jpg
    468 x 844 - 49K
    ContentLibrary 6.jpg
    468 x 844 - 53K
  • Okay, quick question which may sound kind of dumb.  But, if categories are going to be shown in alphabetical order anyway, why have the exclamation points?  I can't tell from your categories what purpose they serve.

• The exlamation points trump the a's so since I want the stuff I use the most (characters, clothes, hair) at the top of the list I put an exlamation point (or 2 depending) so that it stays at the top no matter what I add.  This is more important in some spots than others for me, for instance, buildings and scenes, stuff like First Bastion and StoneMason have their own categories instead of going under say medievel and fantasy and I want those at the top, so I use an exclamation point to move them to the top.

• Okay. I got it. Thanks.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited September 2016

This is the new Scion by Darwins Mishaps.  Great looking male character with some gorgeous paint and tatoo options. Also using the new Fantasy Gaurd Tower and the TerraDome3.

Nice scene, great job on capturing a lovely afternoon breeze.

Catergories is suppose to make content search easier speed up workflow.  Each year my categories is getting just as bad as content library, Rofl !!!  So, I did a major overhaul the other night, now only adding products I use most in scenes.  Realized a lot of content in categories I don't even use.

Post edited by AJ2112 on
This discussion has been closed.