Carrara Challenge #27: “Carrara 9, Give us a Sign” WIP Thread: Voting has started.

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,750
    edited August 2016

went and bought some stuff... just have to wait for the email with download links ..

in the meantime ... ready Mr Music

Unfinished Symphony No.9

Made the music sheet...

Unfinished Symphony No9.jpg
    800 x 600 - 218K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,381

The clothes of the child were dynamically simulated in Blender. They were originally conforming cloth, but I exported as .obj and decimated before simulation in Blender.

Maybe, I "only" have to work in the shaders and lightning before rendering.

CarrarainCarrara4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 708K
    RosettaStone4.png
    640 x 360 - 336K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,099
    Stezza said:

went and bought some stuff... just have to wait for the email with download links ..

Unfinished Symphony No.9

Made the music sheet...

Awesome! Aw man! Now I wanna do one with Starry Sky!!! ;) Aw man! Now I wanna buy some stuff too!!! So that I can wait for download links too!!! :)

Really nice job, Stezza! Love the Music Man and the sheets turned out really nice!

Alberto said:

The clothes of the child were dynamically simulated in Blender. They were originally conforming cloth, but I exported as .obj and decimated before simulation in Blender.

Coming alive, Alberto! It's coming alive and looking GREAT!!! Awesome!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,919
    Stezza said:

Unfinished Symphony No.9

Made the music sheet...

excellent use of colour Stezza, and nice metaphor

edited August 2016
    Alberto said:

the figure really adds another dimension, good to see thw workflow thank you, lucky we now have the VWD cloth sim to help us out

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited August 2016
    DustRider said:

Sooooo many wips!! Iv'e got to say, ya'll depress impress the heck out of me, I can't even get one out, and people are completing three!

I just couldn't find the inspiration to complete my first attempt, so here is a new one that seemed to work much better for me. I've been generally uninspired for a few months now with RL being a bit over the top. I promissed myself I would do this months challenge so here it is (I think). MistyMist mentioned something about Steam Punk in another thread, so I finally go a little inspiration. Nothing special, but at least I have something I can call an entry!

I used Carrara's 3D text to put the lettering on the case/tube, and add a little something in the far background. The figure is Genesis 2, completely set up and rendered in Carrara using the Octane plugin for Carrara.

WIP

Render

wow that is some render!, the textures and DOF are beautiful!

Post edited by Headwax on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Man, it is going to be so difficult come voting time!!

yes, but t hat's good :) !!!

• Incredible renders all round. Love all your hard work and dedication. WOW.

I look at all this, then chuckle to myself when I see threads that ask "is Carrara dead"...

PhilW said:

Man, it is going to be so difficult come voting time!!

head wax said:

yes, but t hat's good :) !!!

I absolutely agree!

edited August 2016

Incredible renders all round. Love all your hard work and dedication. WOW.

I look at all this, then chuckle to myself when I see threads that ask "is Carrara dead"...

I absolutely agree! Absolutely! Maybe even laugh loudly rather than chuckle! ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,750
    edited August 2016

Don't pay the ferryman
    Don't even fix a price
    Don't pay the ferryman
    Until he gets you to buy Carrara 9

In this scene I played with Carrara's auras, glow channels, anything glows, caustics, fog, moon lighting and the ferryman cool

Don't Pay the Ferryman.jpg
    800 x 600 - 289K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • @Stezza Awsome render! Moody, dark, creepy - love the Ferryman! 

(and love your signature too!!)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

1st one about done.  rndering version with caustics on, see what the difference is

playing with the fun stuff, modifiers, shaders, and particles.  

Lela g2f
    JW wellies

TP realskies

challenge1.jpg
    1500 x 696 - 501K
    wip-modifiers.JPG
    1252 x 688 - 141K
    wip metaballparticleemitter.JPG
    1292 x 657 - 132K
    wip waves infinite plane.JPG
    1198 x 581 - 107K
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    MistyMist said:

1st one about done.  rndering version with caustics on, see what the difference is

Lela g2f
    JW wellies

TP realskies

looking good.

• Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 236
    edited August 2016

Here's my second idea: Somewhere in the South Pacific, there's a long forgotten reef that's been slowly populated by a rare species of violet. Must be something special about the shape of that reef...

Using plenty of replicators and that lovely terrain editor too. Most assets are from the stock Carrara library, like the underwater wildlife and the pink flowers. Grass and trees courtesy of the incredible HowieFarkes. Thanks to Antara for the Carrara logo. I'll tinker with the render settings for the final version.

Enjoy!

I have one more idea, will see if I can bring it together in time.

Carrara-9-Take-3-Combined.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 658K
    Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 00.19.25.png
    2555 x 1303 - 3M
    Post edited by Jay Versluis on
  • I had idea about Carrara 9 logo long time ago, when I was actually optimistic about it (lol), here it is how I imagined it ...

P.S. It is a 3D model I made (not a font) and it's available as a free download on my GoogleDrive (link is in my signature), you all can use it for whatever you want smiley

C9.jpg
    1399 x 677 - 575K
    MistyMist said:

Lela g2f
    JW wellies

TP realskies

looking good.

thanks smiley  

i forgot to set the wave height >.<

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

I have only used Hair in Carrara once before for a goofy fuzzy butterfly, and that was many years ago. This is way too much fun. So much to try!

And the submissions keep rolling in from you all. Great work everyone!

wip_002.jpg
    576 x 720 - 66K
    monster1_hair.jpg
    1203 x 817 - 190K
    monster1_model.jpg
    1203 x 817 - 101K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

DesertDube - loving your character, great fun!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Thanks PhilW! I recently bought your Carrara Training (Learning Carrara 8.5 + Advanced Technqiues + Realism Rendering) so I think I'll take a step back and watch the Hair segments and actually try and learn something. smiley

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

I finally positioned the Carrara blocks to where they look good to me... unfortunatly the Bend/Twist modifier did not work so they are manually positioned. Added are the stars, they are vertex objs, and just a hint of Primoval Fog... let me know if the fog was a poor addition... I'm "on the fence" about it.

Ohh... excellent WIPs folks... can hardly wait to see the entrys.

Carr9scene_70_4.png
    640 x 480 - 539K
    wgdjohn said:

I finally positioned the Carrara blocks to where they look good to me... unfortunatly the Bend/Twist modifier did not work so they are manually positioned. Added are the stars, they are vertex objs, and just a hint of Primoval Fog... let me know if the fog was a poor addition... I'm "on the fence" about it.

motif inspires thoughts of racing cars  vroom vroom smiley  the lines in the font, i think.

@Stezza Awsome render! Moody, dark, creepy - love the Ferryman! 

(and love your signature too!!)

yes you are going from strength to strength - took me a while to find the Carrara 9 bit :)  Maybe we should make the next challenge 'up to 4 entries' !

MistyMist said:

Lela g2f
    JW wellies

TP realskies

Fred Astaire eat your heart out. That's a great scene, the particles are very effective.

Here's my second idea: Somewhere in the South Pacific, there's a long forgotten reef that's been slowly populated by a rare species of violet. Must be something special about the shape of that reef...

Using plenty of replicators and that lovely terrain editor too. Most assets are from the stock Carrara library, like the underwater wildlife and the pink flowers. Grass and trees courtesy of the incredible HowieFarkes. Thanks to Antara for the Carrara logo. I'll tinker with the render settings for the final version.

Enjoy!

beautiful and idyllic, like South Pacific, flowers make it look so happy - wonderful contrast to Stezza's ;)

I have only used Hair in Carrara once before for a goofy fuzzy butterfly, and that was many years ago. This is way too much fun. So much to try!

And the submissions keep rolling in from you all. Great work everyone!

Desrt Dude, great take on the Nine, and your character? superb! we used to have a charcatrer on tv here very similar. I think he was known as Dicky Knee.....

Enjoy!

Whoa!!! Jaw Drops!

Beautiful Scene! And look at all those fishies!!! Sweet!

wgdjohn said:

fog looks good, the stars look terrific :)

PhilW said:

DesertDube - loving your character, great fun!

LOL! He called you Dube!!! ;)

Looking awesome, my friend!!!

Stezza, FifthElement, Misty, wgdjohn, Awesome stuff, folks!!!

Wow. This month's entry thread is going to be one heck-uv-an art show all to its own!!! Sweet!!!