Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

Hmn... but in the mean time, I've continued to muck about with shifting colours. I've tried to combine two illusions here...

Moves towards the observer.
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

I don't see movement in either of those optical illusions, but the illusion of the cube stands out better when mixed with the last one.

@Silver: that last image is great. Love the colors you used.

@Michael: By the images you showed, I see why you stay with those two businesses. They do very good work.

• eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here one of my first images following a bit Davids tutorial :)
    @ eireann.sg Snap i have just done this tut as well, the cube looks fantastic Nice work. :)
    Davids technique gives really interesting results.
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Catching up...

Canyonmanterry...though, I have to admit the background mountains look slightly ‘crimp-like’ to my eye, I still like the scene - your second work is the best as the lighting reveals a lot missed in the first.

Electro-elvis...lovely effect of light through the bottle...mmmmm.

Mx42B...okay, so I’m out in the desert, and happen upon a girl wearing just a thong and tanktop. Huh...heheee :) Very nice work indeed – good atmospheric feel to it.

Horo...as expected, lighting is very good (her right hand doesn’t appear to be resting on the blade guard, though).

David...my eyes, MY EYES....aarrrgh – love trick images like these though. I wonder if it is possible to turn a normal scene e.g., say a landscape or cityscape, into one these type of boggle-eyed ones that moves (and not an animation)?

Silverdali...c’mon, c’mon...submit another work...can’t wait.

Jay

edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Horo...as expected, lighting is very good (her right hand doesn’t appear to be resting on the blade guard, though).

That's right. She's just about to touch it.
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @electro-elvis - good try, I'm not convinced though. Perhaps if the flaked-off parts were larger.

@canyonmanterry & mermaid010 - is i really a waterfall? I thought it too, but was not certain.

Only canyonman can say if there is a waterfall or an illusion we see.

@Silver – your last image is cool.

@Mx42b – nice image

@ Horo – nice one.

@ David – these illusions are so cool, I must try them out.

Two abstracts I came across in my files. These were done in Bryce 5 about 2 years ago.

torus3.jpg
    700 x 341 - 161K
    torus2.jpg
    700 x 341 - 165K
    edited December 1969

Mermaid...WOW...great colours and effects! Looks like you were going through one of those celestial 'black holes' back then when you created them :)

Jay

edited December 1969

Agreed, great abstracts!

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Thanks David for the tut it was interesting and great to learn something new, I have a question for you could you direct me to a tut for masking objs ext..........and if you could also show me how to fix it in Photoshop if possible

Let me know the specifics of what you want to achieve and I'll see what I can rustle up come the weekend. Kinda stretched this week, but come weekend I should be able to do something. Maybe a short video if it is somewhat involved. So if you can describe what you want to do, so I can offer as complete an answer as possible.

edited December 1969

@Mermaid: Those two are great. My eyes are drawn more to the second one, guess orange is my favorite color :lol:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

Whereas the first one is more appealing to me, as it encompasses all my fave colours. Strange how colour is so importenat in admiring a work like this.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Mermaid.... the first one is cool.

The second one is hot.

Both are great. :)

• SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @electro-elvis - good try, I'm not convinced though. Perhaps if the flaked-off parts were larger.

@canyonmanterry & mermaid010 - is i really a waterfall? I thought it too, but was not certain.
    @
    mermaid010 both your images are sensational love the viscous feel of the swirls amazing effect you have created

Only canyonman can say if there is a waterfall or an illusion we see.

@Silver – your last image is cool.

@Mx42b – nice image

@ Horo – nice one.

@ David – these illusions are so cool, I must try them out.

Two abstracts I came across in my files. These were done in Bryce 5 about 2 years ago.

edited October 2012

Well in this image which is heavily reflected but I think its effective, I experimented with some of my fractal images, importing 2D fractals from Tierazon and Incendia into Bryce, I also used a mirror reflection to get the symmetry, hence the name Frac-man

frac-man.jpg
    1100 x 1200 - 731K
    Post edited by Sylverdali on
    edited December 1969

@Silver: That's fantastic, love the color.

edited October 2012

Thanks David for the tut it was interesting and great to learn something new, I have a question for you could you direct me to a tut for masking objs ext..........and if you could also show me how to fix it in Photoshop if possible

Let me know the specifics of what you want to achieve and I'll see what I can rustle up come the weekend. Kinda stretched this week, but come weekend I should be able to do something. Maybe a short video if it is somewhat involved. So if you can describe what you want to do, so I can offer as complete an answer as possible.

Thanks David, well the best way is to explain when i did my last image Frac-man the background reflected the sky on my black background plan so i did not get a pure black background but did not want to change the sky setting as that changed the effect of the image and i thought maybe a mask may do the trick........having said that i have no clue how to do that or what's evolved, gosh I hope this all makes sense.

Now how i got round this........... i put flat black mat spheres behind the objs, it did the trick but that to me is a lot of work when there could be and easer way around it ..........please take your time no hurry

edited October 2012

Achieving symmetry this way is quite nice, so thanks for that Silverdali. I had always wondered if there was a way in Bryce of symmetricizing an object (I still don’t know as I’m a new user of it), however, doing so, as you show, symmetrical objects can be obtained (my experiment below) easily.

One thing, however, that is required is that the background sky has to be symmetrical-like also, because if you have varied-sized clouds in the background, then the reflection wouldn’t work as the reflected cloud may not match up in line with the real cloud. Another thing also is that the reflecting plane should reach beyond a little behind the camera, and that the camera’s position (horizontal-wise) is important, too (vertical position of the camera doesn't matter).

Jay

symmetry.jpg
    711 x 1079 - 214K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Aha, thanks on that Kerya...so it is possible to create symmetrical objects in Bryce - I wasn’t really sure as mentioned (I could so in Blender okay, but not sure with Bryce).

Thanks again, and will prove useful in future projects.
    Jay

edited December 1969

AH yes, Flip X is such a useful command. I use it a lot if I have vehicles in a render, as I live in the UK and most car models are made the US way, so the steering wheel is on the wrong side. :roll:

edited December 1969

Thanks also, Chohole...I'm learning more about Bryce as I go along, which I suspect will never end as it's so packed with stuff.

Jay

edited December 1969

@silverdali - Frac-man is another of your beautiful renders.

I don't know whether you're looking for this (see picture below). You can select the object(s) you want to mask out and they get rendered white, everything else black. You can use this mask to combine the object(s) with another backdrop in a graphics application. I usually blur the mask a tad and combine in HDRShop using the Calculate option with the A*C+B*(1-C) operator. In A and B are the main image and the new backdrop, in C the mask.

objmask.jpg
    313 x 939 - 46K
    edited October 2012

Jamahoney said:
    Achieving symmetry this way is quite nice, so thanks for that Silverdali. I had always wondered if there was a way in Bryce of symmetricizing an object (I still don’t know as I’m a new user of it), however, doing so, as you show, symmetrical objects can be obtained (my experiment below) easily.

One thing, however, that is required is that the background sky has to be symmetrical-like also, because if you have varied-sized clouds in the background, then the reflection wouldn’t work as the reflected cloud may not match up in line with the real cloud. Another thing also is that the reflecting plane should reach beyond a little behind the camera, and that the camera’s position (horizontal-wise) is important, too (vertical position of the camera doesn't matter).

Jay

@Jamahoney thanks for the tut, that's how its done, but what i also did was put another plane behind the objs to cut out the sky but keep the sky reflections on the obj which does have its draw backs as it does not always block out all the light from the haze/fog plane, so what happens is the bottom half of the black back ground takes on the a slight color which is annoying when you want black only. So my answer to that was to create a flat black sphere behind the objs and in front of the black background plane which did work. Now having said that maybe what i should have done is just have the sphere behind the objs, , i shall check that one out. Funny how things work out when you are looking for the answer LOL have a great day ................. p.s. I did learn something else from your tut put reflective plane a little behind the camera great advise thanks Jamahoney
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @silverdali - Frac-man is another of your beautiful renders.

I don't know whether you're looking for this (see picture below). You can select the object(s) you want to mask out and they get rendered white, everything else black. You can use this mask to combine the object(s) with another backdrop in a graphics application. I usually blur the mask a tad and combine in HDRShop using the Calculate option with the A*C+B*(1-C) operator. In A and B are the main image and the new backdrop, in C the mask.

@ Horo yes what you are saying above , so maybe what i need is how to use it in Bryce and how to apply it in another application like photoshop CS4 gosh I am no tech head but I am willing to learn. I am a visual person so word explanations leave me cold is there a tut that shows me how to do it, thanks Horo for your time its appreciated

edited October 2012

Something different, firstly if this image offends please delete it, this image took me weeks and various changes to get it how i wanted

live for today and tomorrow will take care of itself

Image removed by a Moderator

"?'S it all mean" here is a link to my image, I was not sure about it no hard feelings http://silverdali.deviantart.com/art/s-it-all-mean-334195621?q=gallery:silverdali&qo=0

edited December 1969

Sorry, silverdali, yes unfortunately the Forum team has decided that the image doesn't comply with current restrictions, due to the lack of content filters on the forum.

Do you perhaps have an account anywhere like Deviant Art, where you could post with the nudity filter applied, and then post a link to the image here.

edited December 1969

Got to see your work before removal, Silver, and simply incredible. As to removal of it from the forum itself...SIGH. Yes, I know, the moderators have their reasons, and the rules are highlighted, however, I never agreed with them back then when first introduced, and still don't agree with them today.

Jay

edited December 1969

"?'S it all mean" here is a link to my image, I was not sure about it no hard feelings http://silverdali.deviantart.com/art/s-it-all-mean-334195621?q=gallery:silverdali&qo=0

edited October 2012

Jamahoney said:
    Got to see your work before removal, Silver, and simply incredible. As to removal of it from the forum itself...SIGH. Yes, I know, the moderators have their reasons, and the rules are highlighted, however, I never agreed with them back then when first introduced, and still don't agree with them today.

Jay

thanks not to worry these things are set to try us here is my flickr site if you wish to see more of my work http://www.flickr.com/photos/33235233@N05/sets/72157625049244007/
    edited December 1969

Been experimenting around with trees lately...especially for this time of year, and Bryce works well with them. BTW, character in first work is not nude! Ooooohhh, that’s gotta hurt the moderators..heheee :)
    Title: “Autumn”

Silver...you have support here whenever you need it. Just checked your Flickr site now, and incredible works in first few pages. I’m just heading out the door, so will look at the other pages later in the day.

Jay

tree-fall.jpg
    1200 x 1192 - 2M
This discussion has been closed.