Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2

Comments

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Fantastic render Dave, the clouds and the light and the sea, all look excellent. Top notch.

Yes Mark, I don't find time for much else...

Bryce 25 minute scene - anisotropic reflection in a landscape - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Alright David, stop posting photos and calling them renders :) Very nice work.

edited December 1969

BTW, in case anyone was wondering how I fared thru the storm, I fared quite well actually. Fortunately I live far enough from the shore that flooding and storm surge was not an issue. Also the storm tracked more north and west then they were projecting a few days ago and while that made things much worse for New Jersey and New York it spared my area from alot of potential damage and the winds weren't as strong so I never experienced a power loss which was my biggest concern. Of course my prayers go out to the families of the 39 US deaths and the 20 some deaths in the carribean as well as all the folks who are facing terrible damages and property loss north of me in NJ and NY.

• canyonmanterrycanyonmanterry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@atlantis: Wonderful Wonderful article. I read it and was "inspired" Yes I seen your "Floating" in renderosity never connected tel now!

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited December 1969

Thnx to all who read my interview and thnx for the nice comments, really appreciated ...

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Mark: Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try.

@Dave: That one looks real good. With the haze pushed back the one outcropping looks better.

@David: That image does look like a photograph. That's a real nice job.

edited December 1969

Over a week I been having fun with multi-replication and trying different ways to create textures. This a one I worked on for a while. I think its maybe setting in that Bryce take a lot of experimental. to "see" how some things work. I watch most of the Tutitorials and some many times.

Coldcola2_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 344K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Well, it would be nice if it could be mistaken for a photograph... but I'm not convinced. OK, taking a slightly different tack...

Bryce 15 minute scene - using the Spherical Mapper to reduce render time - by David Brinnen

Of particular interest to existing owners of the Spherical Mapper, or those that want to incorporate volume clouds in their TA renders.

Dropping the render time from over six hours to around ten minutes. Worthy of your interest?

Free_content_R4_3.jpg
    800 x 500 - 244K
    edited December 1969

Bryce 10 minute animation project - Kaleidoscope effect - a tutorial by David Brinnen

As you might detect from the influx of tutorials, I've not got a lot of work on this week.

K1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 559K
    edited December 1969

My try at a planetary scene. @Dave. I like it.

Planet_I_Dont_Know_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 217K
    edited October 2012

Well, it would be nice if it could be mistaken for a photograph... but I'm not convinced.

Yeah well artists typically are their own toughest critics. I bet when people started making a fuss about how good the Mona Lisa was Leonardo da Vinci probably said, "What you think this rough draft looks good? Look at her smile, it's not convincing." :)

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

BTW, in case anyone was wondering how I fared thru the storm, I fared quite well actually. Fortunately I live far enough from the shore that flooding and storm surge was not an issue. Also the storm tracked more north and west then they were projecting a few days ago and while that made things much worse for New Jersey and New York it spared my area from alot of potential damage and the winds weren't as strong so I never experienced a power loss which was my biggest concern. Of course my prayers go out to the families of the 39 US deaths and the 20 some deaths in the carribean as well as all the folks who are facing terrible damages and property loss north of me in NJ and NY.

Glad to know you are okay. I live in Manhattan and we got hit pretty hard. Luckily the only service I lost was my internet, I still cannot log in from home so I am popping in from work.

The fact that I was not allowed to close the restaurant made for some pretty interesting and dramatic moments. On Tuesday just after the storm was fully passed we were one of the only places open and we were slaaaaaaaamed. I mean, no time for being nice and certainly no time for anyone's attitudes. Luckily everyone was in good spirits thankful we all made it through.

Lots of deaths. It never ceases to amaze me how many people are too "wise" to heed the advice of public officials who told them to get out. Every time these big storms happen you have those narcissists who think the storm isn't a danger to them. They risk the lives of the first responders who are sent to rescue them. A part of me is almost sad Irene was so timid in our area because too many were jaded and stayed home for Sandy. Bad choice, seriously bad.

SilverDali,
    I really like that scene, and that special material you made works perfectly. Your work has always caught my eye and this piece is no exception.

Savage,
    Glad to have provided some inspiration. I'd say that of the three the first one is my favorite as well. In the revised version it looks quite nice. Gotta love True Ambience.

Horo,
    Wow. Thanks for the confident vote. I am never satisfied so hearing your feedback helps quell the obsessive compulsive drive.

David,
    I'm going to need an aspirin if these mind bending images keep coming. Curious how the light vignettes around the edges. The fast rendering clouds look great. I think the indoor image of Twisted looks amazing. I am curious about the anisotropic reflection on the water in that landscape. Nice effect.

IceScribe,
    Very nice. I agree with the others!

edited December 1969

Every time I come here I have to back up one or two pages to catch up. It won't be long before Part 3 will have to be made.

Here's another Jack-o-lantern, fresh off Wings 3D cutting floor. Thought I put some teeth into this one.

Pumpkin_7.png
    1514 x 885 - 696K
    edited October 2012

Glad to know you are okay. I live in Manhattan and we got hit pretty hard. Luckily the only service I lost was my internet, I still cannot log in from home so I am popping in from work.

The fact that I was not allowed to close the restaurant made for some pretty interesting and dramatic moments. On Tuesday just after the storm was fully passed we were one of the only places open and we were slaaaaaaaamed. I mean, no time for being nice and certainly no time for anyone's attitudes. Luckily everyone was in good spirits thankful we all made it through.

Lots of deaths. It never ceases to amaze me how many people are too "wise" to heed the advice of public officials who told them to get out. Every time these big storms happen you have those narcissists who think the storm isn't a danger to them. They risk the lives of the first responders who are sent to rescue them. A part of me is almost sad Irene was so timid in our area because too many were jaded and stayed home for Sandy. Bad choice, seriously bad.

Good to see you are okay as well obviously you're in the part of Manhattan (I think the news said above 37th Street?) that wasn't as badly affected, other then the loss of subways and buses as well as that dangling crane at 157.

Yeah I was just thinking about that yesterday as I saw all the images of people needing to be rescued. I blame two things. While places did get torn apart in Katrina there were alot of structures that came thru fairly unscathed until the levee broke and that was a Cat 4. So I suspect alot of those people look at that and think, "Well if house can survive the winds of a cat 4 then my home should be able to handle a Cat 1." The problem though, and this is the second thing, in places like Louisiana, Florida or anywhere along the Gulf coast, they see lots of hurricanes and as such the structures are typically built to withstand more then homes where hurricanes aren't frequent. So in a sense if you're a homeowner in New York or New Jersey comparing your home to homes in Florida or Louisiana that survived Cat 4 Storms, you're comparing apples to oranges.

There was also one other significant factor, all the barricades designed to block surge/flood waters were done so based on the record surge in the area being 10.5 feet but this storm had a record low pressue never before seen in any East Coast Hurricane strike. That low pressure allowed the storm to carry with it alot more water then any storm before it which led to the old record of 10.5 feet being broken by 3 feet and that's why the subways were flooded for the first time in history and other areas were flooded as badly as they were. Had the surge remained below the old record the existing provisions would have been fine and many places likely would not have been damaged as bad. I mean you can try to plan for every contingency but how do you plan for the unprescedented? Maybe make the barriers able to handle a 16 foot surge? What then though if thanks to global warming, ten years from now we experience a 20 foot surge? It's kind of like the old saying about mousetraps and mice. If you build better protection against hurricanes, mother nature will eventually build a better hurricane. We need to learn to recognize that mother nature presents the gravest threat to mankind and with Global warming it's only going to get worse regardless of what is actually causing global warming.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited October 2012

Not done anything for a while so when I saw a calculator on my desk I couldn't resist.
    I know they don't have letters on the displays but what the heck, it's my favorite app.
    It's also green (solar). All done with Bryce 7 Pro and a digital looking font in Elefont.
    I also read from left to right and top to bottom. On my real calculator the numbers
    start with 1 at the bottom left above the 0 and 9 at top right, which seems a bit strange to me.

Calculator.jpg
    640 x 480 - 196K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    Not done anything for a while so when I saw a calculator on my desk I couldn't resist.
    I know they don't have letters on the displays but what the heck, it's my favorite app.
    It's also green (solar). All done with Bryce 7 Pro and a digital looking font in Elefont.
    I also read from left to right and top to bottom. On my real calculator the numbers
    start with 1 at the bottom left above the 0 and 9 at top right, which seems a bit strange to me.

@StuartB4 it more than i could do I never really made a lot of realistic stuff, this is well done, a calculator is what it is,if its doing the do that all i care about lol
    edited October 2012

Well, it would be nice if it could be mistaken for a photograph... but I'm not convinced. OK, taking a slightly different tack...

Bryce 15 minute scene - using the Spherical Mapper to reduce render time - by David Brinnen

Of particular interest to existing owners of the Spherical Mapper, or those that want to incorporate volume clouds in their TA renders.

Dropping the render time from over six hours to around ten minutes. Worthy of your interest?

@David one day i will do something like this for the moment I am happy to look at the masters work its stunning, there is so much going on the Spherical Mapper to make it so realistic
    Post edited by Sylverdali on
  • SwadeSwade Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Hello peeps....

Some nice work displayed in this thread....

Thought I would share a couple of my latest works...

This one is titled "Ghost In The Ruins"

Ghost_In_The_Ruins.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 487K
    edited December 1969

And this one is titled Superfulous Encounter

Superfluous_Encounter.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    edited November 2012

@David: Those last three tutorials are really interesting. It was fun to watch the animated kaleidoscope.

@Stuart: Love that calculator. Looks as though I could reach out and grab it.

@Swade: That little guy in the first image looks a bit hungry. I really like what you've done in the second image, though I believe I'd be standing further back from that creature. Sure hope that wizard is a wiz of a wiz.

Post edited by GussNemo on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

@David - thanks for the tutes, they are great. I particularly liked the kaleidoscope one because I haven't forgotten the frustration I had when I had attempted that eight years ago. (http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=622)

@canyonmanterry - nice, though in an airless world, I would not expect a rounded landscape.

@GussNemo - You get good in Wings 3Dm nicely done.

@StuartB4 - calculator looks great. Obviously, you're one who knows how Bryce modelling works.

@Swade - impressing renders, both of them. Keep them coming.

edited December 1969

@ GussNemo Thank you... I appreciate the comment
    @ Horo..... Thank you.... I should mention that the ground texture in the Superfluous Encounter is the
    Bryce 7 Pro Ground Texture Tiles and Matching Terrain by David Brinnen and Horo from DAZ

I didn't realize a thread like this was here at DAZ and was happy to have stumbled upon it.... I see that there are some talented Brycers here and that is awesome.... I love using Bryce. I was hooked on it after the first render I did with it which was a Bryce 3 newbie render.
    I have recently watched all of David Brinnen's tutorial videos and find them to be amazing.... So am thinking I may have found a new family... lol
    :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Well I had a go at TA today and the computer crashed literally, I thought i had done in the hard drive, but it kicked back in after about 10mins, its been very hot here to so it may have had a hand in it as well, just guessing lol, lucky I had saved a previous render so all was not lost, but I did go softly softly my heart was in my mouth but i managed the render, well that was an experience ...........also did an immediate backup just in case phew !!!

Demonds_and_Deception.jpg
    1518 x 910 - 1018K
    edited December 1969

@Swade welcome the forum your Ghost In The Ruins and Superfulous Encounter are great creative images, your Ghost In The Ruins is especially good, creative work

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

@Swade - thank you putting our things to good use. And a warm welcome to the Bryce community. If you look for a home for your renders, have a look at http://www.bryce5.com

@silverdali - another very nice render. Very appealing to the eye.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the kind comments once again guys.
    There's a lot of nice renders on here again, and a lot of imagination, it's nice to see
    everyone's work. Seems to be getting even more popular lately.

edited December 1969

Swade said:
    So am thinking I may have found a new family... lol
    :coolsmile:

To quote John McClane from the Die Hard movies, "Welcome to the party Pal!" :)

edited November 2012

Well I had a go at TA today and the computer crashed literally, I thought i had done in the hard drive, but it kicked back in after about 10mins, its been very hot here to so it may have had a hand in it as well, just guessing lol, lucky I had saved a previous render so all was not lost, but I did go softly softly my heart was in my mouth but i managed the render, well that was an experience ...........also did an immediate backup just in case phew !!!

Good idea on the backup because in the past when I worked alot with computer parts something like what you experienced was usually a sign the drive is failing. Had you not done a backup already I was going to recommend one. The heat very well could have played a roll so you might want to consider also beefing up your computers ability to cool itself, and/or make sure the vents and fans aren't somewhat clogged with dust buildup.

edited December 1969

Swade said:
    And this one is titled Superfulous Encounter

This is a wonderfully detailed render, but it looks a little "flat" perhaps due to haze/fog settings? I don't know. Anyway I've taken the liberty of filtering out the haze and modifying the gamma settings as an experiment to see how it might look otherwise.

First the original.

Then the filtered image. All filtering done in Paint Shop Pro 8.

As Horo observed, it is nice to see our products being put to good use.

Cheers,

David.

Haze_removal_and_gamma_correction1.jpg
    1601 x 900 - 1M
    original.jpg
    1601 x 900 - 741K
    edited November 2012

Yes I agree. cleaner and show detail better.
    @Swade, Welcome. Dave did improve the scene. more detail.
    @Silverdoli. I think it BEAUTIFUL, just Wonderful, I like to learn to do that. I,ll work on it.

Post edited by canyonmanterry on
    edited December 1969

Beautiful render. Your style is very distinctive, I was able to pick another one of yours out of a selection over at dA. Anyhow, on the topic of TA and crashing. It could be your processor is overheating? Check the utilities that came installed with your motherboard to see if you have some kind of temperature monitor or processor "throttling" options. You don't want to melt your CPU. Also get the vac out and clean out the CPU heat sink/fan. Don't blow on it to dislodge dust! Use a soft brush and a vac nozzle. Also why you are at it, make sure all your fans are going around. I've had overheating issues in the past and it is not fun.

This discussion has been closed.