Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2

Comments

• SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited October 2012

@ Jamahoney OMG these are to die for what exceptional works these are, I feel like a real novice, i would love to do something like this, it so beautiful to view, thanks for viewing Flickr i don't expect you to view them all LOL thanks for your support

Question did you buy the tree's or use the Bryce stock in the program?

Post edited by Sylverdali on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney: Both pictures look fantastic. Brillant use of Bryce trees.
    @silverdali: Very interesting picture (pity that it was removed) and very well done. A bit "daliesque" (but who wonders with that nickname ;-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Got to see your work before removal, Silver, and simply incredible. As to removal of it from the forum itself...SIGH. Yes, I know, the moderators have their reasons, and the rules are highlighted, however, I never agreed with them back then when first introduced, and still don't agree with them today.

Jay

Yes, I do apologise, I know some people don't agree with the rules but unfortunately, at the moment, we have no content filters. There are quite a few younger members and on the old forum they had automatic content filters applied, based on the DOB they put in when they opened the account. It also added automatic filters if a new member forgot to add a birth date when joining, which actually caught out not a few older members who didn't bother with a birthdate. :coolsmirk:

Also of course there are also members who do browse the forums whilst at work, so images displayed without filters have to be deemed as "safe for work"

We do have a discussion before removing an image, and one member of the Forum team does pull in whilst at work, so can give that point of view.

It is totally frustrating, but I am afraid we have to put up with it until DAZ 3D find the right plug in that will add some content filters to the forum.

"?'S it all mean" here is a link to my image, I was not sure about it no hard feelings http://silverdali.deviantart.com/art/s-it-all-mean-334195621?q=gallery:silverdali&qo=0

Thankyou for understanding our predicament.

edited October 2012

cheers chohole, i live to fight another day LOL here is something a little more tasty

she_vamp.jpg
    1215 x 810 - 467K
    Post edited by Sylverdali on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2012

Silver...many thanks. As to your tree query, yes, most are Bryce with the odd one or two brought in from outside. Love your new replaced picture...so exotic. Off now to check out your Flickr ones as just in the door.

Elector-elvis...cheers also for the kind comments. A work with too many trees in it, with too many leaves also, can get very busy and so leads to confusion. Autumn, where the latter are less was a great excuse to produce sparse-looking trees, allowing more sky to come through, too.

Chohole...ah yes, I understand the reasons concerning the nude’s issue, as I’m sure decisions aren’t/weren’t made initially from a ‘prudish’ perspective. We could be forever talking as to the whys and wherefores on this topic, so, I’m letting dead dogs lie.

Cheers all
    Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Thanks David for the tut it was interesting and great to learn something new, I have a question for you could you direct me to a tut for masking objs ext..........and if you could also show me how to fix it in Photoshop if possible

Let me know the specifics of what you want to achieve and I'll see what I can rustle up come the weekend. Kinda stretched this week, but come weekend I should be able to do something. Maybe a short video if it is somewhat involved. So if you can describe what you want to do, so I can offer as complete an answer as possible.

Thanks David, well the best way is to explain when i did my last image Frac-man the background reflected the sky on my black background plan so i did not get a pure black background but did not want to change the sky setting as that changed the effect of the image and i thought maybe a mask may do the trick........having said that i have no clue how to do that or what's evolved, gosh I hope this all makes sense.

Now how i got round this........... i put flat black mat spheres behind the objs, it did the trick but that to me is a lot of work when there could be and easer way around it ..........please take your time no hurry

Does this shed any light on the issue?

Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - masking and using masks - a 20 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Combined_image1.jpg
    850 x 638 - 220K
    edited December 1969

@ David I looked at your tut on masks YES that's what I was looking for, very informative and helpful thanks heaps

edited December 1969

The poor folks over in the east coast of America are currently watching Hurricane Sandy – preparing for the worst over the next few days.

As NASA/NOAA recently released a b/w image of the hurricane, and it happened to look like a digital elevation model (it’s not really), I though treating it as if so in Bryce one could get a somewhat 3D perspective on it. The Bryce render below may not have any scientific value to it, but what is certain is that this is a monster awoken – I wish those all in its path safety.

Image credits (top): NASA/NOAA (click for larger view which shows the outline of the coast, islands and surrounds, and how these relate to the bottom render).
    Jay

hurricane-sandy.jpg
    1251 x 1512 - 2M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

Heh, I like that, what a novel idea.

Edited to add, you could always post it in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10368/

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that link Chohole (didn't know there was a discussion going on about it). Have just put the image up now.

Jay

edited December 1969

@ David I looked at your tut on masks YES that's what I was looking for, very informative and helpful thanks heaps

Horo has kindly provided an addition to this tutorial for users of Photoshop and HDRShop. The solution offered for HDRShop is particularly elegant. Using Photoshop or HDRShop to use Masks - Appendix to "making and using masks" - by Horo Wernli

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    I wish those all in its path safety.

Thanks, first a death in the family, then my wife breaks her hip and now most of the models for the hurricane place it coming onshore and rolling right over my town near the Maryland/Delaware boarder, this just isn't shaping up to be a great fall for me. On the bright side though hopefully most of the leaves in my yard will be blown somewhere else and I won't have to rake them up. :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited October 2012

Jamahoney said:
    The poor folks over in the east coast of America are currently watching Hurricane Sandy – preparing for the worst over the next few days.

As NASA/NOAA recently released a b/w image of the hurricane, and it happened to look like a digital elevation model (it’s not really), I though treating it as if so in Bryce one could get a somewhat 3D perspective on it. The Bryce render below may not have any scientific value to it, but what is certain is that this is a monster awoken – I wish those all in its path safety.

Image credits (top): NASA/NOAA (click for larger view which shows the outline of the coast, islands and surrounds, and how these relate to the bottom render).
    Jay

Cool idea. I once played that game with the weather data from one year. I collect several sensors each half hour. And they can also be converted to grey scale and be used as terrain.

@David - thanks for publishing that addition to your masking video on such short notice.

Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the nice comments my abstract renders.

@ Silver – Frac-man is a very interesting render. Just browsed your flickr account, your work is amazing. I love the abstract effect you have in almost all your renders. Are they all Bryce renders or other programs as well?

@ Jamahoney – lovely renders. The trees look awesome.

I enjoyed doing both following David’s Panoramic Caverns and optical illusion. I don’t see any illusion in my image ~~sad~~
    Does anyone see any illusion?????

optical.jpg
    600 x 600 - 284K
    panoramiccarvens.jpg
    800 x 267 - 42K
    edited October 2012

Lord...mann...will it ever be over – you probably saw this YouTube vid the other day, it is so dramatic. On the leaves issue, if they don’t blow away on you naturally, I saw advice given by Phil PLatt (aka The Bad Astronomer) – QUOTE:”I heard an interesting piece of advice that seems sound to me: rake your leaves! Leaves get clogged in drains and can aid flooding. By getting leaves up out of your yard, it lowers the odds of flooding – though by how much I couldn’t say. Still, it sounds like something that can’t hurt, especially given some of the predictions I’ve seen for more than 20 centimeters (8-10 inches) of rain!”END-QUOTE

Horo...that sounds also interesting using the weather data that way.

Mermaid...many thanks. Yeah, like with David’s illusion, yours works too – the movement of the dots for my eyes anyway are counter-clockwise (right to left), and it seems also to work better when just a single image of the illusion is on its own (looking at a general area in the bottom right quadrant sector of the image helps aid in the illusion, too). But, it’s probably different for other people.

David...great vids on sky and sunsets...I’ve so much to learn still. How does that saying go: “When the student calls, the master appears.”

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Been experimenting around with trees lately...especially for this time of year, and Bryce works well with them. BTW, character in first work is not nude! Ooooohhh, that’s gotta hurt the moderators..heheee :)
    Title: “Autumn”

I haven't noticed those before. Both are two very lovely renders.
    edited December 1969

Horo...thanks on that. Bryce trees worked okay, and setup originally is a small island, plonked with 50 or so trees - small to large - on it.

Found, by mistake, that if one offset’s one of the conical lights (four in all giving the rays, effectively, in second work) ever so slightly at the camera, ones ends up with a kind of small ‘lens flare’ effect (I know lens flares aren’t a fav.,, however, they work when not that so pronounced, I guess).

Cheers again
    Jay

edited December 1969

Thanks for the nice comments my abstract renders.

@ Silver – Frac-man is a very interesting render. Just browsed your flickr account, your work is amazing. I love the abstract effect you have in almost all your renders. Are they all Bryce renders or other programs as well?

@ Jamahoney – lovely renders. The trees look awesome.

I enjoyed doing both following David’s Panoramic Caverns and optical illusion. I don’t see any illusion in my image ~~sad~~
    Does anyone see any illusion?????

@mermaid010, thanks for the visit to my Flickr page, to answer your question yes they are all Bryce, except where i have imported some of my images and use them for backgrounds
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited October 2012

I am always impressed with what I see going on in this thread. This is my contribution to the thread. Having some fun with my Volcanic Archipelago project before the next phase when i tear it apart again and start over from scratch with better ideas. That;s why I cannot ever complete anything. Ah well.

Thanks all for your time. Feedback is appreciated.

VA_Man_and_Woman_Running.jpg
    1260 x 840 - 2M
    Post edited by Rashad Carter on
    edited December 1969

I am always impressed with what I see going on in this thread. This is my contribution to the thread. Having some fun with my Volcanic Archipelago project before the next phase when i tear it apart again and start over from scratch with better ideas. That;s why I cannot ever complete anything. Ah well.

@Rashad Carter i feel i could dive in there no problems what an amazing image the lighting on the water is spectacular

edited December 1969

This is all Bryce no post manipulation......used mats to get the desired effect with reflections

Red_-_Pandoras_Paradox.jpg
    1215 x 760 - 804K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

This is all Bryce no post manipulation......used mats to get the desired effect with reflections

wow outstanding work - keep it up

edited December 1969

Amazing render!
    edited December 1969

Your archipelago "world" always amazes me. Though there always detail that can be improved, I think the shot is very near to photo realistic.
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Lord...mann...will it ever be over – you probably saw this YouTube vid the other day, it is so dramatic. On the leaves issue, if they don’t blow away on you naturally, I saw advice given by Phil PLatt (aka The Bad Astronomer) – QUOTE:”I heard an interesting piece of advice that seems sound to me: rake your leaves! Leaves get clogged in drains and can aid flooding. By getting leaves up out of your yard, it lowers the odds of flooding – though by how much I couldn’t say. Still, it sounds like something that can’t hurt, especially given some of the predictions I’ve seen for more than 20 centimeters (8-10 inches) of rain!”END-QUOTE

Horo...that sounds also interesting using the weather data that way.

Mermaid...many thanks. Yeah, like with David’s illusion, yours works too – the movement of the dots for my eyes anyway are counter-clockwise (right to left), and it seems also to work better when just a single image of the illusion is on its own (looking at a general area in the bottom right quadrant sector of the image helps aid in the illusion, too). But, it’s probably different for other people.

David...great vids on sky and sunsets...I’ve so much to learn still. How does that saying go: “When the student calls, the master appears.”

Jay

Actually I had already raked the leaves in my yard, the comment I made was in jest, it was all I could come up with at the moment as far as trying to find a bright side to going thru a hurricane. :) A good thing I raked them too, it's been non stop rain all day yesterday and today and the hurricane isn't due here until tonight, ugh. When it's all over they're saying we'll have gotten 6-9 inches of rain, maybe more?

edited October 2012

I can't imagine anything making it so much better as to be worth starting over from scratch. Although you could add some touches to it to improve the render such as disturbance of the water where the male figure is and if possible something like footprints in the sandy areas behind both figure's paths.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

Good to see this thread rolling forwards with such a wide selection of interesting images.

Silverdali's being just as outstanding as Rashad's on this page, and yet so markedly different. To me they both look excellent, but I can only really offer any criticism to Rashad's since I know his aim is photorealism.

Caustics under the waters edge and vegetation are outstanding. To my jaded English eyes, the colours seem entirely too vibrant to be realistic. Then again, I've never been anywhere like the place depicted in the scene so I may be wrong in saying that that makes it unrealistic. All I can say is, I live by the sea and the predominant colours are brown (the sea, vegetation) and grey (everything else, the sky, people's complexions, rain and mist and so forth).

My own contribution to this every expanding thread is more abstract and experimental.

Using export HDR options in Bryce and importing back into Bryce IBL to add postwork effects. A similar process to those explored here.

Bryce 25 minute scene project - wings3D to render to postworks - a video by David Brinnen

But this time including the use of the Spherical Mapper to overcome limitations in Bryce's HDRI export capability.

Model in Wings3D. Gamma adjustments and layer combinations in PSP8.

Post_in_Bryce_1.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 379K
    edited December 1969

I've watched the video and I must say this final result looks smashing!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Silver: As usual, that's a stunning render.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Very silver and quite Dali... Great work of art!

This discussion has been closed.