DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.13 is now available!

DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
edited November 2012 in The Commons

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the release of DSON Importer for Poser, version 1.0.0.13!

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The primary purpose of the 1.0.0.13 update is to address some very specific issues that a relatively small percentage of users have encountered with the initial release. These particular issues have prevented the affected users from being able to enjoy the technological advancements of the award-winning Genesis figure platform, within Poser, due to missing files and/or a minor compatibility conflict.

1) For Windows users that installed the initial release but immediately encountered a message like the one below, upon launching Poser:

An error occurred importing addon dson :
ERROR: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

An error occurred importing addon dson :
ERROR: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

We have updated both of the Windows installers (32-bit and 64-bit) to include the appropriate Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package. Users who download this update will no longer need to install these packages separately from the DSON Importer itself.

2) For users who installed the initial release, but encountered an issue where the [embedded] Library in Poser 9/Pro 2012 becomes unresponsive after attempting to load DSON content, we have added an option to the Importer Preferences dialog (Main Menu Bar > Scripts > DSON Support > Importer Preferences...) that allows you to choose whether or not to "Show Progress On Load". Users who experience the unresponsive Library can work around this issue by unchecking the new option* - until or unless a better solution can be identified and implemented.

*Note: The new option should be unchecked prior to making any attempts to load DSON content in order to avoid encountering the issue and having to close/relaunch Poser. Users who uncheck this option will no longer see a progress dialog while the DSON Importer is loading files, but they will continue to see the busy cursor.

3) One last change in this update, which may have a positive impact on a wider range of Poser Pro 2012** users, has to do with the conversion of DSON materials and the fact that the gamma setting on texture objects is now being correctly set to 1.0 on bump, displacement, normal maps, etc.

**Note: Poser 9 does not provide support for gamma correction. If you are a Poser 9 user that is not affected by one of the issues described in #1 or #2 above, you should wait for the next update. Poser 9 users who do apply this update will encounter a "SetGamma" error message when loading assets that apply images to a surface. This error message will not prevent you from being able to use the content, but it will prevent any gamma correction from being applied.

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials content been updated too?

No, the Genesis Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product has not been updated. There is no need to download it again if you already have the 1.6 version that came with the initial release.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously purchased DSON Importer for Poser, simply locate it within your Itemized Order History and then click the "Reset" link on its immediate right. This will cause new links for downloading the latest version to be added to your My Downloadable Products list.

If this is your first time downloading DSON Importer for Poser, simply follow this link, click the "add to cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The previous thread is here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9405/ for those wishing to review the original discussions, much of which is still relevant.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited October 2012

Thanks! But if you're using Poser 9 the installer still attempts to put it in the (non-existing but it'll make one for you anyway) Poser Pro 2012 directory, so be sure to point it to the right place instead of the default location.

Post edited by Byrdie on
    edited December 1969

You're gonna love this: the new update actually gave me all the problems other people had with the old one. Slow library, slow load/items not loading properly at all. Morph transfers incredibly slow or not applying at all. Script errors like this one:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Home\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DSON

Conversions\Beowulf Pants_Genesis.py", line 2, in
    dson.dzdsonimporter.loadCompanionDSONFile( sys.argv[0] );
    AttributeError: SetGamma

The pants came in at the wrong place, would not conform to Genesis and totally refused to accept any morphs. No way could I make them fit. Got the same error with the belt except it loaded in a bright yellow -- not the correct materials apparently -- but eventually after a considerable lag it conformed. Previously the outfit worked perfectly. Fortunately I had not deleted my old installer so I removed the new one and reverted to 1.0.0.9. Now everything works great ... for me at least. First time I had an update that broke everything and fixed nothing that I could see.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited October 2012

Can you please file a bug report so they know

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    You're gonna love this: the new update actually gave me all the problems other people had with the old one. Slow library, slow load/items not loading properly at all. Morph transfers incredibly slow or not applying at all. Script errors like this one:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Home\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DSON

Conversions\Beowulf Pants_Genesis.py", line 2, in
    AttributeError: SetGamma

The pants came in at the wrong place, would not conform to Genesis and totally refused to accept any morphs. No way could I make them fit. Got the same error with the belt except it loaded in a bright yellow -- not the correct materials apparently -- but eventually after a considerable lag it conformed. Previously the outfit worked perfectly. Fortunately I had not deleted my old installer so I removed the new one and reverted to 1.0.0.9. Now everything works great ... for me at least. First time I had an update that broke everything and fixed nothing that I could see.

Byrdie - Please submit a bug report. Let us know what content you were using, which Poser version, your install paths, etc...

Thanks!
    Kat

edited October 2012

Rduda said:
    Verjigorm said:
    I bought the Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 1 as it was supposed to be dson compatable but there doesnt seem to be any way to use the morphs in poser.

I'm not seeing them either - please make a bug report on this.

The morphs seem to already to be in the model when you load them, select the whole body and look at the morphs on the control bars!

That's what I was doing - they aren't under the grouping they are in DS, and don't seem to be in any other grouping either.

After being prompted to reset and reinstall I did and the morphs are there but slightly misplaced - look in Head>Female>Real World>Morph Kits and Torso>Female>Real World>Morph Kits underneath the main Actor group in the Parameters, instead of in Actor>Head>Female etc. and Actor>Upper Body>Torso etc.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Sure, where do I submit? Using Poser 9 on Win 7 Pro with all updates/service packs installed. My install path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9. The content was Uzilite's Beowulf outfit for M4 which I converted to Genesis using the autofit in DazStudio 4.5.1.6 then saved as a .duf and Poser-Companioned the way it's supposed to be. It worked perfectly in P9 with the old importer, "broke" with the new one, and now that I've reverted works perfectly again. Weird or what?

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Sure, where do I submit? Using Poser 9 on Win 7 Pro with all updates/service packs installed. My install path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9. The content was Uzilite's Beowulf outfit for M4 which I converted to Genesis using the autofit in DazStudio 4.5.1.6 then saved as a .duf and Poser-Companioned the way it's supposed to be. It worked perfectly in P9 with the old importer, "broke" with the new one, and now that I've reverted works perfectly again. Weird or what?

To file Bug Reports

You will need to create a separate login for Mantis if you don't already have one.

Thank you!

Kat

• cyberspeed1cyberspeed1 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this update, just amazing, i'm glad everyone loves all this as many more who where praying for this DSON importer product, or something similar to come along so it can be used fully. yaaay

edited December 1969

Bug report sent. Dunno if anyone else is having the same problem, would be interesting to find out.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited October 2012

the old version is working for me so in view of the above problems I will hold off.

But while we are talking upgrades can I please put in an enhancement requewst?
    When I import my pz3 into vue the genesis cage shows up. Any fix for this would be really appreciated.
    I have been told exporting the .obj file works in vue but I would rather not have to this for various reasons. Please see if this can be fixed.

Screen_shot_2012-10-18_at_11.41_.59_PM_.png
    594 x 378 - 90K
    Post edited by esther on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited October 2012

Daz, please please PLEASE make the itemized order history searchable. Finding anything is a complete nightmare if you have more than 80 pages of past purchases like I do.

Also, may I assume that scaling is not fixed with this update? If not, I'll hold out for that ;).

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited December 1969

AllenArt said:
    Daz, please please PLEASE make the itemized order history searchable. Finding anything is a complete nightmare if you have more than 80 pages of past purchases like I do.

If you're running Windows you could try this, it also has support for DSON updates:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

DSON Check doesn't work right now though, as the DSON page which it gets the data from is messed up:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

• oz_tanglesoz_tangles Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

My problem is similar to Verjigorm's. I have installed the Genesis Evolution Head and Body morphs, but I can't find the morph dials in Poser. I am using DSON Importer 1.0.0.13 (64-bit) with Poser Pro 2012 on Win7. All the Genesis content is installed in
    Users\Public\Public Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Genesis Essentials and that's the folder I've used to install the Genesis Evolution morphs. Any suggestions?

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Despite the condition of the store, the webpages really are messed up, I did manage to buy the two extravaganza bundles that went on sale this week… the Jade hair for genesis comes DSON compatable.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited October 2012

One thing you shouldn't do is run the DSON installer when you've got your browser open. I did and it forced a restart! Also, the volume control icon on my taskbar now seems to disappear when I start Windows, it comes back when I restart though! Bizarre!

CHEERS!

EDIT: The above seems to be fixed now, whether my disc tool software sorted it or the Windows security update did it I don't know, but it is fine now.

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • edited December 1969

so far no change library still freezes

edited December 1969

What exactly do you mean by freezing, that library can be a pain at the best of times. Sometimes quickly left and right clicking the mouse gets it going again. Have you ever had double entries come up? Refreshing usually clears it. No service release has ever truly been able to sort it. I still think the old P8 library was the best.

CHEERS!

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    so far no change library still freezes
    Did you turn off the dialog?
    edited December 1969

I tend to find that Poser, library included, runs better if you run it straight after booting the computer. If you've had your browser or anything else open, restart before running it. It has good days and bad days I find, sometimes it's a bitch and sometimes it purrs.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Just a reminder to everyone -

Unless you were having one of the three issues mentioned in the first post, you do not need to update the DSON Importer for Poser from what you already have. This update was to correct those few issues only and no other enhancements were included. :)

Kat

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Unless you were having one of the three issues mentioned in the first post, you do not need to update the DSON Importer for Poser from what you already have. This update was to correct those few issues only and no other enhancements were included. :)

Kat

But if the the updates made to this version are carried forward to the next update then you would still be confronted with the same problems that would need to be fixed, so the next general release will now be perfect as daz now knows about the new issues

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

I'm still not having any luck with newer files. The original content setup works fine. When I click Genesis male in my pp2012 I get the proper figure...with a number of morphs. Just as intended. But, if I add any files that have been added after the initial download. It doesn't seem to work. A couple of examples. The Troll. I added a DSON Troll to my DazStudio 4.5 (latest update) and I add the PoserCompatible .dpc file to PP2012,; I get the icon in my 2012 runtime....but when I load it...I get the standard Genesis with the standard morphs.....there are no Troll morphs. The same with the Casual Surfer set. It shows up in the 2012 Runtime...but when I click it...nothing happens. I am probably missing something(I hope). But I have followed the procedure I have seen on the Internet. Thank you, in advance, for your time and advice.

edited December 1969

adzan said:

Kat

But if the the updates made to this version are carried forward to the next update then you would still be confronted with the same problems that would need to be fixed, so the next general release will now be perfect as daz now knows about the new issues

Yeah, that's what worries me. Any enhancements that get added to this fix will break it for those of us that have little or no problems with the first version of the importer.

• edited December 1969

considering the sucess with victoria 1, michael etc

all the way up to

victoria 4 , michael 4 etc

why cant daz just stick with the old "if it aint broke don't fix it" I've had nothing but trouble since genesis.

daz studio wont run properly on my computer yet poser both 7 & 9 work fine

now DSON wont work properly

what am I doing wrong??

sorry to moan but I had high hopes for getting the use of v5 m5 etc

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    I'm still not having any luck with newer files. The original content setup works fine. When I click Genesis male in my pp2012 I get the proper figure...with a number of morphs. Just as intended. But, if I add any files that have been added after the initial download. It doesn't seem to work. A couple of examples. The Troll. I added a DSON Troll to my DazStudio 4.5 (latest update) and I add the PoserCompatible .dpc file to PP2012,; I get the icon in my 2012 runtime....but when I load it...I get the standard Genesis with the standard morphs.....there are no Troll morphs. The same with the Casual Surfer set. It shows up in the 2012 Runtime...but when I click it...nothing happens. I am probably missing something(I hope). But I have followed the procedure I have seen on the Internet. Thank you, in advance, for your time and advice.

And the DAZ Studio 4.5 directory is linked to Poser as a Runtime location?

edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    considering the sucess with victoria 1, michael etc

all the way up to

victoria 4 , michael 4 etc

why cant daz just stick with the old "if it aint broke don't fix it" I've had nothing but trouble since genesis.

daz studio wont run properly on my computer yet poser both 7 & 9 work fine

now DSON wont work properly

what am I doing wrong??

sorry to moan but I had high hopes for getting the use of v5 m5 etc

Did you turn the prgress bar off in the DSON importer preferences? Scripts>DSON Support>IMporter Preferences

• edited December 1969

ok now I'm getting ...

"Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Alastair\Documents\! My Program Files\Genesis\Runtime\libraries\Materials\DAZ Genesis\Sample Lana - No Gen.py", line 2, in
    AttributeError: SetGamma"

is this normal ?

• danboidanboi Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

2) For users who installed the initial release, but encountered an issue where the [embedded] Library in Poser 9/Pro 2012 becomes unresponsive after attempting to load DSON content, we have added an option to the Importer Preferences dialog (Main Menu Bar > Scripts > DSON Support > Importer Preferences...) that allows you to choose whether or not to "Show Progress On Load". Users who experience the unresponsive Library can work around this issue by unchecking the new option* - until or unless a better solution can be identified and implemented.

Hi

That up above refers to me. I've installed 1.0.0.13 and rebooted. I can't see this new option for love or money and I'm still suffering from the library freeze. I'm poser 9 with the latest SR3.1 driving windows 7 and running the 32 bit version. I can use DSON at the moment by running my old PP 2010 simultaneously with P9 and leaving the PP2010 library floating and using that to load content etc. in P9!
    (Don't ask me I don't know it just works :-))

Danny

• wdcathwdcath Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

All I know when downloading the first Dson one.. changed my Daz 4.5 every bit of poser 9 is now inside of daz studio..all characters clothing etc.. how did that Happen I do not know.. but it is there under poser content..

But still inside of poser 9..

sorry Daz grabbed it at a deal of 73.00 not that I use it yet .. but may come in handy with the hair room and cloth room. someday.. when i find time for it.:)