Daz Studio 4.9.2 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited July 2016

I noticed that only 1 card is used in Interactive mode when rendering image sequences , in viewport with interactive all cards are used but when clicking the render button just 1 and 3 other just in standby mode

No problem with photoreal mode that in this case render faster as interactive also the scene in DS is only 2GB but the cards use over 9GB , the total system RAM usage 10GB  so only for the one card too .

any ideas ?

2016-07-13 (1).png
    519 x 630 - 43K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited July 2016

Here comparison , same scene , rendering image sequences , simple scene it took 2 sec per frame with photoreal mode , I had RAM and VRAM issues with Interactive mode in the preview builds when it used full system RAM while rendering image sequences so the bug may be still there .

Here the scene I am rendering 

gpu usage photo vs interactive.jpg
    1400 x 1080 - 692K
    robo040.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

i sent a ticket some time ago about ram usage with interactive mode

but i had the feeling they do not know what i am talking about at all

no useful answer so i gave up

maybe now they listen

In the beginning Interactive mode was so good I could play animated scene and see it pre-rendered in the viewport , now it is slower for me than Photoreal mode , I like to use it to render previews and draws or scenes without volumetric shaders .. but then it started to use all my system memory at no reason and now VRAM and only 1 GPU , it is definitely going backwards .

Ruphuss said:

i sent a ticket some time ago about ram usage with interactive mode

but i had the feeling they do not know what i am talking about at all

no useful answer so i gave up

maybe now they listen

the thing is mr and mrs daz are not interested in animation issues at all

so they do not care

you will not see any answer here

i used interactive mode for testrenders because it used to be quick

now ram goes up to max of your system

after that all renders are black

Total agree , however the today driver updates from Nvidia fixed some issues for me , I can now preview full animation in the iray viewport  in real-time using all my GPUs in both interactive and photoreal mode and render so much faster than with the old drivers , the only problem right now left are the VRAM usage under Interactive mode 

some scenes don;t really need photoreal mode to looking good especially for some draw style animations but it need to be fixed , the problem is for too long already and nobody pay attention for that, imagine Octane without Direct light mode ( interactive in iray )  it is not aceptable , we don't have real-time mode for iray and interactive is screwed up with the VRAM usage , a scene I render today that use 1.2GB under photoreal use over 9 GB under interactive mode 

Ruphuss said:

the thing is mr and mrs daz are not interested in animation issues at all

so they do not care

you will not see any answer here

i used interactive mode for testrenders because it used to be quick

now ram goes up to max of your system

after that all renders are black

thanks for information

will try the new driver update

so newest nvidia driver installed

still no ram clearing with interactive mode

even after deleting all pics in temp folder

ram does not go down

interactive mode is still broken

Interactive mode is still broken regarding VRAM , driver will not fix it it is internal issue  

Ruphuss said:

ram does not go down

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911
    MEC4D said:

Interactive mode is still broken regarding VRAM , driver will not fix it it is internal issue  

Ruphuss said:

ram does not go down

Latest drivers and interactive mode regularly crashes DAZ for me.  Release and the latest beta.

It working fine for me I am on Win10 .. it crashed with the 1 early build  before GR .. with the General release things working fine beside the usage of VRAM 

it never crashed with CPU so it may be just driver issue , did you install clean instalation or maybe express ? what version of Win ?

MEC4D said:

Ruphuss said:

ram does not go down

Latest drivers and interactive mode regularly crashes DAZ for me.  Release and the latest beta.

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911
    MEC4D said:

It working fine for me I am on Win10 .. it crashed with the 1 early build  before GR .. with the General release things working fine beside the usage of VRAM 

it never crashed with CPU so it may be just driver issue , did you install clean instalation or maybe express ? what version of Win ?

MEC4D said:

Ruphuss said:

ram does not go down

I had done the express install.  Running Win 10 64bit with a GTX 670.  I'll see about finding a consistent way to crash the beta so I can send a report to DAZ.

Ok I think I know what is going on the Interactive mode may use more vram as you card may handle and it crash it ..since it use 3 times more as it should , it use 9GB vram with a 1GB scene , I always choice clean install driver as express may screw up the registry sometime and give you hard time , I installed 3 times new drivers since the General Release and no issues other than the vram usage . You may try to download the driver from Nvidia again and do clean install to be sure , and if not working report  to DAZ , also select just CPU in your render settings and check Interactive mode if with CPU working fine then it is the driver or low vram.

MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

Ruphuss said:

ram does not go down

I had done the express install.  Running Win 10 64bit with a GTX 670.  I'll see about finding a consistent way to crash the beta so I can send a report to DAZ.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

Could some of you check something for me with this build.

With the CMS running and logged in through Connect, could you load Genesis 1 into an empty scene, once loaded translate it away from the default load in point, now with it still selected start loading in the clothing from the G1 starter essentials.

Do they snap to the figure, or just load in at the default position ?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Definitely not auto Fit-To-ing, they move and pose with the figure like normal once manually fitted.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

Thanks jestmart, hoped it wasn't just me.

Most of the early 4.5 G1 content wasn't saved "correctly", as a result it's missing the "conform to selected figure" code from the DUF, most CMS users wouldn't have been aware of this as it took over that function and "force fitted" everything.

Looks like that function is now broken or missing in this build.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790

Is it just me? everytime I try to load a DAZ Uber shader from the IRAY shader presets, it trys to load a new scene instead. That's weird. (Just telling)

I had the same issue before , I had to reinstall the DS essentials and everything was working fine again after restart .

Is it just me? everytime I try to load a DAZ Uber shader from the IRAY shader presets, it trys to load a new scene instead. That's weird. (Just telling)

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790
    MEC4D said:

I had the same issue before , I had to reinstall the DS essentials and everything was working fine again after restart .

O.k. thank you. :-) I will try that.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited August 2016

Is anyone else experiencing Daz studio crashing their display drivers.

I ask because it just started this morning. for me  it has happen 3 times this morning. rendering a rather simple scene so I tried other scenes i had ben working on that i knew renders okay. and it was still crashed my display driver 2 more times, on 4 Attempts it took my whole system down to blue screen. when i tried other versions of studio. it happens  when using preview window, and the direct render to file option.  . I have been rendering iray for a while with no issues it seems to have started this morning. . and I checked to see if i had any driver updates to my graphic card , the last update I did was 3 weeks ago. and everything was working fine then. I seem to get this display driver crash when trying to use  Daz studio version 4.9.2.7 and in Daz Beta version 4.9.2.67 public build.  I even tried rendering the same scenes in 4.8 with the same results.  .. I did a bench stress test to my graphic card and it did not show any errors or problems with my cards or cores.   I tried rolling back my driver so far I have had no crashes.  so that is why I was wondering if anyone else is having issues.

any idea's?

Post edited by Ivy on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

If it continues Ivy you really should submit a report about it so Rob and Co can pinpoint it...

• What is your driver version?

edited August 2016

Hi Ram. I just notice there is a new update to the Daz Beta public build , so I'm downloading it and see if that update fixes anything.   kind of frustrating trying g to figure out what is causing this crash..The last time i was having issuesd like this was with daz 4.9.6.8 . if this don't work i may do system restore.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    Ivy said:

Hi Ram. I just notice there is a new update to the Daz Beta public build , so I'm downloading it and see if that update fixes anything.   kind of frustrating trying g to figure out what is causing this crash..The last time i was having issuesd like this was with daz 4.9.6.8 . if this don't work i may do system restore.

There has never been a 4.9.6.8.

edited August 2016
    barbult said:
    Ivy said:

There has never been a 4.9.6.8.

what ever it was like 4.9.1.68 or something like that sorry

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2016

I did a clean install of  the new beta it seem to fix this crashing issue.  I'll do a clean reinstall of daz 4.9.27

this was the simple scene i was trying to render that was causing me all the problems . rendrs okay now after the clean install.

running.jpg
    667 x 1080 - 50K
    Post edited by Ivy on

What is your driver version?

Capture.JPG
    1511 x 478 - 75K
    edited August 2016

yea the clean install fixed it.. wierd i hate things like this

this was a full scene that I tried that kept crashing too but renders great now , I'm just glad it was not my graphic cards going bad or something

wood dragon.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 383K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Please change color of ani blocks in the next daz 4.9 back to dark blue with dark style like they are in daz 4.8 you can't read them in this color.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,665
    edited August 2016
    Ivy said:

Please change color of ani blocks in the next daz 4.9 back to dark blue with dark style like they are in daz 4.8 you can't read them in this color.

Window > Style > Customize Style..., then the 2. Accents group an din that 10. 'New' Group Color will do the job for now.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on