GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

Yeah thats why I made the edit above. The starter essentials were installed via connect Genx itself was DIM. I was confusing myself. So I started over from scratch:

Loaded the V4 morph (Isolde)

exported and saved as cr2

now I can't eve load my source, I get the following 2 erros if i try either the source button or the load figure button.

GenX error 01.png
    305 x 229 - 7K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

Is GenX2 available by Connect? I can't find it there and according to the product page, it is only available by DIM or manual installer.

AFAIK Connect can't install plugins.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

Connect is currently not supported by GenX2, because the files are located outside of the content folders accessible from plugins. So, GenX2 won't find the geometry and morph files. The upcoming update to GenX2 will work with content located in the Connect section. For the moment, you have to install Genesis by DIM in a content library folder, or you have to add the Connect folder(s) for the Genesis figure(s) each explicitly as content directories in the Content Directory Manager.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

Plugins cannot be installed with Daz Connect at this time.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited April 2016
    Vhardamis said:

Vhardamis: Why can't you select a target or transfer type? Are the fields missing, empty, or grayed?

Lindsey: I will have a look at it ...

They arent greyed out but they can't be clicked on either at all. The drop down boxes don't function. I used to be able to click the target field and my options would show in the drop down. On the transfer button I used to have options for all, off, only 0, etc. Now if i try to select anything it fires off instead trying to transfer non existent stuff.

I'm running on 4.9 CONNECT version. I've uninstalled and installed twice (once through connect, once through DIM).

*edit to add* I lied now it will not install trough the connect, it doesn't even show as an option. I've sent a support ticket in*

The issue is installing Genesis figures and morphs with Daz Connect.  GenX2 won't fine the figures and morphs because each product is installed into indivudual folders by product in Daz Connect Library/Data/Cloud folder.  If you install Genesis Essentials packs and and morphs with DIM, GenX2 will find the Genesis figures and morphs.

I have reinstalled all of my content with Daz Connect where available and when I open GenX2 tab, the genesis figures are greyed out and not selectable... See Pic.

GenX2 with DAZ Connect installed content.jpg
    681 x 672 - 44K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

If you add the Daz Connect location as a DS-format content folder, does it work?

edited April 2016

Connect is currently not supported by GenX2, because the files are located outside of the content folders accessible from plugins. So, GenX2 won't find the geometry and morph files. The upcoming update to GenX2 will work with content located in the Connect section. For the moment, you have to install Genesis by DIM in a content library folder, or you have to add the Connect folder(s) for the Genesis figure(s) each explicitly as content directories in the Content Directory Manager.

And I'm fixed. All cloud connect versions of the base figures had to be unistalled and then reinstalled using the DIM into my Daz Library. Now I can select everything again.

Note to anyone else having this issue: you have to make sure to go into the connect cloud folder and completely delete the base fgiures folders listed by product number too. Otherwise you'll get a duplicate formula error.

If you add the Daz Connect location as a DS-format content folder, does it work?

No its doesn't GenX completely ignores the cloud folder in its search. I had even tried browsing to the file, its confused because it wants a folder named runtime which cloud base doesn't have just product files.

Post edited by Vhardamis on
  • Vhardamis said:

And I'm fixed. All cloud connect versions of the base figures had to be unistalled and then reinstalled using the DIM into my Daz Library. Now I can select everything again.

Note to anyone else having this issue: you have to make sure to go into the connect cloud folder and completely delete the base fgiures folders listed by product number too. Otherwise you'll get a duplicate formula error.

No its doesn't GenX completely ignores the cloud folder in its search. I had even tried browsing to the file, its confused because it wants a folder named runtime which cloud base doesn't have just product files.

I think Mike was suggesting not the \Data\Cloud folder, but the \Data\Cloud\1_##### folder for the product(s)

I think Mike was suggesting not the \Data\Cloud folder, but the \Data\Cloud\1_##### folder for the product(s)

I understood what he meant :) The Gen X plug in (to the best of my limited knowledge from futzing with it this weekend) completely ignores any base figures installed in the data\cloud\1_###### folders. Even when I tried to manually point it to them it gave me a error loading. Thats the folder I needed to remove the figures from by product number after i installed them with DIm because D|S didn't like having them in two places. Once I did that and put all figures in my DAZ3d library it works perfectly again.

You must restart DS when you changed the DS format folders in the content directory manager, because GenX looks for the files when it is started. Otherwise, I see no reason why GenX should handle a content folder inside the connect cloud folder differently from other folder locations.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/94241/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2#latest

didnt knew about this thread so i asked about this in the link above

maybe a mod can merge

though i have everything linked with dcm it cannot find the geometries for gen2fem(male)

i think its a connect problem as those figures are located there

edited June 2016

I have installed the update to Genesis Generation X2 also and I concur iwth Vhardamis that it still doesn't work with DAZ Connect Installed Genesis Essentials packs (Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3) as the files are installed to indivudual product folders within DAZ Connect Library>Data>Cloud.  As Vhardamis mentioned, if one installs the 3 Genesis Essential Packs (+ any character morphs + any morphs packs with DIM into the defined Daz Studio Format library that shares a common DATA folder, GenX2 finds the Genesis figures plus any installed add-on morphs.

GenX2 Error.png
    597 x 552 - 33K
    Post edited by Lindsey on

GenX version 2.1.0.0 should work with DAZ Connect. I have tested this on Win and Mac. However, because DAZ Connect is new in DS 4.9, but the plugin SDK is for DS 4.5, the plugin can't access the folder location directly. If you use the default location, GenX should find it. Otherwise, you need to click on the "Connect Path" button in the GenX options and select the path for DAZ Connect (without the /data/cloud part, this is appended automatically).

edited June 2016

many people do not install to the default connect folder

i have a different too

and even with connect path it does not work for me

maybe the wrong folder

as gen2fem came with gen2 starter essentials

do not know where the right folder is so it can work

i really begin to hate this half ready connect stuff

Post edited by Ruphuss on

GenX version 2.1.0.0 should work with DAZ Connect. I have tested this on Win and Mac. However, because DAZ Connect is new in DS 4.9, but the plugin SDK is for DS 4.5, the plugin can't access the folder location directly. If you use the default location, GenX should find it. Otherwise, you need to click on the "Connect Path" button in the GenX options and select the path for DAZ Connect (without the /data/cloud part, this is appended automatically).

THANK YOU, Dimension3D!

I had scanned the updated user guide and had only looked at the install instructions for changes.  I did find references to the Daz Connect changes in the 3.5 Transfer Options section of the user guide. I opened up the Connect Path on the lower right and updated the Daz Connect folder path and the Genesis figures have been found by GenX2.

Lindsey: Thanks for confirming that it works for you.

Ruphuss: Actually, Connect just means that each product has its own little content folder under "/data/cloud/", so there is no real difference if GenX has to find geometry files in the usual content folders or under Connect. Just be sure you use the exact same path on GenX in the options for "Connect Path" as it is shown in Content Directory Manager under "DAZ Connect Data". Then, it should work.

thanks D3D

solved

edited June 2016

next question

i have collected a lot of morphs for the transfer in the transfer pane under morphs

can i save this collection somehow as preset or do i have to collect them each time again ?

and

where do i find this actor folder for deleting morphs ?

Post edited by Ruphuss on

There is not much reason to transfer the same pose or preset more than once to a preset for a different figure, so there is no option to save the list in the Presets tab.

Usually, GenX creates the morph files in the same folder where it finds the geometry file. However, for Connect, it saves them in the first content library. The relative path is always the same, because this is how DS knows that geometry and morphs belong together.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Just curious if a Genesis 3 add-on is being worked or on the horizon. This is a fantastic tool but I and many others have moved up a generation and find it's outside our workflow now. Would love to have it back in.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Just curious if a Genesis 3 add-on is being worked or on the horizon. This is a fantastic tool but I and many others have moved up a generation and find it's outside our workflow now. Would love to have it back in.

An update was confirmed a while ago. :)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

I'm assuing the update will fix this issue, though, correct?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

It's out! http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-3

See the new announcement thread for details about the GenX2 update and the Genesis 3 add-on release.

• So with the new G3F/M update, has anyone tried it out yet with "extreme" morphs (i.e. DarioFish's alien morphs, RawArt, etc) yet and if so, what do they look like on Genesis 3?

• About to purchase the update but I figured while it was on sale I'd pick up http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle to go with it since I've recently been acumilating some older content at sale prices. Problem is this one is not coming up as on sale. Anyone know why or if this is right?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

So glad to see this in the store this morning!  Yay, immediately in the cart.  I can't wait to try this out and do a little experimenting!  Awesome!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Is it in the cart with the GenX G3 add-on?? and did you go all the way to the checkout??

• A3/H3 add-on also doesn't seem to be on sale.

The promo text on the "Faces and Hair" page says "Featured items in these artists catalogs", so it's not the complete catalog. Looks like the generation 3 add-ons for GenX2 are excluded from the 60% sale.