GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Here's an experiment transferring over Creature morphs from G2M -> G3M. Obviously it'd look better with a good skin or HD morphs, but still fun...

Ooh! What skin is that?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878
    I'm pretty sure it's one of the procedural skin shaders I've been working on. (hoping to Polish it up for sale in the next month or so) I can't check right now because my computer died (which will complicate previous plan...)
  • LyoneLyone Posts: 138

Thanks Lyone

You're welcome.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Hmm.. trying the "get value from scene" is still just giving me 3 changes with Bethany.

• JackJackJackJack Posts: 11

I transferred Mavka from genesis  to gf3 and everything looks great except for this ring around the iris. Anyone know what causes it? Transfer to GF2 does not have this issue.

eye issue.png
    1000 x 750 - 1M
  • Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    JackJack said:

I transferred Mavka from genesis  to gf3 and everything looks great except for this ring around the iris. Anyone know what causes it? Transfer to GF2 does not have this issue.

There are fix morphs for the Irises and Pupils on Genesis 3.  Under the Shaping tab go to Eyes > Generation X > **Fix**.

• JackJackJackJack Posts: 11
    JackJack said:

There are fix morphs for the Irises and Pupils on Genesis 3.  Under the Shaping tab go to Eyes > Generation X > **Fix**.

Hmmm, I don't have a **Fix** section under Generation X. Is there something I have to do to get it?

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131

You need to have Genesis 3 selected, then in the Shaping tab, in the "Eyes" section (not "Actor") go to Generation X > **Fix**.  There are also a few fix morphs under "Mouth".  These are all loaded with the new AddOn for Genesis 3, there is nothing else you need to do.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I found it here:

GenX eyes Fix.JPG
    442 x 757 - 52K
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

Not really loving the GenX plugin for Gen3. While I have been getting lovely results converting my V4 characters to G2, my results for converting G3 to G2 have been hit and miss at best.  Most figures come over with no changes or odd changes like just the navel in one case. Even using the "get value from scene" is useless.  I directly transfer  Priya and despite her body and head morphs listed in the source figure section, no value was checked after transfer all non zero values was applied.  I have been able to transfer G2 to G3 and V4 to G3 though.

Not really loving the GenX plugin for Gen3. While I have been getting lovely results converting my V4 characters to G2, my results for converting G3 to G2 have been hit and miss at best.  Most figures come over with no changes or odd changes like just the navel in one case. Even using the "get value from scene" is useless.  I directly transfer  Priya and despite her body and head morphs listed in the source figure section, no value was checked after transfer all non zero values was applied.  I have been able to transfer G2 to G3 and V4 to G3 though.

i'm having the same...I'm continuing trying to transfer Bethany 7, and only the hight changes, nothing else :(

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    Scavenger said:

i'm having the same...I'm continuing trying to transfer Bethany 7, and only the hight changes, nothing else :(

I find that I need to set the parameter value for (e.g.) the Bethany shape to 1 in the morphs list in GenX2 before it will transfer correctly - many of these shapes seem to come into GenX2 with the parameter value set to 0.

( I think this may be the same "problem" that you see when you use the Currently Used tab in the DS parameters pane and some parameters don't show up there at all.)

Hmm.. can you provide a screen shot?

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

Besides "Create single morph" mode, there is also the "Selected morphs" transfer mode. This should work best for morphs like Bethany. All you need to do is to select the Bethany morph in the morph list and transfer it with the "Selected morphs" mode. No need to set values at all.

Besides "Create single morph" mode, there is also the "Selected morphs" transfer mode. This should work best for morphs like Bethany. All you need to do is to select the Bethany morph in the morph list and transfer it with the "Selected morphs" mode. No need to set values at all.

Thank you, this worked perfectly for me. These are the settings I used:

Screenshot 2016-07-18 17.06.52.png
    587 x 1283 - 151K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited July 2016

Dimenson3D (obviously) and barbult are right - to transfer just Bethany works fine in Selected Morphs mode. My method was something I discovered trying to create a single morph for a character which is based on a figure (where only the deltas between the figure and the character get selected automatically). This applied equally to a character "created" myself using lots of dialled-in morphs, or to a purchased character. Here are the screenshots transferring Camile for Bethany 7 as a quick example, showing (A) what shows up in GenX2 when you copy current morphs for the selected figure then select all non-zero morphs (lacking Bethany 7) and (B) typing the appropriate value into the parameter value (double-click on the value to change it).

ETA: You'd need to type in the value for Bethany Head as well as Bethany Body to transfer Camile correctly in my example.

GenX2-A.jpg
    1423 x 901 - 270K
    GenX2-B.jpg
    1423 x 903 - 267K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

I can't believe it was this easy all the time! Dimenson3D, so happy you keep up with these threads because I learned something new today.  And thanks barbult and MelanieL for your screenshots.  This worked amazing, like 1-2-3! I'm back to loving GenX again.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515

...finally was able to pick up the GenX 3 for G3 add on.  I also have all the update files.  Been a while since I installed a plugin so not sure where to direct the DIM.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

DIM just needs the path to the folder Studio is installed to in the Application tab of Preferences.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

I'm very late to the party, but I just picked up basically the entire package today.

I have it installed to the public beta and I am using Connect.

The Connect Path is set to point to the same location as my Content Directory Manager and I still get Warnings that nothing is found.

Besides that, since you can't install Generation 3 and Generation 4 via Connet, how does it find that data?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Plug-ins cannot be installed by Connect.

edited October 2016
    jestmart said:

I installed the plugins via DIM, as required. How would I even have access to the plugin if I hadn't?

Does not seem to work properly in the Beta (at least not without some sort of manual moving of files, which I have not tried yet), but in the regular release it kind of works.

All I get is warnings about this, warnings about that.

Can't use Connect as the Output Folder, but then the morphs needs to be in the same folder.

There needs to be some clear direction for how to set this up to work properly for Connect.

Post edited by evilded777 on

I'm very late to the party, but I just picked up basically the entire package today.

I have it installed to the public beta and I am using Connect.

The Connect Path is set to point to the same location as my Content Directory Manager and I still get Warnings that nothing is found.

Besides that, since you can't install Generation 3 and Generation 4 via Connet, how does it find that data?

jestmart said:

I installed the plugins via DIM, as required. How would I even have access to the plugin if I hadn't?

Does not seem to work properly in the Beta (at least not without some sort of manual moving of files, which I have not tried yet), but in the regular release it kind of works.

All I get is warnings about this, warnings about that.

Can't use Connect as the Output Folder, but then the morphs needs to be in the same folder.

There needs to be some clear direction for how to set this up to work properly for Connect.

I have been using GenX2 successfully with characters that were installed with Daz Connect in the Beta 4.9.3.71. I am not using Generation 3 or 4 characters, though. I've been transferring between Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 male and female.

It took some figuring as to where the Base Path needed to go, but once I got that down, I have been able to get it to work.

Now if I could just figure out why its not working in the Beta, so I don't have to switch back and forth

You may need to copy the plugin files to the corresponding Beta folder structure. I installed so long ago, I don't remember whether this plugin required that or not. I know some do. DIM doesn't install all plugins to both release and beta folders.

jestmart said:

DIM just needs the path to the folder Studio is installed to in the Application tab of Preferences.

...the DIM is currently set to Daz3D/Studio/LIbrary which is where Daz contant goes. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    kyoto kid said:
    jestmart said:

...the DIM is currently set to Daz3D/Studio/LIbrary which is where Daz contant goes. 

That's content, plugins get installed based on the location of the parent application as specified in Settings > Applications.

...so all the Gen-X updates and the G3 add on install to C:/programme Files?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    kyoto kid said:

...so all the Gen-X updates and the G3 add on install to C:/programme Files?

They install to the Plugins and Appdata folders for Daz Studio