Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.2.70! - Released - (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• You have all been very helpful to me explaining the improvements with this DS4.9 Beta Release.

yes

• OK, One Big Question here.

"Where do I download this Beta version 4.9.2.67"?????????????

When I go to My Products page I get DS4.9.1.30

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited May 2016

OK, One Big Question here.

Install Manager Under Public Beta in your Filters setting. (Make sure Public Beta is checked, it is off by default.) You may also need to check the show hidden files box. 

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • Dead_ReckoningDead_Reckoning Posts: 63
    edited May 2016

Install Manager Under Public Beta in your Filters setting. (Make sure Public Beta is checked, it is off by default.) You may also need to check the show hidden files box. 

I did that Spooky and DIM downloaded 4.9.1.30

I do not get it.

Post edited by Dead_Reckoning on

I did that Spooky and DIM downloaded 49.1.30

I do not get it.

Sorry, I should have posted images. You are seeing the Release not the Public Beta. 

Step 1. Check the box that says Display Hidden.

Step 2. Click the box that says Download Filters.

Step 3. Scroll down in the Settings popup and check where it says Public Build

Step 4. Hit Accept. 

CheckBox.jpg
    485 x 229 - 40K
    DownloadFilters.jpg
    537 x 510 - 89K
  • I did All of that Spooky, Step by Stepand ended up with the 4.9.1.30 zip file for x64

edited May 2016

I did All of that Spooky, Step by Stepand ended up with the 4.9.1.30 zip file for x64

Which isn't a beta but the current release version. You might have to "buy" the Public Beta (free). 

My fault. With you being around for as long as you have, I assumed you already had. 

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • I think I got it this time. I went and uncheck a lot of things, while making sure I had Public Build checked off. This time "All pf the Yellow Tage Beta Files showed up as ready to download.

I think I got it this time. I went and uncheck a lot of things, while making sure I had Public Build checked off. This time "All pf the Yellow Tage Beta Files showed up as ready to download.

Cool.

• I am Good To Go yes

Thanks All

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

YAY!  Hope your happy with the updates DR! 

• Dead_ReckoningDead_Reckoning Posts: 63
    edited May 2016

I know it just rendered and Iray Scene that crashed with DS4.8 at 33%

Now I need to get th Panes setup the way I like them

Post edited by Dead_Reckoning on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    rbtwhiz said:

Light portals

A typical problem with architectural scenes is that environment light can sometimes only enter through few small openings, such as small windows. In cases like this the convergence can often be improved by giving the renderer a hint where these openings are in the scene.

For Iray Photoreal this can be done by placing light geometry (e.g. rectangle lights) over the openings and marking them as light portals...

Technically, these lights are no longer light sources (they are invisible and do not need to have a light shader or emitting material), but merely a hint to Iray Photoreal where to expect environment light from.

Using light portals should not change the rendering result, only convergence speed. However, it should be stated that they do not always help, in fact they can cause lower performance if placed incorrectly. For an architectural scene a rule of thumb for using portals is:

• A significant amount of illumination comes through the windows.
    • The illumination coming through the windows is not dominated by direct sun light or other very bright regions in the environment.
    • The windows are relatively small.
    • The caustic sampler is enabled.

-Rob

Flipping AWESOME!

• MEC4D said:

The Beta render faster 20-30% when you have multiple cards , there is difference between faster and better it depends of the scene and settings like outdoor or indoor  but I go for the Beta build as it is overall best build so far regardless .. you can run Beta separate so you can try if you like without removing your current one but don't go with the current public build ,too much bugs .

Agreed, Cath, noticeable to me even though I only use one card. This is a great beta so far. I'm not going back to the public build. This “Manipulation Resolution” in the Iray draw mode just makes all the difference to me as I use this mode a lot.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Me too but mostly for animations as interactive mode allow me to play it in real time  before the final rendering .and that is awesome ! public build is no more in my interest .  Stressed me enough already .

MEC4D said:

The Beta render faster 20-30% when you have multiple cards , there is difference between faster and better it depends of the scene and settings like outdoor or indoor  but I go for the Beta build as it is overall best build so far regardless .. you can run Beta separate so you can try if you like without removing your current one but don't go with the current public build ,too much bugs .

Agreed, Cath, noticeable to me even though I only use one card. This is a great beta so far. I'm not going back to the public build. This “Manipulation Resolution” in the Iray draw mode just makes all the difference to me as I use this mode a lot.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I believe you both mean "General Release", not "Public Build"; the Public Build is the Beta.

• Fixypcmike

We are talking about Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.2.67, which is The Beta Release.

It runs seperately from my DS4.8 and infact I had both opened at the same time yesterday.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited May 2016

Fixypcmike

We are talking about Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.2.67, which is The Beta Release.

It runs seperately from my DS4.8 and infact I had both opened at the same time yesterday.

Mike is talking to me (and Cath) who mistakenly called the General Release the "Public Build".

Of course, now this thread has become obsolete, with General Release 4.2.9.2.70! [fixed typo]

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
  • Fixypcmike

Mike is talking to me (and Cath) who mistakenly called the General Release the "Public Build".

Of course, now this thread has become obsolete, with General Release 4.2.2.70!

But will not this 4.2.2.70 "Overwrite" and Upgrade my DS4.8 that I have been using for a long time now?

I went with the Beta because I can use both DS4.8 and DS4.9.

• Fixypcmike

But will not this 4.2.2.70 "Overwrite" and Upgrade my DS4.8 that I have been using for a long time now?

Sorry, that was a typo, I meant 4.9.2.70.

Yes that's true, the general release 4.9.2.70 will overwrite your 4.8, whereas the public beta 4.9.2.67 won't/hasn't. This last beta is still very good though, so I don't see much disadvantage in sticking with it (until more betas come out) rather than overwriting your 4.8 if you don't feel ready to commit to 4.9 entirely.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,327
    edited May 2016

Fixypcmike

Sorry, that was a typo, I meant 4.9.2.70.

Yes that's true, the general release 4.9.2.70 will overwrite your 4.8, whereas the public beta 4.9.2.67 won't/hasn't. This last beta is still very good though, so I don't see much disadvantage in sticking with it (until more betas come out) rather than overwriting your 4.8 if you don't feel ready to commit to 4.9 entirely.

Update / Edit:

Together with the General 4.9.2.70 release there was also an update to the Public "Beta" release version added in the DIM.

-> So you can upgrade the 4.9.2.67 Public build to the now available 4.9.2.70 Public build.

And leave the General Build at which ever older version you may prefer for some reasons for some tasks.

- - -

Personally I am happy that I can always use the public build to get the latest updates and do not anymore have to install the general build at all.

So thank you for providing that option.

2016-05-25 (6).png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796

And yes FBX export still does not bake morphs along the timeline, I did put in a ticket but .......

For DAZ studio users this will not be an issue

For iClone users it is pretty much a dealbreaker when it comes to buying DAZ content, I guess it will come down to how much of the marketplace this segment of sales represents as to whether it is a priority.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

You are right LOL I will remember  General Release vs Beta Public Build 

I believe you both mean "General Release", not "Public Build"; the Public Build is the Beta.

• Update / Edit:

Together with the General 4.9.2.70 release there was also an update to the Public "Beta" release version added in the DIM.

-> So you can upgrade the 4.9.2.67 Public build to the now available 4.9.2.70 Public build.

And leave the General Build at which ever older version you may prefer for some reasons for some tasks.

- - -

Personally I am happy that I can always use the public build to get the latest updates and do not anymore have to install the general build at all.

So thank you for providing that option.

Thanks for that info, livanchene. That's very good to know.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

So Is there version (beta and product)  which still can set "inehrit scale" option for each nodes without problem?
    I sent ticket and asked  support if  it is only my PC  problem or not, and get answer it is bug, when DAZ release 4.9.2 betas.

the probem for me, after up-date this version, (I already up-dated beta, then found it seems bug)

I  lost ability to set inherit scale for nodes.( parented prop. and figure nodes etc)  or I need to ask support then offer old version?

if it was already removed  in private build, simply hope it offer as pulbic  beta version. indecision

jointeditor.PNG
    831 x 793 - 182K
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

Yeah, new beta is fast on Iray but slow on everything else. I have one V4 and am working with head lamp and 3 pieces of clothing on an a 64bit Win7 Pro system with 64megs of ram and the thing is dog slow.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Yeah, new beta is fast on Iray but slow on everything else. I have one V4 and am working with head lamp and 3 pieces of clothing on an a 64bit Win7 Pro system with 64megs of ram and the thing is dog slow.

That's strange -- is this comparing beta to previous beta, or beta to general release?

• Question on settingup a Custom User Interface

With my DS4.8 Installation I have

Scene over Content library on the right and on the left I have Aux Viewport over Parameters, Surfaces, Poses, Lights, Cameras.

I know how to Delete or Add a Tab as well as How to Undock and area.

IS THERE anyway to Undock something like Scene and Move to new location and then Dock It????

Thanks

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890

Question on settingup a Custom User Interface

With my DS4.8 Installation I have

Scene over Content library on the right and on the left I have Aux Viewport over Parameters, Surfaces, Poses, Lights, Cameras.

I know how to Delete or Add a Tab as well as How to Undock and area.

IS THERE anyway to Undock something like Scene and Move to new location and then Dock It????

Thanks

Click on the Context Menu and select Undock, that's how I did mine.

Pane Menu.jpg
    644 x 364 - 42K

3Delight is unchanged from 4.9.1, I have no idea what might be going on there.