Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.2.70! - Released - (*UPDATED*)

123578

Comments

  • Jack238Jack238 Posts: 109
    forsaken said:

    specifically the morph animation is missing

    the morphs are baked but no timeline animation which we need in iClone 3Dchange to assign visemes.

    I can manually do them all but thats not going to be a whole lot of joy, I will have to use my 4.7 build which is a shame as parenting issues had been fixed in 4.9, I hang on to a few old installers for these reasons.

    May have create a new folder and manually download the production build to it for now.

    Does this work in the current release version of 4.9 and now it does not work in the beta 4.9? 

    And, the obvious question - did you report it as a bug? 

    It seems like something DAZ would want fixed quickly.

     

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 17,033

    I still need to test that, it worked previous beta

    that is why I need to install production build if I can download it, my net being flakey

  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 3,972

    I see, now when I use "Show Asset in Smart Content >files" again, for NJA pony tail hair, from content lbirary (serched with file option)

    DS 4.9.2.67 crush.  and it seems not show any alerat window, then User can not offer these log .

     

    (Actually ,I remember, when I use "Show assets in smart content", I often  needed to apply twice same option,

    then DS could  show the assets in smart content, (or it just show all items))

     

    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#private_build_channel

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 9,582

    I see "Made improvements to the “Show Asset(s) in > Smart Content > Products” and “Show Product in > Smart Content > Products” actions found in context menus for assets/products in the Content library pane". I'm afraid most of the rest of it is gibberish to me. I hope "made improvements" means "won't crash anymore". smiley

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 17,033
    Jack238 said:
    forsaken said:

    specifically the morph animation is missing

    the morphs are baked but no timeline animation which we need in iClone 3Dchange to assign visemes.

    I can manually do them all but thats not going to be a whole lot of joy, I will have to use my 4.7 build which is a shame as parenting issues had been fixed in 4.9, I hang on to a few old installers for these reasons.

    May have create a new folder and manually download the production build to it for now.

    Does this work in the current release version of 4.9 and now it does not work in the beta 4.9? 

    And, the obvious question - did you report it as a bug? 

    It seems like something DAZ would want fixed quickly.

     

    yes it works in the current release version, I had issues doing a side by side installation with my 4.7 build in that CMS will not work in it but the FBX export certainly does and iray and everything else, as I never use smart content anyway the other does not bother me.
    so it is an issue in the latest beta, I may do a bug report once I determine exactly what other problems if any arise.

    I may also test swapping the dll out.

  • Jack238Jack238 Posts: 109
    forsaken said:
    Jack238 said:
    forsaken said:

    specifically the morph animation is missing

    the morphs are baked but no timeline animation which we need in iClone 3Dchange to assign visemes.

    I can manually do them all but thats not going to be a whole lot of joy, I will have to use my 4.7 build which is a shame as parenting issues had been fixed in 4.9, I hang on to a few old installers for these reasons.

    May have create a new folder and manually download the production build to it for now.

    Does this work in the current release version of 4.9 and now it does not work in the beta 4.9? 

    And, the obvious question - did you report it as a bug? 

    It seems like something DAZ would want fixed quickly.

     

    yes it works in the current release version, I had issues doing a side by side installation with my 4.7 build in that CMS will not work in it but the FBX export certainly does and iray and everything else, as I never use smart content anyway the other does not bother me.
    so it is an issue in the latest beta, I may do a bug report once I determine exactly what other problems if any arise.

    I may also test swapping the dll out.

     

    I did notice some FBX changes (improvements) in the change log:

    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#private_build_channel

    - FBX importer now imports limits

    - Made improvements to FBX Importer to handle a case where Maya applies local transformation to skinned nodes

    Not sure if this could be related, but it would seem that DAZ has been working on this area of the program.

     

     

     

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 17,033

    I substituted the dll with the release build one and that works so will file a bug report, if they consider it a bug, iClone compatibility may not be their priority maybe it is a Maya, Max etc improvement.

  • Jack238Jack238 Posts: 109
    forsaken said:

    I substituted the dll with the release build one and that works so will file a bug report, if they consider it a bug, iClone compatibility may not be their priority maybe it is a Maya, Max etc improvement.

     

    Thank you for your work on this issue. I would hope that iClone compatibility is important to DAZ. 

  • Can anyone please explain to me precisely what DS4.9 does "Better then " DS 4.8?

    I tried rendering a scene with DS4.8 Iray Photoreal the other day that "Killed Dead' DS 4.8.

    It contained V7, M7, Iray Worlds Sea Environment and Rustic Gazebo. The Iray render reached 33% and died. Will chaging to DS4.9 improve the Iray Photreal rendering ability?

  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 2,348

    Can anyone please explain to me precisely what DS4.9 does "Better then " DS 4.8?

    I tried rendering a scene with DS4.8 Iray Photoreal the other day that "Killed Dead' DS 4.8.

    It contained V7, M7, Iray Worlds Sea Environment and Rustic Gazebo. The Iray render reached 33% and died. Will chaging to DS4.9 improve the Iray Photreal rendering ability?

    Iray has been updated to name one.

  • Dead_ReckoningDead_Reckoning Posts: 63
    edited May 2016

    Can anyone please explain to me precisely what DS4.9 does "Better then " DS 4.8?

    I tried rendering a scene with DS4.8 Iray Photoreal the other day that "Killed Dead' DS 4.8.

    It contained V7, M7, Iray Worlds Sea Environment and Rustic Gazebo. The Iray render reached 33% and died. Will chaging to DS4.9 improve the Iray Photreal rendering ability?

    Iray has been updated to name one.

    Does it now render faster or more detailed?

    Post edited by Dead_Reckoning on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,847

    Yes, it is at least minimaly faster. It also handles skin much better as well.

  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    Khory said:

    Yes, it is at least minimaly faster. It also handles skin much better as well.

    And multiple bug fixes from NVIDIA. 

  • Khory said:

    Yes, it is at least minimaly faster. It also handles skin much better as well.

    And multiple bug fixes from NVIDIA. 

     

    Ar the Fixes in the DS4.9 Software or in nVidia Driver Updates?

  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,847

    Software.. Iray is part of the Studio which is software. The drivers for the hardware are updated for a wide variety of reasons but the vast majority of that looks to be games.

  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    Khory said:

    Yes, it is at least minimaly faster. It also handles skin much better as well.

    And multiple bug fixes from NVIDIA. 

     

    Ar the Fixes in the DS4.9 Software or in nVidia Driver Updates?

    Both. There were conflicts with a handful of NVIDIA Drivers and Iray. the Public Beta resolves those as well as other bug fixes. 

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 8,024
    Khory said:

    Yes, it is at least minimaly faster. It also handles skin much better as well.

    And multiple bug fixes from NVIDIA. 

     

    Ar the Fixes in the DS4.9 Software or in nVidia Driver Updates?

    Hi DR.. been a while.  Hope all is well with you.  I have to say 4.9 has been a joy compared to 4.8! 

  • RAMWolff said:
    Khory said:

    Yes, it is at least minimaly faster. It also handles skin much better as well.

    And multiple bug fixes from NVIDIA. 

    I have had some serious health Issues that have slowed me down a lot. After Radiation and Chemo Treatments, I have been doing better.

    Ar the Fixes in the DS4.9 Software or in nVidia Driver Updates?

    Hi DR.. been a while.  Hope all is well with you.  I have to say 4.9 has been a joy compared to 4.8! 

     

  • I have had some serious Health Issues Ramwolff

  • Radiation & Chemo Treatments helped a lot.

  • What I do not want to do is use DS4.9 and start having issues with it. So far DS4.8 has been working A-Ok with my i7 CPU and 4 Mb nVidia GPU.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 8,024

    I'm so sorry you had to go through all that DR.  Glad your doing better. 

    All I can say about 4.8 was that it was unstable for me and there was that glitch with the iRay engine that was corrected in 4.9 so for ME it's been great and very stable.  As for the CMS stuff, you log on one time, let it do it's thing and then next time, if you desire, you just uncheck the logon box and you'll never be bothered by it again.  I don't use Smart Content all that often considering I do most of my work using Hivewire figures and they don't make metadata for them.  I started out wanting to do that but I gave up.  LOL

  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

    Use the Public Beta, that way if you can try it without committing to it. 

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 8,024

    Use the Public Beta, that way if you can try it without committing to it. 

    Thumbs up on that!

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 9,582
    RAMWolff said:

    Use the Public Beta, that way if you can try it without committing to it. 

    Thumbs up on that!

    Yes! The public beta has some important fixes that make it much better than the released 4.9.1.30 anyway. 

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 17,033

    No word on why the FBX export was changed?

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464

    The Beta render faster 20-30% when you have multiple cards , there is difference between faster and better it depends of the scene and settings like outdoor or indoor  but I go for the Beta build as it is overall best build so far regardless .. you can run Beta separate so you can try if you like without removing your current one but don't go with the current public build ,too much bugs .

    Can anyone please explain to me precisely what DS4.9 does "Better then " DS 4.8?

    I tried rendering a scene with DS4.8 Iray Photoreal the other day that "Killed Dead' DS 4.8.

    It contained V7, M7, Iray Worlds Sea Environment and Rustic Gazebo. The Iray render reached 33% and died. Will chaging to DS4.9 improve the Iray Photreal rendering ability?

    Iray has been updated to name one.

    Does it now render faster or more detailed?

     

  • RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 541

    I've found the viewport in Iray interactive mode is significantly more responsive with the beta.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 4,464

    A lot better in photo real too, before I used 300msec now I am using 100msec and no choppy, plus you got pixel resolution new function so you can adjust it for better speed in the rotation of the camera no matter interactive or photo real  , the speed improve a lot , just make sure the head lamp is off as it slow down the view port rotations , the same for the perspective camera , use new default camera with head lamp off and things will spin much faster

    I've found the viewport in Iray interactive mode is significantly more responsive with the beta.

     

  • RAMWolff said:

    I'm so sorry you had to go through all that DR.  Glad your doing better. 

    All I can say about 4.8 was that it was unstable for me and there was that glitch with the iRay engine that was corrected in 4.9 so for ME it's been great and very stable.  As for the CMS stuff, you log on one time, let it do it's thing and then next time, if you desire, you just uncheck the logon box and you'll never be bothered by it again.  I don't use Smart Content all that often considering I do most of my work using Hivewire figures and they don't make metadata for them.  I started out wanting to do that but I gave up.  LOL

    Thanks Ramwolff.

    Since I can install seperately, I will be setting it up today.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.