Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.2.70! - Released - (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Dead_ReckoningDead_Reckoning Posts: 63
    edited May 2016

Question on settingup a Custom User Interface

With my DS4.8 Installation I have

Scene over Content library on the right and on the left I have Aux Viewport over Parameters, Surfaces, Poses, Lights, Cameras.

I know how to Delete or Add a Tab as well as How to Undock and area.

IS THERE anyway to Undock something like Scene and Move to new location and then Dock It????

Thanks

Click on the Context Menu and select Undock, that's how I did mine.

Sorry, I want to be able "To Dock" and element after I have loaded it. It is already floating free. I want to dock to something like the box that contains Parametrs. I area kno hw to undock and make it a floater.

Post edited by Dead_Reckoning on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited May 2016

Scene over Content library on the right and on the left I have Aux Viewport over Parameters, Surfaces, Poses, Lights, Cameras.

IS THERE anyway to Undock something like Scene and Move to new location and then Dock It????

Thanks

Sorry, I want to be able "To Dock" and element after I have loaded it. It is already floating free. I wan to dock to something like the box that contains Parametrs

I haven't seen an issue with that. I have been undocking and docking tool bars and panes all morning. Just grabbing the tab and dragging for panes. 

Are you using a custom layout? (Previously saved from an earlier version, for example.)

Are your tabs along the top or the sides?

Have you tried running the Update and Merge Menus Script?

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,812

Thanks

Sorry, I want to be able "To Dock" and element after I have loaded it. It is already floating free. I want to dock to something like the box that contains Parametrs. I area kno hw to undock and make it a floater.

Grab e.g. the Parameters tab and drag it to whatever pane you want? Maybe a screenshot or 2 will explain what you mean.

• This is how I would like to Setup DS4.9.2......................

Four Seperate Areas with Tabs for each area.

I have Area 1 over Area 2 on the left and Area 3 over Area 4 on the right.

Daz Studio 4.8 Pro User Interface.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,812

This is how I would like to Setup DS4.9.2......................

Four Seperate Areas with Tabs for each area.

I have Area 1 over Area 2 on the left and Area 3 over Area 4 on the right.

Probably the easiet way is to undock each tab, e.g. Scene, Environment, Smart Content, etc. Now drag the undocked Environment to the Scene tab, that will become one area. Repeat for the others until you have your 4 areas\groups. Now you can place each area\group in position and scale to preference by dragging the edges of the area\group.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

My custom actions from 4.8 aren't in the 4.9public version.  This is not unexpected, but I do not see any way to transfer them; i.e., I cannot see where in the 4.8 application data they are stored.  Ideas?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    Ostadan said:

My custom actions from 4.8 aren't in the 4.9public version.  This is not unexpected, but I do not see any way to transfer them; i.e., I cannot see where in the 4.8 application data they are stored.  Ideas?

On Windows, C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Hm, found it on my Mac, but just copying it into the Public Build folder didn't do the deed.  Nothing's ever that simple...

edited May 2016

If you saved a layout with the custom actions, it will be in User Layouts/Actions.  You'll then need to reload the layout for them to take effect.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,275

Just installed the latest Beta (4.9.2.70) on my old laptop to test. Can anyone tell me how far down the list getting something like the blue New highlight back in Content Library. That is the big thing stopping me upgrading to 4.9. I can't catagorise my content in a way that works for me if I can't find all the bits, Product library is just a mess of files under each item, and as far as I can work out non-Daz Freebies and Content don't even make it in there. People say it was flaky but I never had a problem with the blue New highlight system.

Oh and I have the Upgrading CMS everytime I start 4.9 - after taking weeks with CS to get an earlier Beta even to work on this laptop, obviously things still aren't right. But I'll leave it, once I get my New blue highlights back I'll install on my main computer and get it working 100% there. smiley

Have you submitted a feature request?  I haven't heard anything about there being plans to bring it back, much as I would like it.

Yes, at DAZ_Spooky's request back at the beginning of February - it is still open.

Can someone tell me how to catagorise content without it? crying

• legarclegarc Posts: 45
    Sad said:

Well this latest beta seems to have broken the FBX export for iClone 3DXchange6

I am still testing what works and doesn't but not looking great.

Only reason I use DAZ studio is to go to iClone and fix DS only stuff for Carrara, I keep 4.7 for this reason too so hope its just a beta glitch that will be tested and fixed.

I had same issue exporting to maya for game dev.  something with the fbxExport of new version broke the skeleton when applying humanIK in maya.  got around it by copying the FBXexporter.dll from previous version plug-ing folder and pasting/over writing .dll in the new version.  Seems to fix broken export anomalies while in new DS versions but I don't know if you can keep doing that as newer versions come out.  Submitted ticket awhile back with little to no response.  For now I'm sticking to what works don't have time to figure out DS change control issues.  

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    3Ddreamer said:

Yes, at DAZ_Spooky's request back at the beginning of February - it is still open.

I ended up disabling it when it worked. I open DIM if i want to see what I've recently bought, and search by purchase date.

My problem is more not having a clue what I've bought in the preceeding months/years, not what I've just got. :)

nicstt said:
    3Ddreamer said:

I ended up disabling it when it worked. I open DIM if i want to see what I've recently bought, and search by purchase date.

My problem is more not having a clue what I've bought in the preceeding months/years, not what I've just got. :)

But that doesn't work for non-DAZ freebies and content sad it is more work than the blue New highlight system; following the path in DIM or an external zip/rar. But thanks, if we never get some sort of highlight system back and I eventually upgrade I guess I'll have to use this method.

edited May 2016

Sorry "IF" I have already asked this question in this thread.

I have DS 4.8 Installed, my Main Daz Studio Installation and I also have DS4.9.2.67 expanded into a folder and running (Note: I did not use DIM to Install it). I made a Shortcut to the DazStudio.exe and have it being run by Admin.

What is going to happen IF I want to use this newest, 4.9.2.70 - Release Candidate (*UPDATED* May 25, 2016)???indecision

Will it want to Overwrite my DS4.8 or my DS4.9.2.67??

Can I simply "Unzip it to a folder and Run as Admin?" as I am doing with DS4.9.67?

Thanks for any and all help.

I use PoserPro 11 roughly 95% of the time. I am suing Daz Studio to Improve my abilities with Daz Studio. So sometimes I ask questions that Full Time DS users may find silly.

edited May 2016

Sorry "IF" I have already asked this question in this thread.

I have DS 4.8 Installed, my Main Daz Studio Installation and I also have DS4.9.2.67 expanded into a folder and running (Note: I did not use DIM to Install it). I made a Shortcut to the DazStudio.exe and have it being run by Admin.

What is going to happen IF I want to use this newest, 4.9.2.70 - Release Candidate (*UPDATED* May 25, 2016)???

Will it want to Overwrite my DS4.8 or my DS4.9.2.67??

Can I simply "Unzip it to a folder and Run as Admin?" as I am doing with DS4.9.67?

Thanks for any and all help.

I use PoserPro 11 roughly 95% of the time. I am suing Daz Studio to Improve my abilities with Daz Studio. So sometimes I ask questions that Full Time DS users may find silly.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

If you install the new version of the regular version of studio then yes it will over write 4.8 with 4.9. If you want both then you should leave the old version alone and simply update the betas.

• Khory said:

If you install the new version of the regular version of studio then yes it will over write 4.8 with 4.9. If you want both then you should leave the old version alone and simply update the betas.

So I can simply Overwrite my DS4.9.2.67 version and it will NOt do anything to my DS4.8 Installation?

If that is the case, I am Happy with that.yes

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

If you want to update but keep 4.8 then only do updates on the beta.

3Ddreamer said:

When you scan for new content make sure the "Mark as New" box is checked, then you can use Group:New in the filter box in Smart Content.

Khory said:

So I can simply Overwrite my DS4.9.2.67 version and it will NOt do anything to my DS4.8 Installation?

If that is the case, I am Happy with that.yes

If they are both General Release versions rather than one being the Public Beta, then they share settings, so they already have the potential to mess each other up.

Why are you running as Admin?  That shouldn't be necessary.

3Ddreamer said:

When you scan for new content make sure the "Mark as New" box is checked, then you can use Group:New in the filter box in Smart Content.

Thanks Mike but I don't use Smart Content, and as far as I can think (at work just now) that would end up with the same results as looking in the Product Library and I doubt would included non-Daz stuff.

The non-Daz stuff shouldn't be difficult -- it will end up in Default > Scan Results mimicing the folder structure on disk.

Okay thanks Mike

• Khory said:

If you want to update but keep 4.8 then only do updates on the beta.

Thank You Khory

I did as you suggested and it is running A-Okyes

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98

[Delete] - wrong thread...

• edited June 2016

Is it only me? After I jumped from 4.8 to 4.9, whenever I load a fresh Genesis 1 or a Genesis 1 character that I saved, thier foot scale sets to -10% and foot length resets. It would be annoying if I have to readjust my parthenon of fantasy characters I built over the years. Right now they all now have tiny feet. It does it with every character I load from Genesis1.

Post edited by timothybarnifski_640a1484d0 on

Load a fresh Genesis 1 and check what morphs are active under "Current"

• Load a fresh Genesis 1 and check what morphs are active under "Current"

I did, the foot scaling is at -10% by default. It's not set to default neither, the default is still zero, it just loads it up at -10 and resets foot length to zero.